The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My family always tells me to get a job.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
some people can put up with it for decades HOW????

Lol, where do you think FTEs come from? You're not going to have an FTE playing overwatch at home and working your way through a large Chicago Style pizza while somebody else pays to keep the lights on and the internet working.

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
@Tanisha

My dad used to ask me when I was younger. If money was no object what 5 things would I be doing. Maybe to get the ball rolling, List 5 things you would be doing jobs.

Also what 3 that no one in your friend group/family knows more about than you? Things that just naturally make sense.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
I'm going to be an a$$. Sorry.

Not only does everything you are posting sound lazy as hell, but now it sounds like you are trying to say it's not your fault because of your generation? Really?

Your attitude screams "I hate work and don't want to do it and you can't make me".
This is not a trait of good entrepreneurs.
It's a trait of a child who thinks work is someone else's responsibility.

If you read more, you will pretty clearly see that most Entrepreneurs didn't avoid work - they were often the HARDEST workers. The BEST. Employers LOVED them. They busted their a$$ on the job, added value wherever they could, worked overtime as needed, consulted with management on issues they thought they could help with, volunteered, and in general they kicked a$$.

When they were out of work they busted a$$ to find work.
Or they freelanced.
Or they hustled.

Tell me - what was the last thing you kicked a$$ at?
Or busted a$$ for?
Do you have any history of adding value to other people's lives?
Do you help others when there is no gain in it for you?
When was the last time you got your hands filthy F*cking dirty (figuratively or literally, whatever) to get a job done for no other reason than it needed doing and you could do it?
Do you volunteer? For anything? For anyone?

I guarantee you that if you look at the top entrepreneurs on this forum, their attitude screams "I work".
The ones gloating about not working for other people do so because they put in the damn time to get to that point.

You need to understand this very clearly: Entrepreneurship is going to be many, many, many times harder, more frustrating, more exhausting and with longer hours than a normal job. You will feel lost. Nobody will be there to tell you which direction to go. Nobody will tell you a decision is right, or wrong. Almost every answer you will ever receive will be "well, it depends". Some weeks, months, and even years will have you earning LESS than even a modest job. You may make $1,000 in a week only to look at the numbers and see your expenses were $900. Or $1,200. Or $2,000. When shit breaks - you are the person who fixes it. If your website is broken and you can't pay to have it fixed, well you better put on your coding glasses because guess what? You're a coder now until it's fixed.

It's work.
Hard, thankless, frustrating, confusing, depressing, expensive, lonely work until one day you "figure it out" and something works and you make a killing, or see a nice lucrative exit. But that freedom is on the other side of hard work and adversity.

Also, what's your skillset that makes you believe you can bypass traditional employment?
Clearly if you are fighting against working for others so hard it must be because you know how to make money without it? Right?
What's your plan for money before you become successful at your own business?

Can you afford to live on your own?
Or do you expect mommy and daddy to let you live rent-free, with free food, adding no value to the family so that you can read books on Oprah while you "figure something out"?

Let me be clear

I WANT you to be here.
I WANT you to start your own business.
I WANT to see you successful and killing it and living the high life.
I do, and we do.

But your attitude is broken.
You aren't thinking things through.
You are acting childish.

If you do not have a REAL plan that makes SENSE with REALISTIC expectations, then for everyone's sake, including your own, get a damn job and work on starting something on the side. Funnel all income to your side project. Use it as seed money to build your business and build experience and get successful to a point where quitting won't be something you dream of - it will be the thing you do because it's a poor waste of time that is actually costing you more money than it brings in.

Good luck.

well since im a girl / woman, your lucky im thinking about making my own money at all i could sit at home and have my future husband pay for everything which is how your treating me but im not like that at all, im smart, able to do well with reading and im highly educated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Lol, where do you think FTEs come from? You're not going to have an FTE playing overwatch at home and working your way through a large Chicago Style pizza while somebody else pays to keep the lights on and the internet working.

i love your sense of humor

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
@Tanisha

My dad used to ask me when I was younger. If money was no object what 5 things would I be doing. Maybe to get the ball rolling, List 5 things you would be doing jobs.

Also what 3 that no one in your friend group/family knows more about than you? Things that just naturally make sense.

well honestly work and me have just never gotten along so i want that part to be as short as can be, i just like relaxing by the beach, tanning, shopping, luxury items, im good at reading

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
well honestly work and me have just never gotten along so i want that part to be as short as can be, i just like relaxing by the beach, tanning, shopping, luxury items, im good at reading
You're joking with us, right?

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Not only does everything you are posting sound lazy as hell.....

Sooooooo laaazy! I never play grammar police but you can't even make the effort to post in actual sentences. No capitalization, no periods, just 400 characters separated by scattered commas. Sorry, but I find your posts very difficult to read.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
You're joking with us, right?

Holy Shit if it wasn't for all the previous posts before I would think she was a troll.

She's just delusional. She probably has a part time job as a bank teller. All the money she earns she spends on herself. Her family is telling her to get a job as in "full time job." If her family is pressuring her to get a job is because she's not helping with the bills, rent or food.

