The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thinking of a possible interesting forum challenge...

1. Each participant can spend up to, say, $500-1000 on their new business (it has to be a small amount most people can easily obtain). They can use it in whatever way they want (including buying a tiny business, an expired domain, content, tool, or whatever) as long as they document the expenditure.

2. Each participant has 3-6 months to grow the project as fast as possible and needs to document the journey publicly in a progress thread.

3. The participant with the best results/most votes for the helpful progress thread wins eternal respect on the forum, helps newbies show how to start from zero, and has a potential new income stream. A win for everyone.

We could call it the Fastlane Games or something like that lol.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

1. Each participant can spend up to, say, $500-1000 on their new business (it has to be a small amount most people can easily obtain). They can use it in whatever way they want (including buying a tiny business, an expired domain, content, tool, or whatever) as long as they document the expenditure.

2. Each participant has 3-6 months to grow the project as fast as possible and needs to document the journey publicly in a progress thread.

3. The participant with the best results/most votes for the helpful progress thread wins eternal respect on the forum, helps newbies show how to start from zero, and has a potential new income stream. A win for everyone.

Can I just throw $500 at some latest and craziest meme coin in crypto, sit back and watch it? Boom or bust, it'll be something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Can I just throw $500 at some latest and craziest meme coin in crypto, sit back and watch it? Boom or bust, it'll be something.

I think it would send a bad message that you can get rich not being productive and not contributing anything.

Then again, not sure if the current generation can be saved from this belief.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Would be interesting… i guess the winner would be someone who uses the $1K to build a sales system for a service, takes payments upfront, and manages to cash flow with very little overhead. Margins can be high in services, allowing easy reinvestment to spin the wheel faster and faster

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I think it would send a bad message that you can get rich not being productive and not contributing anything.

Since I started participating on this forum, I observed that to be the case. Majority of questions follow the same pattern. New young soul, looking for an internet business that requires no capital, staff or work and will make them retire in 2 years with f-u money. They’ll drive a Lambo, because that’s what MJ did.

That’s why patterns repeat:
- buy crypto doge coin
- start YT teaching how to invest (ha-ha)
- become a “consultant”
- looking for a new product to sell on amazon etc.

What you are describing is taking $1000 and then going to work. It’s likely some bootstrapped business that solves very niche local problems. For example: buy pressure washing equipment and help clean a few driveways, roofs etc. Just m $0.02.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Fastlane games is a neat idea.

Though I agree it may be tricky to deliver the process of each case in a way that would be beneficial to readers who may not have as much experience and/or knowledge.

Also, there may have to be certain methods which wouldn't count; such as gambling.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

We forget too often that buying stocks is simply granting capital for an entrepreneur to grow a good business. Even buying crypto is about fueling a financial system that is not within the dangers of banks' centralisation (although the recent crypto ETF and Elon whales have me questioning that sometimes).

So trading stocks/crypto can do some good.

I can't blame this generation too much though.
When you have r/antiwork flying to the top of Reddit charts, the 'lying down' movement in China, and even the US struggling to fill in workers regardless of wage hikes...folks are sick enough of the usual work paradigm to do something 'less' to get cash.

We won't need a huge market crash to cull the herd though. Just a simple cyclical correction should shake them out -- leaving the more disciplined folks.

D

Deleted70138

How about we create one single idea and everybody has to execute on it?

We can create a poll for business ideas and the most popular one has to be executed.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How about we create one single idea and everybody has to execute on it?

We can create a poll for business ideas and the most popular one has to be executed.

Cool idea though I think it would have to be an online business idea so that everyone could participate.

You wouldn't be able to start certain kinds of offline businesses anywhere because of different climate, law, etc.

Any suggestions what business idea could it be? I assume some kind of a service probably as content or product would take too much time to develop.

D

Deleted70138

@MTF If it's going to be online and something that anybody could do, than copywriting and social media management comes to my mind. Maybe some other simple web services too.

Everybody could choose the specific niche that they have relative experience and execute on it.

For example, I would choose travel industry and offer social media management, online maps, copywriting for tour itineraries, stock photos, etc.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@Lex DeVille...I dunno if Upwork clients are screening through proposals like this :clench:

Funny timing. So far, this accurately reflects my experience from the Indeed experiment I'm running. This offers some additional fuel for the approach. Thanks for tagging me. :)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@MTF If it's going to be online and something that anybody could do, than copywriting and social media management comes to my mind. Maybe some other simple web services too.

