The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Sale

Idea threads

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I thought about a challenge for people like me, who dont get a foot on the ground.
Why dont we get a foot on the glound, doesn t matter.
I managed to get me and others out of several addictions by reducing the requirements for success.
Its like going to the gym : If you go to the gym reguarly 3 times a week, its more likely you will have success than not. So if you dont want to train from time to time, just go there and go into the sauna. Your brain will not take this as a fail.

So back to my challenge: I want to make one sale. in a month for first.
So. Who has success, will laugh out loud. But. One sale is one sale. So I will make one sale a month.

What do I sell?
As the aim is to get into a productocracy, it has to be someting I have produced myself. Or I let it produce on my idea.

A word aside : I really have given up the idea to any time get into the fastlane or have success as an entrepreneur, but with this idea I talked myself into this challenge.

As a scam for my brain when failing, I thought of making a sculpture and sell it to my dad. I m sure, he will buy everything I made.

BTW: thats not funny for me; I only try to get back something of my self confidence!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
@Ing check out this thread:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I love the "first sale in a month" rule. A mentor taught me this. If you can't make a sale in a month of a new business, quit the business.

It may mean your offer sucks, your sales skill sucks, or maybe people just don't want it. Regardless it just isn't the right business for you, so get out.

The idea being you want something easier to achieve success because your momentum will compound. So if you are slow to start, you'll be slow to ramp up, slow to hire help, etc, etc.

Better to cut your losses and find something better.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
So. Who has success, will laugh out loud. But. One sale is one sale.
I don't think anyone successful would laugh.
As they know the path to success starts with a first step.

Just like in body building. A professional probably wouldn't laugh
at someone who just started out, actually, they'd probably advice them
to start with lower weights.

As I understand, you're into motorcycles, so maybe also into cars?
Could you buy a used one, and then resell it?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don't think anyone successful would laugh.
As they know the path to success starts with a first step.

Just like in body building. A professional probably wouldn't laugh
at someone who just started out, actually, they'd probably advice them
to start with lower weights.

As I understand, you're into motorcycles, so maybe also into cars?
Could you buy a used one, and then resell it?
That reminds me of a friend, who sells about 8 - 16 cars a week for the last 20 years. He often blames me, that I don t do that.
Actually I m not allowed to flip cars due to my job (conflict of interest). Though I do that from time to time, when there is an opportunity.
But I don t count that as a sale in the sense of a business. I want to produce something.

Today I thought, measured and painted a part for the maintenance of my bike, I thought a long time about. I ll let my son print it and than show it on FB. Maybe there s a resonance.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I love the "first sale in a month" rule. A mentor taught me this. If you can't make a sale in a month of a new business, quit the business.

It may mean your offer sucks, your sales skill sucks, or maybe people just don't want it. Regardless it just isn't the right business for you, so get out.

The idea being you want something easier to achieve success because your momentum will compound. So if you are slow to start, you'll be slow to ramp up, slow to hire help, etc, etc.

Better to cut your losses and find something better.
I like the idea of making a sale in a week rather than a month. Similar to the thrust of "The 7 Day Startup" by Dan Norris.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Only to update my thread. No real value:

I m about curing medical issues, so I don’t really have energy.
But I considered that at my post and thats one reason, why I restricted to one sale per month.

I made my son print some items with his 3d printer.
A craiglist similar ad showed no result.
I offered them at my whattsapp story and got some requests.
At the last week’s Christmas charity auction 3 items were sold.

Well now.. I will let that count for my December s sale, but not really happy about it.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
I like the idea of making a sale in a week rather than a month. Similar to the thrust of "The 7 Day Startup" by Dan Norris.
So true. It also builds confidence real quick. If you go months without selling something it's probably because a) your product is not in demand or b) you don't market it well enough, you have a bad distribution system(you're not reaching enough people).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you go months without selling something it's probably because

a) your product is not in demand.

b) you don't market it well enough, you have a bad distribution system(you're not reaching enough people).
c) you're building stuff and haven't even engaged the market yet.

As per:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Well now.. I will let that count for my December s sale, but not really happy about it.
Hey why's that? I'd say a win's a win, well done!!

