The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
What is this obsession most people have with pleasing everyone?

Why is this even a thing?

It’s not possible to make everyone happy.

During school break we decided as a family to go to specific place. It’s of interest to us and we think we’ll have fun.

As a courtesy to other families, we extended the plans and even offered a spot at our house, as we have room to host.

Next thing I know is a flurry of interest - great!

Then people get ideas, expand it to include more people - ok, fine.

Then I get a call from another dad "hey, we were thinking it might be better for all to go to ____ instead".

WFT? When did this become about some "what's better for all?"

My reply: "I've made my plans and that's were I'll be, anyone wants to join - great, for anyone that doesn't - also great"

"Yeah I know, it's just I am trying to make everyone happy, you know me"...

"Not me, I made my decision based on what I want for my family and the invitation was for others who may like the same location, not an attempt to find a place to please the most people"...

Am I an a**hole here? I feel zero interest in trying to please others. All I want is what I think is best for my family. Yet I think others look at me like I am an alien thinking this way.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
initials JP.

Ask him now to Short the next bubble of anything! We'll all become billionaires here if the lighting strikes again... :)

John Alfred Paulson (born December 14, 1955) is an American billionaire hedge fund manager. He leads Paulson & Co., a New York–based investment management firm he founded in 1994.[1] He has been called "one of the most prominent names in high finance",[2] and "a man who made one of the biggest fortunes in Wall Street history."[3]

His prominence and fortune were made in 2007 when he earned almost $4 billion and was transformed "from an obscure money manager into a financial legend"[3] by using credit default swaps to effectively bet against the U.S. subprime mortgage lending market. In 2010, Paulson earned $4.9 billion.[4] The Forbes real-time tracker estimated his net worth at $3 billion as of January 2023.[1]

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
you are right, but
I put all my intelligence into maths at the beginning of my studies and I managed to get the worst possible success ( 4 ).
So in your opinion I should have stopped studying ant just jump from a bridge and stop that tragedy?

You may have more brainpower than me, making everything with 1A+, but I didn t give up only because I m a bonehead.
But I respect your superiority.
What kinda strawman is that ?

I simply said that nothing you do is unimportant.

Nowhere did I ever claim to be superior to you or that you should kill yourself.

As someone who was a F student in math for most of my time I know it seems hard.

But that doesn't matter. I didn't even say you need to be good at it.

I simply said "how you do anything is how you do everything". If that offends you then you have got a problem.

You are reading an intention into my message that simply isn't there. Those are your thoughts of insecurity which you choose to project onto my message.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

During school break we decided as a family to go to specific place. It’s of interest to us and we think we’ll have fun.

As a courtesy to other families, we extended the plans and even offered a spot at our house, as we have room to host.

Then I get a call from another dad "hey, we were thinking it might be better for all to go to ____ instead".

My reply: "I've made my plans and that's were I'll be, anyone wants to join - great, for anyone that doesn't - also great"

"Not me, I made my decision based on what I want for my family and the invitation was for others who may like the same location, not an attempt to find a place to please the most people"...

Am I an a**hole here? I feel zero interest in trying to please others. All I want is what I think is best for my family. Yet I think others look at me like I am an alien thinking this way.
Sounds like he’s trying to hijack your vacation, bit of a dick move on his part

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Right after having that cold that took me out for a couple of days, I got hit by something unexpected: Gout.

My weight is dropping and I recently set my fastest mile ever, and also ran the furthest I've ever run before
You can run with gout? Isn't it ridiculously painful to even walk?

Most of the age related pains (lower back) were fixed by weightlifting, especially deadlifting.
Amen. Regular strength training fixes truckloads of other random shit for me over the years. Everyone should lift.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I felt perfectly fine at 30. Report back on how you feel after an injury. For me it happened at 35.

Injuries past a certain age can be life changing. Recovery time takes way longer and the body gets stiffer too.

