The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

The Most Important Formula in Business

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

(Read more here.)

Transcript

Hi, this is Andy Black

In this video, you will learn about The Search Sales Funnel and the single most important formula in business.

If you’re running a paid search campaign, then you have “searches” at the top of your sales funnel. This is the number of searches performed by people on a search engine.

Your ads receive “impressions” when they are shown in the search results. If your impression share was 50%, then your ads were only shown half the time they could have shown.

When someone “clicks” on your ad, they end up visiting your “website”. With all this talk of clicks and traffic, it’s easy to forget that clicks are actually “visitors”. To be successful with paid search you need to remember that you’re not buying clicks, you’re buying visitors.

If your offer is interesting enough your visitors might convert into “leads”. They could ring you, complete your “Contact Us” form, get a quote, or sign up to your email list.

Or they might skip this step entirely and go straight to the next step, and become a “buyer”.

It’s always good to think of that first purchase as a test. If you pass the test, you stand a chance of converting that one-off buyer into a “customer” … which is just a “repeat buyer”.

If this customer is really satisfied, they might become a “referrer” for you, where they recommend your product or service to other people.

They may even end up becoming a “champion” for your business, where they go out of their way to protect your brand, and promote your business.

So what’s the most important formula in business?

Well, it’s “R + R = Profit” … where R + R is Repeat business, and Referrals

The front end of your sales funnel is where most of your customer acquisition costs are.

Yet most of your revenue can come from a good back-end to your sales funnel,
where you provide such value to your buyers that they make it a custom of buying from you … and refer you to other people.

If the front-end of your sales funnel ran break-even, then any revenue afterwards will be mostly profit.

That’s partly what “R + R = Profit” means.

But the formula stands for more than that.

The real insight is that you can only build a profitable business when you add such value that people come back to buy more from you, and then recommend you to their friends.

The key takeaway for you is that you will never get repeat business or referrals if you’re not adding value.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2014
ANDY, you have a great voice for this stuff!

It is really starting to look like you are going to be unstoppable!

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Andy, great post. Thank you very much.

~Phil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs
Thanks for more great info Andy. You have the ability to break complex things down into simple terms. This skill will take you far!!!

PedroG

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Awesome!

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Make a show called "Andy's Talks" and you'd have the majority of all active members on these forums watching you. throw so ads on there + ??? = profit?

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Great!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Make a show called "Andy's Talks" and you'd have the majority of all active members on these forums watching you. throw so ads on there + ??? = profit?
Hmmm... Last week someone outside the forum told me to create an "Andy's Corner" on YouTube or something. I've been giving it some thought... I do love writing, and I also love flipcharts and "chalk and talk". I might be able to get more content out that way... I have so many posts/threads in my head that I feel it will pop if I don't get some of it out there.

@SinisterLex has a corner already. (Way to go Lex!)

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Hmmm... Last week someone outside the forum told me to create an "Andy's Corner" on YouTube or something. I've been giving it some thought... I do love writing, and I also love flipcharts and "chalk and talk". I might be able to get more content out that way... I have so many posts/threads in my head that I feel it will pop if I don't get some of it out there.

@SinisterLex has a corner already. (Way to go Lex!)
ohmygodyes

Jago

New Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Clear and precise! Great value for such a short vid, Andy. I wish our school teachers were that good.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 6, 2019
California
Thanks for this Andy.

I am just getting started on creating a landing page and found your posts very helpful so far.

(Read more here.)

Transcript

Hi, this is Andy Black

In this video, you will learn about The Search Sales Funnel and the single most important formula in business.

If you’re running a paid search campaign, then you have “searches” at the top of your sales funnel. This is the number of searches performed by people on a search engine.

Your ads receive “impressions” when they are shown in the search results. If your impression share was 50%, then your ads were only shown half the time they could have shown.

When someone “clicks” on your ad, they end up visiting your “website”. With all this talk of clicks and traffic, it’s easy to forget that clicks are actually “visitors”. To be successful with paid search you need to remember that you’re not buying clicks, you’re buying visitors.

If your offer is interesting enough your visitors might convert into “leads”. They could ring you, complete your “Contact Us” form, get a quote, or sign up to your email list.

Or they might skip this step entirely and go straight to the next step, and become a “buyer”.

It’s always good to think of that first purchase as a test. If you pass the test, you stand a chance of converting that one-off buyer into a “customer” … which is just a “repeat buyer”.

If this customer is really satisfied, they might become a “referrer” for you, where they recommend your product or service to other people.

They may even end up becoming a “champion” for your business, where they go out of their way to protect your brand, and promote your business.

So what’s the most important formula in business?

Well, it’s “R + R = Profit” … where R + R is Repeat business, and Referrals

The front end of your sales funnel is where most of your customer acquisition costs are.

Yet most of your revenue can come from a good back-end to your sales funnel,
where you provide such value to your buyers that they make it a custom of buying from you … and refer you to other people.

If the front-end of your sales funnel ran break-even, then any revenue afterwards will be mostly profit.

That’s partly what “R + R = Profit” means.

But the formula stands for more than that.

The real insight is that you can only build a profitable business when you add such value that people come back to buy more from you, and then recommend you to their friends.

The key takeaway for you is that you will never get repeat business or referrals if you’re not adding value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom