The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2xmRseiDw

It's time stamped in the video... holy crap this thing is big lol

@Kak in the market for a new home?

Absolutely insane to think you can build a 500 million dollar home, and still need to beg to the city for approval for building permits... for the ones that didn't watch, he wanted to get a helicopter pad in but it was declined.. geez

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
1618283336503.png

why would anyone want to take advice from people who have failed?
No wonder they will go back to their misrable job.

this is linkdin poll

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View attachment 37553

this is linkdin poll

People with failures have alot of lessons to share, but maybe it depends on the subject to..

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Just a rather negative rant, since I can hardly talk about this to anyone outside TFLF...

Seriously, F*ck driving.

F*ck those (coaches, friends and sadly, parents) who 'kindly' offer to help you practice driving, and then start backseat-driving, screaming and giving real shitty driving tips like:

SHITTY TIP 1: "Just drive more! You keep being scared, you won't progress."
Half-truth. Sure, I can get used to F*cked-up Asian traffic with more driving, but if I keep driving using stupid F*cked-up practices handed down by coaches who are only into it for the salary...what good will that do?

That is like asking me to practice sales copy by 'doing it more'...instead of showing main principles on how to improve my research, the right leads to use for different audience sophistication, how to write with a humanly-weak brain.

If I practice doing shitty copy or driving, guess what? I'll keep doing shitty copy and driving!!!

And if I ain't scared, your asses won't be coming home after I smash the car into a truck because I'm not afraid of danger. Do you know how many young people end up in coffins after they just DGAF to fear and road risks?

So what kind of driving teaching am I expecting?

Examples:

SHITTY TIP 2: "You can never go wrong if you keep checking the mirror"
Yup, I can stare all day at the mirrors until I go dumb...no, WHAT THE F*ck DO YOU DO WHEN YOU SEE THE MIRROR? WHAT DOES IT TELL YOU? HOW DO YOU LOOK AT IT?

Even the driving school coaches just crammed shit up my a$$ during the sessions...they NEVER discussed common situations or stuff like that. How on earth am I going to learn from experience if I don't have a baseline to branch out from?!

Better advice:
(check out Conduite Facile's YouTube channel. Great place to re-learn driving and parking)
When checking the mirror, if you can still see the WHOLE of the vehicle on the other lane, you still have good vehicle distance if you want to cut lanes.

If you only see partial part of the vehicle behind, he's too close.

For parking (if there are other lanes around with incoming cars), it can be helpful to use surrounding cars or lines as markers, and physically turn your head to see the windows.

SHITTY TIP 3: "Drive faster if there's no one around/when the chance presents itself!"
Yeah maybe, if lane cutting or overtaking a slow vehicle is in order...

But other than that, there's no need.

Why?

-Most cars are power vehicles. Press too much of the oil and even good drivers lose control.
(and that's how kids end up 9-feet underground)

-Most drivers are idiots.
I've heard MORE fatal accidents resulting from fast drivers than slow drivers.
Of course you can't be slow in making decisions, but if your speed is slow enough to halt or turn quickly to save yourself from the F*ckers, why not stay at a lower speed?

But if you (especially my parents) want me to drive faster because I eventually have bosses to rush for in deadlines, then probably I should rethink why do I have to rush so recklessly. And why my life's plans are that f*cked up...

Better advice:
Does your car run on a turbo engine? Or diesel (diesel cars tend to take more time to build up speed or fully brake)? If turbo, then you might want to go easy on the speed. But if diesel, you can afford to push the pedals with more effort.

Also, what is the environment? If everywhere on the road is a clusterfuck, with cars only centimetres close to you, then there's NO room to speed, even if you think your control is excellent. Just press and release brake...what's the big deal...?

SHITTY TIP 4: "You are TOO CLOSE TO THE CURB!!!"
Look...there's a truck on the right lane. You want me to directly smash into him?

Better advice:
Unless you are driving right on the side white line, you are OK.
Use the middle dotted line as a marker.