She's using MJ's books as an excuse to not have a job. " Well you see Mom this Millionaire says that a job is for losers" So she makes her bosses fire her or quits herself.

Just because you read a few books it does not mean you're a millionaire. So stop acting like you are while leeching off your family.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto

LOL! wow, useless. I think everyone on this forum wasted their time giving you worthy advice. You're definitely at the wrong forum, go find some sugar daddy website and hook up with an 80 year old...all of your dreams will then come true. #landfill

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
well since im a girl / woman, your lucky im thinking about making my own money at all i could sit at home and have my future husband pay for everything which is how your treating me but im not like that at all, im smart, able to do well with reading and im highly educated

Lol, good luck and just go make babies then. I highly doubt the rest of what you say.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I like relaxing by the beach, reading and selling luxury items to people like you, who can't afford them but want them to impress their friends.

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
I like relaxing by the beach, reading and selling luxury items to people like you, who can't afford them but want them to impress their friends.
mic drop

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
well since im a girl / woman

Doesn't matter.
There are lots of awesome, successful, hard working women on this forum.

im smart, able to do well with reading and im highly educated

1. You can't write a simple sentence.
2. My 7 year old son is also doing well with reading.

I was hoping you'd take everyone's comments to heart and have the self awareness required to self-reflect on everything said.
Instead you've acted indignant about the whole thing.

Clearly there is no progress to be made here. No growth happening.
I agree with marking this #landfill at this point.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
LOL! wow, useless. I think everyone on this forum wasted their time giving you worthy advice. You're definitely at the wrong forum, go find some sugar daddy website and hook up with an 80 year old...all of your dreams will then come true. #landfill

wow lets be respectful of each other

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Doesn't matter.
There are lots of awesome, successful, hard working women on this forum.

1. You can't write a simple sentence.
2. My 7 year old son is also doing well with reading.

I was hoping you'd take everyone's comments to heart and have the self awareness required to self-reflect on everything said.
Instead you've acted indignant about the whole thing.

Clearly there is no progress to be made here. No growth happening.
I agree with marking this #landfill at this point.

well i wasnt born to impress you

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
@Tanisha you're either a genius troll or completely ignorant.

You said you're grateful for MJ, Unscripted , and TMF -- and yet it's obvious what you've read has gone through one ear and out the other... except for what YOU wanted to hear.

No one can take you serious on this forum now.

You're not ready to head down the road of entrepreneurship yet.

You're providing ZERO value to everyone here, except for the humour in your posts (for how dumb they sound--which is quite hilarious).

Get a job. Be the best at that job you can be. Learn discipline and how to "get shit done"....

And then... years from now, when you've become a completely different person-- someone with more maturity and character-- re-read the books and come back to this forum to start your journey fresh.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
My parents tell me to get a job all the time now that I've graduated. I've worked a lot in the past and I've learned a lot from it. I've saved up enough money to be able to work on business without having to work for someone else for some time. So now I can choose to not work and buy time that way.

But working has its advantages, for example you get to know people and form social relationships. If you haven't worked much, then maybe it's worth it as the other people have said. It's also worth it if you don't have money for living expenses :p

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Post like these makes me wonder about the human mind, and how it changes with time.

Can we ever actually help someone who is not ready to be helped? Are our efforts futile?

Do we have to have a certain level of self awareness (to realize we may be wrong) and open mindedness (to learn from others) to become successful entrepreneurs? Well, of course we do, but if a person does not have them, can these traits be learned if a person is already in adulthood with their perspectives already cemented in?

Hmmm.... of course I believe it's never too late for anyone to change, BUT self awareness is so key that if you don't have some of it, I'm not so sure....

I've never seen anyone in my entire life make a drastic change in perspective who didn't already have those traits above.

TheRegalMachine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 27, 2017
Moon Base
If not for the shitty jobs I've had in the past I wouldn't be on the path I am on right now. A path in search for a means to employ myself, build a business, and get on that fastlane.
Because every time I went into work all I could think about is how much I didn't want to do this bullshit right here for a living. It fed my desire and ambition to seek out an alternative.
Having a job isn't a bad thing. It's all the other shit that come with it that suck.
I think if everyone could find a job that was perfect they'd be content, but those don't exist.
People get jobs and they settle. The difference between them and the fine folks on this forum is we refuse to be content and we refuse to settle.
Our families hound us about jobs because that's all they know. They don't know there are other means to make ends meet and to do way better than a 9 to 5. Fighting them about it is like trying to convince a child there is no Santa. They've been fed the lie, the lie is all they know, and your challenging them does nothing but make them frustrated and angry.
And at 19 you have nothing to back up your argument because you are 19 and know jack and shit.
You haven't done jack and shit yet.
As much as you want to start on your journey to the fastlane you have to think about the metaphor.
You don't just speed on to a highway at top speed. You have to yield, take it slow, merge, then start on your way.
Get a job, as much as it sucks, and put in even more work when that job is over.
Pay your dues until you reach a point where you don't have to do the 9 to 5 then get ready to pay even more dues as am entrepreneur.
Many successful people had day jobs while they nurtured the projects that made them millions.
So don't think you can skip the process.
If a job is required in your life then get one.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.