The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinions for my new business idea. Tell me what you think.

Idea threads

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi Guys,

So I am currently working on a new project and I am doing this to get into a whole new world of entrepreneurship.
I decided to start a clothing brand (for now t-shirts and sweaters) specially for entrepreneurs. They come with text on them that has a fastlane mindset into it. I just need some feedback on what you guys think of the brand name, product, and the pricing.

Brand name: Arthur Redline (redline stands for hitting the rev limiter)
Product: High quality t-shirts and sweaters with fastlane text on them (see example)
Pricing: I'am thinking of targetting successfull entrepreneurs (so high pricing to keep it exclusive) 80euros for t shirts and around 140 for the sweaters.

Here a few examples: Just let me know what you think and if you have any tips to improve on the idea.
@MJ DeMarco - would love to hear your opinion on it too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Arthur Redline.jpg
    Arthur Redline.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 39
  • winners are forged at the redline.jpg
    winners are forged at the redline.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 42
  • no job no boss no alarm clock.jpg
    no job no boss no alarm clock.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
This is great.

It works as Motivation for those people who wants to become entrepreneur

You should collect feedback by testing and selling near any entrepreneur club wherever you are in the Europe.

Did you put first letter intentionally as small letter? or just to catch attention?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Seems more likely that wantrepreneurs would wear these.
I don’t personally think entrepreneurs buy this type of stuff

payingkarma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Sep 16, 2019
I wouldn't be interested.. but I know there is a crowd for these type of stuff..

The ones following motivational gurus..

Now you need to think of a low $ item to attract and capture email. Whoever buys proves they are the wannabes and you should hit with more products to Satisfy their needs...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ugh, not for me. I don't know if successful entrepreneurs would wear stuff like this. Seems more like it's targeted towards starting entrepreneurs or wanna bees. Would be a much better brand if you had a successful youtube channel to go along with it.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
My honest first impression...

The shirts cost way to much for what they are and the design is to basic.

Basic t-shirts that sell for a lot of money typically only do so when connected to a larger brand of which follows tie their identities too.

Without a large following already I doubt you will have a lot of success moving these shirts, especially at that price point.

If you are dead set on designing and selling shirts to entrepreneurs then perhaps you could contact people who have a following and work out some sort of deal. You design them shirts their followers would like and handle all the shipping and fulfillment and have a split of the profits.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I would definitely wear the hoodie that says "Arthur Redline."
The name sounds premium, and the minimalist design is effective.

The other stuff is not for me.
I doubt the majority of "successful entrepreneurs" would wear stuff like that. It's pretty amateur hour.
Except you rebrand it as custom orders, where they pick their own words or phrases.

What I'd suggest is partnering with guru types with large followings. Then create shirts with their buzzwords and phrases for their audience. Be their merch guy, with a profit sharing deal.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Agree with @biophase These are products you target at Gary V and Tai Lopez followers. No one who’s actually successful would wear these or even post hype up motivational quotes.

Charge $40 and throw Gary V type quotes on them and post pics of you on IG next to lambos holding a handful of 100’s.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Agree with @biophase These are products you target at Gary V and Tai Lopez followers. No one who’s actually successful would wear these or even post hype up motivational quotes.

Charge $40 and throw Gary V type quotes on them and post pics of you on IG next to lambos holding a handful of 100’s.

Don't forget the hot ladies holding glasses of champagne. :cool:

D

DeletedUser0287

Although I like Gary Vee advice, I hate that majority of his audience are just wantrepreneurs.

Wouldn’t wear these shirts either even if I saw a highly influential entrepreneur wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019

I could see MLM guys buying shirts like this. Find instagram and FB pages where MLM guys congregate and some shirts like that could maybe be moved.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'm not paying you 80 euros for a Merch by Amazon or CafePress shirt that has something I would never say on it.

On the other hand I may or may not fit into your idea of "successful entrepreneur"

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I'm with most here.
As one of the important stuff to learn in business is discretion, I wouldn't wear a shirt that told of who I am or what intentions I have to people I don't know.

During my process as an entrepreneur,
1. I wore paint stained or holed clothes. As an artist they were my "working clothes", I ended up having all my wardrobe like this. It was my way of unconsciously saying "I don't care for appearance/mundane things, my goals are deeper than that". One of the goals was not spending money on unnecessary stuff, so I avoided buying a lot of clothes and instead I wore the same t-shirts and pants until they wore out.
- An exception to that was when I decided to stop buying from big clothing chains. I spent quite a lot of money on fair trade clothing.

2. When I knew I was in the early stages of a depression, I understood that this whole "clothing doesn't go with me" was a way of self-harm, attacking an important part of me (the image I project to others).

Since then I stopped wearing my stained clothes for normal events.
Now my wardrobe consists of normal clothing, plain t-shirts and gray/black trousers, a discreet but clean appearance, also because I work in a high school and I don't want the kids to have a badly groomed teacher.

I feel most entrepreneurs differentiate clothing in two types:
1. Something I wear not to be naked/cold
2. A costume/uniform that serves a purpose (let's say a suit for business meetings, or a shirt/dockers that communicates formality and seriousness to a potential business partner).

Sorry for the long post! Hope it is useful to someone.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I'm trying to think of anything constructive, but I'm drawing a blank. My last shirt with words on it purchase was to support some facebook page...

How about something totally different, like a hoodie with built in water proof speakers or something for working outside?

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi Guys,

Thx a lot for your feedback. Some of my friends said the same things as you did. Its not what real successfull people would wear. And you guys confirmed it. Hope MJ reacts to this as well, but i think he might say the same thing as most of you.

It was a fun project, I havent launched it, I was just getting opinions and developing it. Also prices are not fixed it was more of what I tought I could sell them for.

I think Ill focus on solving needs, I am better at that. I just tought it would be a fun project to start and it might even take off. But I dont want to sell to wantrepreneurs. I will let gurus do that shit. I want to grow in a legit company that provides value.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thx a lot for your feedback. Some of my friends said the same things as you did. Its not what real successfull people would wear. And you guys confirmed it. Hope MJ reacts to this as well, but i think he might say the same thing as most of you.

It was a fun project, I havent launched it, I was just getting opinions and developing it. Also prices are not fixed it was more of what I tought I could sell them for.

I think Ill focus on solving needs, I am better at that. I just tought it would be a fun project to start and it might even take off. But I dont want to sell to wantrepreneurs. I will let gurus do that shit. I want to grow in a legit company that provides value.
+1 for doing some sort of market research before dedicating a ton of time and money.

Now you are free to find your next really good idea! Keep it up.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
You might want to check out the brand called Startup Vitamins as a fairly successful example of what you're trying to do.

I had a boss who wore their shirts every day, sent employees their mugs as surprise gifts, and had various posters etc in his office.

So it can be done.

What matters is the execution.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Congrats on taking some action and smart enough to ask for opinions my friend.

First impression...low impact. There are case studies of people that did have a Tshirt hit... but only after too many fails to count.

I am big on imagery so those particular ones are a big yawn for me personally but you are just beginning....for all we know you may become the Tshirt King.

Also opinions are great but you got to go stronger....follow the trails of successful Tshirtpreneurs. Read their stories, observe the hit shirts and why.

Success leaves Education.

That is a Tshirt I just made up. :) But I would put some type of catchy and or humorous graphic along with it. Like a path that had numerous brick walls crashed into then a glorious finish.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Seems more likely that wantrepreneurs would wear these.
I don’t personally think entrepreneurs buy this type of stuff
Look at the 'likes' for this comment!
Now, how do you market to wantrepreneurs?
I took one look and thought this could appeal to under 23-year-old guys and gals. It could also appeal to older wannabees in emergent economies.
You could consider licensing to some horrible MLM group.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.