Everybody could choose the specific niche that they have relative experience and execute on it.

For example, I would choose travel industry and offer social media management, online maps, copywriting for tour itineraries, stock photos, etc.
I think it would be cool for everyone to do the same thing to compare apples to apples, but it would also suck because some people own this niche and other people are great at other niches.

For instance, I have a lot more experience in operations and projects than I do making social media content.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe we have some 30 day challenge and people state what they're going to do and we update the thread for the month? That way people can choose what their challenge is - be it fitness, diet, business, sales, etc?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You need to be a combination of producer (product sourcing or person who does the service) , marketer, and bookkeeper to accomplish anything beyond 5k a month. To get past 10k a month you lean in to your specialty and outsource the other two.

Prove me wrong.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You need to be a combination of producer (product sourcing or person who does the service) , marketer, and bookkeeper to accomplish anything beyond 5k a month. To get past 10k a month you lean in to your specialty and outsource the other two.

Prove me wrong.
I’m still the producer and marketer. I did outsource bookkeeping many years ago because I hate it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Prove me wrong.
Profit or revenue?

It depends a lot on industry. Some industries can have solopreneurs... But others, you'd be silly to do those tasks yourself (employees needed asap)

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
dEKLj6W.png
Anyone know how to get your picture to show up in email marketing for Gmail like Mel & Danielle here rather than a letter?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Keep a journal.

A friend of mine recently told me that one of the biggest regrets of older men is that they didn't keep a journal so that they can retrace the steps of their lives.

I'm inconsistent about journaling myself, but I've been very consistent about taking progress pictures at the gym, and there are few things that I consider as rewarding as looking at my year over year fitness progress.

It's hard to see the progress on anything day by day, but when you compare years the differences are stark.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I think it would be cool for everyone to do the same thing to compare apples to apples, but it would also suck because some people own this niche and other people are great at other niches.

For instance, I have a lot more experience in operations and projects than I do making social media content.

Any idea what kind of a business would be equally accessible to most people?

I don't think such a thing exists as each person has different strengths. It would have to be something that few people do so that everyone would be a newbie in it.

Maybe we have some 30 day challenge and people state what they're going to do and we update the thread for the month? That way people can choose what their challenge is - be it fitness, diet, business, sales, etc?

I think there's this accountability tracker thread so this would repeat this idea. Unless we made it a super specific 30-day challenge with strict requirements.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I don't think such a thing exists as each person has different strengths. It would have to be something that few people do so that everyone would be a newbie in it.
I don't think it's feasible. Everyone should do whatever they come up with because trying to make everything equal from the beginning will be impossible.

The only limit I'd suggest would be how much you can spend or invest to get started, because otherwise it will be hard to tell who won (this guy grew from $500 to $10,000 while this guy went from $50,000 to $100,000, etc)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I don't think it's feasible. Everyone should do whatever they come up with because trying to make everything equal from the beginning will be impossible.

The only limit I'd suggest would be how much you can spend or invest to get started, because otherwise it will be hard to tell who won (this guy grew from $500 to $10,000 while this guy went from $50,000 to $100,000, etc)

Yep, I agree. This, plus the fact that business is NOT equal.

As we talk about it, I'm starting to like the idea of organizing this challenge more and more ha.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Yet, they have no issues telling those who do pay to pay their "fair share" (I f***ing hate this phrase).

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yet, they have no issues telling those who do pay to pay their "fair share" (I f***ing hate this phrase).
Crazy. We've all been saying this since 2012 (Mitt Romney pointed it out back then and was met with boos - but he gets that from both sides anyway)

Truth is, the "rich" already pay FAR MORE than a "fair share." And high income =/= wealthy, it means top rat in the rat race, in many cases.

Sad, sad, sad.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Long-term thinking improves short-term decision making.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QH5hBOoz08

Super happy to see that coming soon. I was following Nims' progress on his 14 peaks challenge and enjoyed a lot reading his awesome book Beyond Possible. I have a feeling this documentary might become as big as Free Solo.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

@Andy Black already laid out step-by-step how to create paid email lists. Don't even need money to do it. Don't need an audience to start with either.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.