The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

- redacted -

Assertion

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Every. Every single one of you right now would much rather tell people that they are weak and they won't succeed than to see them grow.

I repeat, in italics - Every single one of you right now would much rather tell people that they are weak and they won't succeed than to see them grow.

I'm referring to people who tell young men in their introductions that they are worthless and noone.

I am referring to those who when said that when someone needs money they should "go and get a job" instead of, at least link them "From Flat Broke To Filthy Rich".

I am referring to every single one who tells a man that their dreams are unattainable, and rather suggests a mediocre, comfortable, SCRIPT solution instead giving the ambitious, hard, next to unattainable goal, that if they master they will prevail in life.

You all are dispensing advice that is no better than the SCRIPT. You are SCRIPT, in fact.

F*ck you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Note: written after some contemplations on reading The Great Race Escape.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Sure, there's a lot of tough love here at times. Sometimes it's unwarranted and over the top, and if you pay attention you'll generally see that the community doesn't support that. Most of it it comes from a good place. But I don't remember ever seeing it on an introduction here. No one is here trying to shut down dreams.

For almost everyone, it's often necessary to wade through the marsh (the script) in order to get to the dry land and then eventually climb the mountain to being unscripted . That's why you hear advice like get a job. It's a necessary evil because you can't start climbing the mountain until you're on dry land, and a lot of people are trying to shortcut that step.

You can coexist in parallel with the script, you can exist within the script, and you can even eat, breathe, and sh*t the script. All that matters is that your mindset remains unscripted , which will give you enough cognitive dissonance that you start moving in the right direction.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Note: written after some contemplations on reading The Great Race Escape. Specifically after “That’s what Warren Buffett says, and he’s a billionaire.”
“I don’t think Warren Buffett is a billionaire because he saved five bucks on coffee and diddled with a job he hated for forty years.”

The worst thing is that I myself have given such advice for a man - outside of the forum - he asked me to help with the relocation and I said that "it will be only worse for you".

F*ck me too. And F*ck everyone who gives such advice, too.

Quit being a whiny bitch.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
Every. Every single one of you right now would much rather tell people that they are weak and they won't succeed than to see them grow.

I repeat, in italics - Every single one of you right now would much rather tell people that they are weak and they won't succeed than to see them grow.
You are the one who believes this and are projecting your beliefs on strangers you don't know.

I think you joined this forum hoping to find the secret formula for success only to realize there isn't one.

What advice did you expect? If you have no money and no skills your only marketable resource is time, a job is the best way to spend it on until you are ready for the next phase.

My store took €30k to start, I only had half and asked friends to help with the rest. If you've got zero dollars and nobody to help you, what do YOU think you should do? Spend your day on here looking for the secret sauce? Talk about crypto dropshipping BS with teenagers? Or actually be productive with your time so you can get in a position to start down the line?

You succeeding or failing matters nothing to me because I don't know you.
Best of luck.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I'm referring to people who tell young men in their introductions that they are worthless and noone.

I am referring to those who when said that when someone needs money they should "go and get a job" instead of, at least link them "From Flat Broke To Filthy Rich".

I am referring to every single one who tells a man that their dreams are unattainable, and rather suggests a mediocre, comfortable, SCRIPT solution instead giving the ambitious, hard, next to unattainable goal, that if they master they will prevail in life.

You all are dispensing advice that is no better than the SCRIPT. You are SCRIPT, in fact.

F*ck you.
There is a difference between working in a job to get cash flow and experience versus working in a job and relying on that as the main source of wealth to retire after age 65.

Job is the fastest way to ensure cashflow certainty to pay bills and fund your business for advertising and building prototypes.

Jobs are allies, not enemies.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

F*ck you.
Bro what the hell is going on?

Is it gonna be a full moon or something?

Why are they’re so many people being babies right now.

First it was thechosen1 with his tantrum, now this?

Is this an uprising clammed the “forum babies?”

I repeat that in italics “forum babies”

(Pun intended)

I don’t know what happened to you, but I think you need to take a step back.

Realize we don’t need to do anything for you.

