The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
We are going to have to agree to disagree. If I want to remove a tree from the land I own, that is my business not yours. I believe in property rights.

This is a sliding scale… Where do you draw the line? Your home is ok, but the new homes going in aren’t? Your home was new once and there were trees there.

Who built the road to your swimming lake? Someone might have even built the damn lake. Was that ok?

If you take your point of view to its logical end, it is simply anti-civilization. The convenience and luxuries of modern life are bad and scavenging for berries in the woods and living in a lean-to is good?

Is your home built out of gathered and already dead resources? Do you let bugs live there with you? Would you cut down an “inconvienent” tree that could fall on your home?

Was the Panama Canal a good idea? Was Mining the metal that made the ships that traverse it a good idea? What about farming and agriculture? What about literally anything responsible for our lifestyle differences between today and 500 years ago? How about airplanes and airports? Cars and roads?

If some of this is OK and some isn't, the argument is hypocritical. Someone had to clear some land to make that stuff happen. The economy is a delicate balance. This specialization of labor and advanced civilization is required in order to literally survive. Slowing it, or dialing it back literally makes life harder and less prosperous for everyone. So I own the “life worth living” argument.

Yes.

YES! Blow it up for fun for all I care. I hope he puts it on YouTube.

Ownership does. Although, if he plans to blow it up, it is quite a waste of a nice castle so probably unlikely. He’d buy a piece of land without a castle if he didn’t want a castle.

Lol, no, you couldn’t have.

Me and @MTF ago way back. We agree on a lot, but we don’t agree here. Just like the folks yelling at me over being 100% opposed to government lockdowns in every form or fashion, I stayed consistently liberty oriented.

I value my liberty, my property rights, and my freedoms over a small urban forest.

I do however also, as I said much earlier in this discussion, value nature, clean air, clean water, and a clean overall environment. I just don’t believe that the government is the best vehicle to uphold these values. Considering they are at fault for this very scenario and also the biggest polluters on earth, I’d say I have a very strong argument.

I literally value that commerce, that piece of the city that was developed, in a country I don’t even live in, more than I value the trees in that area. As will hundreds or even thousands of people that move there. They too will probably be hypocritical of new development.

To say that there will be “nothing left” is very hyperbolic, particularly with shrinking global birth rates, we are not even close. Go fly on an airplane and tell me there aren’t enough trees.

View attachment 38711
This, to me, is a beautiful sight. To me, it represents progress, wealth and prosperity to everyone in the supply chain and competitive pricing for consumers. Human cooperation on an epic scale. I also see an awful lot of trees there as well for Houston inside of the beltway.
Wow, what a great post. Dang. This was an epic little battle between friends with @MTF.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Two items which I will no longer be buying:

1. Shreddies cereal. This, along with plain cheerios, were my go to cereals for me and my kids. I thought shredded were like no sugar, turns out it's the second ingredient and it makes up roughly 20% by weight. I can't imagine what the actual sweetened sugar versions of shreddies are like. Sorry kids.

2. Costco pierogies. I read the ingredients and it turns out they are full of crap! The 4th or so ingredient is canola oil!!!!! No thanks! I don't eat these often, but it was a nice "junk" to eat every now and then.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Some very old posts on the environment were dug up.

Just wanted to add that it seems like people are way too biased by their own immediate surroundings rather than the reality of the world - for example, if you live in a dense city with nothing but concrete and roads, you subconsciously think the whole world is running out pf trees!

But that couldn’t be further from the truth. Most of the world is “flyover” country. All those places you aren’t interested in going... because they have nothing but trees... and grass... and animals...

And the real “nature” mostly doesn’t look like a windows desktop background. The beautiful national park scenes are special. Most of it is just kind of boring. Important, but plain - trees, moss, feral hogs, stuff like that.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
very often, nearly once or twice a day, I go for a walk.
Either my reason is looking for mushrooms or just thinking about anything. Business, job, cryptos, friends...
Nearly allwasy its in nature. In the woods, riverside, or so.

Often I walk through the woods thinking about problems to solve. Thats very hard, very abstract, because in the nature there are NO problems to be solved.
So I believe, that all our problems are very men specific. All of the problems and businesses, entrepreneural attitudes and so on only are men specific.

Nature doesn’t give a shit about men . Ok, maybe a little shit, as we are god’s ( whoever that is) creatures, too.

Btw, folks. I need problems I can solve while walking in the woods. Solve by engineering. No computer, real hard materials.
Give me problems to solve! ;)

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Anti money laundering laws. My bank wants me not to deliver cash any more. Seriously?
I collect money from my (my employer s ) customers , deliver it to my bank account. My company deduts it some days later.

