The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting Web Design Company With only Wordpress/Generatepress/Elementor/Yoast?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Survivalist

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 16, 2019
Hi all,

I need some opinions on this. Can you start a legit web design business if you have only experience with Wordpress/Generatepress/Elementor/Yoast?

I basically have knowledge of the 3 above + basic css skills (research/modifies/testing). I'll also add some speed optimization which i'm actually very good at.

The last part is copywriting and SEO. I think my copywriting skills are getting quite good. I have a marketing mindset, so what i put out can be very convincing to people.

For SEO i rate myself stil as intermediate i still lack some tiny techniques on how to form the best links, titles, and meta descriptions. For me this can be tricky especially for a particular niche.

For instance i tend to keep my focus keyword no more than 1 or 2 words. Otherwise it tends to get hard to increase the keyword density in a particular post. Not sure what the best technique is here but a lot of competition is making it hard these days.

So with that being said i think that's about it. How would you guys see my potential starting a company for web design/seo/marketing services? Do i still lack experience/knowledge/information?

PS; i might also learn about google ads soon because i think some people really rely on that to boost their visibility.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MoneyHacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhere in Asia
I think you can, even with only wordpress in your pocket. Most websites are made with wordpress, as i can see on Fiverr, lots of people need help with their wordpress websites. With wordpress you can make almost every kind of websites, except for web applications.

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
Yes, some of the biggest web design agencies around use WordPress.

Survivalist

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 16, 2019
I think you can, even with only wordpress in your pocket. Most websites are made with wordpress, as i can see on Fiverr, lots of people need help with their wordpress websites. With wordpress you can make almost every kind of websites, except for web applications.
Yes, some of the biggest web design agencies around use WordPress.

Yes but i mean a web agency for enterprises. Providing the full package. Including design, marketing, copywriting, seo, boosting, etc...

Osmotic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 17, 2019
Of course, but you also need to believe it!

Take the attention off of yourself and look at the people who would benefit amazingly from what you have to offer. People NEED what you can offer them, and you're dragging your feet asking if you're qualified to do it! You are if you can, and if you can't you'll learn because you want to help others prosper with a burning passion. Give people more and then give them more. Don't worry if you can or can't just go help someone. See that they need it desperately and you withhold relief every moment you don't help them.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Of course, but you also need to believe it!

Take the attention off of yourself and look at the people who would benefit amazingly from what you have to offer. People NEED what you can offer them, and you're dragging your feet asking if you're qualified to do it! You are if you can, and if you can't you'll learn because you want to help others prosper with a burning passion. Give people more and then give them more. Don't worry if you can or can't just go help someone. See that they need it desperately and you withhold relief every moment you don't help them.
This! You already know enough. Go help folks with what you already know.

For instance, why go learning Google Ads? How will that help folks when you already know X,Y, and Z? : )

We don’t earn more by consuming more.

“The market doesn’t pay for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

Survivalist

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 16, 2019
Maybe i did not use the right word. I meant a "Digital Marketing Agency". Not just a simple "Web Design Company".

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
The answer is still the same from what the above crowd have written.

Which is yes.

I am looking at your title which has the words Generatepress, Elementor and Yoast in it.

Well these are completely meaningless to me and I imagine 99% of people like me (whom I would describe as normal people :smile: )

If I want a gardener to cut my grass I don't really care what lawnmower is being used.

I just need to be confident that the person seems to know what they are going to do, will turn up and actually do it, and charge what I think is a reasonable price for doing it.

That bit will be down to your sales/personable skills at putting me at ease and making me feel comfortable in gong with you over someone else.

With regards to the Digital Agency bit, I personally would expect you to organise everything. However I would not expect you to personally do everything.

So hook up with some trusted freelance partners to start with to fill in the gaps you don't have before hiring people in the long term.

Think like a Wedding Planner. She sits with the bride to find out what outcome the bride would like. Only then will she start to organise the team to implement it from her little black book.

Different brides will result in different contacts being phoned.

Dan

Osmotic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 17, 2019
I just need to be confident that the person seems to know what they are going to do, will turn up and actually do it, and charge what I think is a reasonable price for doing it.
That + be a good sport and pleasure to work with and you will get referrals out the a$$. Half of business I feel is just building good relationships.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.