Learn to learn yourself, and don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Assuming you actually mean every single one of us, which is a ridiculous notion...
It is no ones job to hold your hand and cheer you on. If people are saying the "dream" is unattainable, maybe that is because we have seen people claim the same BS "watch as I make one billion dollars by the age of 25 by building the next FB" only to follow up with "how do I learn to code" and "how do I get someone to build my billion dollar company for me." From my experience, if you have a good idea and we see you executing on your plan, most people are helpful. If you are just BSing the forum, we are going to call you out because you need to understand that you are also BSing yourself.

If you want someone to coddle you with your poorly thought out business ideas, talk to your family. Maybe they will encourage, but don't expect the forum to do the same.
Speak for yourself. The countless GOLD and Notable threads would say otherwise.

Interesting that you can read the intentions of every member of the forum when they reply. It can be argued that giving someone false hope and not being critical of people when it is warranted can actually hurt the person, because they are lured into false hope. You need critics to see your flaws when you are blind to them.

My suggestion to you. If you want people on the forum to provide certain threads to new members, do it yourself. Everyone else will provide the information that they think is needed.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
am referring to every single one who tells a man that their dreams are unattainable, and rather suggests a mediocre, comfortable, SCRIPT solution instead giving the ambitious, hard, next to unattainable goal, that if they master they will prevail in life.

F*ck you.
An interesting idea: maybe a business isn’t the hardest thing you can do. I know that for me, for example, getting a job would be much harder now than running a business, emotionally speaking. I’m used to one, but the other is an unknown. I’m not even sure I could do it.

The point is that regardless of what others say, it’s still up to you to determine what the best move for you is, and what move you want to take next.

For some this could be a job, as much as I personally hate it. For others it could be something else. Wasting your energy negatively focused on what X or Y thinks you should do is pointless.

They either have a point or they don’t. Figure it out and move ahead!

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Nobody here will tell you the REAL secret to getting wealthy. They are all holding back that knowledge for themselves. I can provide you the answer you are looking for! For the small cost of 947$... :D

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Nobody here will tell you the REAL secret to getting wealthy. They are all holding back that knowledge for themselves. I can provide you the answer you are looking for! For the small cost of 947$... :D
I’ll do you one better.. 946.99.. you can finance it for 12 months at 79 bucks a month.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I kid you not. I just got my first credit card at the big age of 25. I never even knew you could finance these courses.

We don't use credit cards the same way many in the US do here in Ireland. I was just watching a few Dave Ramsey/Caleb Hammer videos and was like wtf, how do these people get so much access to credit!

I had been building up my entire business by saving up cash to do things and self financing. Worked out really well but now I have access to so much more ammunition and what I hope is a good mindset towards these tools.

Crazy!

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
What the F*ck is happening to me. I am getting worse and worse by day. ...

Sorry for whatever I've posted. Can't delete it now, it seems....

I don't need life advice, I need to go through some sort of a Hell Week in SEALs to put me back into place.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need to go through some sort of a Hell Week in SEALs to put me back into place.
Or go work in a soup kitchen for a while? Or teach underprivileged kids maths or reading or something?

I suspect that would help your mindset better than focusing on improving yourself?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MRiabov - congrats you are now moderated from making new posts.

What is so hard to understand?

If you delete your posts and people took time to respond, YOU'VE WASTED THEIR TIME.

The adults here are tired of having their time wasted.

New policy incoming...

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
@MRiabov - congrats you are now moderated from making new posts.

What is so hard to understand?

If you delete your posts and people took time to respond, YOU'VE WASTED THEIR TIME.

The adults here are tired of having their time wasted.
YEAHH BABY! IM OFFICIALLY CONSIDERED AN ADULT!!

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
It never ceases to amaze me, all this knowledge on this forum. Golden & notable threads too many to read all of them....
Entrepreneurs who have effectively done it themselves who want to give advice to those who ask for it.
Across 101 different threads.
Often really practical advice.
Several of which I have already implemented in my business

And then you have a whole section of (often very young ) people. That think they can say anything without a filter.
Because they don't get to hear what they want to hear ?
Because they are not millionaires within a month ?

