The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop Getting Fat During Quarantine: The Easiest 30 Day Challenge

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
fasting may help but you’ll lose motivation fast. Create a caloric deficit while eating full. Best strategy.
False. It's so motivating to see QUICK progress. And after a longer fast you will feel full WAY easier.
I did a 6 day 22 hour fast last year and I got amazing results in a single week. It only got easier over time. After 3-4 days I didn't feel hungry anymore.

Keep us posted on your progress kelvinfernandezm!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
fasting may help but you’ll lose motivation fast. Create a caloric deficit while eating full. Best strategy.

Bro, why don't you post some progress material and show where you're getting this notion from?

This is a piss poor attitude, discouraging others from doing what alot consider to be the greatest productivity AND health hack they've ever found.

Anda el Diablo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2017
Las Vegas
Good post. I’ve been lazy and making excuses. I was just getting back into the gym right when we buckled down with the quarantine. I actually stopped going about a week before they shut down, I just felt weird using sweaty equipment in the middle of a pandemic. I had been going for about a month before. I am on and off in the gym. I’ll go 6-8 months hard, get into good shape, and then take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months off depending on what going on in my life. I also have bad shoulders from snowboarding accidents, so sometimes I start to make really good progress, only for my shoulders to start giving out on me and having to take a break.

I’ve probably gained 15-20 pounds over the last 3 months. I was quite busy the few months before those 3 months so I wasn’t able to hit the gym as much as I would have liked to. Then I moved from a high elevation to a low elevation, and every time I do that I notice I pack on a few pounds since my body doesn’t burn as much energy at the lower elevation. I’ve started to go on daily walks, but I need to step it up. Quarantine has made me think, “well I have no gym so I’ll just eat what I want and exercise once this is all over.” I always feel like if I’m not working out, I may as well not follow a strict diet (I know, not smart). I need to change that mind set. My wife has packed more pounds on than I have, I need to motivate us both, thanks for this thread, it makes me want to slap myself and say, “what the hell are you doing?!”

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Timely thread. I told my mum this morning that I’ve put on a pound a week in the last six weeks. I dropped seven pounds earlier this year purely from intermittent fasting for a month. I stopped the IF as I figured I’d rather have a bit more weight to lose if I got ill (an old wives tale I’m sure). Anyway, I won’t count calories but I planned on starting the IF this Monday anyway.

Current weight 12 stone 5 pounds (173 pounds). For reference I’m 5’10”.

@Fox ... I’m naturally skinny in the shoulders. I’ll be hitting the weights for upper body this next few weeks. I’ll quite quickly get back to where I used to be when I was regularly weight training. (Does muscle actually have memory?). I don’t know what impact that will have on the scales so I won’t get too hung up on the numbers.

BTW: I’d never done IF before. I just had an eating window of 12:00 till 18:00 and drank water outside of that. It was super simple and I dropped from 173 pounds down to 166 pounds in a month (although that’s probably a bit light for me.)

EDIT: This has just inspired me to go throw some weights about.
I thought I'd check in.

I didn't realise it's been over a month since I posted that!

I've gone from 173 pounds to just under 170 pounds.

That's a weight loss of just over 3 pounds in just over 5 weeks. Not much to write home about but at least it's in the right direction. I thought I was losing a pound a week but I'm ok with this.

I'm also jogging a couple of times a week, throwing a few dumb-bells and kettle-bells about, and doing the pressup challenge. I guess I'm putting on a bit of muscle while losing a bit of fat.

How's everyone else doing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.