The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Setting up a Service Desk (Helpdesk)

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We're using Basecamp for team communication, and communicating with clients. It's pretty good, but we think we need some sort of ticketing system and service (help) desk.

I prefer to call them Service Desks rather than Help Desks. It's there to provide a service, not just help. IT guys will know this from ITIL training, which I put myself through years ago.

I've heard good things about Helpscout.net so am trialing it.

I'll update this thread with findings.

First things first, I got an onboarding email asking if I had any questions.

This is what I emailed them:

My scenario is we are a team of 3-4 and have about 20 clients. I’d like clients to email support@ and for us to know exactly which client it’s from. Are we able to setup rules based on the incoming email address so emails are labeled/categorised by client?

Do you have a series of videos that explain how to use Helpscout? (I’m not a fan of registering for live demos or webinars.)

This was the response:

In terms of creating rules, it sounds like our Workflow feature is what you're looking for! Workflows can be manual or automatic. Automatic workflows can be created to look for certain conditions, and then a set of actions will take place. Here are the relevant help pages:

Based on what you described, you could create a workflow like this:

• Condition: IF Customer email is (client's email address)
  • Action: THEN add tag client-name (or you can copy those emails to a folder, or so on)
Take a look at workflows, and let me know what ya think!

And as for explainer videos, we do indeed have those:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I'm currently a Zendesk Admin. Integrating Zendesk into NetSuite is kind of what I do at my day job. And I'm the global contact funnel for all help desk related functions for my company. fell free to ask any questions

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OK... I'm back to this. A ticketing system for our service desk...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

DifficultTruth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 22, 2016
Hi Andy,

I am happy to help answer and give second opinions throughout the process and implementation of your service desk, my background is IT and have worked my way through being a service desk agent into operations management that oversaw both service desk and engineering teams, and now work as as a backend DevOps engineer.

I've got experience in implementing (and working in) both ITIL and Agile frameworks, and workflow and service tools like OsTicket, ServiceNow, Connectwise, etc. Feel free to bounce questions or ideas off me, here or in PMs. You've provided tremendous value to myself and others in these forums for years, hope I can contribute back!

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
You might want to check Intercom. It's what the company I work for uses, and I've seen it on other websites too. You can create queues (or folders), tag/label messages and users, and mention workmates.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
What about a bug tracker like this? Just email bugs.3u6h39@zapiermail.com then check out the spreadsheet below. You could just substitute bugs@yourdomain.com for the zaiper address.

moneytree3006

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 10, 2019
I have worked remotely in customer service and we used Intercom and Zendesk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.