The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reality hits you like a bitch-- Entrepreneurship isn't some goddamn fairy tale

Zarathustra

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Hi guys, been looking for an entrepreneur forum and through the magical power of SEO and Google found this one.

About me: been struggling to win at entrepreneurship for a while now, my work ethic is total shit, life seems like shit, I'm a bit depressed but nonetheless I want to provide value to the world and get out of this nightmarish hellhole my life is in right now.

The older and less well off I've gotten, the more jaded/realistic I've become in recognizing two key truths:
1. Everyone basically wants to be happy and achieve the good life, but not everyone gets there. Truth is, the vast majority of people are living in total shit. For every internet entrepreneur sitting on a beach in Thailand tanning their six pack and sipping a martini next to a gorgeous babe, there's 5000 minimum wage employees around the world getting their face ground in by brutal economic realities like "where's my next meal coming from?" "Will I have enough money to pay this bill?" "Am I safe?" etc. Why do I bring this up? Because it refreshes you back to the reality of my next point...
2. You’re going to have to go through extreme pain/discomfort no matter what. Imagine the pain and discomfort of a German soldier fighting in the winter at Stalingrad or a gulag prisoner stuck in a Siberian death camp. That’s the amount of pain you should be ready to handle in a lifetime. I view life as something where everyone has around the same amount of pain to manage and unlimited pleasure/happiness that can be achieved. You either pay it upfront now by watching 95% of all your business decisions painfully blow up in your face until you learn the 5% of what works so you can live a great life with no limits OR you pay the price PLUS interest on your deathbed after living a life of unhappy mediocrity as you F*cking painfully squirm and agonize “I should of done XYZ but now have no time."

Anyways, see y'all around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Hi guys, been looking for an entrepreneur forum and through the magical power of SEO and Google found this one.

About me: been struggling to win at entrepreneurship for a while now, my work ethic is total shit, life seems like shit, I'm a bit depressed but nonetheless I want to provide value to the world and get out of this nightmarish hellhole my life is in right now.

The older and less well off I've gotten, the more jaded/realistic I've become in recognizing two key truths:
1. Everyone basically wants to be happy and achieve the good life, but not everyone gets there. Truth is, the vast majority of people are living in total shit. For every internet entrepreneur sitting on a beach in Thailand tanning their six pack and sipping a martini next to a gorgeous babe, there's 5000 minimum wage employees around the world getting their face ground in by brutal economic realities like "where's my next meal coming from?" "Will I have enough money to pay this bill?" "Am I safe?" etc. Why do I bring this up? Because it refreshes you back to the reality of my next point...
2. You’re going to have to go through extreme pain/discomfort no matter what. Imagine the pain and discomfort of a German soldier fighting in the winter at Stalingrad or a gulag prisoner stuck in a Siberian death camp. That’s the amount of pain you should be ready to handle in a lifetime. I view life as something where everyone has around the same amount of pain to manage and unlimited pleasure/happiness that can be achieved. You either pay it upfront now by watching 95% of all your business decisions painfully blow up in your face until you learn the 5% of what works so you can live a great life with no limits OR you pay the price PLUS interest on your deathbed after living a life of unhappy mediocrity as you F*cking painfully squirm and agonize “I should of done XYZ but now have no time."

Hey, I understand the dissonance you're experiencing. While I earn a good living working in business, it's still like being the hamster on the spinwheel; we get enough to sustain ourselves at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy. At the top of the hierarchy is self-actualization, which is a privilege reserved for those who align their actions with their visions. You seem to be very focused on the existential perspective; I'm here and they're there and it blows. I get that it can help coping to rant. But ranting is counter-productive for you. Focus on building the opportunity identification muscle, and be patient with yourself. Many of us on here are rowin the same boat.

- Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zarathustra

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Hey, I understand the dissonance you're experiencing. While I earn a good living working in business, it's still like being the hamster on the spinwheel; we get enough to sustain ourselves at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy. At the top of the hierarchy is self-actualization, which is a privilege reserved for those who align their actions with their visions. You seem to be very focused on the existential perspective; I'm here and they're there and it blows. I get that it can help coping to rant. But ranting is counter-productive for you. Focus on building the opportunity identification muscle, and be patient with yourself. Many of us on here are rowin the same boat.

- Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mindset is a powerful thing.

Opportunity over obstacles...

I like this forum already. This is good advice, thank you guys.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Start today... not tomorrow, not after this, not after that...

full

Welcome to the forum.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
feel this quite alot in my life, do have things on the go but failure lurks in my mind...

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks for the honesty. This is a great place to be to help you get through the desert of desertion we will all feel before we reach our potential.

Good luck to you and welcome. You've come to the right place.

Bytesunfish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Jun 6, 2016
Fresno CA
Welcome to the forum. Your outlook might hamper you a bit in your goals, but most of us have been there at some point or another. I'm glad you found your way here and are looking to make some changes. Time is the enemy, but opportunity is everywhere! I hope you find your niche and start seeing some light (and profits!).

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Everyone basically wants to be happy and achieve the good life, but not everyone gets there. Truth is, the vast majority of people are living in total shit. For every internet entrepreneur sitting on a beach in Thailand tanning their six pack and sipping a martini next to a gorgeous babe, there's 5000 minimum wage employees around the world getting their face ground in by brutal economic realities like "where's my next meal coming from?" "Will I have enough money to pay this bill?" "Am I safe?" etc. Why do I bring this up? Because it refreshes you back to the reality of my next point...