To avoid getting too close to curbs at turning-points, it can help to start braking a lot earlier (maybe a few seconds right after you start seeing the turn sign or turning route) so you can slow down and have more control.

It's very, very disappointing that driving is taught really shittily.

My opinion is that not everyone should be driving...go look at places like Singapore who have super-efficient public transport. But of course, most governments worry about other things instead of that.

If you get your transportation and driving education RIGHT, guess what? Business can go a lot faster and better, fewer workers and kids get stressed and killed in needless accidents, and you get more money (from better biz).

But since governments and society (who builds the roads and advises the gov on road planning) hate money and love mediocrity, I guess it'll take WW3 to destroy the shitty infrastructure we have now so that the remnants can build better ones.

One of my most bitter fights with my parents was on actually buying a car. I didn't want to get a car I could never afford or manage on my own. We ended up not getting any new car, but the compromise is that I have to go on those awful driving sessions in their vehicles...

I actually don't mind taking buses or even cycling to work (I even LEARNED cycling on my own years ago as my parents just kept nagging on it and taught zero actionable tips)...but to most people, it's shameful.

Another reason why I should move out (damn the COVID restrictions), and another reason why one of the first few things I do with Fastlane money is to hire a chauffeur, get me one of those self-driving vehicles or migrate to another country with much better driving conditions.

TLDR: F*ck driving, F*ck how people 'teach' driving, hail Singapore and good YouTube driving tutorials

EDIT:
My mum just tried talking to me on why I said to her "Doing more of the same stupid thing won't help me progress". I meant that doing the same inefficient driving techniques over and over wouldn't lead me anywhere...but she took it rather offensively.

Even after I explained it to her, it turned into a few hours of tears and arguments.

Very sadly, this is a sign that it's less of a problem with driving, and more of a family problem.

Even sadder is that my parents can only 'teach' driving the way they were taught...full of trial-and-error, full of confusion and blunderings. I guess the adage that 'if you can't teach it, you aren't skilled enough in the subject' is true.

Maybe eventually I'll have to open up a training school to help kids learn life skills without their parents' failures or mishaps. I try to respect parents and their difficulties, but if the current generation of parents keeps failing...someone else will take their place.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Just a rather negative rant, since I can hardly talk about this to anyone outside TFLF...

Seriously, f*ck driving.

f*ck those (coaches, friends and sadly, parents) who 'kindly' offer to help you practice driving, and then start backseat-driving, screaming and giving real shitty driving tips like:

Half-truth. Sure, I can get used to f*cked-up Asian traffic with more driving, but if I keep driving using stupid f*cked-up practices handed down by coaches who are only into it for the salary...what good will that do?

That is like asking me to practice sales copy by 'doing it more'...instead of showing main principles on how to improve my research, the right leads to use for different audience sophistication, how to write with a humanly-weak brain.

If I practice doing shitty copy or driving, guess what? I'll keep doing shitty copy and driving!!!

And if I ain't scared, your asses won't be coming home after I smash the car into a truck because I'm not afraid of danger. Do you know how many young people end up in coffins after they just DGAF to fear and road risks?

Examples:

Yup, I can stare all day at the mirrors until I go dumb...no, WHAT THE f*ck DO YOU DO WHEN YOU SEE THE MIRROR? WHAT DOES IT TELL YOU? HOW DO YOU LOOK AT IT?

Even the driving school coaches just crammed shit up my a$$ during the sessions...they NEVER discussed common situations or stuff like that. How on earth am I going to learn from experience if I don't have a baseline to branch out from?!

Better advice:
(check out Conduite Facile's YouTube channel. Great place to re-learn driving and parking)
When checking the mirror, if you can still see the WHOLE of the vehicle on the other lane, you still have good vehicle distance if you want to cut lanes.

For parking (if there are other lanes around with incoming cars), it can be helpful to use surrounding cars or lines as markers, and physically turn your head to see the windows.

SHITTY TIP 3: "Drive faster if there's no one around/when the chance presents itself!"

Why?

-Most cars are power vehicles. Press too much of the oil and even good drivers lose control.

