The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

This is why there's a Need for *cough cough* "black market software"

Aren't a lot of these image/video editing tools at risk of being replaces by an AI tool? I have zero art talent, so the idea of feeding some vacation photos in to an app and telling it to make me a slideshow with Hawaiian music is more appealing than a bunch of tools that let me set the chroma values or aperture settings, whatever those are. All these new AI tools that are making text and images will be making videos next.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Aren't a lot of these image/video editing tools at risk of being replaces by an AI tool? I have zero art talent, so the idea of feeding some vacation photos in to an app and telling it to make me a slideshow with Hawaiian music is more appealing than a bunch of tools that let me set the chroma values or aperture settings, whatever those are. All these new AI tools that are making text and images will be making videos next.

Eventually yes, but not within the next 2-3 years. In 2-3 years, they'll replace most of the low level design folks and then after that, come for the higher level design folks. "Slideshow with Hawaiian music" is low tier aka Fiverr tier so yes, it'll be replaced.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I was having a walk and then a girl approached me and tried to initiate contact (aka get my number).
It was a dream.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
TIL there are theoretical "narrow banks" that simply just buy Treasuries and primarily earn money through user fees. These banks are illegal because they are too safe, and would put other banks out of business.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Random thought of the day:

Janitor is a profession
Teacher is a profession
Nuclear engineer is a profession
Earning money is a profession

Lex's posts make me think that:

One must have a side hustle
To have money
To have time
To do a better side hustle
(repeat)

In addition this is totally value oriented, the rest is time optimisation, so all of that is ethically and rationnaly good

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Rant.

Two months ago I went in for a free consultation for sleeve tats. I brought ideas, images, notes, and talked with the tattoo artist for about 45 minutes. She said once we start it would be $150 an hour and would take 20 - 30 hours to complete.

At the end of the consultation, I booked out all of the appointments in advance and paid the deposit. After she took my payment, I handed her an extra $150 in cash for her time even though it wasn't required.

Now, after all of the waiting and anticipation, my first appointment is in three days!

There's just one problem...

Until Tuesday, I heard nothing from the artist.

Originally, she said she draws artwork about two weeks out from the first appointment. So I waited and waited, and on Tuesday, I finally texted asking for an update and she replied, "I was just about to message you." Then she said it was my day for her drawing, but she never received my images (even though I sent them to her during the consultation...). So, I resent the images immediately and haven't heard from her since.

So yeah... Pretty frustrated.

Already made the decision not to go forward with her.

I like the work she's done for other people, but I won't risk my arm to someone who can't be bothered with basic business communication and courtesies.

Wasted two months, just to start my artist search over again.

Last edited:

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Rant.

Two months ago I went in for a free consultation for sleeve tats. I brought ideas, images, notes, and talked with the tattoo artist for about 45 minutes. She said once we start it would be $150 an hour and would take 20 - 30 hours to complete.

At the end of the consultation, I booked out all of the appointments in advance and paid the deposit. After she took my payment, I handed her an extra $150 in cash for her time even though it wasn't required.

Now, after all of the waiting and anticipation, my first appointment is in three days!

Originally, she said she draws artwork about two weeks out from the first appointment. So I waited and waited, and on Tuesday, I finally texted asking for an update and she replied, "I was just about to message you." Then she said it was my day for her drawing, but she never received my images (even though I sent them to her during the consultation...). So, I resent the images immediately and haven't heard from her since.

Already made the decision not to go forward any further.

I like the work she's done for other people, but I won't risk my arm to someone who can't be bothered with basic business communication and courtesies.

I'm currently doing Meta ads for a friend's tattoo shop and her 3 tattoos/piercer co-worker

Despite having whoping results (doubled the interest in an event at the shop, in 3 days, with ridiculous budget) they seem to have hard times understanding the concept of investing money in order to get more money.

They just want to lower the costs and increase the prices.

My hypothesis is that:
They are self-employed, not entreprenneurs
They are artists, very passion-oriented

So your tattoo artist not understanding basics of business may be normal, despite the fact that it’s incredibly annoying

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Anyone try/like masterclass?

Some of it looks like woke garbage, but there are some interesting names on there too. Look like potentially more educational mindless entertainment.
That is a good assessment.

I enjoyed it though. I watched several of the master classes by screenwriters, directors, and authors.

I just don't devote the time to writing that I should. But if I did, I would say that masterclass helped me become a better writer...