We should not idolize people here or throw flowers at them but once in a while a little humility and gratitude is in order.
Please think before you post something and try to add something meaningful.

Thank you to everyone who comes here on a daily basis to bring value there are many people (like me) who learn a lot from here.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
The winners will win and prevail while the rest will lose. But that does not mean that anyone can succeed. Going to go get a job is not actually bad advice if anything you might find a problem you can solve and create something out of it.

Two neighbors left my apartment complex:

1. One couldn't afford rent, probably was lazy to resolve the issue.
2. Their literally just gave up on life and move back to his home town.

You do what you have to do no matter whether you like it or not! I got laid off a month ago, was it fun? Absolutely freakin not. Did I whine and complain about how I was treated? Truly of course I did! But did I just sit on my butt and not do anything? Absolutely not. I went straight into action. Applied for jobs, called companies, went to interviews, filed for unemployment, and was thinking about taking on a restaurant job to get tips. Almost worked for Amazon making $16.63 an hour. In the end, we can either make excuses or find a solution to the problem that is in front of us.

Anyways, no matter what anyone says. We all want to go Fastlane, to achieve that exit, and to finally win and get out of the rat race. But here's what most don't understand. It's a very long journey that could take 6 years to 10 years. The question we have to ask is, do we have what it takes to work and wait that long before we even get to the dream we want? How bad do you want it?

The video you are referencing is what's called MJ's version of Ladder of Wealth. There's another good one from Nathan Barry.

There is no equality, if you think their's equality. I hate to say it buddy, but there will always be somebody better than you. Somebody who's willing to change and make decisions for the better not only for themselves but for their families as well. You can become great and succeed, but we have to choose it.

We all have a choice, either we can just sit in sorrow for how disappointed we are in life or we can actually do something to fix it.

So choose, what will you do from now on forward.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
New policy incoming...
MJ, It's sad that we need policies for this kind of shit. It should've just been labelled #landfill and purged IMO.

Just goes to show that some people are able to help themselves and appreciate the guidance they are given along the way. Others are too arrogant to see the value they've been getting and want everything spoon fed to them off a silver platter.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
New policy incoming...
An idea I just thought of is a “purge” vote, where if people think a thread is bad, they can click a vote purge button, and if a certain amount of people click it,

The thread then is “purged” where it is still open for others to see posts, but can’t add messages,

then the and the OP gets a “purged threads” beside their reactions and comments.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

I don't need life advice, I need to go through some sort of a Hell Week in SEALs to put me back into place.

For what it's worth...

Everyone has a bad day.

A bad week. Or month. Or year.

I get the impression you don't need tough love right now.

Look, who hasn't said something cringe? Done something cringe?

You are no better than the rest of us. Which is why you got the reaction to your first post.

However, you aren't any worse than the rest of us either. So don't spend too much time focused on the self hate.

Dust yourself off and prepare to move forward. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is a new opportunity to once again begin to change the direction of your life.

And if it helps, I also wrote this to share for times like these...

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Bro its good.

I legit was contemplating posting something like this..

Like what Bizydad said, we’ve all posted cringe stuff here.

If there was ever an award for most cringe posts I’d be number one by a long shot!

Its crazy bro, I always get the most deepest darkest thoughts when im sitting on my couch.

Bizydad told me it’s sometimes best to keep quiet.

I feel that’s good advice for you.

I have wanted to post 200+ things on this forum but I thought and I didnt..

Stuff spanning from my product to my personal life.

Look at my first 100+ posts, I bet you they’re the cringe inducing things ever.

Im still learning to keep quiet but ay man.

Its good, you just got some experience of what the real world and business might be like.

You think you said/created something so cool, but then you get beaten by a pulp.

That’s the way life goes,

You do something

Fail

Get beaten up or beat yourself up over it

And then come back stronger..

Listen, we both see crazy threads about sort of intelligent stuff, so we try to make our own threads about it.

But we haven’t learnt that stuff yet.

Look at the 10 threads I’ve created that are in weird stuff.

Its all good bro, you took the first step and even posted something you knew might get some hate.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Thank you. Well, i deserved it. I do take advice from you people...

Should've probably been banned anyway.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.