Of course you can't be slow in making decisions, but if your speed is slow enough to halt or turn quickly to save yourself from the f*ckers, why not stay at a lower speed?

But if you (especially my parents) want me to drive faster because I eventually have bosses to rush for in deadlines, then probably I should rethink why do I have to rush so recklessly. And why my life's plans are that f*cked up...

Better advice:
Does your car run on a turbo engine? Or diesel (diesel cars tend to take more time to build up speed or fully brake)? If turbo, then you might want to go easy on the speed. But if diesel, you can afford to push the pedals with more effort.

Also, what is the environment? If everywhere on the road is a clusterfuck, with cars only centimetres close to you, then there's NO room to speed, even if you think your control is excellent. Just press and release brake...what's the big deal...?

Look...there's a truck on the right lane. You want me to directly smash into him?

Better advice:

To avoid getting too close to curbs at turning-points, it can help to start braking a lot earlier (maybe a few seconds right after you start seeing the turn sign or turning route) so you can slow down and have more control.

My opinion is that not everyone should be driving...go look at places like Singapore who have super-efficient public transport. But of course, most governments worry about other things instead of that.

If you get your transportation and driving education RIGHT, guess what? Business can go a lot faster and better, fewer workers and kids get stressed and killed in needless accidents, and you get more money (from better biz).

But since governments and society (who builds the roads and advises the gov on road planning) hate money and love mediocrity, I guess it'll take WW3 to destroy the shitty infrastructure we have now so that the remnants can build better ones.

One of my most bitter fights with my parents was on actually buying a car. I didn't want to get a car I could never afford or manage on my own. We ended up not getting any new car, but the compromise is that I have to go on those awful driving sessions in their vehicles...

I actually don't mind taking buses or even cycling to work (I even LEARNED cycling on my own years ago as my parents just kept nagging on it and taught zero actionable tips)...but to most people, it's shameful.

Another reason why I should move out (damn the COVID restrictions), and another reason why one of the first few things I do with Fastlane money is to hire a chauffeur, get me one of those self-driving vehicles or migrate to another country with much better driving conditions.

TLDR: f*ck driving, f*ck how people 'teach' driving, hail Singapore and good YouTube driving tutorials

EDIT:
My mum just tried talking to me on why I said to her "Doing more of the same stupid thing won't help me progress". I meant that doing the same inefficient driving techniques over and over wouldn't lead me anywhere...but she took it rather offensively.

Even after I explained it to her, it turned into a few hours of tears and arguments.

Very sadly, this is a sign that it's less of a problem with driving, and more of a family problem.

Even sadder is that my parents can only 'teach' driving the way they were taught...full of trial-and-error, full of confusion and blunderings. I guess the adage that 'if you can't teach it, you aren't skilled enough in the subject' is true.

Maybe eventually I'll have to open up a training school to help kids learn life skills without their parents' failures or mishaps. I try to respect parents and their difficulties, but if the current generation of parents keeps failing...

Driving looks pretty crappy in the city (just watched some random Youtube Malysia video)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Driving looks pretty crappy in the city (just watched some random Youtube Malysia video)
If you go to some hyper-urban areas like Bintang Walk, or widely used freeways to go to work, then it IS crappy.

These days I drive in not-so urban areas, where peak traffic only lasts an hour or so instead of 2-3 HOURS (like the Kuala Lumpur folks face).

I don't mind the occasional faded road marker, sleepy truck or pothole, but the shitty attitudes of drivers who love cutting, hate waiting (motorcyclists who weave in and out of line can go F*ck themselves) make me see every driving session like a military convoy in Afghanistan.

While the solution to this is public transport, we have a materialistic society that worships cars as a SCRIPTED status symbol. People keep making their kids buy cars, learn driving right out of high school (and bribe to pass), buy bigger cars, do stuff with the cars...

Bribing to pass driving tests is also part of the problem.
If they added additional modules on urban driving, multiple scenarios of parking, driving psychology (eg how to see if other drivers are hinting they want to cut you without signals)...AND made the tests harder to pass, that would be great. We would have fewer cars on the road, less congestion and less wear-and-tear on roads.