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

yon-tan-mark-Zuckerberg-wearing-a-pokemon-trainer-costume-8196f27f-a93c-4e3b-b0a2-ba5ef01bdfa1.png

EDIT: I was thinking about the colleagues at my workplace today, and I realized one thing.
Many people who are 25 or older, and who are also single and not dating, tend to devote all their non-sleep time to work. Not for themselves, but for others. I'm not sure if this is the reason why they're single, or is it because they have this trait that leads to them being single. Male, females, all the same. I find such behavior strange and repulsive.
It's ok if you have no life and no soul while in the process of working on your dreams, but to work like this for someone elses's riches and dreams, is truly next level.

Last edited:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Does anyone here do fly fishing?

I keep thinking about learning and I know zero about it ha.

I must have seen it in some movies years ago - but I now want to take some lessons.

View attachment 47377
Interesting. I was opening a wholesale account with a fly-fishing distributor yesterday for my client.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The last time I engaged at the high level I am hitting now, I also dropped a ton of weight due to a hyper focus on business/family/faith. The same is happening now. I'm down 20# in 45 days and have adopted a wholly new outlook towards food. Since I am blessed with a little cash, I am able to buy the NutriSystem plan (which essentially just regulates calories and puts you into calorie deficit).

I was going to drop this rant into MJ's plant based thread, but didn't want to violate the spirit of that thread with this. I like meat but I see significant health benefits to the whole vegan lifestyle. I may alternate into that for windows alternated with a gigantic steak.

Anyway, to my food rant. I stopped into a local sub shop the other day to pick up my daughter her usual (because I raised her wrong and now she's eating shit I won't eat any more... I will break that eventually and save her life). Anyway, I was watching them make some fat F*ck a footlong, meat stuffed, carb stuffed submarine sandwich.

Do you guys know how much food that is? I emphatically state that I don't care who you are, almost nobody needs to eat that. Picture that huge F*cking sandwich moving it's way through your intestines. That's terrible.

I've eaten TONS of those in my life and that's how you end up FAT. I looked up the calories. 1500. That's more calories I am eating a day now. 138 carbs.

When I started eating less, all the sudden I need to eat less. I couldn't eat that much today if I wanted to. Eating is discipline. The reason I was fat is I shoved into my mouth what ever I wanted. That stopped cold 45 days ago. I was talking with my wife today talking about how eventually people slide back into a glaze filled malaise. This is the first time, though, that overeating has literally repulsed me. I am sure I probably had 4,000 calorie days. Never counted. Never again.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Man, my sickness has just peaked this night.
I'll spare the details, but always remember to be grateful for being healthy!
Practising piano for 8 hours straight is still better than being really sick and that says something haha

(PS: am I the only one who sees a "user power" rating now? Is that a new feature?)

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
So there are a lot of protests in my country after they posponed the legal age for retirement (which I will not discuss further as it is both uninteresting here and not the point I want to make). Besides health issues, I can barely imagine anything more infuriating than having a politician tell me when, and with how much money, I may retire after a lifetime of 9-5.

Another occasion to be grateful for the fastlane principles.

The feeling of independance regarding this bullshit is so amazing. Work on your unscription everyone, it may be the most important thing you have to do in your life !

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
So there are a lot of protests in my country after they posponed the legal age for retirement (which I will not discuss further as it is both uninteresting here and not the point I want to make). Besides health issues, I can barely imagine anything more infuriating than having a politician tell me when, and with how much money, I may retire after a lifetime of 9-5.

Another occasion to be grateful for the fastlane principles.

The feeling of independance regarding this bullshit is so amazing. Work on your unscription everyone, it may be the most important thing you have to do in your life !
As government deficit and finance grows worse it will only gets worse.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Further to @Vigilante post above about how bad sub sandwiches are for you... MY highschool job was at Subway. A main ingredient in their bread is High Fructose Corn Syrup. I don't know if that has changed or not, but it was probably why their food was so addictive.

Slather a whole ton of processed to high-hell sandwich meats, fake processed cheese, or fake chicken in the middle. Add a few fresh veggies (yay I am being healthy!) and then top it off with as much mayo or oil based dressing as you can squeeze on. Now we are talking!

It is no wonder the America's are so freaking fat. THAT sort of food is what is considered a healthy alternative. lol. The average sheep doesn't stand a chance.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Rant.

Already made the decision not to go forward with her.

