• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Progress Thread SaaSify

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by LeoistheSun, Oct 18, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
Tags:
  1. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Haven't posted for a couple days:

Thursday update:

Decided to go back to the Veterinarian idea. I want to exhaust all options and given that the idea could work, I want to further it until I know for sure. I am working on a info-pack with pictures, copy and some other things. I was able to record the session where I found the idea so I will be using those phrases the veterinarian used to pre-sell the idea.

Granted the idea (that she- the Veterinarian came up with) only costs approx. $300-400 to build. So its really cheap. I'm not going to pay to have it built yet, but 1 or 2 pre-sells will get it built. I will still need to add some kind of Authentication to it though. Probably another $400-600, I am guessing.

Other than that... build the info-pack, and call 100 Vet clinics and see what happens. (The Vet clinics that have been chosen are filtered to be more likely to want the program/app.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    100k, inputchip and Kingmaker like this.
  2. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    I'd thought I would add this:

Purpose (WHY): To help those who are already helping others.

In the case of Veterinarians: I am helping those who are helping other who cannot speak for themselves (animals).

from @Andy Black at Clarity of Purpose

Kingmaker likes this.
  3. EasternCrane

EasternCrane Sit in the gap not the choice Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $71
    @maverick

I'm sure you're not watching this thread anymore. I liked your post and followed you because you proved an important point. Things you start should come from what you're already actively doing. This is a very important part of the process.

@eliquid

I mentioned you in this post because it seems like your awareness is increasing. I saw your most recent gold post. I would appreciate it if you would give your take about my thoughts on idea extraction and how you view them in the realm of being aware knowing yourself.

I personally think there are many paths to getting a profitable business consistently though:

1) be involved in something already
    2) take problem/steal problem from business already succeeding and be a "me too"
    3) "inception game" where you extract information from someone.
    4) lie to someone like you're a developer or xyz commercial interest person who is super valuable to xyz industry where someone will come to you and do a brain dump.
    5) pick a proven small business niche and just be better than everyone in various ways like customer service, product/actual service, marketing etc. Many small business owners suck when it comes to the internet because they were in business before the web.

There is a guy who built a $250k mobile app by going around and just saying he was a developer so I think there's room for idea extraction. He did it in person though. It's a gold or notable thread. You're also exceptionally right about solving your own problems though. Starting with yourself, option 1, is really important.

I also think most people get the idea extraction part wrong.

You shouldn't waste time just randomly calling. You should set context, which is why I called it inception. There is a lot to be learned from the movie Inception. There are levels to what makes people tick emotionally. I personally believe and could pull evidence from multiple random threads posted in the "recently commented" sections that show many people are emotionally unaware.

The Foundation has an entire process that's meant to raise your awareness and vibration. I personally think that part of the course sucks. Raising your vibration is not something you can just do in 1 month.

I spent 2.5 years in a concerted effort with a meditation coach doing various emotional and awareness exercises once a week nearly every week. I've logged over 1k hours in meditation, not counting everyday that I did meditation on my own as homework.

After a while, if I was talking with anyone who is relatively aware of themselves, seeking advice, or trying to converse in more than shallow conversation Americans are so known for, I could literally go deep enough in exploration of their their thoughts, patterns, and beliefs that they would cry. This has only happened over the phone for me (hearing them cry). Further, when texting with these people, men and women, they would ask me to call them. This can be orchestrated over email or done over phone. Doing this over phone requires inception. You have to be a mirror to them in a concerted aspect and peel back layers.

I wouldn't do it over the phone initially. I would do emails first.

I also think people focus too much on their self also. To do inception, you have to square focused on them as a person. You have to want to understand them. Knowing yourself first is the only way to know others though, which is why I think many people fail at the idea extraction.

It requires multiple skills most people don't have: you need to be able to cherry pick, sequence, package, imagine, pattern, randomize, listen, observe, digest, and incept. All of this requires quieting your mind. If you do this, you can become someone that they look to as an authority over the course of an hour.

Packaging and sequencing are some of the hardest parts for people to understand as evidenced by the way people argue on the forum. It's frequently said it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Even deeper, sequencing and patterning are not easy for someone who has never experienced success. It's hard to know when to fill space and when not to. It's something that requires intuition and emotional awareness. Even patterning is something most people don't understand. The same goes for randomizing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    100k likes this.
  4. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Hey @EasternCrane I find your post to be very hard to follow.

