The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 75 Hard Challenge + Live Hard by Andy Frisella (2020 version)

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
Yeah first thing in the morning I check my weight, take my progress pic, then I have my first meal (my diet rule is three significant meals per day and no junk/processed/bad foods, it's more than I had before and I don't want to track calories and macros). Then I read 10 pages and after I head out to the gym. That way most of it is done before my day even really started.
And it puts me in a great mental and physical state to work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Also I use the habitica app, which is great for habit tracking and acountability. It has a bit of a learning curve, but then it's frictionless, takes little time and helps gamify productivity. I won't go to bed before I check off all my 75hard tasks. Simple.
It's basically like a RPG game, and you progress as you complete your habits and tasks.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I’m on Day 12 today. Everything going really well, its been the toughest thing I have ever done so far but I’m enjoying the challenge of it. The buzz you feel lying in bed at night after sticking to your word, doing what you said you would do and winning is unmatched!

Mildly concerned that I’ll have to change my gym routine to something else as the coronavirus is beginning to hit my city/country hard.

VDP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 11, 2019
I completed my first three days. Almost forgot the picture yesterday.. That's the easiest one to do but also to forget. I do a run every morning to a calisthenics park and work out for 10 min and then run again. Evenings gym/yoga class. I do like it but I'm a bit tired because my workouts are actually though workouts right now. Love drinking so much water. Do got some cravings for fast food/brownies.

I've heard of the challenge but because of this thread, I thought let's go. My friend joined me on it so that's more fun.

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Mildly concerned that I’ll have to change my gym routine to something else as the coronavirus is beginning to hit my city/country hard.
Same problem, we got more than 7 thousand of infected people just right across the border (Italy), and Switzerland is a small country, and a lot of people travel all the times between these neighbor countries, mostly for work. I mean we almost have as much confirmed cases as the USA, but the country is tiny AF.

TheFinisher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 31, 2019
Day 66/75 for me, I'm just going to post in here so I don't bump the old thread.

2 major pieces of advice for those just starting out.

1) As others have said: TAKE YOUR PICTURE IN THE MORNING. I've almost screwed that up 3 times now, but fortunately remembered thanks to tip #2. I do read at night, but I've always done that so that's nothing new to me.
2) Do a mental or physical checklist every.single.night before you go to bed. Especially when you get to around day 40 and beyond, you absolutely will feel like you've got this routine now and you couldn't possibly screw up; that's when you will.

Bonus tip: Drink at least 110 of the 128 ounces of water before 8pm. Any less than that and you're going to be waking up in the middle of the night, and sleep is super important on this.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I’m on Day 12 today. Everything going really well, its been the toughest thing I have ever done so far but I’m enjoying the challenge of it. The buzz you feel lying in bed at night after sticking to your word, doing what you said you would do and winning is unmatched!

Best thing I did fitness-wise was getting a simple bench and a range of dumbbells. No gym? No problem. Recently added a mat, a pull-up bar and some bands to get some variety. For less than $500 CAD I can workout just as intensely as I can at the gym. No cardio equipment but I can always run or bike outside for that.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Best thing I did fitness-wise was getting a simple bench and a range of dumbbells. No gym? No problem. Recently added a mat, a pull-up bar and some bands to get some variety. For less than $500 CAD I can workout just as intensely as I can at the gym. No cardio equipment but I can always run or bike outside for that.
Came here just to ask about this, good timing! I just put my gym membership on hold for a month yesterday. I really need weights though, I don't want to just do cardio. Pull up bar and resistance bands is a great idea.

TheFinisher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 31, 2019
Came here just to ask about this, good timing! I just put my gym membership on hold for a month yesterday. I really need weights though, I don't want to just do cardio. Pull up bar and resistance bands is a great idea.

You'd be amazed at the versatility of different weights of kettlebells. I have a 25, a 35, and a 45 and you can nearly do everything with them.

I have thought about getting a simple db rack/bench combo like cmor talked about, that pretty much completes everything.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Day 16 today.

I have been home gyming the last two days. Gyms are going to be ordered to close here soon but very few people are going anyways.

75HARD has kept me on routine as 80% of the business tasks I have are disrupted.

