The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Saad Khan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
1657832063904.png
1657832093841.png
This is me being consistent on LinkedIn for 2 months. Applied the course teachings.

Got 3 inbound leads since 1st July. They were broke and not from the target country (Europe, NA, AUS, UK). I dropped them as I value my sanity more than money because the ones who're the cheapest complain the most.

Btw I'm looking for Amazon FBA leads that might not be on LinkedIn, who knows?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Haji Mastan

plutocrat-in-training
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
What do you expect from a Pakistani agency?
Nothing really. And it is a shame. Pakistan has some good talent, but due to the nature of the situation shit like this is all too common and is depressing to say the least.

keep increasing your skillset, and specialize. Gain exposure and keep grinding. You will be fine

Saad Khan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Update:

Got a qualified lead from LinkedIn. He's interested in launching an FBA business. I will be teaming up with the e-com guys (the ones who have personally launched two of their own FBA Private Label stores) to help me make this client's launch a success.

After a video session, he was also interested in FBA wholesale along with a Private Label launch on Amazon Australia. So I sent him a detailed report of all the costs, expenses, myth-busting, time, expectations, etc. He is now also interested in FBA wholesale.

Luckily, we got one wholesale account from a distributor and are close to securing 3 more wholesale accounts. The ecom guy has been hyper-focused on FBA wholesale, another one on his ongoing FBA Private Label launch, and me being hyper-focused on Amazon PPC.

There is one problem. The client hasn't voted with his money yet. Still, I'm optimistic and will manage his expectations realistically.

There's one thing I'm focused on right now. Getting good at what I do (Amazon PPC) and delivering exceptional value.

Also got another Pakistani lead. Spent days talking to him on the phone and discussing his project in meticulous detail. Now he's leaving me on read after I sent him the freelance contract :rofl:

Saad Khan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
This. I am also no expert in diplomacy in my personal life but in a professional setting, everything changes.

@Saad Khan When you're working in an agency you have to remember that you are a part of the agency. You're not just out for yourself. Furthermore, someone (the client) has trusted you with their money - one of the most vital components of our lives.

Now, people get lazy. Colleagues can be incompetent. And sometimes, even the CEO has it all wrong...

And that's EXACTLY when you should be opportunistic!

Why?

Because if you get the job done in spite of those things/people holding you back while also using diplomatic language to minimize the damage your dumb & lazy colleagues caused, you will now be seen as The Guy™.

Who's The Guy™?

The Guy™ is an expert who can compensate for his colleagues' lack of abilities by taking control (regardless if he's just a worker or the CEO, or whatever the F*ck).

For example, your colleagues forgot to set up the pixel (or it stopped working for some reason and they neglectfully did not notice). This has been an ongoing issue for a week, your client's revenue has dropped significantly and they're panicking.

So what can you do? Here's an example:

You can give your colleague a chance to redeem themselves by pointing out to them that tracking seems weird lately and asking whether they might know what's causing it. If they proceed by troubleshooting the error and fixing it, let them know that they should write an update and send it to the client so that they know you're staying on top of things (in control of the situation).

HOWEVER...

If they don't fix the problem - fix it yourself. Even if it's not your job. Use Google.

Boom, you just took control and got some The Guy™ points with your client!

But what if they fix the issue without updating the client?

Well, that basically means they only fixed HALF the problem. Because the biggest problem you have as an agency is retaining that client for as long as possible and they NEED to know that you're doing things. Useful things.

So, just write the update yourself. And even if you fixed the problem all by yourself, always acknowledge that you're a part of a team by saying "We fixed X and did Y, and now Z is back to bringing sales.".

Boom, you just took control and got some The Guy™ points with your client AND team!

A week later, you notice that one of your colleagues is exceedingly useless and even detrimental to the agency's relationship with a client.

What do you do? You kill FOUR birds with ONE stone!

But how?!

