The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 75 Hard Challenge + Live Hard by Andy Frisella (2020 version)

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
@Olga I think it's meant to be the same but yes the water is the tough part. I thought I drank a lot of water compared to my peers but I'm having trouble today. I think I'm at 2/3 gallon right now and it's 4pm here. If I don't finish today-- I'll just restart tomorrow! It might take me a few days to get used to drinking this much water.

How you doing @becks22? Adjusting to the water?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015
Day 2.

1. Workouts:
- Outdoor - 50 minutes walk in the morning. I am wearing a heart rate monitor to make sure that I keep the pace which boosts my heart rate into the workout zone and I am actually working out, not just having a stroll.
- Leg day in the gym.

2. Water - It wasn't a big problem to upgrade my habit of drinking water throughout a day to a gallon.

3. Nutrition - I've been struggling a little bit where to place my focus - to meal sizes or abstaining from certain high-calorie foods (like raisins, dates, dried apricots, etc.). Finally I decided to stick to the time-proven strategy of tracking macros and calories - it's been always bringing me the best results. My goal is 1400 kcal on days with light workouts and 1650-1700 on intensive days.

4. Reading - I had to do some math to convert regular pages into my Kindle equivalent. It turned out that on average 1 printed book page =4 Kindle pages.

5. Progress pic - done.

So far it goes smoothly and exactly like it's been mentioned above I feel like I need a bigger challenge. But the next week promises to be chaotic so I'd better focus on ensuring I will still keep those two workouts in place.

Thanks a lot to everyone for sharing inputs and experience.

Have a great day.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
How you doing @becks22? Adjusting to the water?

It's still a challenge but doable. I just need to pee like twice an hour which is a bit ridiculous but whatever. I work from home so no excuses. Failed my outside exercise today so I do need to start over. That's ok I figured this woudl take some practice.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
It's still a challenge but doable. I just need to pee like twice an hour which is a bit ridiculous but whatever. I work from home so no excuses. Failed my outside exercise today so I do need to start over. That's ok I figured this woudl take some practice.
Living in San Diego definitely makes the program a little easier in regards to the outdoor workouts.

@Sheens outdoor workouts literally involve snow shoes.

I've been doing 0430 walks with the dog as my outdoor workouts. We usually cover two miles in 45 minutes so it's not very physically demanding but it's still a mental challenge to go out and face the darkness and chill air that early.

becks22

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
@NateKruse yeh it snowed last night so a little too chilly but spring is just around the corner here. It's supposed to be warmer starting Monday.

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015
Day 3 here.

1.1 Outdoor workout - 45 min walk, finished it taking stairs all the way up to my apartment which is on the 14th floor.

1.2 Gym workout - back, shoulders.

2. Water - done.

3. Nutrition - managed to stay within 1400 kcal somehow.

4. Reading - done.
5. Pic - took it in the morning, before going for a walk.

And tomorrow comes Monday, and temptation to push the morning walk to after-work hours surely will be tantalizing.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
How's everyone doing on the program so far?

Day 4 is going well for me. I'm about to head out to the gym for the second workout.

Sleep needs to be a bigger focus for me. I've been waking up at 0400 and today I was super tired.

I also had a bit of a surprise this afternoon when I was biting into a homemade brown rice vegetable sushi roll and the dental crown on one of my molars fell off. Fortunately it doesn't hurt (yet) but the exposed stub of a tooth is super sensitive. Even to room temperature water or a quick rush of air during the inhale following a laugh. Just another thing to make the 75 Hard program a little more interesting. I hopefully I can see my dentist about it tomorrow.

A good all-around piece of advice is to stack everything towards the front of the day.

I absolutely agree with this. My energy steeply drops toward the end of the day. On a previous attempt I tried reading 10 pages before bed. I think it took me about 2 hours of semi-consciousness to flip through ten pages before I allowed myself to actually sleep for the night. The next morning I looked through the pages I "read" the night before and it all seemed unfamiliar. That's when I knew I had to start over on that attempt.

