The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Sometimes, no matter how much or how hard you try, you just can’t stop people from doing the wrong things.

I was recently chatting with some old school friends, and I noticed one of them kept on swearing. I decided to tell him that swearing isn’t really that cool, and just makes you seem immature.

He then, proceeded to take that to great offense and say how going to the gym isn’t cool, nor quitting videogames.

I decided not to think much of it, because quite frankly, he would eventually have to realize that there are more important things to put your time towards, rather than video games and eating a bag of cheetos at 11 pm on a school night.

I also learnt something from this: sometimes, no matter what some people don’t walk down the same path as you.

You say you want to be independent, so life makes you walk a path solo.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
IMG_3439.jpeg
“Most people overestimate what they can achieve in a year and underestimate what they can achieve in ten years”:rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Recently, a famous entrepreneur named Harry Rosens passed.

He founded the popular harry Rosens designer clothing company.

After his passing, his son said: “It’s with a heavy heart we announce the passing of our founder and visionary Harry Rosen. Starting with a $500 loan and a dream, Harry willed his business into existence one client at a time. His passion for menswear and fashion was contagious; his ability to teach and inspire were unparalleled,”

Wait. “It’s with a heavy heart we announce the passing of our founder and visionary Harry Rosen. Starting with a $500 loan and a dream, Harry willed his business into existence one client at a time. His passion for menswear and fashion was contagious; his ability to teach and inspire were unparalleled,”

He took his time with everything. Doing it one by one. Not hundreds by hundreds.

Do everything one at a time. One sale, one deal, one dollar profited.

Either his wife or son also said he had the ability to listen.

He didn’t close himself off from what the market said. He took it and conformed it into something that everyone will love.

Farewell to Harry. He did a perfect job being an entrepreneur.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
PSA: If someone is DM'ing you and wanting access to your PayPal account to split profits from an international website, it likely is a SCAM. Even if it wasn't, you have no business attempting such subversion.

If this has happened to you, send the forum an email so I can ban the user.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One of the secrets of my success has been testing a lot of ideas. I actually want more ideas to test every day.

And the progress of your business is dictated by whether you land on a series of good ideas or bad ones. A series of bad ideas can almost bury your businenss.

I’ll give you a few examples:
• The idea to sell a service instead of coaching at the beginning of this year was a genius idea. It’s responsible for 80-90% of this year’s revenue.
• The idea in May to remove 2 calls in the sales process, and make it 1 optional call with the option to buy directly from the website following a guru recommended on thefastlane was a terrible idea. Reduced the pipeline by 30-40%, with no added advantages. Gurus lie — they come on podcasts and the media, and tell you outright lies, and claim revenue numbers and sales processes that don’t actually work in reality.
• The idea that every month is the same, and not considering monthly fluctuations made us lose 30% of customers in July-August which is a naturally slow period of the year.
• The idea to introduce additional services to improve results, reduce client workload, and raise prices/margins in August was a genius idea.
• The idea to reintroduce 2 sales calls, and have a structured pitch before closing was another genius idea, doubled closing rate.
• The idea to create an AI app for LinkedIn content writing was a genius idea — it’s been extensively used by our writers since creation to speed up the process.
• The recent idea to create an app to help someone analyze their LinkedIn Profile and provide a report with specific recommendations to turn their profile into a landing page — not sure if it’s a good or bad idea yet since I just released it on Christmas Eve, but may be the key to booking a ton more meetings by giving upfront value. Now in a recent thread I was against giving value for nothing, but… if that value costs you nothing, that changes my mindset. We’ll see once it gets tested if giving value upfront works or not. Who knows what will happen? My mind is hypnotized now, and I think it’s a genius idea that will revolutionize client acquisition… but maybe it won’t.

And there are more ideas…

• How about using a contact form vs a book a meeting link, and as soon as someone submits the contact form, give them a call and do the first 15min meeting like that?!

F*ck, I have no clue if this is a good idea or a bad one. But some people online say “well, people may not be willing to book a meeting yet, but they want to find out more, a contact form works better for them”.

Who knows?!

There are many many other ideas that I’ve tested that didnt have much of an impact one way or another. For example, I spent about $5K on ads this year, with virtually 0 success across FB/Google. I haven’t found a winning concept. I tried many sort of ads, paid @Andy Black for a consultation, followed a guru’s approach recommended by Andy and so on. Nothing worked on that front for me.

So good ideas, bad ideas, and ideas that don’t really move the needle one way or another…

But the point here is that your business is the result of a series of new ideas that you choose to implement. Implement a series of good ideas, you get growth and great results. Implement a series of bad ideas, you can almost bankrupt your business.

I’m really quick at implementing ideas. Usually a few days, max 1 week. For example, creating the LinkedIn Content Writing app — 1,5 weeks, working day and night, including learning what had to be learned to do it.

But it’s hard. You never know if an idea is good or not before trying it. And if you happen to land on a series of bad ideas that brings down your business and can even bankrupt you. Even in the more positive case, you can waste DAYS building something useless.

But… risk or not, ideas are the key to growth. That’s why I always tell people if you have a good idea that you want tested that could help my business, give it to me and I’ll implement it and test it for you and share the results.

I'm going to move this into its own thread, it's too valuable to be buried in a chat thread.

BTW, if anyone finds themselves making a long post that has discernible value, it almost always belongs in it's own thread, not buried in the chat thread.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I'm going to move this into its own thread, it's too valuable to be buried in a chat thread.

BTW, if anyone finds themselves making a long post that has discernible value, it almost always belongs in it's own thread, not buried in the chat thread.
I mean, what counts as a long post?

Maybe this post of mine is worthy..
I get asked by my friends why I’m so kind, if there’s nothing in return, and I said exactly.

