The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Put your own oxygen mask on first."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Christiano

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 3, 2015
Dallas
change-dictionary-definition-word-adapt-evolve

"Resistance to change prevents optimal results. Roll with it."

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I don't get it??

He essentially said the majority of men fail because they do not make adjustments or changes to their initial plans after they fail. Think of the popular Thomas Edison quote below. After finding out ways that don't work, make the proper adjustments or changes and you may have a chance in succeeding. If I plan to bake a cake but burn it because I set the temperature too high I can always lower the temperature and try again.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” ― Thomas A. Edison

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015

"Life is not primarily a quest for pleasure, as Freud believed, or a quest for power, as Alfred Adler taught, but a quest for meaning. The greatest task for any person is to find meaning in his or her life. Frankl saw three possible sources for meaning: in work (doing something significant), in love (caring for another person), and in courage during difficult times. Suffering in and of itself is meaningless; we give our suffering meaning by the way in which we respond to it."
-Victor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
"There's a well-known saying that 'There's no "I" in team', but I tell you something, there's definitely an 'I' in 'leader'. Only one person can lead and you must recognize that the success of any business that you set up or create rests fairly and squarely with you.

When I look back on the early days I realize that in the hundreds, no thousands of days, you personally spend doing the vast majority of stuff yourself are absolutely the most valuable days spent. Experience cannot be bought, it can only be earned, and there is no substitute for it." - William King

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"There's a well-known saying that 'There's no "I" in team', but I tell you something, there's definitely an 'I' in 'leader'. Only one person can lead and you must recognize that the success of any business that you set up or create rests fairly and squarely with you.

When I look back on the early days I realize that in the hundreds, no thousands of days, you personally spend doing the vast majority of stuff yourself are absolutely the most valuable days spent. Experience cannot be bought, it can only be earned, and there is no substitute for it." - William King
Yes, reminds me of a great line:

"Wisdom is earned."

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler." - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
"Life is not primarily a quest for pleasure, as Freud believed, or a quest for power, as Alfred Adler taught, but a quest for meaning. The greatest task for any person is to find meaning in his or her life. Frankl saw three possible sources for meaning: in work (doing something significant), in love (caring for another person), and in courage during difficult times. Suffering in and of itself is meaningless; we give our suffering meaning by the way in which we respond to it."
-Victor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
The only meaning in life is the experience that we have. There is nothing more. There is no greater calling unless we choose that experience.

Supa

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
While you waiting, I be off the slave ship
Building pyramids, writing my own hieroglyphs
- Kendrick Lamar

this can be read pretty simplistic, but knowing Kendrick this text has some more depth to it than it first seems, here's RapGenius' explanation of this line: While everyone else was waiting at a standstill, Lamar was making moves. He got off the typical route, started building his empire and writing down his message. He’s gone after Hiii Power.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
"People don't understand. Money is not for a fancy car or home. It's to be free. To say F*ck you, I don't need this... And mean it." - Wallstreetplayboys

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Another one I like:

"You don't need a million dollar idea, you need a one dollar idea that a million people will buy."

For those of you searching for that million or billion dollar idea, which is really preventing you from getting started.

Supa

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
"I really hate to break it to you but your life's being played with
You have not witnessed the world cause you're stuck in the Matrix
Everything we have been taught was all a lie
Open your eyes, open your mind, and fly"
- Hopsin 'FLY'

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
"But you say that money is made by the strong at the expense of the weak? What strength do you mean? It is not the strength of guns or muscles. Wealth is the product of man’s capacity to think. Then is money made by the man who invents a motor at the expense of those who did not invent it? Is money made by the intelligent at the expense of the fools? By the able at the expense of the incompetent? By the ambitious at the expense of the lazy? Money is made—before it can be looted or mooched—made by the effort of every honest man, each to the extent of his ability. An honest man is one who knows that he can’t consume more than he has produced."

Ayn Rand, The Meaning of Money in her book "For the New Intellectual."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.