I like to wake up at 0400, take a cold shower, take a progress photo, drink 30 oz of water, walk with the dog for 45 minutes, drink 30 oz of water, meditate, read 10 pages, eat a salad for breakfast, drink 30 oz of water, ride my bike to the gym, workout for 45 minutes, ride my bike to work, shower, and be ready to start the work day by 0800. By that point all I have to do finish the challenge is drink a little bit more water, stick to the nutrition plan, and avoid pissing my pants at the office for the first few hours of work. It's smooth sailing from there. If I didn't stick to the routine strictly enough in the morning I push the second workout to lunchtime.

I find it more challenging on the weekends when I don't have the structure of my day job to build the day around.

Chormaic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 24, 2020
Portland Oregon
Hey there!

Saw this post a couple days ago and forgot to throw my two cents in. I'm a bit ahead of you all - started on Feb. 1, so today is day 32 for me.

I switched from a 7-day lifting split to a 5-day split last week (7 days is literally not good for your body).

The diet I'm on is roughly 3,000 calories a day in an effort to gain weight, so far I'm up to 178lbs, from 170ish. (A lot of that 8 pounds is excess water weight from creatine and simply from the volume of food I'm consuming.) I've

I failed last year around this point. The biggest challenges I'm facing this year are getting to bed around 8pm so that I can wake up at 5am - getting enough sleep is a total game-changer.

The biggest things that have helped me succeed thus far this time around is consistency - in routine, food, habits, etc.

For example: my diet consists of the same 8 basic meals (potatoes and eggs, protein shake, rice chips, PBJ, ham sandwich, braised chicken thighs and rice, pasta and beans and rice). What I'll do from there is switch up what goes with what, so one week I'll make shoyu chicken with the thighs, and the next is Spanish style braise....so on and so forth for each meal.

In this same vein, I've found that structuring my weekend schedule the same way I structure my weekday schedule has made the weekends SO much easier - it's also when I get 80% of my meal prep done for the week.

Those are two of the things that have taken some of the mental load off for me - let me know if y'all have any more questions.

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015
I failed an outdoor workout, so back to square one.

becks22

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Can the outside workout be yoga or Pilates?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015
So, I am back to Day 1 today:

1. Outside - 45 min walk, gym - crossfit
2. Water -done.
3. Pic - done.
4. Nutrition - about 1700 kcal.
5. Reading - still have to do it, left it for before going to bed.

Have a good day/night, everyone.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
To help you guys adhere to the plan:

Lead with identity, not with actions. ASSUME your new identity, then do the actions to support it. Those actions become your mind’s evidence that you are the identity you stated. You will not win if your identity is “out of shape” or “lazy”. AKA “I’m super out of shape but I’m doing 75hard to get fit.” You'll miss a day and confirm your lazy out of shape identity.

Lead with “I am doing 75hard because I am a fit, disciplined person.” Or something along those lines.

I like to call myself a rhino. Not sure why, it pumps me up though. Like, if you offered a rhino a cupcake, he'd headbutt straight through your house.

This is explained in Atomic Habits with the example of a smoker who quits: Someone asks them if they would like a cigarette. They reply “No thanks, I’m trying to quit” - haha good luck. VS “No thanks, I’m not a smoker” You go, Debbie.

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
I had started successfully for 2 days and then depression hit so did not finish anything for 2 other days. Started back today
Outside Workout was done at 4:30am today it started to drizzle but kept going anyways.
Water drank most of it by noon and the rest was now complete.
Second afternoon workout complete at home did my own routine of push ups and pull ups.
Reading is going to be done before bed .
Pic done.
Diet was kept with nothing but home cooked healthy meals. My issue is always buying fast food.
Going to make sure I keep this up tomorrow also!

becks22

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Day 3 done (Had to start over on Tuesday)
Walk with my sister's pup for 45 min
90 min Barre class
Pic done
Water done. I have my gallon mapped out to a little over 6 blender bottles full of water. Today I probably drank 7.5 bottles so I'm well over the gallon. I know it's only been three days but my skin looks great from all this water.
Off to bed and to read

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
Day 2 finished
Did not wake up in time for my outside workout but instead of saying f it I substituted with my hour lunch at work and did a jog at the park for the full time.
Afternoon arm workout was done at home.
Gallon finished.
Pic complete.
Just read my 10 pages.
Didnt eat anything unhealthy and stuck to my meals so win there also.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I'll never have nightmares about eating pizza or something, but f@#k me if I won't soon be having them where my phone camera doesn't work, and I run around the city only to find broken cameras haha.