Goal should shift from maxing out in the gym to maintaining a low resting heart rate and blood pressure. Cardio is how you improve this.
I am lucky to have gone through a ton of injuries in my teens and early 20's due to being reckless to now know how to recuperate issues the moment they show any signs, or prevent them altogether. For example when I was 20 I herniated my lower back so badly that I was bedridden for 2 months and couldn't lift for a year then I got costochondritis and couldn't lift for another year. Now I prioritize slow and steady gains and I feel like I will have a lot of longevity. Knock on wood.
The problem for me is that it took peak mental game of 33 year old Kyle to even try for peak condition, which I am still nowhere near where I am working to get to.
This is it, the strongest people I know are also mentally the toughest and that aspect takes time, and the bonus is once you have it it never goes away.

Take George Hood, who broke the plank record at 62 years old, holding it over 8 hours.

c47111542d5ff20bdd56cfe6c15ecba6

Or this 70 year old who can outrun 99% of people regardless of age:

Julius Maddox the bench presser world record holder at 796 lbs didn't even pick up a weight til he was 27 years old and is still getting stronger and stronger.

OT-1561147016686.png

I know from my own personal experience that mindset is everything, and if I'm feeling mentally down then my body breaks down too, its a two way street. Modern science of psychosomatic cause-and-effect are also proving this to be the case. I'm not saying I believe those woo woo hypnotists that can make you lift 500 lbs or LOA gurus that say you can positively think yourself into a mansion, but I think people hugely underestimate the power of their mind and how it affects their bodies.

Be like Casey Neistat who broke his leg in 27 places and became obsessed with running because his doctor told him he would never run again. Be safe, because you only have one body, but don't be weak minded and give up because the mind always quits first. It is better to have an optimistic outlook and think your body is resilient, then work towards that belief. People have healed chronic knee/back injuries etc. many times, and I can give examples of those too.

We all know the power of belief, I choose to believe mind > matter.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
You can run with gout? Isn't it ridiculously painful to even walk?

Amen. Regular strength training fixes truckloads of other random shit for me over the years. Everyone should lift.
I got a shot in the morning of prednisone. By the end of the day I could walk. I went for a run the day after. The long run was a week after that. Prednisone worked amazingly fast. And I cut out alcohol completely until I convince myself I won't have a 3-4 a night habit like before.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Stick to your plans, and do exactly what you did. Make it known those are the plans you are doing and you won't change them.

I've done that same move. Had someone try to change stuff for whatever reason. If you go along with the change it almost always ends up turning to a mediocre time where changing stuff becomes the trip, rather than the trip itself. Get a bunch of people together and none of them will make up their minds on anything and nothing will happen.

Nothing drives me crazier than wishy washy people who can't make up their mind about anything.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Baller!

Where do I sign up for the $2k course to lean from the anon “Finance Guy”?!

:rofl:
IMG_2933.jpeg

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Screw the other families. Is your dad and mom happy though? That's the key.

Brookzo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2024
Julius Maddox the bench presser world record holder at 796 lbs didn't even pick up a weight til he was 27 years old and is still getting stronger and stronger.
Yep, also a lot of all time records were done not by a 25y.o lifter, but instead by a 30 or even 40+, (Ray Williams being like 35 when he did his squat, Julius Maddox being 33 I think, Jamal Browner is 29 Im pretty sure, etc).
I've once read that powerlifters don't need to be young, you just need to train for 10+ years, so no wonder that there are a lot of absolute powerhouses in their 30s and 40s in this area.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Anybody in the towing business?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Baller!

View attachment 53777
"On the road to." What does that even mean? Why not 250k? Why not 500k? He's claiming some trajectory towards 200k, but it will somehow stop?

He still calls himself "Finance Guy."

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Stick to your plans, and do exactly what you did. Make it known those are the plans you are doing and you won't change them.

I've done that same move. Had someone try to change stuff for whatever reason. If you go along with the change it almost always ends up turning to a mediocre time where changing stuff becomes the trip, rather than the trip itself. Get a bunch of people together and none of them will make up their minds on anything and nothing will happen.

Nothing drives me crazier than wishy washy people who can't make up their mind about anything.
Yep.

