Andy Black
Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
We're using Basecamp for team communication, and communicating with clients. It's pretty good, but we think we need some sort of ticketing system and service (help) desk.
I prefer to call them Service Desks rather than Help Desks. It's there to provide a service, not just help. IT guys will know this from ITIL training, which I put myself through years ago.
I've heard good things about Helpscout.net so am trialing it.
I'll update this thread with findings.
First things first, I got an onboarding email asking if I had any questions.
This is what I emailed them:
My scenario is we are a team of 3-4 and have about 20 clients. I’d like clients to email support@ and for us to know exactly which client it’s from. Are we able to setup rules based on the incoming email address so emails are labeled/categorised by client?
Do you have a series of videos that explain how to use Helpscout? (I’m not a fan of registering for live demos or webinars.)
This was the response:
In terms of creating rules, it sounds like our Workflow feature is what you're looking for! Workflows can be manual or automatic. Automatic workflows can be created to look for certain conditions, and then a set of actions will take place. Here are the relevant help pages:
Based on what you described, you could create a workflow like this:
And as for explainer videos, we do indeed have those:
I prefer to call them Service Desks rather than Help Desks. It's there to provide a service, not just help. IT guys will know this from ITIL training, which I put myself through years ago.
I've heard good things about Helpscout.net so am trialing it.
I'll update this thread with findings.
First things first, I got an onboarding email asking if I had any questions.
This is what I emailed them:
My scenario is we are a team of 3-4 and have about 20 clients. I’d like clients to email support@ and for us to know exactly which client it’s from. Are we able to setup rules based on the incoming email address so emails are labeled/categorised by client?
Do you have a series of videos that explain how to use Helpscout? (I’m not a fan of registering for live demos or webinars.)
In terms of creating rules, it sounds like our Workflow feature is what you're looking for! Workflows can be manual or automatic. Automatic workflows can be created to look for certain conditions, and then a set of actions will take place. Here are the relevant help pages:
Based on what you described, you could create a workflow like this:
- Condition: IF Customer email is (client's email address)
- Action: THEN add tag client-name (or you can copy those emails to a folder, or so on)
And as for explainer videos, we do indeed have those:
- Getting Started with Help Scout: Video Tour
- Live Classes: If you scroll to the bottom of that page, check out the videos under "Level up your Support game". Those will open in a popover and don't require registering.
- Onboarding Your Team: This could be especially helpful as you're bringing on your teammates to use Help Scout, too.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
