The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome. Did you find them (online, phonebook, ads) or did they find you? (Doorknocking, fliers, etc)

Why did you choose them over others if you found them?

I have to ask my wife, she was charged with securing the appointment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
2 people, started at 8:30, left at 3:00. So it's a lot better than that. Thing is, they used likely $25 in materials, so they raised their labor costs from minimum wage $15/hour to $90+/hour - a 6X improvement on your time. And they were done working at 3pm and avoided the evening rush hour. I doubt college grads are getting paid $90/hour fresh out of uni with their philosophy degree. :cool:
I don’t think many college grads ever get to $90 an hour even with “useful” degrees

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
One thing I used to do as well was investigate different machines.

Being an economics fanatic I know capital drives productivity. So I'm pretty fascinated by how machines create products or services.

There are a lot of machines out there that are cost-effective that can be used to start a business.

Boom, you instantly have yourself a product or service that's uniquely yours. Boom, instant value to sell on the internet. Low fixed costs and overhead. Boom, run some ads and open an e-commerce shipping account.

Last edited:

constant

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
Took the window washers most of the day... the final cost ... take a guess?

Here's a pic, front+back.

View attachment 48533

View attachment 48534

We have over 100 windows if you include panes, many are 3 stories high. Let's just say, I wasn't expecting it to be cheap.

BTW: I didn't see a squeegee at all, this guy and his partner had some really professional equipment.
Wow, your home looks great.

I remember saying that "I don't care about big houses" some time ago but with time comes wisdom and now I understand why big houses are awesome.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

weird thing people do in every workplace:
"I have a question"
"ok"
"You did this wrong."

How is that a question?? Lol

Proper response being... "You're right, looks like I did. Let's figure out a solution for that!"

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
This might be met with outrage and indignation, but I am asking the question genuinely... when you own a 10,000 square foot home, are there any ways that you consider using it for business or for monetization? Obviously you can use it for branding and marketing, but I'm curious if there's anything else you do with such a huge house that might offset some of the costs, or if in this case, it's purely a private paradise. Either way, I think it's very awesome :)

The only people I know who aren't playing the business game and have big houses are farmers. Maybe ask them lol.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Why Americans are more likely to do nothing when confronted with a chance to help a stranger...

This is the culture we deserve.

View attachment 48575
A friend of mine saved a guys life who was overdosing on heroin one time. Didn’t know him, he saw him out in public and knew he was overdosing, so he went over to do cpr until the ambulance came to save him. My friend said people were walking past him, ignoring him like he was a homeless person begging for change. Only in a city could you be dying on the sidewalk and people pass you by like nothing.

Luckily the guy he saved was thankful he saved his life, unlike the article above.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
351%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I personally choose to not listen to my parents and their opinions.

If you take enough steps back (metaphorically speaking) it's just warm air coming out of their mouth. That family member has nothing to back his claims up with, aside from full confidence in believing he is correct.

If you were doing bodybuilding and he would tell you that you could never archive a good body, would you feel the same?
Probably not because you know that as long as you do the correct daily actions, you will get the result.

As long as you do the needed actions each day for business, you will also eventually get there.
No naysaying can change that fact.
Funniest part is, they love bodybuilding and have competed in bodybuilding shows.

They talk about all the hard work that took, all the hours in the gym, the consistency, how they used to be a skinny stick figure before lifting

Yet when it comes to business all of that goes out the window.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

The biz model of expanding franchises and selling buildings at low cap rates to fuel more franchises might be the greatest business ever.

Everyone thinks you need to own the real estate to get rich, but the opposite approach might actually be the fastest path to a 9-figure company

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Does anyone have any advice? -

a family member (immediate family member) that is unsuccessful and lazy beyond means, with a fixed mindset continues to spit the following poison on me.. And from what I've read I believe I'm dealing with a deep narcissist:

"I read all the books you read when I was younger, it's all BS, trust me, you'll come back to earth. You're just living in fantasy land right now. One day you'll realize."