But. You do get one thing. A feeling of satisfaction. A feeling of completion. That feeling that just makes you so happy.

I saw an old lady struggling to get onto the curb in the rain.

I walked up to her and asked her if she needed help. And she said sure.

I simply took her bag and helped her up some stairs, without expecting anything in return.

I got fluttered by compliments from her. Because I decided to put aside a few seconds and go out of my way.

So, who are you going to help today?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Ok, my apologies MJ. I often use the chat thread to post lessons and updates, didn’t know it’s not meant to be used this way. Will be posting separate threads when relevant from now on.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, don't be afraid of reporting backlink spammers, even those who seem to have large post counts.

I just deleted a user with 170 posts, he went back and added backlinks to all his posts ... his deception lasted months until thankfully someone here reported it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Folks, don't be afraid of reporting backlink spammers, even those who seem to have large post counts.

I just deleted a user with 170 posts, he went back and added backlinks to all his posts ... his deception lasted months until thankfully someone here reported it.
Yes, thanks @FastNAwesome for spotting and reporting the spammer.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Over the next few days, people are going to start posting their big wins over 2023.

If you feel like 2023 was wasted because you didn’t have a big win, just know it’s not measured in material wins. It’s measured in what you’ve learnt and how you’ve changed and grown as a person.

Be happy with how far you’ve come this year. What challenges did you overcome?

If you still feel like you’re lacking something-it’s okay, just view 2023 in the rear view mirror. Focus on 2024 and keep pushing forward.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Over the next few days, people are going to start posting their big wins over 2023.

If you feel like 2023 was wasted because you didn’t have a big win, just know it’s not measured in material wins. It’s measured in what you’ve learnt and how you’ve changed and grown as a person.

Be happy with how far you’ve come this year. What challenges did you overcome?

If you still feel like you’re lacking something-it’s okay, just view 2023 in the rear view mirror. Focus on 2024 and keep pushing forward.

You win an award for the best teenager poster in 2023. I appreciate your consistent contribution and clearly trying to add value with each post. You'll go far in life if you keep it up.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You win an award for the best teenager poster in 2023. I appreciate your consistent contribution and clearly trying to add value with each post. You'll go far in life if you keep it up.
Thank you! Just got to keep gaining those little wins under my belt;)

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
I was reading some old whatsapp and IG conversations from 4 or 5 years ago and did not recognize myself.

I used to be much more chilled, social, happier, positive, confident, and much less politicized than I am today.

When the pandemic hit, I sat at my computer and began writing and reading, all day, every day. This has had a pretty big impact on my personality as far as I can tell.

Scary. I won't be continuing on this path in 2024.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Who are the best FB and LinkedIn Ads experts on the fastlane? I’m specifically interested in those with experience generating leads for B2B.
I don't even know who runs FB and LI Ads. Maybe Justin Then (I can't remember his username) and/or @eliquid?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Something that could be a cool thread idea is every year we have….

Drum roll please….

The Fastlane Awards!™

We could have like 5 catergories, such as

Funniest poster

Most :gold: bombs dropped

Biggest action taker

Best new user of this year

And more.

Then, every “casts” a vote for each catergory, and the winners get announced

Let’s hear some more catergories and if there’s a big response, I can create a thread.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Something that could be a cool thread idea is every year we have….

Drum roll please….

The Fastlane Awards!™

We could have like 5 catergories, such as

Funniest poster

Most :gold: bombs dropped

Biggest action taker

Best new user of this year

And more.

Then, every “casts” a vote for each catergory, and the winners get announced

Let’s hear some more catergories and if there’s a big response, I can create a thread.
In Germany we have a saying "Zu viel des Guten", which roughly translates to "Too much of the good" and I think this applies to this proposal, imo.

There are already systems which reward those posters as well.
Great action takers usually get many likes, the same with funny people and so on.
And in fact iirc MJ actually even has a thread where he nominates I think 1-2 people per year for a lifetime INSIDERS?

And besides, the reward for your actions shouldn't be some online forum award but the actual fruit of your hard work.
At least in my opinion ahh I feel like the Grinch rn :inpain:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
In Germany we have a saying "Zu viel des Guten", which roughly translates to "Too much of the good" and I think this applies to this proposal, imo.

There are already systems which reward those posters as well.
Great action takers usually get many likes, the same with funny people and so on.
And in fact iirc MJ actually even has a thread where he nominates I think 1-2 people per year for a lifetime INSIDERS?

And besides, the reward for your actions shouldn't be some online forum award but the actual fruit of your hard work.
At least in my opinion ahh I feel like the Grinch rn :inpain:
I’m pretty sure that thread is dead now.

Oh well. Just a idea I thought of:bored:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

skyflare

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
May 14, 2023
Hungary
The new year is beginning soon for most of us; it has already begun for some. I am wishing you all an amazing new year.

If you are making resolutions, aim high and start with baby steps that are actually achievable. Don't try to change all your habits, hindering behaviours and identity at the same time, because it won't work. Treat all these as processes and not as all-or-nothing outcomes. If it's better don't even start on the first day, but make sure to progress all the time.

As for me, I won't be making promises to my friends at today's party, and they will be asking me why. The answer is simple, as MJ has said it many times, and many others before. If you can start earlier, do so, don't wait around for the new year. I started my day in the gym, and I will be going tomorrow morning to avoid the hoard of people "trying to get started with getting in shape".

Best wishes to you all!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
This song not only has a spine-chilling riff but has lyrics that echo the anthem of the sidewalk.

View: https://youtu.be/wTP2RUD_cL0?si=qsXY-66uo5YXcg8m

Downplaying the hardships of the producers to lead to their success ("money for nothing, chicks for free") while simultaneously being envious & wishing they were there ("I want my MTV"). People are talking about the riff, but the lyrics do stand out for a mindset you don't want to have.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.