The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SurveyMonkey: Has Anyone Used it For Market Research?

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Has anyone used SurveyMonkey software for doing market research?

I created a survey with about 4-5 open-ended questions.
Those are specific questions about the features of the product that I am working on, and the reason people would want them.

If I could get 100 quality responses for what they estimate to be - 135 CAD - it kind of sounds too good to be true.
But I am not sure how accurate is this estimate...

Would you suggest setting a requirement for each question? For example, at least 30 characters. Something doesn't make sense here, though. For example, if you were to set 300 characters as a minimum - would you really get such long responses just for 1.35 CAD?

I have read online that you only pay for complete responses (when participant answers all question).

Is this service worth it? What was your experience?

What I did before was a landing page with an email sign up button, that would prompt a short survey. It worked pretty well (0.20-0.30c per response), but required big upfront costs in optimizing Facebook ads.

I am looking for a quick and effective solution.

I think 100 responses would cut it, as I have already done other research methods (reading reviews on Amazon, terrorizing subreddits lol) and would like to confirm a few things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 10.40.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 10.40.31 AM.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London

Those are specific questions about the features of the product that I am working on, and the reason people would want them.

If I could get 100 quality responses for what they estimate to be - 135 CAD - it kind of sounds too good to be true.

Would you suggest setting a requirement for each question? For example, at least 30 characters. Something doesn't make sense here, though. For example, if you were to set 300 characters as a minimum - would you really get such long responses just for 1.35 CAD?

I have read online that you only pay for complete responses (when participant answers all question).

What I did before was a landing page with an email sign up button, that would prompt a short survey. It worked pretty well (0.20-0.30c per response), but required big upfront costs in optimizing Facebook ads.

I think 100 responses would cut it, as I have already done other research methods (reading reviews on Amazon, terrorizing subreddits lol) and would like to confirm a few things.

Survey Monkey is a great tool - highly recommend it.

Also you should check out Microsoft Forms as it can be free and cheaper (if you have a 365 subscription).

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Survey Monkey is a great tool - highly recommend it.

Also you should check out Microsoft Forms as it can be free and cheaper (if you have a 365 subscription).

Thanks!

danwan337

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Sep 23, 2020
India

I would recommend you use SoGoSurvey for dissertation, market research, and for other online survey projects. They offer you a basic account with a good amount of features and a ten-day trial on a higher package if your requirement is high. You can attend a demo with them to understand what they have got. All the best!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.