I am not just "randomly calling" anyone. And I also do not think its a waste of time either. I have found TONS, literally TONS of ideas.

Watching TV is wasting time. Calling people to find ideas is NOT wasting time. It's being productive. I was never a believer in doing "inner-game" as some call it (fixing your insides/thoughts/beliefs) first. I always advocate ACTION above all else. Otherwise its mental-masturbation.

I disagree with emailing too. Emailing is the quickest way to nothing. Its for those who are not serious and want to procrastinate. Its also not a pattern interrupt. Calling is. They have to answer you or reply. Emailing they do not.

SM Switi, 100k and Kingmaker like this.
  5. EasternCrane

EasternCrane Sit in the gap not the choice Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $71
    I'm not talking to you. I was talking to Maverick and eliquid.

It's logical that you wouldn't believe in "inner work" because you've never gave it a chance.

It's also not inner game as you call it. Anyone who thinks it's a game to know yourself is someone who doesn't know Jack squat. It's work. It's painful work sometimes. It's fun work sometimes. It's work though because it's the conversion of energy to power.

It's conversion of potential to action.

This is your thread so I'm not going to argue with you. It's clear that you don't know what pattern usage is though. It's a psychological influence technique and a reflection concept. It's not something to interrupt or stop.

Maybe ask me to explain the concepts next time instead of starting to be an antagonist.

I'M ON YOUR SIDE.

Will leave the thread for good though. Be well.

Unwatched.

100k likes this.
  6. eliquid

eliquid Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $24,638
    I can only speak for what worked for me:

1. Extreme domain knowledge
    2. I was my own customer
    3. The idea/solution fit into my personality type ( MBTI and Enneagram )
    4. The ideal/solution fit into my core values and mission statement
    5. Idea sprung forth from existing issues with "me too" products, but the solution was a blue ocean of it's own
    6. We dominated a very small core set of our demo, perfected, and grew out to others from there
    7. Me and my partner already had a small, but steady, following of people that regarded us as experts at some level in our field

Do you need all of those to make a great idea? No.

I do feel you need to hit multiple items on the list though, just not all.

Also, it needs to touch on CENTS as well.

7. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Apologies, I was in a snooty mood yesterday, and I took offense to your comments.

I do not understand the post you have written, but if you'd like to elaborate thats totally fine. I realize that I have probably pushed you away at this point though. :(

I believe no matter who you are (anyone), you have value in your own experiences and dreams and I should not discount them so readily when they go up against my own beliefs.

Above all else though, I believe action solves all problems.

Thanks.

100k, Kingmaker and daru like this.
  8. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Is this for all 7 of your SaaS?

9. eliquid

eliquid Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $24,638
    For almost all of them, yes

10. Elbert Dockery

Elbert Dockery Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $573
    Just chiming in again......definitely agreeing with you @LeoistheSun it’s hard finding a group of people that really needs help but that follows CENTS. Scale is one of the important things I’m thinking about and a lot of ideas seem like they won’t scale well. I also feel like I’m kinda wasting my time with emailing and calling people lol.....im getting feedback but damn....seems like I’m spinning my wheels....
    Still reading through @euclid thread on SAAS

Btw.....on weekends if I was you Leo, I would read up on SAAS and also look into building a blog. For marketing purposes and informing your target crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeoistheSun likes this.
  11. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Thats one way of looking at it. I believe that tons of groups of people need help, and I see it everyday! You can create something new or re-invent something. Lots of re-inventing done in the Digital Marketing space. I personally dont like to go where others have been.

I recently came across advice that was something like: If you build a second product, make it in the same market as the first. Its easier to sell something to people who have already bought.

I bring this up because you mention CENTS. Perhaps the first product created does not meet all the criteria of CENTS, but if you were to create another...

As entrepreneurs (not a wannabe) were called to help others. I think most people focus on the end-result ($$, Freedom, Etc.) and not the journey.

I started thinking this way, after what I have currently experienced through my process of bringing this app I am building to life. In this instance, the Veterinarian App idea (that I had previously mentioned before) can save up to 1hr or more of time doing medical charts for Vets- per day.

While this seem like alot of time savings in itself (approx 16+hrs a month or more), imagine that these hours were also spent being unpaid at the end of the day, preventing you from going home to your family (legally, this time-sinking activity has to be done [or you could get sued] but a lot of Vets can only get it done after-work).

Thats the kind of pain that has been shared with me.

