The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

D

DeletedUser394

Here they are, had to download them as they didn't even deserve to be saved to my computer. I told him to make a "F*CK ISIS" logo. I told him it will be used on t-shirts, so keep it simple and professional. Maybe incorporate characters into it or whatever he feels would be best to make it stand out. That was a mistake lol.

4xj5Pts.jpg

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h#1

Once I received the first one I told him it was not good and I could've done that myself in about 45 seconds. He proceeds to give me the second one, and I don't understand why he put a map of the whole world on there and marked out AK47's. I have an AK47, I guess i'm ISIS :(. Also, in the first one he didn't even censor it like I specify. There are much better artist on fiverr, if anyone wants, I will link him on here. I've used him for a few eBooks.

that first one is hilarious hahahahahah holy crap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You're not taking crazy pills, someone started a thread with a dollar amount and what seems to be a simple event. Everyone thinks they found an easy way to make a couple of grand. No work, no barrier to entry, no risk--results? A bunch of people now found a new shiny object to play with.

Took the words out of my mouth.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
FYI. I removed all the affiliate links yesterday. The fact of the matter is the OP saw an opportunity to make some affiliate cash by sharing a way to make some 'hustle' cash. Something to note... It was 9 months since his last post on this forum and hasn't been seen since Monday.
You're not taking crazy pills, someone started a thread with a dollar amount and what seems to be a simple event. Everyone thinks they found an easy way to make a couple of grand. No work, no barrier to entry, no risk--results? A bunch of people now found a new shiny object to play with.

I'm sure some will make money, for others it's something to play business with.

You can make money on the side doing this. I do view this as a hustle the same as picking up items from auctions and craigslist and reselling. Who knows, maybe the OP was doing a test to see if there was enough interest in a 'how to' product before posting it as a WSO at the WF. After all, it does come across that way ;)

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
There's a couple more at the end of the first page.
The live link themselves are not affiliate links. You'd have to copy and paste in order for it to credit the affiliate.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
This is about one notch above MLM. The people making money are the one's selling info products on how to make $10k a week selling t-shirts.

I'm tempted to start a site of all the shitty designs.
upload_2014-11-6_14-52-9.png

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Is this entire thread legit? It doesn't feel like it at all.
So all of a sudden EVERYBODY'S hopping on the idea?
Why?

haha I was thinking the same thing myself. This thread reminds me of when I was 17 years old and I thought that I would become a millionaire off of selling some custom T-shirts and Mugs that I made on Cafe Press.

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014

I'm sure some will make money, for others it's something to play business with.

This thread should be gold for having that post alone.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Why Teespring as opposed to Zazzle or Cafepress or the dozens of other customizable T-shirt companies?
What's the advantage?

I think the Kickstarter style target would create an incentive for everyone who likes your design to share on social media... therefore a good design has a potential to go viral that it wouldn't get with Zazzle or CF.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It is the infamous "t-shirt company" posts that transformed the Reddit/Entrepreneur subreddit into a low-rent cesspool of money chasing strategies.

Now there's Reddit/AdvancedEntreprneurship to counter the shift.

The thread gives me the idea to create a subforum here under "hustles" -- all in all, it sounds like a nice way for someone to get starting in marketing and perhaps make a little cash. I never have a problem with that, but do have a problem with BullShit click bait headlines which now I have reason to suspect.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
You can make money on the side doing this. I do view this as a hustle the same as picking up items from auctions and craigslist and reselling. Who knows, maybe the OP was doing a test to see if there was enough interest in a 'how to' product before posting it as a WSO at the WF. After all, it does come across that way ;)

No doubt there is money in this, but like I said most are treating it as the newest shiniest object to pursue. You most likely have to spend a couple bucks on advertising and testing, which most will not pursue--once it gets tough, or "doesn't work" out of the gate, they'll move on.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
I made a shirt for the fun of it, just to try it out. If it makes money, cool...if not i got to see how the process works. It's free.

I accidentally hit the slider to 21 shirts that have to sell in 2 weeks or it will be a failed campaign. OOPS!

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
really just an experiment for me, so far I've only gotten one sale from about 112 USD in FB ads and 1 that looks to be sold organically.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Every year around Christmas I make a few hundred bucks off of my Zazzle shirts:

http://www.zazzle.com/cherrycards/gifts?pg=1&ps=90
http://www.zazzle.com/thesavepoint
and about 2 other stores with different products.

It's not a ton of cash, but I spent a few days creating them a few years ago and they provide a nice little extra cash around christmas without marketing. If I stuck with it and did a shirt a day since then, I'd be making a fulltime living from it, I'm sure.

Stick with ANYTHING long enough and you'll excel.
Most people don't want to so they fail.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Sure, haha.

http://teespring.com/catsanta

My Facebook Ad Campaign is "active" but it hasn't "reached" anybody yet.
I drilled down on Christmas, Xmas, Cats, some other christmas related movies and also by online purchases.

I think the estimated reach per day was something like 1,000 or so.
I'm interested to see how the numbers play out.

I could see people purchasing this shirt. But then again, I could totally see people not purchasing. Time will tell.
I just got Facebook slammed with your t-shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/cUZdber.png

satez

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2013
One of the most successful and recent Teespring campaigns that I have seen using Facebook ads, is here:

:edited by Vigilante for:
trackback-spam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FastTyler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2013
I also trying now the TeeSpring campaign, Here is my campaign

:edited by Vigilante for:
trackback-spam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny how this thread is now attracting SPAM like shit attracts flies...

Ugh.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
Anyone ever eat those spam, rice, seaweed and curry things they sell at the ABC Stores in Hawaii? Delicious!

FastTyler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2013
Oh man I'm sorry about that I thought it is okay because I saw a link being posted in this thread. My Fault.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
When the Giants won the world series I made a design the following morning and had it on Teespring with a Facebook Ad running and made 1 conversion in less than 30 minutes. The campaign got taken off due to "copyright" (Even though I didn't use any official logos, just the colors) but this goes to show how powerful Facebook can be for your Teespring Campaign. I have another design I worked on for the video gaming niche, but it's not doing too hot since I haven't thought of joining pages yet!

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I tried it. Learned how Facebook Adds work, Lost $30 and a couple hours of my time. stats on the adds were 25.000 people reached, 53 actual page hit's. I don't know what a good turn over is. But I assumed it was a fail. lol I liked teespring though. You just Need a great shirt/Have photo shop. And know where the most passionate customers are hiding.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, this was my first swing. None of the shirts made it to the featured page. You must be wondering how I marketed? I used targeted niche forums and Facebook (not ads - which suck - but i joined Facebook groups that matched my target market.) Groups with more than 3,000 people had solid conversion.

join groups???? then spam them with your t-shirts?? that will last about 1-2 posts before you get booted from the group...

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I tried it. Learned how Facebook Adds work, Lost $30 and a couple hours of my time. stats on the adds were 25.000 people reached, 53 actual page hit's. I don't know what a good turn over is. But I assumed it was a fail. lol I liked teespring though. You just Need a great shirt/Have photo shop. And know where the most passionate customers are hiding.

I think my point about people "playing business" is well explained in this " I lost $30 and failed" comment.

Listen people, it takes more than a couple of days and a couple dollars to validate/invalidate an idea.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I think my point about people "playing business" is well explained in this " I lost $30 and failed" comment.
I don't want to sell T-shirts for a living. I want to learn how internet marketing works. I want to stretch my ability to grind at a god damn computer all day on a Sunday every night reading MJ's book and researching until 1 AM. chatting with website designers,manufacturers, Tax lawyer. Without going outside and smashing my Lap top. Your ego driven comment lit a massive fire under my A$$. While you sleep tonight think of me grinding and chipping away at my own success....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.