The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

dominicmarcu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Mar 11, 2023
England
Earlier this morning, I was on the train to school and realised how much of our society is addicted to social media. While statistics are nice and all, seeing 99% of people on the train have headphones in or on their phone scrolling mindlessly really puts into account how far ahead you are. I've watched several people drool as they scroll like zombies, crazy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I found biographies of my family tree and the average Sprague lives to about 77 year's old. I went as far as back as 1874.

It was kind crazy, just to realize that now I am 29. Back in the great depression their was a Spague that became a Doctor and created a book.

It makes me sad, but also it was a realization that we won't live forever on this planet. But I was also grateful to review other entries of other family members who came before me.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why the heck can't we copy folders in Google Drive?

FFS...

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've tried ChatGPT4 and haven't noticed any difference thus far.

Perhaps I need to ask better questions.

Why do people request their account to be deleted?

Because of any of the following:

1. They get butthurt after hearing harsh truths and a reality that doesn't match their worldview.
  2. They get butthurt after hearing an opinion that doesn't match their own.
  3. They get butthurt after they presume one opinion represents the entire forum.
  4. They get butthurt because I sent them an email that didn't make them rich.
  5. They get butthurt because I sent them an email and they don't remember joining in 2013.
  6. They get butthurt because they don't want to be reminded that they gave up on their dream.
  7. They get butthurt because they fear the forum is a threat to their privacy, as if "Joe6921" can be identified as Joe Schmolofo in Sofia Bulgaria.
  8. I get butthurt because they called me a scammer or they're here to troll.

Bottomline? Butthurt underscores all account deletions. ;)

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
They get butthurt after hearing an opinion that doesn't match their own.
despite all of the flak i am getting for having different opinions from others i am not very butthurt about it and realize others are entitled to their opinions even if i think they are wrong or different

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
despite all of the flak i am getting for having different opinions from others i am not very butthurt about it and realize others are entitled to their opinions even if i think they are wrong or different
You don’t have different opinions. You are factually wrong, repeatedly.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
You don’t have different opinions. You are factually wrong, repeatedly.
even that is just your opinion and we can just agree to disagree i feel like at this point you are just trying to argue with me for the sake of it

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
even that is just your opinion and we can just agree to disagree i feel like at this point you are just trying to argue with me for the sake of it

There is such a thing as objective truth. You are calling factual opposition to your incorrect understandings of the world “opinion.” Again something factually incorrect.

My OPINION is that the likelihood of one of your posts actually being of value, or quality, to literally anyone, is infinitesimal.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
It’s a fact when someone is factually correct or incorrect. There is such a thing as truth. You are calling factual opposition to your incorrect understandings of the world “opinion.” Again something factually incorrect.

My OPINION is that the likelihood of one of your posts actually being of value, or quality, to literally anyone, is infinitesimal.
again, thank you but i think that is all just your opinions too, even debate has facts from both sides and we can choose which one we like best and you just think your facts are better than my facts... and i disagree

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Why the heck can't we copy folders in Google Drive?

FFS...

Right click.
Download.
Unzip.
Rename.
Upload.

Not quite as fast as copy paste, but still plenty fast.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
despite all of the flak i am getting for having different opinions

Claiming that a pound of iron is heaver than a pound of feathers is NOT opinion.

You are arguing that 1 + 1 = 3. Doubling down on that behavior around here will result in your removal from the forum. So continue with your low value posts and you will be moderated, or worse, removed.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
It takes a lot to hear the truth, one person can accept it or fight against it. Even if the truth hurts and is against your character or how you saw the world. There are people who want to best for you and tell you when you are wrong in some area. But then there are people who just agree with you just because, and you may not know what your doing wrong.

It takes a lot to hear the truth and accept the view point of someone else. Though, I believe, I would rather listen to someone who is actually doing something I want to do or rather than learn from a friend who person who hasn't done something I want to do.

Because of this, I have lost friends, such as an friend I use to hang out and got close with said that the books I'm reading are warping my mind and that it was only a matter of time before I "Lose" myself. Because my therapist said that The Fastlane Methodology was only for "Luckly" people and said that maybe I should check my viewpoint on it.

Another has this concrete idea of what the dating field is like, but if you check his history of dating. He's only dated one person.

Thus with the indifference of opinions/beliefs, you could say I have lost some friends because of this. I would rather get butthurt and someone tell the truth of what I am doing wrong than to fight back.