The progress pic is definitely going to be my downfall if I don't watch it like a hawk.

Anyway, feeling great. Work suffered a bit at the beginning but now my work is better than before I started. Way more productive.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
I'll never have nightmares about eating pizza or something, but f@#k me if I won't soon be having them where my phone camera doesn't work, and I run around the city only to find broken cameras haha

Our minds are weird like that. I just had a dream that I was at my parents' house and had hot chocolate, cheese, crackers, and candy without thinking about it. Then in the dream I woke up in the middle of the night and confessed to my sister that I failed the diet and would have to start over at zero. I was devasted!

"Eight Days! Wasted!" I exclaimed.

I was so relieved to wake up in my normal bed going strong on Day 9 of the program.

A similar thing happened the night before. That time it was burgers. Hopefully this doesn't become a nightly occurrence.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
The progress pic is definitely going to be my downfall if I don't watch it like a hawk.
It was my downfall the 1st time around. Since then I learned to "attach" it to another task that I do every day. Now, I take the pic while I'm getting ready for the day.

Step 1: Put on underwear
Step 2: Take progress pic:
Step 3: Get dressed

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
It was my downfall the 1st time around. Since then I learned to "attach" it to another task that I do every day. Now, I take the pic while I'm getting ready for the day.

Step 1: Put on underwear
Step 2: Take progress pic:
Step 3: Get dressed
That's pretty similar to my progress pic routine. A couple of days I have forgotten to do it first thing and remembered when I was walking out the door to walk the dog. I made myself take off my walking clothes and take the photo before doing anything else.

I use an Evernote table with five checkboxes per day to keep track of how many times I drink my 30 oz rambler of water. I also attach the progress pics to the table.

The Way of Life app that @Fox recommended is pretty helpful too. There is a small one time fee to track more than three habits. I use that before bed to make sure I hit every requirement.

267594D3-73E5-429B-A81E-2EB0252B81E7.png

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
Days 3 and 4 completed!
It was so hard to say no to free drinks when everyone else around you is clearly taking advantage but kept to myself and finished the day well. The progress pic did almost slip my mind but got up after laying down to take it anyways

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
I'm in. Starting tomorrow. Andy is starting again on Monday too, with a lot of other people I guess. I only did 15 days of it in 2019, and I've built excuses to not do it for the past 6 months. Time to work on my mental game.

Varlenheit

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jan 9, 2019
Imagine losing the challenge because of delaying the 10 pages of the book at night and forgetting about it.. yep, that's me. Back to day 1.. I'm so frustrated right now.
Trying to do most of the challenge in the morning seems to be the way to go.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Imagine losing the challenge because of delaying the 10 pages of the book at night and forgetting about it.. yep, that's me. Back to day 1.. I'm so frustrated right now.
Trying to do most of the challenge in the morning seems to be the way to go.
For real. Makes it so much easier, especially if you wanna really take in what you're reading. 10 pages probably takes me close to 45 minutes lately.

I've been waking up at 6, drinking 500mls, taking a pic, grabbing a coffee then lying in bed reading till 7 while drinking another 500. Has helped so much.

I've moved the morning workout to midday gym though which I'm able to do as I work from home. But I've been getting some crazy deep work like never before in the 2 to 4 hours after reading the 10 pages in the morning. Before I go to bed I've been writing down the most important task which before I may have been putting off and making that what i work on. The morning reading definitely motivates me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.