The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
So his comment lit a massive fire under your a$$ and 8 hours later you quit the forum, because there are too many keyboard warriors in this place?

Coming from the guy who spent 30 bucks on Facebook Ads and knows it's not working.

LMAO

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
To many keyboard warriors in this place for me. It's been fun take care!

You've found the name of your internet marketing website and brand when you make it "huge."

"The Keyboard Warriors - How to Validate a Business Idea with $30 & Facebook Advertising"

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
Put a shirt up today

http://teespring.com/wareffineaglegrunge

What type of shirts to you use?
Do you do FB ads? If so, how many spend per day?

Just as an FYI to you sports T shirt guys, this campaign didn't get funded and I was cool with that. Just an experiment. But, i received an email from teespring saying they got a cease and desist letter and thats the thing about sports T shirts and accessories, you have NO CONTROL. While nothing in my campaign referenced the university, it was familiar enough that it could be called on.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
You've found the name of your internet marketing website and brand when you make it "huge."

"The Keyboard Warriors - How to Validate a Business Idea with $30 & Facebook Advertising"

I can't run my mouth to someone I've never met. I can't do it. How do you live with yourself posting half witted remarks ONLINE? Your reply stinks of (I didn't even take the time to read the message before making a dumb a$$ comment) I deal with 30-40 Big personality F$&king Assholes 10 hours a day. 6 days a week. Most of them a lot scarier than what I'm seeing rite now!! I deal with Millionaire customers who Assume there wealth has some sort of godliness come along with it. There idiots with a niche. Not ALL just some.
I screwed around a bit with Tee spring. when I wasn't working on something that is much bigger and better. I don't give two F*cks about Tee spring. or anyone on this forum who thinks talking tough on a FORUM is a manly thing. It's an ego boost. Ridiculous! I'm New to the whole computer world. People talking shit over the computer sets me off like you can clearly see. And Unless someone boots me. I'll just absorb the great info. and not comment to much.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
People talking shit over the computer sets me off like you can clearly see.

That's called "trolling", and there are many people who do it to get exactly the kind of rise out of their victims that you just displayed. The guys over at Penny Arcade explained it best:

4fc.jpg

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
After reading this thread I made a quick t-shirt campaign about 1-2 weeks ago in a car related niche and so far I have 14 sales which teespring is telling me is a ~$70 profit. No money spent on advertising, I just posted in a few fb groups related to the shirt and also in 2 subreddits on reddit. Most of the sales came after I posted onto reddit. Once the reddit thread died down and my post moved off the front page of the subreddit, sales stopped.

There is still a few days left in the teespring campaign but I haven't had any more sales. Not sure what other ways to market it, but hey at least it made a few bucks.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
After reading this thread I made a quick t-shirt campaign about 1-2 weeks ago in a car related niche and so far I have 14 sales which teespring is telling me is a ~$70 profit. No money spent on advertising, I just posted in a few fb groups related to the shirt and also in 2 subreddits on reddit. Most of the sales came after I posted onto reddit. Once the reddit thread died down and my post moved off the front page of the subreddit, sales stopped.

There is still a few days left in the teespring campaign but I haven't had any more sales. Not sure what other ways to market it, but hey at least it made a few bucks.
My Rookie opinion: You have 14 sales with Minimal Ad time & potential profit, at 0 zero cost. If $20 won't break your bank Facebook Ads are dirt cheap.

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
Good idea. I am a rookie when it comes to FB ads so it may not be very effective...but there is only one way to find out and learn!

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Dialing in your most passionate customers seems to be the key. When you create your Add look carefully for the keyword/tag section. Words or phrases relating to your most passionate customers are going to work the best. I had my Adds show on just under 25 thousand computers/smart phones. 53 people viewed the actual product. you have people buying already.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I used free marketing methods for my campaigns, First shirt was Alex from Target shirt, a newest teenagers fad, I copied successful design that sold 31/20 in 24hrs and modified it a little bit, I used Instagram to manually like relevant photos and wrote comments encouraging to check out my profiles website, I also posted on open FB groups, results: 23 followers on Instagram, lots of likes (I posted photos showing the shirts, made 3 different designs) and comments "wow I have to get this" "its great!" etc

Sales: 0

I also upgraded other design based on TV serial "Scandal", posted only on FB groups and fanpages, I also wrote to mods of these fanpages If they would want to cooperate and make some money in the process. No responses.

Sales: 0

What went wrong? I guess everything, I had no significant traffic, I guess with FB ads the outcome would be way different. Niches seemed to be popular because I only upgraded designs that reached their goal in just 24h and continued to sell more. Also comments confirmed people liked the designs but no sales shows audience either had no money, or wasn't excited THAT much to actually buy it.
But all in all Traffic is a king in this game (well, traffic is a king in everything, both online and offline)

Last edited:

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
I can't run my mouth to someone I've never met. I can't do it. How do you live with yourself posting half witted remarks ONLINE? Your reply stinks of (I didn't even take the time to read the message before making a dumb a$$ comment) I deal with 30-40 Big personality F$&king Assholes 10 hours a day. 6 days a week. Most of them a lot scarier than what I'm seeing rite now!! I deal with Millionaire customers who Assume there wealth has some sort of godliness come along with it. There idiots with a niche. Not ALL just some.
I screwed around a bit with Tee spring. when I wasn't working on something that is much bigger and better. I don't give two F*cks about Tee spring. or anyone on this forum who thinks talking tough on a FORUM is a manly thing. It's an ego boost. Ridiculous! I'm New to the whole computer world. People talking shit over the computer sets me off like you can clearly see. And Unless someone boots me. I'll just absorb the great info. and not comment to much.

Well I hope they are scarier.. this is the internet. Welcome to it.

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
Dialing in your most passionate customers seems to be the key. When you create your Add look carefully for the keyword/tag section. Words or phrases relating to your most passionate customers are going to work the best. I had my Adds show on just under 25 thousand computers/smart phones. 53 people viewed the actual product. you have people buying already.

Took your advice and started an ad campaign on FB with $25. Just got another sale right now (15 sales total now) so perhaps it may be working! TeeSpring says profit = $81 right now.

Edit: another sale just popped up, so 16 sales now. FB ad seems to be working. Working slowly...but working haha.

Last edited:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
My tshirt ended up at 20 sales with $120 profit in 14 days total. Tshirt price was $16.50.

I spent about $45 in FB ads and posted it on reddit and thats pretty much it.
I read your comment earlier today, just read it again now and have spent the last 20 minutes searching on /r/entrepreneur for a new teespring post...don't know why the second time I read it I thought your numbers and stuff to reddit. I need some midday coffee.

Asaad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto
This sounds like a good idea, i am going to get in on this and brain storm ideas. So far, pumping FB ads seems like the way to go.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I just started a new campaign, seeing how this goes. Only set it for a week, and am going to spend $100 on FB ads for the week. Tapping into two fairly passionate markets with a simple design.

Last edited:

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
Yeah, the campaign only needed 10 shirts to go into production.

However the campaign just got suspended right now, even though it had already finished and "gone into production" as of today. The tshirt has no copyrighted material on it at all. The title of the tshirt did have the word Mazda in it though so I am not sure if that caused them to suspend it. Oops!

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
Not sure if FB has the same mechanism for page likes and ads, but if you haven't watched this video, I encourage EVERYONE who pays FB, to watch it

On the other hand, I am gonna try this teespring thing. I had a great idea reading the post : go to the FB account of the funniest people that I know, find statuses that are funny as hell and try to figure if X status could be made into a t-shirt. I already have a nice idea for Christmas presents, I will post it if I make it ^_^

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, this was my first swing. None of the shirts made it to the featured page. You must be wondering how I marketed? I used targeted niche forums and Facebook (not ads - which suck - but i joined Facebook groups that matched my target market.) Groups with more than 3,000 people had solid conversion.

Very interesting idea. I think I am going to try this.

BradJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 21, 2014
Yeah, the campaign only needed 10 shirts to go into production.

However the campaign just got suspended right now, even though it had already finished and "gone into production" as of today. The tshirt has no copyrighted material on it at all. The title of the tshirt did have the word Mazda in it though so I am not sure if that caused them to suspend it. Oops!

So how did this turn out? Did they unsuspend your shirt? did you get paid?

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
The campaign was successful, I got paid my 100'ish dollars, the shirts were printed and sent out to the buyers, but they did not un-suspend the campaign after that. I asked them the reason and they said it was just because my campaign title contained the word mazda.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I might just give this a shot.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Personally know some. Again, some are spending 5-10K on ads a day so yeah

This should be emphasized. There's a world of difference between $50-$100 a day and $5k-$10k. At my day job the only marketing they do is PPC ads, and it keeps a room full of agents busy handling inbound sales - but they also spend over $2M a year on ads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.