• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION Path to creating a digital product

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by • nikita •, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Rhino

Rhino Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $194
    I think you might of missed two letters :clench:

2. srodrigo

srodrigo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $428
    I mean rent prices, which last time I checked (around 2-3 years ago) were about 40% lower than in London. But maybe that's changed recently?

I agree that beers can be expensive haha. And food even a bit more expensive, as distribution costs are probably higher than in the capital.

Bristol was just and example (as I know it better than other cities apart from London), but any (safe) place close to London but cheaper could suit you.

• nikita • likes this.
  3. • nikita •

• nikita • Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    Thanks!!
    I'm focused on making this app succeed. I've had some fleeting ideas for new apps but I've stayed loyal to this one because it has the most potential. I sometimes feel down that I haven't made much money yet but... to think that last year exactly at this time I was jotting down ideas for businesses, halfway through TMF...

4. • nikita •

• nikita • Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    Pretty much any place is cheaper to rent than London. Though for everything else I find it's quite affordable (unless you're in the city centre).

srodrigo likes this.
  5. • nikita •

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    Decided to quit my job by mid-December. It's an easy job and I make good money for the amount of work I do but it leaves me too tired and stressed to work on my app. I'm risking a lot but I can't continue like this. I don't give a sh*t about my boss's business and they're dropping people like flies anyway.

Let's see if I actually do it though.

Chapas, Rhino and srodrigo like this.
  6. • nikita •

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    Made some major updates to my app recently, going to be refining my ads today and tomorrow so I can get sales increasing again.

Past few months have been terrible for me. My mental health is so bad it's scary. I've been unproductive as f*ck. I'm already depressed and lonely, and the bad weather is making it worse. God damn it this is hell.

7. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,046
    Not sure if it will help you but try to recall something positive about your app.
    Maybe like your first Sub or the moment you ware most proud of.

Also make a brake from developing. Go to movie or coffeehouse to do something
    unrelated to your biz. Watch people walking by, without any purpose
    or do window shopping.

Best wishes to you on your path.

• nikita • and Andy Black like this.
  8. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,772
    Have you any feedback loops to keep your spirits up? Subscribers? Customers? Positive feedback about how you’ve helped someone?

• nikita • likes this.
  9. • nikita •

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    Occasionally some money comes in when a user's trial ends and that makes me happy. But it's not the app that's making me depressed, it's just other things in my life that are affecting my productivity.

Andy Black likes this.
  10. • nikita •

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    Making some money with the app, but it's either a few $$ below how much I'm spending on advertising (so no profit), or it equals the amount I spend. A bit demotivating. It's difficult to make effective FB ads because FB doesn't like you sounding too "personal" in your ads so users don't feel like we're directly targeting them -- especially with sensitive topics like mental health. All my ads with words like "mental health", "stress" or "you" are immediately disapproved. I know that with the right advertising I can make this successful -- but with my small budget and experience, it's difficult.

In the meanwhile, I've almost completed another app. It took me maybe 2 weeks and it'll be easier to market. I think it'll be quite a fast process churning through apps like this. If I spend a month on an app (creating, advertising) until something works, then that'll be good. I just want something to work. I hate working hard and getting nothing.

Rhino and Legend like this.
  11. Rhino

Rhino Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $194
    Are you doing any other form of marketing other than paid ads? It might be worth doing some content marketing on your apps website to try and drive some extra visitors to it that way.

You need to try and make your brand an authority on mental health or anxiety. If you create enough good content then you can use this content to push people to your app. It’ll give you some good SEO benefits as well and it’ll mean you don’t have to pay so much in add costs to get people to your app

• nikita • and Andy Black like this.
  12. • nikita •

Rep Bank:
    $1,187
    I'm cross promoting my apps, so every app links to my other ones. I used to promote my app on reddit through messaging people, reaching out on Twitter, and so on. But I found that FB ads gave the most amount of users, and were the best use of my time.

I'm still unsure on content marketing. It seems to take too much time for too little results. The hours I spend writing content could be spent improving my ads or making other apps.

Gutzofter likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.