The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Procrastination"

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
Let's debunk the myth of procrastination also here, on the Fastlane Forum... It is so guilt-driven and feels for me as sitting on the "constant hustle and grind" culture, right next to "you will rest in the grave, don't be lazy"...

I am not a person to tell anyone what they should or should not do. These things are very personal processes. These are simply my thoughts on "procrastination" I share in the hope to inspire and hopefully evoke some discussions.

I watched lately a video that sparked this idea in my mind - why beat yourself up for "procrastinating" and did it even helped in the past?

What if instead of "pushing through it" just simply letting things gently fall on the floor, rest, and then take a look at everything from a fresh perspective?

I watched the video :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Smur2dH3k&list=WL&index=26

Oxford dictionary definition for trauma is "a deeply distressing or disturbing experience.". In the hive mind, we carry the definition of trauma as something huge, like a bomb attack or car crash. And trauma can be even dealing with a toxic person, who creates certain images in mind, simply to further manipulate the state of the implemented illusion of life threat. It is a more common tactic than it should be. Or... being raised in an environment that cultivates the idea that "having your own business is risky and unpredictable!".

Perhaps trying once and it doesn't go as planned. Ok, it went wrong. Then in the next attempt whole body screams "don't make me go through it again!". I mean - I felt like it. Beating up myself in my mind for "procrastinating" didn't move things forward (how so??).

What are the Fastlaners thoughts on procrastination?

I would say - healthy discipline is necessary to become good at anything new. Yet it should not be motivated by the internal terror of guilt, the shame of "being viewed as a failure" or more things from this cute family. Oh, like "what if I will be seen as I was wrong? what if I was wrong all along?" I mean admitting to yourself that you are pushing in the wrong direction. It might take off a huge weight from the shoulders. And help to move in the right direction of taking action (and by accident deleting "procrastinating").

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• VID-20190424-WA0018.mp4
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
My understanding is that procrastination is simply people delaying to do what they know they should do. And the reason is because they don’t feel like doing it because of the discomfort.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.