Ok, I m customer in this bank only for 50 years and do that system since 30 years, but why is there no service in that bank, who wants to help me solfe that problem ( sure its a problem for me).
Happily a leading member of the bank was a school mate 52 years ago. I phoned her today. Lets look, what happens.

Maybe I ll change my bank.

But that shows, how easily the only advantage of a local service can be damaged by delivering no service. My online banksˋ only disadvantage is, that I can’t deliver cahs!

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

very often, nearly once or twice a day, I go for a walk.
Either my reason is looking for mushrooms or just thinking about anything. Business, job, cryptos, friends...
Nearly allwasy its in nature. In the woods, riverside, or so.

Often I walk through the woods thinking about problems to solve. Thats very hard, very abstract, because in the nature there are NO problems to be solved.
So I believe, that all our problems are very men specific. All of the problems and businesses, entrepreneural attitudes and so on only are men specific.

Nature doesn’t give a shit about men . Ok, maybe a little shit, as we are god’s ( whoever that is) creatures, too.

Btw, folks. I need problems I can solve while walking in the woods. Solve by engineering. No computer, real hard materials.
Give me problems to solve! ;)
If you stayed in the woods long enough, you would have lots of problems to solve ;)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you stayed in the woods long enough, you would have lots of problems to solve ;)
Sometimes I think moving my family to the woods and pulling a Henry David Thoreau would solve problems. I’m not wired that way, but it sounds peaceful.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Sometimes I think moving my family to the woods and pulling a Henry David Thoreau would solve problems. I’m not wired that way, but it sounds peaceful.
Not a lot of crabs in the woods

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Sometimes, if there's a good stream going through the woods, it'll be full of crawdads.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Another way to fastlane, marry rich! That counts, right?

“Though Sunak is a former banker, it’s through his wife’s father, an Indian software tycoon, that the couple sits on an estimated 730 million-pound fortune ($825 million) — making them richer than the king and Camila, the queen consort.”

Jokes aside, I really need to read up to understand why the revolving door of PMs in the UK. What the hell happened? I’m curious enough to get out from under my rock.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

“Though Sunak is a former banker, it’s through his wife’s father, an Indian software tycoon, that the couple sits on an estimated 730 million-pound fortune ($825 million) — making them richer than the king and Camila, the queen consort.”

Jokes aside, I really need to read up to understand why the revolving door of PMs in the UK. What the hell happened? I’m curious enough to get out from under my rock.

You get no credit for marrying rich in my eyes, but by the same token, I am not one of those jealous, envious people who would take it away either. Stealing it, taxing it, or saying "you have to do X to deserve it" is just silly.

Yeah I'm curious too on the UK.

2am2am2am

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 14, 2021

You get no credit for marrying rich in my eyes, but by the same token, I am not one of those jealous, envious people who would take it away either. Stealing it, taxing it, or saying "you have to do X to deserve it" is just silly.

Yeah I'm curious too on the UK.

All you need to know is he’s just another WEF puppet. With London being the financial capital, it seems quite fitting CBDC will be test run in the UK, most likely offered as a ‘solution’ to the cost of living crisis.

What Mr Sunak fails to mention in this video about CBDC’s, is the programmable smart contracts to control how people spend their money, ‘living tokens’ and ability to freeze one’s digital currency wallet if they step out of line.

One step closer to a social credit system for the West.

Ff23uWcWQAIFuV0

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Sunak worked as an investment banker for some time, so he already had some good chunk change.

Normally such political instability would trigger an election-- but the Conservatives still hold the majority.

All you need to know is he’s just another WEF puppet. With London being the financial capital, it seems quite fitting CBDC will be test run in the UK, most likely offered as a ‘solution’ to the cost of living crisis.

What Mr Sunak fails to mention in this video about CBDC’s, is the programmable smart contracts to control how people spend their money, ‘living tokens’ and ability to freeze one’s digital currency wallet if they step out of line.

One step closer to a social credit system for the West.

Ff23uWcWQAIFuV0
Not to forget that the Pound getting killed does coincide with things...

I found the video reminding me of a very robotic Zuckerberg...scarily artificial and morbid.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Great guy for JT to get in bed with and speed up our digital currency and digital ID! Gotta keep the peasants in line. I see Canada, UK and NZ becoming even stronger allies in the very near future.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
491%
Aug 13, 2018
I find this ironic because now every woman I know including myself will spend extra on clothing if it has pockets. You men don't know how lucky you are to have pockets that are actually big enough to have some sort of utility.
Just want to echo this 1000%.