On the bright side the nightclubs are closed so my temptation to party and drink alcohol has evaporated!

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Question to all of you!
When I made my decisions for the diet, I allowed myself to eat 80% chocolate, since it has less sugar than fruits and cocoa is healthy. I would eat one piece a day after lunch. But I saw on a website (looked very scammy and low-quality though), that chocolate wasn't allowed at all.
What's your opinion on this ? Has Andy said anything about it ?
I'm ready to start again if I failed on this detail, but I want to be sure there's any real reason to do so. In my opinion there's nothing unhealthy about it, and it's actually very bitter, so not a guilty pleasure either. Other than that I followed everything else to a T. I eat rice, pasta, tuna, eggs, etc.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Question to all of you!
When I made my decisions for the diet, I allowed myself to eat 80% chocolate, since it has less sugar than fruits and cocoa is healthy. I would eat one piece a day after lunch. But I saw on a website (looked very scammy and low-quality though), that chocolate wasn't allowed at all.
I'm ready to start again if I failed on this detail, but I want to be sure there's any real reason to do so. In my opinion there's nothing unhealthy about it, and it's actually very bitter, so not a guilty pleasure either. Other than that I followed everything else to a T. I eat rice, pasta, tuna, eggs, etc.
The original podcast says a single Peanut M&M would make you fail.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
You're fine. It's a diet of your choice as long as it meets your health and fitness goals.
I gave up dairy and wheat as part of my diet, which means I can't eat milk chocolate. I still have a few pieces of extra dark once in a while and don't consider that cheating at all.

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
You're fine. It's a diet of your choice as long as it meets your health and fitness goals.
I gave up dairy and wheat as part of my diet, which means I can't eat milk chocolate. I still have a few pieces of extra dark once in a while and don't consider that cheating at all.
I had a glass of wine with my parents, so I'll restart anyway. It's no big deal, I was just on day five. It's also an opportunity to be more mindful about the way I approach the challenge, how I fit it into my life, and how I pursue my goals despite the energy and time consuming workouts.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Still only a few weeks in but very thankful I started when I did.

With all the craziness going on it's been a great constant keeping me in a healthy routine and super positive mind frame.

As there has been some rain lately and summer falls away, gotta plan the outdoor workouts better than ever to keep healthy.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Still only a few weeks in but very thankful I started when I did.

With all the craziness going on it's been a great constant keeping me in a healthy routine and super positive mind frame.

As there has been some rain lately and summer falls away, gotta plan the outdoor workouts better than ever to keep healthy.
Agreed. Now is a good time to be focusing on healthy habits.

I'm not going back to the gym any time soon. I'm going to keep up the 0430 walks with the dog. There aren't many people out and about then. I ordered some adjustable dumbbells and a workout bench that should be delivered tomorrow so I can get some weight training in at home.

I used to ride my electric bicycle to work but now that I am working from home I will mix in some rides just to get a workout. Keeping the pedal assist on a low setting though. I got completely drenched today during a morning ride. It was a good mental toughness exercise. I pulled in the garage and put all my clothes straight in the washer.

TheFinisher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 31, 2019
I had a glass of wine with my parents, so I'll restart anyway. It's no big deal, I was just on day five. It's also an opportunity to be more mindful about the way I approach the challenge, how I fit it into my life, and how I pursue my goals despite the energy and time consuming workouts.

Just out of curiosity, what was your thought process when you had the glass of wine? I think investigating that may tell you a lot about what you need to work on to complete this.

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what was your thought process when you had the glass of wine? I think investigating that may tell you a lot about what you need to work on to complete this.
It was like 9pm already, I hadn't done my second workout yet and my parents called me for dinner. I had decided already I would start again the next day, told my parents and later they offered me a glass of wine. I didn't think much about it, I didn't want to get f*cked up either, but I guess I didn't care enough about it. I rarely drink too much and I rarely had bad hangovers. I didn't turn the offer down because alcohol isn't correlated to negative experiences/lack of productivity/bad decisions in my experiences, it's just about self-denial of something pleasurable.
Conclusion: I should learn more about the impact of Alcohol on my brain and other aspects of my life that I care about.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada

TheFinisher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 31, 2019
Andy released an updated podcast covering #75Hard. I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't comment on any differences from the original.

