The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Business Ideas For Newbies

Idea threads

A. Rodriguez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 5, 2018
Nigeria
Everyone successful person started from somewhere. There are a lot of young entrepreneurs around the forum who are willing to do what it takes to succeed in their entrepreneurial pursuits. I'm one of them and it is a privilege to have known about the fastlane as a teenager.

Heading straight to the point I'm 17. And I'm very obsessed with entrepreneurship. I've read TMF and unscripted . I'm also taking action and being committed towards building a successful business.

I know a lot of people here have built six figure income starting from nothing. While that's my long term goal, I'm aiming to earn at least $1000/mo from my blogging business.

I'm very web savvy but I find it difficult to generate an income from my blog. I know a lot of people in this forum have built blogs that is earning far above my target and those are the kind of people I plead to help me out.

I need suggestions on SEO techniques that work since majority of people in my niche use search engines to find information I offer. I also would love to know how to rake in good income from Google Adsense Thanks a lot.

PS: Not a money-chaser.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

WealthChaser

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
Welcome to the forum!

I am far from a main player in this forum, but I find that most of the regulars around here will respond if you do some basic research into SEO and then hit the forum with your specific questions. Keep in mind most of the people you want feedback from have already reached financial independence and do not want to "work" to tell you how to do every step in SEO.

With that being said, one of my favorite people on this forum for SEO and Google Adwords (although def. not the only one) is @Andy Black

He has been kind enough to point me in the right direction a few different time. As the welcome thread stated, check out the Gold and Notable threads and I am sure you will find some detailed information.

Again, welcome to the forum, and good luck :)

A. Rodriguez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 5, 2018
Nigeria
I
Welcome to the forum!

I am far from a main player in this forum, but I find that most of the regulars around here will respond if you do some basic research into SEO and then hit the forum with your specific questions. Keep in mind most of the people you want feedback from have already reached financial independence and do not want to "work" to tell you how to do every step in SEO.

With that being said, one of my favorite people on this forum for SEO and Google Adwords (although def. not the only one) is @Andy Black

He has been kind enough to point me in the right direction a few different time. As the welcome thread stated, check out the Gold and Notable threads and I am sure you will find some detailed information.

Again, welcome to the forum, and good luck :)
I know basic SEO very well.But I want to learn from the experiences of those who have been able to scale a blog via SEO and also build reasonable income from it.Thanks

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Blogging with the goal of simply earning 1000/month is pure money chasing.

What value does your blog provide?
Who does it provide value to?

Figure out those 2 answers, and money will chase you, instead of the other way around.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There’s a Gold thread about blogging in here somewhere.

Making $1k/mth from Adsense?

Best advice I heard about making money with Adsense was to not use Adsense. If you’re getting visitors, think of other ways of helping them?

I don’t do SEO, but I do get visitors from Google for my clients.

I write every day, but not on a blog.

I help people regularly, but not by them clicking ads on my site to leave.

A. Rodriguez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 5, 2018
Nigeria
There’s a Gold thread a it blogging in here somewhere.

Making $1k/mth from Adsense?

Best advice I heard about making money with Adsense was to not use Adsense. If you’re getting visitors, think of other ways of helping them?

PS: I don’t do SEO, but I do get visitors from Google.
This is my first attempt to build a cashflowing Internet business. I guess AdSense is just like a stepping stone to other streams of income. Perhaps if I find a way to hit my target, I can consider better ways to monetize my traffic.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
By the way, kudos for thinking about this at all at the age of 17.

Here's that blogging post I mentioned earlier:

Here's a call I had with @TedM:

If you have some subject matter expertise, then why not go help people where they are already?

If you enjoy writing in that vertical, maybe consider getting paid to write?
@SinisterLex has lots of threads about making money as a freelance copywriter.

Some Maths:
  • Assume 1% of visitors to your site click an ad to leave.
  • Assume your earning per Adsense click is $0.10.
  • Your effective earning per visitor is $0.01.
  • You'll need 100,000 NEW visitors every month to make $1k/mth.
I say NEW, because you've monetised by visitors clicking an ad to *leave* your site.

The most important formula in business is R+R=Profit (Repeat Business plus Referrals). How many of those visitors who've just left your site can you get back to your site so you can help them again?

This is my first attempt to build a cashflowing Internet business. I guess AdSense is just like a stepping stone to other streams of income. Perhaps if I find a way to hit my target, I can consider better ways to monetize my traffic.
Check out this whole thread:

In particular, whenever someone talks of traffic instead of visitors, I think of this post in that thread:

Your language does indicate you're focused on making money and not on helping people:
This is my first attempt to build a cashflowing Internet business. I guess AdSense is just like a stepping stone to other streams of income. Perhaps if I find a way to hit my target [which is $1k/mth], I can consider better ways to monetize my traffic.

Can you rephrase that as being about the people you're trying to help?

Who are you helping?

What are you helping them with?

How will you do it?

Hint: Answer those three questions as if someone just asked you at the coffee counter. You're then well on your way to having an "elevator pitch" (a term I dislike btw because it's about "pitching", but helpful to define for yourself).

Good luck!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have you read MJ’s books yet?

Please SEARCH before posting.