But well...parents just want their kids to get the license immediately. So authorities simply bow down to them.
And the kids get shit coaches, becoming shit drivers and shit coaches themselves to their kids!

I had to repeatedly tell my dad, 'Don't bribe the damned examiner'
But the bribe may already have been factored into the fee, so how would I know?

This is why I see no glory in buying Lambos, even as a Fastlane goal.
I mean...what for? Driving and cars have been turned into a SCRIPT.

However, I know there are countries with even worse transportation means than Malaysia.
Even Western countries like New Zealand had its weak points (I visited there years ago). An utter lack of rest-stops in the NZ freeways (Malaysia has lots of those every few km), and very cramped road width on hills in Wellington.

D

Deleted78083

View attachment 37553

this is linkdin poll
Actually, it is interesting to know why people fail. I d say the correct answer is learn from both.

Seriously, f*ck driving.

f*ck those (coaches, friends and sadly, parents) who 'kindly' offer to help you practice driving, and then start backseat-driving, screaming and giving real shitty driving tips like:

Half-truth. Sure, I can get used to f*cked-up Asian traffic with more driving, but if I keep driving using stupid f*cked-up practices handed down by coaches who are only into it for the salary...what good will that do?

Examples:

Yup, I can stare all day at the mirrors until I go dumb...no, WHAT THE f*ck DO YOU DO WHEN YOU SEE THE MIRROR? WHAT DOES IT TELL YOU? HOW DO YOU LOOK AT IT?

Better advice:

Why?

Of course you can't be slow in making decisions, but if your speed is slow enough to halt or turn quickly to save yourself from the f*ckers, why not stay at a lower speed?

Better advice:

Better advice:

TLDR: f*ck driving, f*ck how people 'teach' driving, hail Singapore and good YouTube driving tutorials

EDIT:

Maybe eventually I'll have to open up a training school to help kids learn life skills without their parents' failures or mishaps. I try to respect parents and their difficulties, but if the current generation of parents keeps failing...someone else will take their place.
You ll make it work.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Seriously, f*ck driving.

Examples:

Better advice:

Why?

Better advice:

Better advice:

EDIT:

I wish I was there to help. I actually ENJOY teaching ppl how to drive, but I do it in a really weird way. All my “students” (some were terrified adults) have graduated and are awesome drivers now.

So here’s what I do. I bring snacks, like tons of loud crunchy snacks and sugary drinks. Then I drive us to a relatively empty area, as empty as possible. Then I get out and get back in to the passenger seat and commence eating. My “student” becomes confused at my munching and silence and then realizes, they can do whatever they want! Yay!!

So then they drive or stop or reverse or whatever and they might bump into stuff a few times but hey that’s ok, my cars were always used cuz what kinda crackhead buys new (I’m not judgy or looking at anybody on here, cough, cough) and the day passes with happiness. Happy!! Yay. :)

So then we continue the pattern. Me bringing snacks and staying quiet while they do whatever they want but mostly just get comfortable behind the wheel. It’s fun. I put my seat back sometimes and chill. Sometimes I put the bottles of sugary drinks on the ground in the parking lot and we try to miss them and/or hit them, depending on the mood.

And the person learning realizes that nobody is going to scream at them. Ever. Because we’re in a parking lot and idgaf.

Little by little, they start trying new things like parallel parking or reversing faster or going out on the main road for 1/4 of a mile.. and they get better without being afraid.

TLDR: Moral of the story: I’m glad you’re processing your emotions. Also, bring snacks! :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
If you go to some hyper-urban areas like Bintang Walk, or widely used freeways to go to work, then it IS crappy.

These days I drive in not-so urban areas, where peak traffic only lasts an hour or so instead of 2-3 HOURS (like the Kuala Lumpur folks face).

I don't mind the occasional faded road marker, sleepy truck or pothole, but the shitty attitudes of drivers who love cutting, hate waiting (motorcyclists who weave in and out of line can go f*ck themselves) make me see every driving session like a military convoy in Afghanistan.