25:12, he says the workouts can't be consecutive for all those who needed clarification. He does go a lot more in depth on a lot of the other points so I'd recommend a listen for everyone who's doing this, which judging by the thread traffic, seems to not be many at this point.

Edit: Or -24:10 if you're listening to it directly from that link.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
25:12, he says the workouts can't be consecutive for all those who needed clarification. He does go a lot more in depth on a lot of the other points so I'd recommend a listen for everyone who's doing this, which judging by the thread traffic, seems to not be many at this point.

Edit: Or -24:10 if you're listening to it directly from that link.

Okay, good find.

I have dropped out for now but I will reconsider restarting very soon.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Edit: Or -24.10 if you're listening to it directly from that link.
On the contrary, I'm feeling like sticking to this program has been the best thing for me during this crisis.

I'm trying to figure out why I'm absolutely breezing through it now and enjoying it, pushing myself, but struggled incredibly with it last year. Failing like 7 times before 2 weeks max was up. My environment and situation were completely different back then though.

I didn't end up doing consecutive workouts. I loved the idea, but my body needed rest inbetween. Need to work more on my upper body as my legs are killing me lol.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Researching home gym stuff and had a little trip down memory lane, remembering this scene on Lost of Desmond working out in his corona proof bunker haha.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
On the contrary, I'm feeling like sticking to this program has been the best thing for me during this crisis.

I'm trying to figure out why I'm absolutely breezing through it now and enjoying it, pushing myself, but struggled incredibly with it last year. Failing like 7 times before 2 weeks max was up. My environment and situation were completely different back then though.

I didn't end up doing consecutive workouts. I loved the idea, but my body needed rest inbetween. Need to work more on my upper body as my legs are killing me lol.
I've been feeling great too. I've stuck to 0400 wake-ups every morning followed by a cold shower before walking the dog for 45 minutes at 0430.

Amazon came through for me so I now have a way to get some weight training in from home

I've also been enjoying bike rides just for the exercise.

What diets are you all doing?

I'm doing the Dr. John McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Plan.

Here are the basic rules from his website

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
  2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.
  3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
  4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
  5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
  6. Eliminate any added oil.
  7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
  8. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
  9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself.
  10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
The only exception I am making is that I will eat the remaining servings of whole-wheat pasta that I batch cooked on Tuesday. The tomato sauce on that has some added oil.

My choice of diet has been especially good for isolating during this coronavirus pandemic. The tricky part might be keeping up the salad with every meal. It's been good so far. Day 20 is going well.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I slowly moved into keto over a few weeks. Moving too fast to 20ish carbs last time I tried was a disaster. Been a bit hard to figure out balancing fat and total calories to under 2000 but have it pretty well down now. Only thing I miss is milk and sugar in my coffee.

Don't think my emergency corona diet of rice and canned food is gonna cut it with keto if it gets to that though haha.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018

TheFinisher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 31, 2019
Day 73 here. I'm fortunate enough to be a member of one of the very few gyms that are still open around here. It's always been a non-crowded gym so we're not crawling all over each other. Hoping it stays open at least through Friday.

I'll echo the sentiment that it has been nice to stay on routine through this whole thing. I'm sure a lot of us have a lot of stress going on right now so it has been good to have something else to focus on. Lord knows if I wouldn't have been on 75 hard, I would have started drinking heavily after viewing the ole portfolio :eyes:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
For everyone who's stuck at home and wants to try a different workout (inside or outside) Down Dog has made all of their apps free to use til April 1st.

Dear Down Dog Community,

Thank you for helping us spread the word that all of our apps - Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute - will be free to use until April 1st.

In response to the many school closures taking place, we are extending the free period to July 1st for all students and teachers (K-12 and college) so that they can have access to wellness at home through the end of the semester.

To access the free membership, please sign up with your .edu email address. If your school doesn't use .edu emails, please reply to this email or write to us at schools@downdogapp.com so we can extend the free membership to your school's email domain. More info can be found at www.downdogapp.com

Please help us share this with the students and teachers in your lives.

With love,
The Down Dog Team

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!