Have you ever noticed large groups of people can't make decisions? They stagnate and do nothing.

I usually just take the lead in those scenarios, but sometimes it makes weak and indecisive people angry because they refused to speak up.

When I was putting together the Erie PA trip years back I said exactly what @Antifragile said.

I'm going to be here on X date for fun, if someone wants to come, let's hang out.

I NEVER asked what date is better for everyone for two reasons.

1. The date I chose was a weekend my wife was going to be out of town.
2. I also called and got Glen Stearns to come.

It's a great lesson in leadership. Crowdsourcing decision-making leads to mediocre outcomes. In our case, we had an epic outcome with a fantastic dinner with a billionaire, his team, and a tour of a winery.

The entire thing is documented right here. GOLD! - Informal Dinner at Underdog's BBQ in Erie, PA (Undercover Billionaire's Restaurant) | The Entrepreneur Forum: Talk Fastlane Business (thefastlaneforum.com)

Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Those of you who remember Dane Maxwell's 'foundation' course... (I think he actually did an AMA here at some point)

One of his students just had a $500m exit, pretty interesting.

I remember the posts here every day asking "if you could wave a magic wand would it look like" (script from Dane's course).

Makes the countless semi-spam posts worth it lol.

Congrats to the guy.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
initials JP.
Interesting guy.

Recalling from my memory of reading about him when I was in college. He was not interested in business and more into the arts in the 60s, moving into MBAs influenced by a distant relative.

Took the advice from some else on how to chose a spouse, wrote out the qualities he is searching for and wrote on a piece of paper, and decided to marry his secretary.

After his success in 2008, people were rushing in to park their money with him, and one of the investors is our dear Donald.

I would be curious about what are the truth and myth about him that has been circulated. He does seem to keep a distance from the media and that’s quite different from many of the attention seeking billionaires.

There was a period he was bullish on gold. There is widespread consensus within the precious metal community that China owns more gold than their official number? What’s his take on that?

I wonder what’s his take on the Epstein saga. Is it true that Bernie Madoff took the columbian drug lord and Russian mafia’s money and his two sons were “suicided”? Also about the wild rumor that Renaissance Technology was a money laundering ops for foreign elites. Ray Dalio’s son (RD is bridgewater founder) died of “car accident”while him being a vocal proponent on “rise of China”. Similar strange fatal accidents happened for two sons of jame Simons (founder of Ren Tech). These are interesting questions that hedge fund billionaires will never share their honest opinion in public.

If he has any interesting insight would appreciate if you can direct message me privately. You can put in very vaguely while leaving him ample space for plausible deniability.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Those of you who remember Dane Maxwell's 'foundation' course... (I think he actually did an AMA here at some point)

One of his students just had a $500m exit, pretty interesting.

I remember the posts here every day asking "if you could wave a magic wand would it look like" (script from Dane's course).

Makes the countless semi-spam posts worth it lol.

Congrats to the guy.

Who is it?

Sam Ovens was Dane's student as well and he's been doing extremely well as far as I know.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Who is it?

Sam Ovens was Dane's student as well and he's been doing extremely well as far as I know.
Big fan of Sam Ovens, but was shocked to learn he only made away from Consulting.com w/ $10m in the end. I think he will hit it big with Skool with Hormozi though.

Not sure on the guys name, it was a real estate software.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Ask him now to Short the next bubble of anything! We'll all become billionaires here if the lighting strikes again... :)

John Alfred Paulson (born December 14, 1955) is an American billionaire hedge fund manager. He leads Paulson & Co., a New York–based investment management firm he founded in 1994.[1] He has been called "one of the most prominent names in high finance",[2] and "a man who made one of the biggest fortunes in Wall Street history."[3]

His prominence and fortune were made in 2007 when he earned almost $4 billion and was transformed "from an obscure money manager into a financial legend"[3] by using credit default swaps to effectively bet against the U.S. subprime mortgage lending market. In 2010, Paulson earned $4.9 billion.[4] The Forbes real-time tracker estimated his net worth at $3 billion as of January 2023.[1]
Interesting guy.

