The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
I follow the founder behind the Doyoueven.com on Facebook. I believe he started out in the same way and made his tees and stringers popular through Facebook and memes. Now he mass produces and designs his own gym apparel and supplements.

It can be a hustle, but it could also be turned into something so much more

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hestati

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 14, 2014
San Diego, Cali
How is the quality of these shirts by T-Spring?

I wanted to start T-shirts business with Peruvian pima cotton (best cotton out there), but MOQ is 10000 shirts... I wish Teespring had Pima in stock.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I follow the founder behind the Doyoueven.com on Facebook. I believe he started out in the same way and made his tees and stringers popular through Facebook and memes. Now he mass produces and designs his own gym apparel and supplements.

It can be a hustle, but it could also be turned into something so much more

pineapplebrah (owner of doyoueven) is a huge douche. Kind of glad facebook changed there feed algorithms because it messed up his operation big time. He has been known to steal designs, and leave them up when asked to take them down, and he threatens to sue people when they take his designs. Hes got it pretty good, but lacks integrity so I have no respect for him.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
pineapplebrah (owner of doyoueven) is a huge douche. Kind of glad facebook changed there feed algorithms because it messed up his operation big time. He has been known to steal designs, and leave them up when asked to take them down, and he threatens to sue people when they take his designs. Hes got it pretty good, but lacks integrity so I have no respect for him.
aware
he is very much a douche

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Cool thread, I might have a stab at this for a bit of fun

Anyone have tips for brainstorming niches to target? I understand that the nurse and electrical engineer niche were/are popular.

You can also search through the most popular campaigns here: http://teeview.phatograph.com/
could check out that thread posted here recently that listed 750 popular subreddits

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
As long as you arent being scummy by copying someone elses designs, you should be fine
Is there any way to protect against an outsourced designer copying someone's design, that you would then be held responsible for?

Anyone in the UK had success with Teespring?

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Say I sell 100 shirts. How much do I make approximately? 10$?

How many shirts did you sell in your campaigns?

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Yeah I've seen the few threads on misc which accused him of copying designs. I only followed him to better understand his process, don't like the guy personally

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Say I sell 100 shirts. How much do I make approximately? 10$?

How many shirts did you sell in your campaigns?

Go to Teespring, start a campaign, and check it out yourself. It's free and only takes a minute. And it's the only way to really answer your question since you can set prices, order quantities, etc.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Yeah I've seen the few threads on misc which accused him of copying designs. I only followed him to better understand his process, don't like the guy personally
Banned from the misc, don't ever wanna go back.

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013
Some good stuff. I've been looking for a new hustle to try and fund my main business. I'll actually give this a try this week.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Awesome thread, I have tried teespring before but have not had any success yet. I will be grinding it out hard to see if I can come up with some results, and scale from there. Seems like a great little hustle.

Just made my first one. Check it out: http://teespring.com/noshaveboston

Combining the trend of No Shave November, with the Boston bruins, and playoff hockey. It may be a stretch, but I created it just to get an idea out there and tested. I'll run like $5-$10 of Facebook ads and see what's up. Not expecting this to go anywhere, but I'll improve on the next one. Thanks for the thread.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Awesome thread, I have tried teespring before but have not had any success yet. I will be grinding it out hard to see if I can come up with some results, and scale from there. Seems like a great little hustle.

Combining the trend of No Shave November, with the Boston bruins, and playoff hockey. It may be a stretch, but I created it just to get an idea out there and tested. I'll run like $5-$10 of Facebook ads and see what's up. Not expecting this to go anywhere, but I'll improve on the next one. Thanks for the thread.

Only issue I see with that is...by the time they get their shirt it will be December.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I'm going with this too, I was researching teespring stuff in the summer but never gave it a shot (since you need $$ for ads)
Yesterday made a shirt for some newest fad, 13 followers in 2hours on instagram and 0 sales yet.
Time to hit pintrest and fb, maybe I will copy some other successful design that sold more than 5 units in 24hrs (Thanks @SJVC)

Will post results, since I'm doing this without any budget

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for making this thread, really interesting stuff!

I was just wondering how exactly you promoted your t-shirts on forums and Facebook groups? eg. did you just make a thread saying "check out these cool t-shirts I found?". How actually did you go about it?

Cheers.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Everyone is so interested in how to promote this on facebook. I wouldn't waste my time. I'll point out that big money could be had by promoting a tshirt design on instagram. Find large follower accounts that do sponsored posts. Lots of posts here on the forum recently about how to do this.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
can you post the design?
Here they are, had to download them as they didn't even deserve to be saved to my computer. I told him to make a "F*CK ISIS" logo. I told him it will be used on t-shirts, so keep it simple and professional. Maybe incorporate characters into it or whatever he feels would be best to make it stand out. That was a mistake lol.

4xj5Pts.jpg

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h#1

Once I received the first one I told him it was not good and I could've done that myself in about 45 seconds. He proceeds to give me the second one, and I don't understand why he put a map of the whole world on there and marked out AK47's. I have an AK47, I guess i'm ISIS :(. Also, in the first one he didn't even censor it like I specify. There are much better artist on fiverr, if anyone wants, I will link him on here. I've used him for a few eBooks.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Is this entire thread legit? It doesn't feel like it at all.
So all of a sudden EVERYBODY'S hopping on the idea?
Why?

Selling T-shirts for a quick profit is nothing new,
and print-on-demand's been around a while.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL HERE? Why is there buzz about this site?

Why Teespring as opposed to Zazzle or Cafepress or the dozens of other customizable T-shirt companies?
What's the advantage?

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
Here they are, had to download them as they didn't even deserve to be saved to my computer. I told him to make a "F*CK ISIS" logo. I told him it will be used on t-shirts, so keep it simple and professional. Maybe incorporate characters into it or whatever he feels would be best to make it stand out. That was a mistake lol.

4xj5Pts.jpg

Once I received the first one I told him it was not good and I could've done that myself in about 45 seconds. He proceeds to give me the second one, and I don't understand why he put a map of the whole world on there and marked out AK47's. I have an AK47, I guess i'm ISIS :(. Also, in the first one he didn't even censor it like I specify. There are much better artist on fiverr, if anyone wants, I will link him on here. I've used him for a few eBooks.

Those are GARBAGE designs. Looks like those "quality" designs were made on Windows Paint software. Great idea though! lol

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

4xj5Pts.jpg

Slim couldn't even get the font and the flag to match colors. I guess you get what you pay for...

tahowell2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 1, 2014
As someone who frequents Teespring and sells, some advice: First your design is great and the Boston Bruins fans are a great market to go after (they are very passionate). From my experience though,

1. People don't buy white shirts on teespring. That's just how it is. They want options in other colors not white.

2. You set your campaign length WAY too long. It takes 10-14 days to ship shirts from a successful campaign and so people will be waiting over a month to receive a shirt. They'll be turned off by the 21 day campaign. Week long campaigns are the most optimal.

3. Your description is too long and pushed your actual purchasing button off the initial screen. The customers have to scroll to find the button now to buy the shirt. You're going to lose some sales that way. Keep it short and sweet.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA

What value is there in wearing one of your shirts? Not judging, just asking.

Look at the reddit post I linked. There are a number of messages that shirt is sending--I'm a scientist (reddit right) I'm against the rules (cool for college) I'm aware of scifi and superpowers--they are all part of presenting an image and making conversation.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Is this entire thread legit? It doesn't feel like it at all.
So all of a sudden EVERYBODY'S hopping on the idea?
Why?

Selling T-shirts for a quick profit is nothing new,
and print-on-demand's been around a while.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL HERE? Why is there buzz about this site?

Why Teespring as opposed to Zazzle or Cafepress or the dozens of other customizable T-shirt companies?
What's the advantage?

You're not taking crazy pills, someone started a thread with a dollar amount and what seems to be a simple event. Everyone thinks they found an easy way to make a couple of grand. No work, no barrier to entry, no risk--results? A bunch of people now found a new shiny object to play with.

I'm sure some will make money, for others it's something to play business with.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Someone makes a topic like this in order to sell his own shirts, posts affiliate links to make some extra money and he somehow gets over two dozen likes while others with a lot more value in their topics receive little to no attention. They're just t-shirts. Don't get too excited over them.

I'm surprised so many people were "tricked" in believing him. This is a Progress Thread with absolutely no progress in it.

D

DeletedUser394

Someone makes a topic like this in order to sell his own shirts, posts affiliate links to make some extra money and he somehow gets over two dozen likes while others with a lot more value in their topics receive little to no attention. They're just t-shirts. Don't get too excited over them.

I'm surprised so many people were "tricked" in believing him. This is a Progress Thread with absolutely no progress in it.

Correct again.

Rep+

He also falsely claimed to have successful 'reprints' and posted 3 links, none of which made it to reprint, and one of which was even a first time offering which sold only 1 shirt haha.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.