The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self-Development Activities

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

Grimaldo

We have to take ACTION to overcome our fears on daily basis. I have done a list of the best activities we could do to do that. I haven't done all, it's all the information I have gathered. Comment here if a good activity is missing.

1. Daygame - Approach women on the street in daily basis.
2. Introduce yourself to others - Go out and meet other people without reason on the street.
3. Sales Job - No matter what is your business about. Go to the streets and door to door and sell to people, only for the sake of approaching not matter if you are selling airplanes (but always goal oriented).
4. Acting class
5. Public Speaking
6. Clown courses - Yes, clown. That's the one I am most really looking for. I am going to do a full month intensive course on summer. It can help you to give you social freedom and allow you to fully express yourself.
7. Travel alone
8. Workout (I personally don't like it but it can help a lot)

I am only doing daygame, public speaking and I traveled alone.

Daygame it's the best thing I ever done to improve my social skills. I passed from 0 to 10. Women was the thing I feared most in my life. I strongly suggest the daygameblueprint.com if you want to start.

Public speaking is also helping but because I mix it with daygame I cannot say until what point. But it helps you to communicate better.

I traveled alone but long time ago (I didn't do it to grow) so I cannot comment much on this.

I am going to keep track of the other activities when I do them. Please share more activities that helped you and your track record :).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 14, 2014
Wow I didn't know clown courses exist.

I can be really shy at times and I found debating helped me to become more confident and assertive.

Andur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 4, 2014
San Francisco
This is great. Love the clown course idea.

I'm not ashamed to admit that Neil Strauss was probably the seed that grew into my current desire to become an entrepreneur. Although this whole idea of pick up artistry attracts many undesirable folk, for me it showed me a world where confidence and resolve to act outside of your existing comfort boundaries could bring remarkable achievements in every aspect of one's life. Better still, the simple fact that we aren't a slave to our existing character traits and personalities. With effort, one can change a mindset and reprogram bad habits. Seems obvious now but it was anything but at the time.

I used to remember thinking to myself "I'm shy...and one day I'll meet a girl that will appreciate me for who I am." That was a MASSIVE cop out. Sure, you will meet someone one day that will appreciate you but if you don't like being shy (and that was really how I felt), then you can change it. Further more, that person may walk past you a hundred times in the street when perhaps all that you needed to meet them was a simple "hello."

Anyway, I'm digressing. The point is, confidence led me to reading and educating myself. This in turn led to re-evaluating every aspect of my life, including goals and missions. Ultimately, this led me to the MFL and here I am. I fully commend you for taking action to get out of your comfort zone. I see the benefits of this in the path to becoming a successful entrepreneur and I'm encouraged further to act similarly. Just like playing a musical instrument, it takes constant practice to maintain.

G

Grimaldo

I also started with self-growth stuff when I was a kid. I also read The Game when I was tying to overcome my shyness with women.
It's absolutely fine to start here, I mastered myself and I know how other minds work.

for me it showed me a world where confidence and resolve to act outside of your existing comfort boundaries could bring remarkable achievements in every aspect of one's life. Better still, the simple fact that we aren't a slave to our existing character traits and personalities. With effort, one can change a mindset and reprogram bad habits. Seems obvious now but it was anything but at the time.
I cannot agree more with you. No matter how many books you read, theory is useless if you don't take action. Live is action.

Just like playing a musical instrument, it takes constant practice to maintain.
It sounds like a limiting believe. There is a point when you become what you want to be, and then you don't need any effort to maintain it, it's you natural way of being.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 4, 2014
San Francisco
It sounds like a limiting believe. There is a point when you become what you want to be, and then you don't need any effort to maintain it, it's you natural way of being.

This is an interesting point but I disagree that it is a "limiting belief" to desire constant practice and reflection of new habits and traits. The moment that you stop reflecting on your habits and personalities is the moment that you stop growing as a person, no matter how much you have improved. I agree with you that certain habits will, in time, become second nature but just like the bad habits that we've acquired throughout our entire lives, these seemingly happened of their own accord because of an inability to reflect, consciously identify and address.

I return to my musical instrument analogy. Even the world's greatest artists continue to maintain and practice their craft, acquired skills and abilities despite the success that they appear to have achieved through greatness. It is when you believe that you have reached the top that you have the greatest chance of falling a long way.

G

Grimaldo

Ok, if we talk about growth then I completely agree with you. But if we say: "constant practice to maintain" it's not always true. I don't have to practice to maintain most of my growth. I am not the man I was before, and I cannot go back to it no matter what I do, I don't fix in that box anymore. It's like saying that a normal guy has to practice to be normal. He doesn't has to do anything, neither me.

But yes, to be always better we must take action, so we have to practice constantly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.