My response is "No. I don't want to realize. Whatever "realize" means in your world, I want to do the complete opposite. I will never "realize"."

What do you want me to realize? That life sucks and I should just suck it up? Like W-T-F?

Hearing this once sometimes messes up my motivation and emotions for hours. Causing me to question myself.

Has anyone had to deal with this? What did you do? Is the best option to move and get the hell away from them?

Thanks
My dedication and effort are not preconditioned on the premise that I will be successful if I do the work.

The rationale argument is that imagine you are trying to escape a concentration camp, in which you will be hanged or shot sooner or later, the only logical move is to plan your escape. The odds don’t matter.

There is also a spiritual dimension that the struggle and not surrendering itself is a beauty that is worth pursuing. In any war or battle you always have some soldiers who defend a building/hill till the last man standing,

You are angry because you are forced to confront your inner fear that you might not achieve the tangible success despite the work. Once you dissociate that outcome dependency you will not be angry or upset.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Are there any ways you can subcontract or pay another business or self-employed workers to help you? That way you don't actually hire someone? This would allow you to take on bigger jobs now, even if you don't have the proper setup to hire full time just yet. Even if it means paying a little more for the extra help.
Thanks for this reply.

I never though of that but now that you mention it, yeah of course it is possible to outsource some tasks.
Especially a call response service comes to mind to improve my customers experience.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thanks for this reply.

I never though of that but now that you mention it, yeah of course it is possible to outsource some tasks.
Especially a call response service comes to mind to improve my customers experience.
Awesome!! Yes, hiring a freelancer or paying another business is very different from hiring a full time employee. Remember, this isn’t legal advice, so make sure you do everything correctly for the laws of your country.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I think there is an impossible trinity for food. I have not seen food that is healthy, tasty but also not pricy. It is easy to score two out of three but rarely all three.

Impossible meat : tasty and healthy but pricy
Junk food: cheap and tasty but unhealthy
Steamed chicken breast with no add on: Heathy and cheap but not something appetizing to eat whole day

if someone could create a 3 in one, even though a less than perfect version, it could grow as a business very quickly. A slightly more tastier version of sub-way chicken breast sandwich at the same price.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Buy a whole rump steak and cut it up, about $25/kg.

Affordable healthy and delicious

Impossible meat is lab made rubbish not healthy food

If you want to be vegan then there’s plenty of people here who can help with that and I imagine they will all agree about the lab made fake meat not being healthy

Or just season your chicken lol??
I am just limiting to choices to commercially available "ready to eat" food that needs no cooking. Something that there is no work involved in prepping.

I am thinking of it in terms of both angles, that as a personal consumer choice, but also from a potential business direction that others could find it interesting.

There is a big market for people who are health conscious but do not want to prepare their own food.

In Singapore such food are typically priced as premium food that cost around 15-20 dollar per serving. That is like 80 dollar cost for a 2k calories day.

The closest target I can find it Sub-way/Stuffed, chicken breast/roasted chicken sandwich is is 8 dollar cost per serving, and that will half the cost per 2k calories.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Now its about a year, when my problems with my neck disc prolapse started.
There were times, where I felt like my life is totally over.
I shut down most of what in my life matters for a while.
Beginning in December 2022, my Doc certificated me sick ( right expression?). Forbid me to work. No running, no sports, no gym.

Long story short: I decided to get into life and today is my first official work day again.

Many of you are entrepreneurs, so my parallel is, I organize my work an so the salary myself. And that way you sure can sympathize the freedom I feel.

And I like the German health system.

I only wanted to tell, hope no one is bored.
Congrats on your recovery!

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
View attachment 48642

Well I am happy that I dont rely on facebook ads to feed my family.

"There are no community standart violations"

BUT

"You have violated our community standarts"

I hope this gets fixed in a few hours since there is literally no reason for my page to be banned.
Pretty common, happened to me twice. You should be able to appeal (don't remember where). First time they asked for gov issued ID and a video call, the second they just removed the ban.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"according to the WEF..."