Well, you take control by helping your boss out with finding and interviewing a much better candidate for that colleague's position. Your client is now ecstatic about the results he's getting while your boss thinks you're a F*cking genius. Hell, you even gave an actual worthy individual a job which could very well change their life!

Boom, you just took control and got some The Guy™ points!

And hey, guess what - the CEO, your boss, noticed all of this. That same CEO who's been dreaming for YEARS about how someone competent takes over his business and just manages shit for him.

Boom, you're now The Guy™ and took over the agency.

Suddenly, you start getting offers for way more money and work than you even anticipated while also acquiring godlike confidence with all sorts of clients + the ability to lead others.

You now have your own agency.

Anyway..

Gimmicks aside, you have to know how to turn a bad situation into a good situation for everyone (or at the very least someone).

In services that usually means appeasing your client first. Then your boss. And finally, yourself.

But what you did did not appease anyone. Your client thought you were all idiots and left. Your boss was affected by the loss of a client and an attack on his ego. Your ex-colleagues are still incompetent. And you? You're left without a job.

ZERO value provided.

It's basically The Butterfly Effect. A small change can significantly influence a future outcome.

To quote the Lawrence of Arabia:

"Big things have small beginnings."

Good luck!
I read this again today, and I must say the copy had me dreaming of becoming a CEO after gaining a lot of The Guy points.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Curry_Cooker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jan 3, 2022
I still struggle with procrastination and action faking. I binge-watched the first season of peaky blinders. Loved it. Also felt guilty after finishing it.

Also discovered my personality type is ENTJ. Guess I'm a ruthless commander, eh?
That bit about the peaky blinders was too relatable. I had a moment 3ish weeks ago where I got fed up with cold calling so when my mom told me we were going to party I just bing-watched the first 1 and half seasons. Not going to lie it was actually quite good.
Anyways,something that helps with the action faking for me is to just say "f*ck it" and then tell myself it's much better than going no where. Best of luck with the amazon PPC!

Saad Khan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Update:

This is a big win for me.

The e-com guy trusted me with his seller account via third-party access to see the campaigns unravel in front of me. By now I have been managing two small accounts but this will be a big one with a daily spend of $300-$400. Tons of ideas for testing and optimizing.

I met him in person 1 week ago and he offered to hire me to manage PPC campaigns for his stores. Guess that's where I'm going to be getting my first stable income source and reinvesting the money into myself.

On a side note: I also made a Fiverr gig since I only have a presence on LinkedIn.

I want my personal Upwork account to unlock ASAP. It's going to be 6 more months before I'm legally 18 so I can do a lot of epic stuff.

I have done little to no cold calling but have enough credibility on LinkedIn that I have successfully generated 4 inbound leads - one of which is qualified. Going to focus on cold calling too since I've racked up two good case studies.

Excited!

Curry_Cooker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jan 3, 2022
Update:

This is a big win for me.

The e-com guy trusted me with his seller account via third-party access to see the campaigns unravel in front of me. By now I have been managing two small accounts but this will be a big one with a daily spend of $300-$400. Tons of ideas for testing and optimizing.

I met him in person 1 week ago and he offered to hire me to manage PPC campaigns for his stores. Guess that's where I'm going to be getting my first stable income source and reinvesting the money into myself.

On a side note: I also made a Fiverr gig since I only have a presence on LinkedIn.

I want my personal Upwork account to unlock ASAP. It's going to be 6 more months before I'm legally 18 so I can do a lot of epic stuff.

I have done little to no cold calling but have enough credibility on LinkedIn that I have successfully generated 4 inbound leads - one of which is qualified. Going to focus on cold calling too since I've racked up two good case studies.

Excited!
Good work! Are you getting a % on ROAS?

Saad Khan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Good work! Are you getting a % on ROAS?
He's a bit uncertain how the campaigns would perform so I made him an offer that I'll charge him 10% of his ROAS when we hit 25% ACoS (pays 1/4th of the sale price to get an order)

It's all about gaining trust, especially as a PPC manager.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore