The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum: Setting up a cleaning business - need your advice!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mergim94

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 13, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm Mergim, 29 years old from Germany and new to the forum. Reading various books inspired me so much that I quit my well-paid job in the software industry to run my parents' cleaning business. The business currently turns over around €10,000 per month and my parents are the main labour force. My goal is to establish effective systems from the start and the first big goal is to continuously gain new, strong customers. Our focus is on retail spaces, offices and other commercial spaces that do not require specific expertise.

I have a few questions for you:

How would you quickly and effectively analyse clients' problems/needs?
Should we still be looking at WordPress in 2024 or are there better alternatives for website building, especially with regards to AI-powered solutions? I don't have a budget for expensive solutions at the moment and would also like to use the skills to help my wife with her business.
What strategies would you recommend to generate leads?
Do you have any general tips for building such a business?
How do you deal with mastermind groups in business, especially if you don't have a supportive environment?
I look forward to being part of this community and am eager to hear your advice and experiences.

Best regards,
Mergim

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@IceCreamKid might be suited to direct you to some forum threads. I think there are a few here on cleaning carpets, which probably is similar to cleaning in general.

Mihalsky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 10, 2021
Łódź, Poland
Hello Mergim,

Below my answers to your questions

1. How would you quickly and effectively analyse clients' problems/needs? - Answer: As per my understanding, your parents already serve some clients. No better way to discover what they need now and what they might need than going and asking them these questions. As simple as that - use 20/80 rule. Simple actions give you maximum effect.

2. Should we still be looking at WordPress in 2024 or are there better alternatives for website building, especially with regards to AI-powered solutions? Answer: you are targeting businesses to offer your service and B2B selling is quite different than B2C (i.e. cleaning houses). Positioning website enough high in search results might be costly and/or time-consuming. Forget about Linkedin either (expensive and might be not effective). My question to you: what you need that webpage for?

3. What strategies would you recommend to generate leads? Answer: Retail spaces, offices and other commercial spaces might have long contracts with other cleaning companies. But I believe, you can break in by going to either owners or administrators of these premises and offering some free samples of your work. Or maybe there is something else that they lack of - payment terms, availability early/late hours, additional services (washing carpets) etc.

4. Do you have any general tips for building such a business? Answers: learn all services, get customers by providing excellent work and cooperation, hire good people, make your parents retire early :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.