I want to better myself, but not only for myself, but for my future family (If I ever have one haha!). I would want to set the example to my family and friends on what's possible. If you only chose to believe.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was about to launch into my standard "anything and everything Google does is purely in service of jamming more ads into your eyeholes" rant. Then I realized who I was replying to :p
Oh, don't worry. I'm at the front of the queue complaining about Google Ads.

I posted this to LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter yesterday:

1678835523461.png

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
Oh, don't worry. I'm at the front of the queue complaining about Google Ads.

I posted this to LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter yesterday:

View attachment 47624
Happens to me all the time. Had to switch everything to exact match because of that.
Also my keywords like "carpet cleaning near me" or "carpet cleaning services" were being triggered by search terms like "carpet cleaning seattle", even though it's like 3 hours away from me

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Today I was driving my car and noticed the time was wrong compared to my phone. That’s when I realized that I was supposed to move the clock ahead an hour… three days ago!

I guess I never look at the time anymore.

I would have been a good case study for if daylight savings affects people who don’t know it happened. Lol

Looking back to Sunday I remember that there was still light out at 7pm and thinking it be to strange that the sunset time changed so fast

What’s even more interesting is that I was still going to sleep and waking up at the exact same time. I only use my phone to look at the time when I go to sleep and wake up. So the phone did move one hour ahead, and I did not even notice in my sleep cycle.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
What's up with time eh? A month feels like a week these days. I'm 28, but time seems to have sped up dramatically these last 4/5 years.

It get's worse right?

I'm 39. 1 year used to feel like 5 years in my 20s. In my late 30s, 1 year feels like 6 months now. It's already mid March and 1/4 of the year is gone. In 10 years time, I'll be a middle-aged old man.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm 39. 1 year used to feel like 5 years in my 20s. In my late 30s, 1 year feels like 6 months now. It's already mid March and 1/4 of the year is gone. In 10 years time, I'll be a middle-aged old man.
Careful. That 10 years will only feel like 3. :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Today is my 5 year anniversary of joining the forum.

Cheers to all!

I’ve learned some new things and made some great friendships. Hopefully I’ve also added something positive to your lives.

PS. Time flies. Omg.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Careful. That 10 years will only feel like 3. :rofl:

On a positive side…

Entrepreneurs live more in 1 year than many do in 10 or 50. By that math, when I die I may have lived 1,000 years and will be ready to go. :rofl:

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
On a positive side…

Entrepreneurs live more in 1 year than many do in 10 or 50. By that math, when I die I may have lived 1,000 years and will be ready to go. :rofl:

Makes me think of @Roli 's signature

Screenshot_20230314-201244.png

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
This is a thread for random post and rant, so here is my actual rant:

What MJ said in his first book, about people that will try to discourage you even when they see the actual results of your work, is totally true.

Since the past month (after 3 years of desert, learning, self questionning and bouncing back from depression) I have never had as much results as now, I begin to have demands about my work (webmarketing) because clients see the actual results, and the people who was discouraging me (or talking behind my back) they begin to diminish my merits (boooo bad nasty marketer !)

Do you believe that ? They say you won't succeed (hidden behind their so called "worrying" about you), and when you do, they are searching for WHATEVER bullsh*t reasons that confirms their bias.

It’s incredibly upsetting.

What must I do ? Compel with modern esclavagism, work good for a boss that will exploit me ? Hell nah

This kind of behavior is the exact opposite of what an entreprenneur must do: constantly question oneself.

I know, I was warned in TMF about that, but it is a little hard for me to cope with that, even close friends are slightly changing their words in order to deviate me from my plans.

"Do you think that will work ?" I don't have to believe I have the f*cking NUMBERS, this is not faith, this is math.

I understand this is difficult for them, there are those who are genuinely interrested in my succes, and those who are just jealous. They just do not understand what I do and why I do it.

Except... My clients. They see the results, so they want more. I begin to think that entreprenneurship is the most rationnal thing you can think of.

In short, this is difficult to cope with, but I will stick with the plan. I will lost people, but meh...

F*** them, I’ve suffered too much to get a tiny something worthwhile to let myself be depressed by pessimists.

My (little) business results are starting to bring me confidence and I must say this is and incredible feeling so I see no reasons to change my plans, all the pessimists can go to hell

I will go to the top of my own mountain without ANY hesitations, even if it mean sacrifice bullshiters.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
There is a company that collects and sells people's private employment information, including annual salaries, insurance info, and whether they've sued an employer. Apparently this is legal.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018