While the solution to this is public transport, we have a materialistic society that worships cars as a SCRIPTED status symbol. People keep making their kids buy cars, learn driving right out of high school (and bribe to pass), buy bigger cars, do stuff with the cars...

Bribing to pass driving tests is also part of the problem.
If they added additional modules on urban driving, multiple scenarios of parking, driving psychology (eg how to see if other drivers are hinting they want to cut you without signals)...AND made the tests harder to pass, that would be great. We would have fewer cars on the road, less congestion and less wear-and-tear on roads.

But well...parents just want their kids to get the license immediately. So authorities simply bow down to them.
And the kids get shit coaches, becoming shit drivers and shit coaches themselves to their kids!

I had to repeatedly tell my dad, 'Don't bribe the damned examiner'
But the bribe may already have been factored into the fee, so how would I know?

This is why I see no glory in buying Lambos, even as a Fastlane goal.
I mean...what for? Driving and cars have been turned into a SCRIPT.

However, I know there are countries with even worse transportation means than Malaysia.
Even Western countries like New Zealand had its weak points (I visited there years ago). An utter lack of rest-stops in the NZ freeways (Malaysia has lots of those every few km), and very cramped road width on hills in Wellington.

Part of the script...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPiP9PkLAs

Kinda spooky to watch, millions and millions of people in bumper to bumper traffic honking and stressed out, always hated being in the city for that reason.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I wish I was there to help. I actually ENJOY teaching ppl how to drive, but I do it in a really weird way. All my “students” (some were terrified adults) have graduated and are awesome drivers now.

So here’s what I do. I bring snacks, like tons of loud crunchy snacks and sugary drinks. Then I drive us to a relatively empty area, as empty as possible. Then I get out and get back in to the passenger seat and commence eating. My “student” becomes confused at my munching and silence and then realizes, they can do whatever they want! Yay!!

So then they drive or stop or reverse or whatever and they might bump into stuff a few times but hey that’s ok, my cars were always used cuz what kinda crackhead buys new (I’m not judgy or looking at anybody on here, cough, cough) and the day passes with happiness. Happy!! Yay. :)

So then we continue the pattern. Me bringing snacks and staying quiet while they do whatever they want but mostly just get comfortable behind the wheel. It’s fun. I put my seat back sometimes and chill. Sometimes I put the bottles of sugary drinks on the ground in the parking lot and we try to miss them and/or hit them, depending on the mood.

And the person learning realizes that nobody is going to scream at them. Ever. Because we’re in a parking lot and idgaf.

Little by little, they start trying new things like parallel parking or reversing faster or going out on the main road for 1/4 of a mile.. and they get better without being afraid.

TLDR: Moral of the story: I’m glad you’re processing your emotions. Also, bring snacks! :)
Thanks for the advice!
Using an empty car park plus cans as prop materials should help.

I'll set early morning (7.30-8AM) to drive to an empty-ish car park nearby my place to practice (especially parking). That place has a bunch of new shops, but no one has bought or rented any of them.

Part of the script...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPiP9PkLAs

Kinda spooky to watch, millions and millions of people in bumper to bumper traffic honking and stressed out, always hated being in the city for that reason.
Let's see what we have here...
1. No dividing road lines (especially at the roundabout)
2. Everyone jaywalking the streets (but there's no zebra crossing or overhead bridges, so can't blame them)
3. Do I see almost no road signs around? (eg Stop signs at junctions)

And we haven't even gotten to the trains yet...

Suddenly it reminded me of this:

Protestors had a legit cause, but the f*cked up government apparently started killing and beating down kids who were protesting peacefully. And blocked Internet to shut out news flow as well.

Thankfully nothing like that has happened here yet...but we never know...

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Actually, it is interesting to know why people fail. I d say the correct answer is learn from both.
learning from both is the best option out there, it eliminates survivorship bias.

but given a choice to choose only one, why not learn 1 way it will work rather than 100 ways it won't.

also, failure can also be because of inaction, both might plan the same thing but its efforts that count.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Move to West Virginia, work remote, collect $12k, plus a few other benefits.

Then turn around and and buy a $12k home in a little town in Italy.

It's interesting the lengths governments are going to attract taxpayers.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Move to West Virginia, work remote, collect $12k, plus a few other benefits.

Then turn around and and buy a $12k home in a little town in Italy.

It's interesting the lengths governments are going to attract taxpayers.
It's funny how the job is remote, but they want to pay you to move there.

:rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Everyone needs to go read #16.

“Expert consensus” basically means “listen to us plebe.” It has no basis in science, just convenience for government overlords.

Also notable are #11 and #18.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Everyone needs to go read number 16.

“Expert consensus” basically means “listen to us plebe.” It has no basis in science, just convenience for government overlords.
No 2 is already a big WTF for me...never knew the track record of the vaccine companies were real shady.

Wonder if the Chinese vaccines will be any better...

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Number 13 was a huge revelation to me...

Fauci owns patents for this stuff, and he's the one who approved the government funding for it...?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

People who don't rush to the vaccine are labeled as "no vax" so it's a lost cause anyway.

You are framed like those dumb idiots who send kids to school without vaccinations and then wonder why they catch measles.

And then if you try to explain to them that the scientific method includes the test of hypotheses (or...of a vaccine) before declaring that the solution was, indeed, correct, they flip out and start screeching "argghdhgdahgahg science!!!!".

It's not even worth debating with these people.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
People who don't rush to the vaccine are labeled as "no vax" so it's a lost cause anyway.

You are framed like those dumb idiots who send kids to school without vaccinations and then wonder why they catch measles.

And then if you try to explain to them that the scientific method includes the test of hypotheses (or...of a vaccine) before declaring that the solution was, indeed, correct, they flip out and start screeching "argghdhgdahgahg science!!!!".

It's not even worth debating with these people.
Let them say it. Eventually enough people will be vaxinated that they all assume you have it and won’t care anymore.

Yeah they may be part of a class action asbestos style lawsuit in 20 years, but I won’t.

That’s what I’m banking on at least. Psychology of idiots doing the work for me.

For the most part, covid doesn’t exist for me and my family. I do what I want, when I want, without masks. My church looks like it did before covid. Relatively full seats and zero masks haha!

The hospital for the baby doctor appointments is run by mask nazis.

Also the Apple store made me consider selling a Lamborghini worth of Apple stock the other day for their treatment of customers to aggressive orders of standing on certain floor marks and subjecting them to a tyrant lady with a laser thermometer. Unbelievable.

I literally own more of the company she works for than 5 years of her salary, and she has no clue. Screaming at everyone like the worst TSA agent you’ve ever encountered. Just a horrible experience.

This is a totally different topic, but half of people at the Apple store are there to bitch at the Genius Bar and complain about Apple products. The other half are there to buy thousands of dollars worth of tech. Shouldn’t they geographically separate the two functions?

Also it is very clear what “kind” of people Apple and these big companies are most afraid of. The majority of conservatives use Apple products. The majority of liberals use Android... Yet, they pander to screaming baby liberal douchebags.

Why? Because why pander to civilized people?

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Here's an excerpt from one of my favorite books (The Fish That Ate the Whale) that I frequently refer back to. It's a good short story to remember when you need to keep your head up.

"The greatness of Zamurrey lies in the fact that he never lost faith in his ability to salvage a situation. Bad things happened to him, as bad things happen to everyone. But unlike so many, he was never tempted by failure. He never felt powerless or trapped. He was, as I said, an optimist. He stood in constant defiance. When the secretary of state teamed up with JP Morgan and the Honduran government in a way contrary to Zemurray's interests, he simply changed the Honduran government. When United Fruit drew a line at the Utila River and said 'you shall not cross', he crossed anyway. When he was forbidden to build a bridge, he built a bridge but called it something else. For every move, there is a countermove. For every disaster, there is a recovery. He never lost faith in his own agency. With his fortune fast diminishing, it was time to act."

