The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
No. But thats why I suggested you use my design guy here
http://trkur.com/fv/555
He does great work, same day turnaround, and I promised I would send him some business for his great work. Try him out for logo design, tshirt design, whatever design work you need.
http://trkur.com/fv/555

Am I the only one who gets redirected to a spam page from this link?
Something doesn't seem legit with this post. Looks more like promotional links than useful information.

If the designer guy is really on Fiverr, his profile will be like http://www.fiverr.com/his_username

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 22, 2014
Wisconsin
This sound like an interesting idea. I already run a humor page on Facebook and teespring could be an avenue to monetize it.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Update: Teespring ads are following me around all over the place haha

Same, after viewing the shirts I now get them as ads on this site, as well as others. Is this something Teespring does? What's the proper name for this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
D

Deleted13722

I've heard of people doing this. I meant to do this a while back but never got around to doing it.

In the past, I dunno, hour...

Created a teespring campaign.
Created a facebook ad campaign for the week.

Will be a fun / cool little test just to see what happens.
Repped you up for taking action! Keep this thread alive with your progress!!

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
What's the advantage of using Teespring, instead of creating a website with your t-shirts and sending people to it with ads?

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
What's the advantage of using Teespring, instead of creating a website with your t-shirts and sending people to it with ads?
You don't have to get t-shirts, print custom designs on them, ship them, etc. Basically you make the design, promote it, get paid. Teespring simplifies it to a quick process for the creator while taking their share.

D

Deleted13722

How much does Teespring charge you for printing/shipping the shirts?
Nothin, they just take it out of the funds at the end. You dont really see the money and they dont tell you how much they take. Try it out for yourself and you will see what we mean teespring.com

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Am I the only one who gets redirected to a spam page from this link?
Something doesn't seem legit with this post. Looks more like promotional links than useful information.

If the designer guy is really on Fiverr, his profile will be like http://www.fiverr.com/his_username
only you, the op has in error in the url once he fixes it to
trkur.com/fv/555
it will proceed to to the fiverr page

I have no idea what trkur.com is i just checked the webpage and it is entirely blank
the site hit a 2/60 on virustotal (probably for trackers)

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
You don't have to get t-shirts, print custom designs on them, ship them, etc. Basically you make the design, promote it, get paid. Teespring simplifies it to a quick process for the creator while taking their share.

Ok thanks, that makes sense.
So creating your own website would be mostly better if you're creating a brand with your t-shirts.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Ok thanks, that makes sense.
So creating your own website would be mostly better if you're creating a brand with your t-shirts.
Yes, if your interested in pursuing your own clothing brand it's probably a good idea to see if your going to be able to market clothes by using websites like teespring first.

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

http://teespring.com/unitedstatesofafrica_archive_1
http://teespring.com/panafricanalliance_archive_1
http://teespring.com/NYAMEYEOHENE_archive_2

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.

I love your idea, and think its awesome that you shared it with everyone. I hate to be negative, but I'm just curious, you said you made $2000 but I clicked on your examples and it says you sold like 9 shirts.. What am I missing? I'm sure theres an explanation. I mean you wouldn't have offered proof if you were bullshittin.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I'm also wondering the same thing... I believe you but the designs you linked to you only sold like 9 of...

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I just submitted an order to the guy OP linked on fiverr. Will give you all feedback on him tomorrow when I get the design back.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
I love your idea, and think its awesome that you shared it with everyone. I hate to be negative, but I'm just curious, you said you made $2000 but I clicked on your examples and it says you sold like 9 shirts.. What am I missing? I'm sure theres an explanation. I mean you wouldn't have offered proof if you were bullshittin.
Well, if you read the first post... the guy said he did 12 campaigns. Those 18 are form one campaign, and if the t-shirts cost $20 on average, that's $360 for that one campaign... That's how i understood it, I might be wrong.

Gitrokr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Same, after viewing the shirts I now get them as ads on this site, as well as others. Is this something Teespring does? What's the proper name for this?
Yes, that's advertising for going to teesprings website. They are called retargeting ads. Very good ROI.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
This seems a little suspicious to me. @pledgerar posted an affiliate link several times throughout this topic promoting his fiverr designer and he showed us three of his unsuccessful shirts with only 18 sales. How does that prove the $2000 profit? Apologies if I misinterpreted something.

D

Deleted13722

This seems a little suspicious to me. @pledgerar posted an affiliate link several times throughout this topic promoting his fiverr designer and he showed us three of his unsuccessful shirts with only 18 sales. How does that prove the $2000 profit? Apologies if I misinterpreted something.

- All of those shirts were successful. What are you even talking about? What you are seeing are THE REOPENED CAMPAIGNS! Since these worked so well, I reopened them to keep the ball rolling
- Affiliate link or not, try it for yourself and post your results here. Hell, do it without links. Doubt me all day, but dont doubt the validity of the info

D

Deleted13722

I just submitted an order to the guy OP linked on fiverr. Will give you all feedback on him tomorrow when I get the design back.
If you shop around and find someone better, please let us all know! Doesnt have to be my guy. I want people to take action, regardless of who they go with. Please keep us updated!

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
- All of those shirts were successful. What are you even talking about? What you are seeing are THE REOPENED CAMPAIGNS! Since these worked so well, I reopened them to keep the ball rolling
- Affiliate link or not, try it for yourself and post your results here. Hell, do it without links. Doubt me all day, but dont doubt the validity of the info
- I didn't realize "9 were sold in the original campaign" means "9 were sold in the REOPENED CAMPAIGNS".
- I don't think affiliate links are allowed.

Besides, I apologized in advance for any sort of misinterpretation, so there's no need to be so aggressive.

D

DeletedUser394

- I didn't realize "9 were sold in the original campaign" means "9 were sold in the REOPENED CAMPAIGNS".

It doesn't. You were right the first time.

Also, one of them isn't even a reopened tee, it's the original campaign (that's in danger of not meeting the quota within the next 24 hrs). Maybe OP mixed his links, or he's trying to get some more sales. In any case, he wasn't claiming he's making huge money off of this so I don't see much wrong with what he's doing.

Teespring is a good resource otherwise. I've bought in the past, not enough money on the bone for me to start selling though.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.