The truth is... I HAVE A DUTY to bring this solution to market. If I don't build this solution and do my best to share it with the world... then nobody will, and nobody benefits either. Just imagine how much time I'd be saving Vets if it does work!! Hundreds and hundreds and even thousands of hours saved!

People have this belief that someone else will do what they're doing if they don't do it... thats not necessarily true.

If I were to back away, as I was about to do, I could have missed a tremendous opportunity to help others. Truth be told, I don't know if this solution will help any more people than just the 1 person it originated from... but alas... the solution is cheap to build and I will give it my best to see who else would love to use it.

I mentioned before that my Vision, my Goal was: "To help others who are making a difference."

By solidifying that as my goal, I think that has clarified a lot of things and my direction like @mjdmarco had mentioned. (It was a great post also posted by @Andy Black I think...)

Hope that helps.

also @Elbert Dockery I thought about doing a blog. All about marketing. Hope to do it soon. FB released some wicked Ad targeting tools that would benefit Vets. Just need some traction on the idea I think...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 2:49 AM
    Elbert Dockery and 100k like this.
  12. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    I thought a lot about what I said in my previous post and I think it can be summarized to this:

Your attention goes where your focus is.

Therefore, if I focus on myself (making money, my freedom, me, me, me) its easy to go wrong- to think its not working and dare I say... QUIT.

If instead I focus on fixing a problem and leave myself out of the equation, it becomes much easier to succeed. This is because when someone says "No thanks" for example... it no longer is because of you... but because of them... or at least your able to brush it off easily.

If I focus on getting something from someone, and they say no- you think "its something I said" "its something I did."

If I focus on helping someone instead and they say no- your likely to think "its their problem."

Same goes for approaching women (if you ever venture into this). If I go up to a lady (that I think is genuinely cute) and say "Excuse me! This is going to sound random, but I thought you were cute..." and she flips out, whos to blame? Me or her?

I think you know where I am going with this... :p

Kingmaker and 100k like this.
  13. 100k

100k Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,739
    Yep that's a good attitude and way at looking at it... or even better yet...

"They don't necessarily need my help... let me go and find someone else that does." Don't take it personally and just find someone else that needs and wants your help.

Kingmaker and LeoistheSun like this.
  14. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Absolutely! Not everyone will have the problem that I am looking to solve.

Note for today: My info-pack is finished and I will be doing 25 calls per day until 100 and then reviewing my progress & revising!!

100k and Kingmaker like this.
  15. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    A funny little observation:

• I've never been more broke in my life.
    • I've never had more purpose to benefit others than I do now.

Kingmaker likes this.
  16. SM Switi

SM Switi Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $475
    Can I ask you what process you have walked through for deciding your niche, or helped you with the decision? and If you have a list of niche criteria you would like to share ?

17. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    @SM Switi

Theirs multiple criteria you can attach. The real question is: "Whats your goal?"

If you want to make $5k/mo (which is definitely enough to get your feet wet with the process and move to another niche OR make another SaaS/product in the same niche) then all you need is 50 people paying you $100/mo. At 1% close ratio thats 5000 people.

Its a hard question to answer. But know this: not even 5000 businesses is a requirement. It could be 500 and they pay you $1000/mo. something to that effect.

Either go for SCALE (#) or MAGNITUDE ($).

Some possible requirements:

• 5k+ businesses
    • Able to charge $50+ a month
    • For profit businesses
    • Non seasonal
    • Lucrative
    • A PROBLEM to fix
    • The niche is growing
    these industry reports might help you: Market research, industry reports, and analysis | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

Some other requirements I'd like to add:
    • They are targetable on FB (by title)
    • Relatively close to a popular niche on IG (Free traffic)

Updates for today:

Decided to forget cold-calling. Instead I am trying "snail-mail" to reach my prospects. I have 50 letters to go out tomorrow/today. Will also be doing cold-email (though not my fav.) to split-test against the "snail-mail."

SM Switi likes this.
  18. SM Switi

SM Switi Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $475
    Thank you so much, am following your progress, I think I will be going through this same process, decide on a niche and contact 100 or more performance for finding common pain points for building my SAAS product
    Any explanation for this ?

19. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $678
    Who I am targeting is technically doctors who are super busy. They rarely have time to take phone calls. After doing 500 cold-calls, I reached maybe 3. So I need some kind of marketing that is able to reach them directly... on their own time.

Snail-mail (in theory) should be good. As well as FB-Ads, if I had their email... not sure what else.

Maybe leaving a voicemail? Not sure about that way though.

SM Switi likes this.