• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

My family always tells me to get a job.

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by Tanisha, Jul 28, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Christopher777

Christopher777 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,728
    Lol, oh man. At least she got someone to call her darling back.

We tried.

garyjsmith, ZF Lee and Greg Rutkowski like this.
  2. Mr.Chaos

Mr.Chaos Wolves love Ice Cream. Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,353
    [​IMG]

Kingmaker, Ninjakid, JAJT and 2 others like this.
  3. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $104,702
    Wow, it's like she got dumber as time went by. Most people have shitty first posts and improve, but she went from sounding like a 20 year old to making me think that some grammar school kid has been trolling us the whole time.

4. Ika

Ika Too slow Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,771
    You know what would make me spend a lot of Rep?

In a few month, a new user called "Tanisha2" creates an introduction thread:

"Hey guys, it's me again.
    A lot of the advice you gave me was pretty harsh. A lot of posts just made fun of me.

And despite me not liking either the message or the way the message was presented, it still sounded like the best advice people gave me.

Atleast it is given in a long, logical form with arguments - my mum just screams at me to " get a job".

Which I did, I'm now a part time industrial cleaner.
    It sucks, I work hard and my boss seems to not be doing anything all day.

He complains a lot. About cleaning solutions, about inefficient workgear, about unsafe workwear.

Because I got tired of the complains, I've sat down and came up with a better cleaning solution to scrape oil off the walls.
    Totally boring stuff, but I showed it my boss - and he immediatly paid me.

I got my first sale!"

I really hope something along those lines will happen.

5. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $120,899
    Thank goodness for the landfill and ban hammer...

Somehow I missed all the silliness, for which I am grateful.

Thank you MJ, and the other mods!

6. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,359
    I was very disappointed when I heard the news.
    I thought we could 'save' her, so to speak.
    But for the good of the forum....well done @MJ DeMarco and mods.
    A better sponge or wiping materials would be a better option.
    Sometimes when I wipe stuff, even with quality cleaning fluid, they still don't come off. Irks me.
    @Ika, good suggestion. I sincerely hope this comes true. A good booster to the @JAJT format of addressing tough love.

cmor16 likes this.
  7. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,871
    garyjsmith, Kingmaker, Red and 3 others like this.
  8. OldFaithful

OldFaithful Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,922
    Congrats to you @ZF Lee...I see that you are making progress. This thread has also given you an opportunity to give back!

Let me say that I've noticed an improvement in your posts, and in your attitude. Keep up the good work!

9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,359
    Thank you.

10. Fox

Fox Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $35,985
    @JAJT your posts on this thread were incredible. Thanks for writing those up.

11. jmusic

jmusic Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $529
    Coming a bit late to this party, but the last 5 responses from the banned one leave me decidedly in the "Troll" camp.

Speaking of cleaning fluid, I think if we excerpt the better stuff from this thread and remove the posts from the person that shall not be named (as well as quotes from other people responding) this could be quite a valuable resource for pointing new folks at. :)

ZF Lee likes this.
  12. ZF Lee

Rep Bank:
    $3,359
    The 'Most Liked Posts' feature is a good tool there at the top lol.

But mistakes or bloopers need to be there so that we know how the gold nuggets came about. The best lessons can come from mistakes.

13. Sequential

Sequential Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $175
    Getting a job, even for a week, should be a pre-requisite for a bank giving you a business bank account.

Mine lasted 3 days. I was brought up that it goes either WORK or education. I was lazy and a bit entitled so I chose education even though I wasn't interested in that either.

Come 17 I pass my UK driving test and suddenly I had a car, insurance, tax etc all paid for by mum and dad, but no money to fuel it. I had to get a job.

I lasted 3 days in that place. My parents were middle class, my collegues were lower class, guess who got the abuse?

3 days working my ass off for around 12 hours a day, no breaks, scrubbing dishes, pans, trays, in a sweltering hot backroom with no ventilation. I passed out frequently. I was told I was not doing it quick enough, and then told I was not doing it well enough. I was threatened by the Chef. I was actually abused, none of this snowflake "I identify as a bicycle and you called me a man" BS that this generation feels is abuse.

Payment was in cash on a Sunday...that's right we had to drive to the Pub to get paid in cash on our days off.. I started on a Tuesday and so I worked Wed, Thur, Fri. 3 days.

Came to get my payment on Sunday, was owed £2 per hour (min wage being around £4), they gave me £20. I was supposed to be paid £72. Such a kick in the balls. Threatened by staff members if I didn't accept it. Took the money, quit. Never again.

Never stepped foot in employment since. Fortunatly for me, Google Adsense started around this time. Literally 3 months after I quit this job I was making 5 figures a week. But I was young and stupid and thought this would last forever.

OP. Get a job. Get the worst job you can think of. Because when you are sitting at home in a plush chair looking at your triple monitor setup, thinking of taking the day off to go to the beach, think back to that shitty job, the degrading feeling knowing you are better than that, that you can do more, and if you don't, that's where you will be.

My only regret? Not taking a POV picture of the job I had to do, because I can't mount the memory on the wall for days when I CBA and there is no one to motivate me with threats.

People tell me I should get a job now. They presume I am on welfare. It is hard not to get egoic. I just ignore them, I don't want to associate with people who cannot comprehend the fastlane lifestyle. These people are a drain. The same people who tell someone who is starting a business that it won't work are the same people who key their Ferrari when it has work. The best way to deal with these people are to ignore them completely. They think life revolves around working your behind off for someone else.

Please OP. Get a job. Tell yourself it is only for a week. The experience it gives, and leaves you with in life, is worth it.