What if I have this mentality in all aspects of my life but not in business? I'm struggling to understand why.
As for ego, I don't really feel like I have it. I don't see anything as beneath me, other than what's unethical or otherwise morally questionable.
The thing is there is A LOT of nuance here and this stuff can go very deep.
But if you feel that's your biggest contraint, there are ways to use to figure this out.
I went through this process myself last year and gave my life a completely new direction after trying a lot of things that did not work after some success in the online world. Even had to go back to a 9-5 and experience real burnout to figure out that's not the solution for me as well.
I've develped a system (which is still in early beta) because right now it's not my contraint anymore but it was super useful to me last year to see things a bit more objectively...
Here is a report I generated for an imaginary AI Avatar (took me 6-8 weeks maxing out my $200 claude plan to build this) but it will give you an idea what this could look like...
Marcus-Chen-BSB-Profil-Komplett.pdf
All of this is made up and the report will contain a lot of AI slop and some parts might not make sense but I used something similar to understand my own patterns.
It's basically a system to use AI for therapy (also I would never claim that publicly because that would come with a lot of problems if posted somewhere else). But it works...
Bascially there are are lot of approaches in therapy (Schema Theraphy, ACT, CBT, Internal Family Systems, etc.) to help with these kind of issues.
But that in itself is not a solution because even understanding why you're struggling only helps a tiny bit because doing the work is still hard.
Took me 4 decades to finally accept that. LOL
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?