I recently went through this as well. Here is a video that helped me a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxKT2knU5c&t

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

Wtf!!!!
Okay, I saw this and I had to try it for myself.

I asked it to build an app to run concurrent timers. Gave it some detail, the kind of detail I'd give a junior developer for a project, to see what they'd come back with.

The results from GPT-4 were amateur hour. It skipped over the part of the code that actually played an alarm when the timer finished, instead dropping in a comment about how someone else might implement it. The UI was basic, which in and of itself isn't a problem, but it made some weird choices (using a stepper to choose the amount of seconds for the timer, for example). Worst of all, timers only ran while the app was foreground. I gave it some instructions on fixing it, and it didn't do so well with that either, using UserDefaults to keep the list of active timers but not keeping the timer running at all. A couple of easy to avoid warnings; not a huge deal, but telling.

Overall, not great. Better than GPT-3.5, but I wouldn't hire it based on those results. You might be able to talk this thing into knocking out some basic app for you, but we're a long way from the pie in the sky, instant infinite app nonsense that article was on about.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
HustleGPT

Already, YouTube is having more and more videos of, you guessed it, gurus, making videos about using ChatGPT to make "passive income". Starting a "SMMA" is so 2019, if you're a guru wannabe, ChatGPT is the way to go.

"How much I made in my first week with ChatGPT (Realistic Results)"

*YouTube thumbnail of me having a wide open mouth expression and finger pointing to the text on the thumbnail*

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Let the like farming BEGIN.

Game on. Where's the leaderboard?

Nice add MJ, hopefully it doesn't lead to a meme-fest.
Some of the top scores are already that way from posting the best memes and rants

Some of my highest quality posts and comments have gotten very little interaction and some of my dumbest ones have gotten tons.

Pretty funny honestly. We will see how this goes..

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I was having a walk and then a girl approached me and tried to initiate contact (aka get my number).
It was a dream.
Your mind telling you opportunity is knocking.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
TIL there are theoretical "narrow banks" that simply just buy Treasuries and primarily earn money through user fees. These banks are illegal because they are too safe, and would put other banks out of business.

The real problem is they don't borrow enough money from the fed, creating $30 in debt for every dollar borrowed. How could you keep people frantically spinning their wheels without all that debt?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Okay, I saw this and I had to try it for myself.

I asked it to build an app to run concurrent timers. Gave it some detail, the kind of detail I'd give a junior developer for a project, to see what they'd come back with.

The results from GPT-4 were amateur hour. It skipped over the part of the code that actually played an alarm when the timer finished, instead dropping in a comment about how someone else might implement it. The UI was basic, which in and of itself isn't a problem, but it made some weird choices (using a stepper to choose the amount of seconds for the timer, for example). Worst of all, timers only ran while the app was foreground. I gave it some instructions on fixing it, and it didn't do so well with that either, using UserDefaults to keep the list of active timers but not keeping the timer running at all. A couple of easy to avoid warnings; not a huge deal, but telling.

Overall, not great. Better than GPT-3.5, but I wouldn't hire it based on those results. You might be able to talk this thing into knocking out some basic app for you, but we're a long way from the pie in the sky, instant infinite app nonsense that article was on about.
And like most "you'll never have to code again" things, it's more work to convince the tool to do what you need it to do, than to just learn the basic coding concepts.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
For my first post after the new value to post ratio upgrade, I felt it necessary to provide immense value. That said, I decided to bring,to the members of The Fastlane Forum, my well researched theory on Jerome Powell.

BCDD1BE2-89C6-46D3-A23D-87C5D9D5DFE3.png
F4C86C42-3635-4F40-AF7F-A9D82F0A9BD1.png
DD97AE1C-188E-4576-BA12-E1582262D015.png

Based on theses pictures, my research, which I have analyzed for over 7 minutes, my theory is that he is AT LEAST 1/8 largemouth bass.

This means one of his great grand somethings is in fact a bass.

Just look at the similarities.

2795E585-435B-4AF1-965F-98B0EE2CECBA.jpeg

I rest my case. He’s part bass until someone proves me wrong.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is already been shared in this thread.

And the tweets are awesome.

Hasn't made any sales yet though. Maybe it should talk to @Lex DeVille...

Never had an urge to sign up for the paid version of ChatGPT in order to access ChatGPT 4 until I came across the tweet by Jackson above. Now I'm sold. I'll give this a try. I hope my headache next month will be what is the color of my Bugatti?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.