Yes, but that's because most people are idiots and mindless zombies, not because it is so super hard.
Prove me wrong. Turn on the TV. If the majority doesn't consist of idiots, then how come we still have well-functioning TV and other mainstream media, gossip websites, extremely stupid radio stations? This sewer would cease to exist in no-time if people were smarter. Not to mention the overall level of popular "music" (muzak) and ear-hurting manipulation going on every day.

I'm of course reffering mainly to the First/Second world, because African kids born in the middle of nowhere with no internet, no running water, no food and frequent wars in the neigborhood have it "a little bit" harder, but you know what I mean.
You already kind of won the lottery of life by coming into this world in the US, a country that has never been destroyed by any war, apart from a few internal conflicts long time ago and never witnessed any outside aggression.

Damn, you don't even have to learn English. I had to from the scratch, my language is not even remotely similiar.

You can either think that a goal is super-hard/nearly impossible to achieve or that it's easy.
Which one of these two do you think will get you there?

Welcome to the forum man!

Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
1. Everyone basically wants to be happy and achieve the good life, but not everyone gets there.

Actually, I think this is incorrect.

Watch what people DO, not what they say. Their actions tell you what they actually want. Likewise, your actions and my actions, show what we actually want.

If I want to be healthy but eat a lot of donuts, I don't actually want to be healthy.

If I want quality time with my kids, but then spend that time on my phone, I don't actually want quality time with my kids.

If I want to be free and own my time, but spend all my free time watching TV instead of building a business, I don't actually want to be free.

If I want to save money and not live paycheck to paycheck, but I buy a car I can't afford, then I don't actually want to save money.

If I want a good marriage, but then treat my spouse like shit, I don't actually want a good marriage.

Of course, there's exceptions on both sides. People with chronic illness and medical problems/bills destroy their ability to get ahead, people born under oppressive cultures or governments, born into wealth "trust fund babies", etc...

But, as an American, for most people you interact with on a daily basis it comes down to choices that show what they REALLY value.

EVERYONE is just a collection of choices that got them to where they are right now, including the one's wondering where their next meal is coming from and the dude in Thailand sipping drinks with babes. (with exceptions, as I stated above)

My .02 cents

Zarathustra

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Aug 29, 2017
United States

Watch what people DO, not what they say. Their actions tell you what they actually want. Likewise, your actions and my actions, show what we actually want.

If I want to be healthy but eat a lot of donuts, I don't actually want to be healthy.

If I want quality time with my kids, but then spend that time on my phone, I don't actually want quality time with my kids.

If I want to be free and own my time, but spend all my free time watching TV instead of building a business, I don't actually want to be free.

If I want to save money and not live paycheck to paycheck, but I buy a car I can't afford, then I don't actually want to save money.

If I want a good marriage, but then treat my spouse like shit, I don't actually want a good marriage.

Of course, there's exceptions on both sides. People with chronic illness and medical problems/bills destroy their ability to get ahead, people born under oppressive cultures or governments, born into wealth "trust fund babies", etc...

But, as an American, for most people you interact with on a daily basis it comes down to choices that show what they REALLY value.

EVERYONE is just a collection of choices that got them to where they are right now, including the one's wondering where their next meal is coming from and the dude in Thailand sipping drinks with babes. (with exceptions, as I stated above)

My .02 cents

I see this pattern in very rich and well off people of extreme self-ownership as you convey here. If I'm serious about providing value for the world and for myself then I think it's best I learn to adopt it and cut out victim-thinking.

I'm honestly starting to think that this crazed, emphatic 100% of everything is in my control mentality (whether it be true or not) is a requirement and major pre-requisite for high-level success in any field. I can't think of a single billionaire or successful person who doesn't have this mentality.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012

My .02 cents

This.

Your life is the consequence of all the choices you've made. Take ownership of your life by always making deliberate choices. If not, and you let life unfold itself, you're in no position to complain at any future point in time.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I see this pattern in very rich and well off people of extreme self-ownership as you convey here. If I'm serious about providing value for the world and for myself then I think it's best I learn to adopt it and cut out victim-thinking.

I'm honestly starting to think that this crazed, emphatic 100% of everything is in my control mentality (whether it be true or not) is a requirement and major pre-requisite for high-level success in any field. I can't think of a single billionaire or successful person who doesn't have this mentality.

I didn't read victim mentality in your words. The experience of depression, perhaps, but not a victim's words. We all have our hardships. We all have choices. You don't seem to approach the world as though it holds you back. It's more like you know what has to happen, or at least, what you face, but maybe you haven't decided what that means for you just yet.

I know that place where your writing comes from. The crack between worlds. The void. Often a destructive place. But it's also where some of the greatest works of art are created. There's a tightrope. It's a balancing act. If you walk the line, and embrace some of what's at the heart of what you're feeling, you may find what you need to step off of the carousel.

I don't know anything about you, what you're doing, where you're going, or what you want in life. But I know that place, and I know extraordinary things can come from it if you channel it into something. What do you want to create in your lifetime? You've seen the patterns. You know the mindset. You started your journey and now you're stuck. You acknowledge where you are. What will you do next?

This post isn't for guidance. I rarely have solutions. But maybe it can serve as a mirror. Reflect on yourself and know that you are where you are, and you have a choice to stay there or move somewhere different. Do you really want to be a billionaire? Or would just enough suffice? The only right way is the way that works for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...