The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlane mindset

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ioachim

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 9, 2018
NJ
Good evening everyone.

I was watching one of MJ's YouTube videos, so I can recommend one for my brother, and then a Slowlane finance guru's video popped up on my recommended list.

The title goes; "I Haven’t Had a Single Day Off For 3 Years!!!"

This young poor Slowlane caller faithfully has been following the guru's advice and never got to take a single day off for his family or himself in 3 years! And he calls the guru that recommends this kind of life-time subscription of frugality and mediocrity and asks for his advice! I couldn't finish the video, but the answer's obvious. Take it easy but continue what you are doing. And the comments? Type 1- praise: "Wow, a Millennial who actually isn't lazy!!!" "Mad respect for this guy." Type 2- sympathy: "I haven’t had a VACATION (destination type) in 20 YEARS! ... so I planned a short Cruise July 2020 and C0VlD-19 hit (SMH) ‍♀ Just wasn’t meant to be......." "I worked 15 years straight without a day off. Watched my father work 35 years straight. Even Christmas morning....."

This is horrifying. You never took a day off for decades and still live in frugality? Where is the American dream? If I were to not take a single day off for 3 years, it must be for building up and running my own business, not for a freaking boss or someone else's company.

When I moved to America and learned American expressions, one expression that stood out to me was this; "I work FOR XXX company/boss." My mother tongue speakers would say I work AT, not FOR. If you say I work for, the listener would think you are a slave working for free or for food. After gaining some experience and reading MJ's books, I quickly realized that it is a pretty accurate expression.

Another reason to work hard to build up my Fastlane vehicle, so I can join the Fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007