And a good complimentary quote from Nietzsche:

"An inability to take seriously for any length of time their enemies, their disasters, their misdeeds—that is the sign of the full strong natures who possess a superfluidity of moulding plastic force, that heals completely and produces forgetfulness"

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Let them say it. Eventually enough people will be vaxinated that they all assume you have it and won’t care anymore.

Yeah they may be part of a class action asbestos style lawsuit in 20 years, but I won’t.

That’s what I’m banking on at least. Psychology of idiots doing the work for me.

For the most part, covid doesn’t exist for me and my family. I do what I want, when I want, without masks. My church looks like it did before covid. Relatively full seats and zero masks haha!

The hospital for the baby doctor appointments is run by mask nazis.

Also the Apple store made me consider selling a Lamborghini worth of Apple stock the other day for their treatment of customers to aggressive orders of standing on certain floor marks and subjecting them to a tyrant lady with a laser thermometer. Unbelievable.

I literally own more of the company she works for than 5 years of her salary, and she has no clue. Screaming at everyone like the worst TSA agent you’ve ever encountered. Just a horrible experience.

This is a totally different topic, but half of people at the Apple store are there to bitch at the Genius Bar and complain about Apple products. The other half are there to buy thousands of dollars worth of tech. Shouldn’t they geographically separate the two functions?

Also it is very clear what “kind” of people Apple and these big companies are most afraid of. The majority of conservatives use Apple products. The majority of liberals use Android... Yet, they both pander to screaming baby liberal douchebags.

Why? Because why pander to civilized people?

Man it was weird to see the Apple store how they let everyone in, same thing down here in Canada, single file lines, 6 feet apart with some dummy from a third world country that can't even speak English dressed up as a fake cop scanning peoples head with a temperature gun. And yes, don't forget your mask otherwise you will be kicked out or have the police taser the crap out of you (multiple cases of police brutality here over masks)

Crazy time to be alive!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Anyone watching the Ben Askren & Jake Paul fight? This is a big month for fighting, not only are my own coaches fighting but there's some good UFC cards aswell.

I'm gonna go with Ben, Jake will most likely get tired after a few rounds of punching air IMO. I've been training for a while now and can ''relate'' to all the pro fighters out there when I watch them, telling you.. whenever I hit the bag after a few rounds the fatigue starts kicking in and you feel it, except a bag *doesn't* hit you back!!

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Number 13 was a huge revelation to me...

Fauci owns patents for this stuff, and he's the one who approved the government funding for it...?
I go back and forth on this. I see the conflict of interest.

On the other hand, Musk owns a lot of patents on rocket technology. Would you be concerned if he was named the head of NASA with a mission to get to Mars?

Would you rather have the second best guy for the job (shoot, he probably owns patents, too), so hire the twentieth best person for the job?

I think Fauci leading the effort is not as big a concern as the complete throwing away of scientific precedent, accountibility, and oversight in order to rush to market.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I go back and forth on this. I see the conflict of interest.

On the other hand, Musk owns a lot of patents on rocket technology. Would you be concerned if he was named the head of NASA with a mission to get to Mars?

Would you rather have the second best guy for the job (shoot, he probably owns patents, too), so hire the twentieth best person for the job?

I think Fauci leading the effort is not as big a concern as the complete throwing away of scientific precedent, accountibility, and oversight in order to rush to market.
True. I’m not an Elon musk fanboy though, I will call a spade a spade and say he is also benefitting from things I don’t really support, even if he is a cool guy.

yes the lack of scientific debate, the narrow minded and extremely tight control of the narrative etc are much greater concerns.

I have no idea how this will play out.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Every day I see children waiting for the bus while wearing masks and standing 6 feet apart.

I'd get banned from this forum for sharing my real thoughts on it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Every day I see children waiting for the bus while wearing masks and standing 6 feet apart.

I'd get banned from this forum for sharing my real thoughts on it.

At least they can go to school. Where I live most children have already lost two years of education (last year and this year same thing again)...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Suggestion for all you fastlaners out there....

Read all the labeling and ingredients of your food, next time you go grocery shopping. Eye opening to see the amount of things that go in our body.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.