A women's clothing line where the clothing consistently comes with functional pockets seems too good to be true.

You hear that? Anyone looking for a problem to solve? ^ Here's a big huuuuuge pain point!

I’ve got some Ring stuff. Floodlight camera, doorbell, and two other cameras. They’re ok. The app is nice and they have a good family of products.
Do you realize that your neighbor's Ring / Echo devices are allowed to use your internet connection in order to stay connected to the internet and keep uploading surveillance to the cloud? You might want to look into Amazon Sidewalk and disable it on your devices.

"The idea behind Sidewalk is to integrate residential wireless connections into a “mesh network” that can extend coverage to areas that a home’s Wi-Fi can’t reach. Amazon’s Echo and Ring devices band together to create a network by grabbing a slice of bandwidth from each cooperative home network. That can extend the range of devices designed to work with Sidewalk so they’ll stay connected even when away from their owners’ home network." [Source]

Anyone uses Asana?
I’ve gone mad and started using Basecamp inside my own company with my staff who I see everyday at the office! That’s to @Andy Black for showing me.

And then I got asked a question: how about Asana?

My brain hurts with so many options. I’m not a tech savvy person. This is too much.
I've used both. Asana allows you to do basically unlimited layers of nested subtasks within subtasks. Basecamp doesn't. So if you are looking for a way to organize every massive project down into milestones and then monthly, weekly, and daily goals, also broken down by who's doing what, Asana can be amazing for that.

Basecamp is better at keeping things simple and straightforward, and I think it's way better at employee communication within the app. With Asana, you have the ability to comment on tasks and so forth, but any kind of meaningful conversation in Asana gets LOST. You'd essentially need Slack for employee communication while using Asana.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Do you realize that your neighbor's Ring / Echo devices are allowed to use your internet connection in order to stay connected to the internet and keep uploading surveillance to the cloud? You might want to look into Amazon Sidewalk and disable it on your devices.
Holy smokes! News to me … I’ll have to think how I really feel about it. Thanks for sharing!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You'd essentially need Slack for employee communication while using Asana.
And I think Slack is awful for communication.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Retail stores and chains have the greatest scale model ever. (Applies to restaurants too)

1. Develop a store/building with your development or holding entity
2. Move into the building with long-term lease with operating entity
3. Sell the building for a low cap rate and a sky-high valuation to get huge amounts of money
4. Take the huge amounts of money from step 3 and build 10 more stores, repeating steps 1-4.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Anti money laundering laws. My bank wants me not to deliver cash any more. Seriously?
I collect money from my (my employer s ) customers , deliver it to my bank account. My company deduts it some days later.

Ok, I m customer in this bank only for 50 years and do that system since 30 years, but why is there no service in that bank, who wants to help me solfe that problem ( sure its a problem for me).
Happily a leading member of the bank was a school mate 52 years ago. I phoned her today. Lets look, what happens.

Maybe I ll change my bank.

But that shows, how easily the only advantage of a local service can be damaged by delivering no service. My online banksˋ only disadvantage is, that I can’t deliver cahs!
Which country is this?

Fits well with the cbdc talk above

Cash will likely be banned soon, they’ve tried in Australia already

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021

"You say you’re a failure → so you decide you won’t even bother trying → which ensures you don’t succeed → which proves that . . . you’re a failure. Round and round the cycle goes"

IMG_20221026_121814.jpg

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

"You say you’re a failure → so you decide you won’t even bother trying → which ensures you don’t succeed → which proves that . . . you’re a failure. Round and round the cycle goes"

View attachment 45644

Whoever made that pic is still missing the point though.

I don't lose weight - - > which proves that I'm completely oblivious to the laws of thermodynamics - - > so I keep trying different workouts/diets without counting my calories - - > so I don't lose weight.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

View attachment 45644
"Weight loss through calorie restriction and an even more vigorous exercise program failed to improve telomere length, so it appears that the active ingredient is the quality, not quantity, of the food eaten." (Michael Greger MD and Gene Stone, How Not to Die)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Painkillers are one of the greatest inventions of humanity. Their impact on life quality can't be overstated.

I've been having recurrent headaches since forever and my life would be complete hell without ibuprofen. In fact, I can't even imagine what would happen without it. The few times in my life when I waited too long to take it when I had a headache I was literally delirious, writhing in pain and wanting to throw up from the sheer intensity of it.

I don't generally take painkillers for anything else other than a headache but I imagine it must be the same for other people dealing with other recurrent unbearable kinds of pain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.