The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I keep watching TV?

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
I have been reading so much books lately after I read the TFM, because I want to substitute learning against watching tv, and guess what I found out? Almost all of the self-help book, and books about successful people, advertised many different views of why watching TV isn't just bad, it is one of the most cardinal sins of the culture. So I don't think I will ever get a cable sub again, I will have a tv in the future for movies probably, but then I just remembered I haven't watched any TV series or movies in a couple of month....

In short, trying reading books, really opens your mind up and relax you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nicko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Oct 14, 2015
Australia
We have a new reality TV show over here called Gogglebox.

It's basically a TV show about people watching TV shows.

How messed up is that ?

Yeah OK. I watch it :rolleyes:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
We have a new reality TV show over here called Gogglebox.

It's basically a TV show about people watching TV shows.

How messed up is that ?

Yeah OK. I watch it :rolleyes:
maybe I could combine this with an idea from someone else's comment and find a TV show that discusses whether watching TV shows is a good idea. :)

Nicko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Oct 14, 2015
Australia
maybe I could combine this with an idea from someone else's comment and find a TV show that discusses whether watching TV shows is a good idea. :)

Better yet, how about a TV show about nothing . . . . let's say there were four friends living in New York and . . . . . :p

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I only watch TV when watching Formula One (I'm a huge fan of motorsports), and watching movies on Netflix, which I haven't done in weeks because I've been too busy. I've never been a fan of watching TV and overall I don't feel like I'm missing out. I like to get out into the real world rather than stay home and stare at a screen while my body sits idle and stagnant.

Next time you see someone like a friend or family member who spends countless hours in front of the TV, observe them. Do they look like they're making the most of their life? Are they working towards fulfilling any visions or at least goals? If there was a power outage right that minute, would they find enjoyment in another activity, or would their whole world be shattered?

My general attitude towards TV is summed up here

No-Lamborghini-Commercial.jpg

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2015
Mine are:
1. Watch Shark Tank - very funny, informative, and related to our business
2. Buy Astronomical Telescope - collect cosmic dust at night and watch the stars. Hope that a higher form f life gives us the secret sauce in business hahaha
3. Take MMA Class - to decompress stress

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Can't remember who said it, but the line was something like "The rich have big libraries, the poor have big TVs." (Gary Halbert?)

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt, but you get the gist.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I was lucky and grew up in a TV-less home.

I can't stand cable, Netflix is alright. I mostly watch cooking/chef documentaries if I'm on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.