Recalling from my memory of reading about him when I was in college. He was not interested in business and more into the arts in the 60s, moving into MBAs influenced by a distant relative.

Took the advice from some else on how to chose a spouse, wrote out the qualities he is searching for and wrote on a piece of paper, and decided to marry his secretary.

After his success in 2008, people were rushing in to park their money with him, and one of the investors is our dear Donald.

I would be curious about what are the truth and myth about him that has been circulated. He does seem to keep a distance from the media and that’s quite different from many of the attention seeking billionaires.

There was a period he was bullish on gold. There is widespread consensus within the precious metal community that China owns more gold than their official number? What’s his take on that?

I wonder what’s his take on the Epstein saga. Is it true that Bernie Madoff took the columbian drug lord and Russian mafia’s money and his two sons were “suicided”? Also about the wild rumor that Renaissance Technology was a money laundering ops for foreign elites. Ray Dalio’s son (RD is bridgewater founder) died of “car accident”while him being a vocal proponent on “rise of China”. Similar strange fatal accidents happened for two sons of jame Simons (founder of Ren Tech). These are interesting questions that hedge fund billionaires will never share their honest opinion in public.

If he has any interesting insight would appreciate if you can direct message me privately. You can put in very vaguely while leaving him ample space for plausible deniability.
Jim Pattison? I'm a fan.

The question you should ask, at your age, is: "How can I serve you, for free, in order to learn from you?"
Yes. It's John Paulson

Unfortunately, they canceled on us because he had a political campaign to attend in Peurto Rico, some charity.

I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to ask a question through text however.. hopefully more over time!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
His prominence and fortune were made in 2007 when he earned almost $4 billion and was transformed "from an obscure money manager into a financial legend"
Wiki is a bit wrong — Paulson was one of my childhood heros (yes, as a kid I followed billionaires and millionaires) and he had AUM around $300M in 2002 and grew it to $6bn in 2006. This is all before he so-called “made his fortune”. So while he wasn’t a huge hedge fund, he wasn’t nothing either.

I’d argue that his early days were far more pivotal to his success than what he did in 2007/2008. Also, he seems to have been a millionaire already in the 90s by the time he started his hedge fund. For that matter, Noah Kagan was also a millionaire by the time he started his first successful business.

People often underestimate the importance of access to capital when starting a biz. It’s very important.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm going to be here on X date for fun, if someone wants to come, let's hang out.
Exactly. "I'm doing it anyway."

I use "If you want X then do Y" or "Let me know if you're interested in Z" a lot. People who want it know what to do, and people who don't can leave it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I agree. Stick to your guns.

Personally, I'd explain less.

Antifragile: "We'll be at <location> on <date> if anyone wants to join us."

"Sounds great. We'll let our friends know."

"Jenny would prefer to go to <different location>."

Antifragile: "I heard <different location> is a great spot. I'm sure they'll have a great day. We'll be at <location> on <date> if anyone wants to join us."

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

I had no idea of this. Dubai has 2000-3000 supercars abandoned every year for various reasons. This looks like an excellent opportunity to fix them and then export them. Any mechanics?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Baller!

View attachment 53777
That's what I noticed about Twitter versus, say, LinkedIn. Loads of anon accounts posting garbage to build a following to sell courses to loads of broke people. I can't remember if it was @Timmy C who said "Money Twitter is broke".

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
And the best book name I've seen in at least a year goes to... "Number Go Up"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Screenshot_20240131_162036_Edge.jpg

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Private Witt reporting for Fastlane Forum duty.

After a 3.5 month time-out I've been motivated by Heavy Industry's come back post to step back into the forum. I'm not ready for a thread as still in a massive personal life retool, but can say I've pivoted off the cannabis industry after 8.5 years and using the skills I learned to go into mainstream spaces with less restriction and addiction components.

Very excited to be back in the INSIDERS, payment made and patiently awaiting :).

Hope everybody is doing well!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!