...and for this reason, I'm out.
Dwight will not eat ze bugz!
I just thought it was funny that the job predicted to grow the fastest was one using AI. And everyone's worried AI will destroy jobs...

An extract:

2023-05-05_00-12-49.png

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Amazon AWS study shows 90% savings by not using AWS (slight exageration).

"The new paper, though, seems to confirm a couple of suspicions among developers. One is that AWS-recommended solutions may not be the most cost-effective, as they invariably involve using multiple costly services."

Amazon has to make their margin on something.

Funny how this was a 'suspicion' :rofl:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Don't homeschool because your child will lose amazing opportunities

I can't image what normal kids go through in high-school these days. It looks crazy and violent. My friend's son dropped out and got his GED. The teachers just played the radio in class to keep the students calm, and then passed them to get rid of them. Nobody learned a thing, but it was better than getting beat up by a student. There's probably a market for private "we will beat your kids a$$" schools, not for problem kids, but for normal kids.

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Aha money is everywhere, in fact it's the most common thing in the world (except for walking into a room & forgetting why you're there). It might be script dogma you're fighting against. Let me explain.

I listed to Kyle Keegan's Show today & on Ep336 "The REAL Gap Between Rich & Poor" (fantastic episode, go listen to it) he went into depth on what differentiates these two classes of people. I was dropping my jaw throughout the entire episode because of how I shocked I was.

Here's some statistics for what poor people think about money:

90% said that think the rich inherit wealth.
79% said that wealth was luck.
90% said that fate determines wealth.

But here's the kicker - The wealthy think the exact opposite. Near 0%.

Coincidence? I think not.

These mindsets only shoot yourself in the foot. There's not a boogey man holding all the gold coins and only giving it to a small few. I don't believe it's "distributed weirdly" - I'd argue the money distributes itself depending on the value you provide.

For those at the back, I'll say that again!

The money distributes itself on the value YOU provide. Not Sally, James or Mark. You.

It goes the same for this too - time isn't rare, that's just what people say to except themselves from recognising that they make a choice.

The choice to not plan the day.
The choice to lay on the couch & binge.
The choice to smoke God knows what.
The choice to excessively drink.
The choice to procrastinate.
The choice to spent hours on YouTube, TikTok, other brain rot.

It's all choices & we are the arbiters of what we choose to do. I find that quite freeing.

As a good friend of mine always quotes "you are where you deserve to be".
Means a lot to me, thanks for clarifying. I will definitely change my mind about money. It's true that it is everywhere. I think the reason of my mindset is that I stay much in my room working hard instead of working intelligent. I try to work intelligent but I may be wrong on many things. I should learn more.

Thanks for your wise words.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can anyone recommend a good email marketing tool? I'm looking for something that will allow me to send around 100-500 emails a day through my domain email.

Mailersend for only sending emails.

If you need automations, Mailerlite.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Imran Khan was arrested yesterday in Islamabad, Pakistan. Within hours, the entire country erupted with protests and fires. Tons of govt assets and buidlings razed. An army GHQ in Lahore was set on fire yesterday and surprisingly the army let the people inside.

If I had to sum up the situation, its total chaos. This is quickly turning into a civil war. Two provinces including the one I live in have already asked for army reinforcements.

I am getting tf out of this country. Surviving inside this mess feels impossible let alone becoming unscripted . It's time for me to start preparing to move outside.

Martial law and total anarchy looms over the Government. Again.

#rip
So sorry to hear this.

I thought taking down the old PM was unthinkable until the headlines hit.

Oddly your thoughts aren't too far from what I feel about UNSCRIPTION in general. It's no longer all about gaining as much wealth efficiently as I can...it's now about getting tf out of the system before it collapses for real. But already the cracks are turned into leakages.

Where do you plan to head to?

A more relevant thread here:

From the last time I read that thread though, one major opinion was to consider less-developed countries as a means of escaping the political drama of the West...but now I guess we have to rethink things.

I guess we have to choose which political dramas we can live with...or insulate ourselves from.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.