Rome wasn't built in a day. It took one brick at a time for it to be known for what it was today. Skills, sales, experience etc, they can compound over time I'd say.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Januar sale.

Two years ago I made these items for offroad bikes. Real I let made about 20 prototypes and offered them. I recognized no real need and stopped selling efforts.

Now, two years later, I was asked, if I still sell them. I was real surprised and rummaged in my garage, until I found the box deep under long lost items.

Well, thats no real sell now, as of all my joy, I gave them to him for free- its a friend from former times- , but I count it as a sell due to my joy about his need. And maybe he will tell mouth to mouth and produce some sells later.
Additional I got two beers.

Attachments

• B5FC7294-F52B-4853-964D-3AB68CFF1234.jpeg
    B5FC7294-F52B-4853-964D-3AB68CFF1234.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 8D9831DC-6182-44FB-94F9-8B6E515F9E6F.jpeg
    8D9831DC-6182-44FB-94F9-8B6E515F9E6F.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Some thoughts, that came to me...

These days because of medical issues I have much time to read, much more time to think.

In the hinsight of this thread, I ponder about my one sale strategy.
Often I remember to @Andy Black and Hiten Sha, who recommended quite another strategy.
Help one next to you....

Well, I really often help people. I do it, as it’s my way of living. Allways has been.

Next thing I wonder:

I think, I stuck in the part. ....and get paid for it.

Really?

(Since 29 years, I have a job. It collects parts of entrepreneurship and parts of employment.
So I m revenue sharing and I organize 90 of everything making it profitable for me. And now, as I am sick with a sick note, I get further paid as an advantage of an employee.)

Now, as I am sick, my customers come to me and ask for my service. I recognize, that nearly everybody asking me I have helped in the last years. In any way, maybe within my job, with bikes, with ideas, or with just talking.

And they come to me. Now when I can’t help, they don’t go to my colleges, but they seek another man in another business. They want me, as I have helped them before.

So isn’t every time I make sales volume, be it for me or with it for my employer, the „get paid for it“ event? And maybe a sale as the thread title means.

Btw: I can’t hold still totally. I provide my service on a small level though I have my sick note and my employer is happy with that. Yes my job is a trap hinsight my real entrepreneurship.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Januar sale.

Two years ago I made these items for offroad bikes. Real I let made about 20 prototypes and offered them. I recognized no real need and stopped selling efforts.

Now, two years later, I was asked, if I still sell them. I was real surprised and rummaged in my garage, until I found the box deep under long lost items.

Well, thats no real sell now, as of all my joy, I gave them to him for free- its a friend from former times- , but I count it as a sell due to my joy about his need. And maybe he will tell mouth to mouth and produce some sells later.
Additional I got two beers.
Last month I sold another two of them. So at least my investment is back.

I set up a etsy store with digital assets, which apparently no one wants. My son looked at it and told me, I better should do something I can do.

While building a Garage last 2 years, I collected a lot of material, which I sell now.
Today I sold some steel beams.
Turned out, that I made a 100% profit while the beams I installed were for free. So steel prices went up a lot last years.
My April sale. At least a rewarding one.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Haven`t thought about the thread a while.

Over the months, I have flipped some construction machines, cars and bikes.

Maybe some hundred bucks profit per month. Stupidly I allways buy big things, I need more place.

In hinsight of the thread it s satisfying, as it was at least one sale per month.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Haven`t thought about the thread a while.

Over the months, I have flipped some construction machines, cars and bikes.

Maybe some hundred bucks profit per month. Stupidly I allways buy big things, I need more place.

In hinsight of the thread it s satisfying, as it was at least one sale per month.
By the way: some thoughts about flipping things:

Cars, bikes, motos are a pain to sell. 1000 of questions, calls and so on.

Easy to flip : construction machines 500 - 1000 €. Mostly one call. No debate about price. Customer comes, pays, gets away.

Cheap things under maybe 200€ aren’t worth the work, when its single things. Most of them I give away in the end or throw into scrap. Whereas giving away returns very often in others than money!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.