The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
thanks for the follow-up message. pretty harsh initial one. The 2 year challenge was a way to a) become financially free and retire my mom and b) to keep me motivated and have millionaires be more motivated to mentor me because it's a unique, exciting thing to be a part of.
It's not unique. I'm 22 and there are a hundred other guys on here with the exact, same, goal. You and I are a dime a dozen.

i wanted to film it just to create an inspirational story for other people to not be afraid to set big goals for themselves.
An inspirational story about you... where as the fast lane mentality doesn't say make it about you... the world honestly doesn't care about you... because they are too busy doing the same caring about their own you's... which is why you should focus on their you rather than your you.

i really didn't want to come across as self-indulgent. if that's the case then i'll drop the film altogether and i'm weighing that option still. i haven't filmed in 20 days.

It's about (you) earning the money and doing what i set out to do, and that's what i've been focusing on ONLY now. The app industry seems to be the best route and not to mention a fun business to be involved with.
See the problem? We know what you want, what are you going to give us that we want? As a consumer I'm not going to give you money to focus on yourself, I'm going to give you money to focus on me. I'm selfish too but it's my money you want that were talking about.

Millionaires aren't made by focusing on the end goal, but focusing on the process of fulfilling needs and wants of others. By focusing on doing that, you also will fulfill your own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
It's not unique. I'm 22 and there are a hundred other guys on here with the exact, same, goal. You and I are a dime a dozen.

An inspirational story about you... where as the fast lane mentality doesn't say make it about you... the world honestly doesn't care about you... because they are too busy doing the same caring about their own you's... which is why you should focus on their you rather than your you.

See the problem? We know what you want, what are you going to give us that we want? As a consumer I'm not going to give you money to focus on yourself, I'm going to give you money to focus on me. I'm selfish too but it's my money you want that were talking about.

Millionaires aren't made by focusing on the end goal, but focusing on the process of fulfilling needs and wants of others. By focusing on doing that, you also will fulfill your own.

you're right. it makes sense. thanks for the advice.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
So the first app will be a prank-like app in time for halloween. My biz partner and I want to create an overall prank platform in the iOS field. There's numerous ones that are good but we want to take the best elements from them and bring them together into one, if that makes sense. Be the talking tom's of prank apps. we'll make some apps that are not prank related, but in the entertainment genre. It's a low cost genre to develop for because the apps are usually simple. games and productivity can get pricy.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
So the first app will be a prank-like app in time for halloween.

Make sure the app will be accepted by Apple. In their terms it says apps must have a practical purpose or something to that degree. I'd hate to see you lose the money on app that was doomed to start. Just a precaution...

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Make sure the app will be accepted by Apple. In their terms it says apps must have a practical purpose or something to that degree. I'd hate to see you lose the money on app that was doomed to start. Just a precaution...

Thanks Wade. I've been reading through the terms and it looks to be okay so far. There are some scary prank apps out there. The developer we hired seems to think they'll pass.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Read Allen's book (Regoapps), he tells his life story. Now his life story, I'd want to see that as a movie or documentary, not yours. Not trying to be mean, just the truth. I watched your promo video on your site (not sure what you want to call it), wow I was bored, didn't even finish it. Not saying I could do better, I know my life story wouldn't be interesting so thats why I don't film it. But yea, read his book, everything you want to hear from him is covered in it. I've talked to him dozens of times before his book came out and after too, his book really covers a lot of the essentials. It is a short read too, I read it in 1 day.

Also, my 2 sense on your app plan (I'm no pro, I'm getting ready to release my first one in a week or so), is don't go for the volume game like you want to. I mean, 2 apps a month? That is a lot, 60% of apps don't reach profitability. I think it would be smarter to really focus on what your app does and make it something that is great and will work, even if it takes longer. It takes 1 good app, thats it, just 1, and you can be set (Instagram for example). Read all the threads on this forum, ask anyone, this forum has exploded in the app development world lately, lots of us are trying it.

If I were you, I'd drop the documentary, drop the clothing line business, focus on your app(s). Make it count, spend the time you need to make sure it is perfect.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Read Allen's book (Regoapps), he tells his life story. Now his life story, I'd want to see that as a movie or documentary, not yours. Not trying to be mean, just the truth. I watched your promo video on your site (not sure what you want to call it), wow I was bored, didn't even finish it. Not saying I could do better, I know my life story wouldn't be interesting so thats why I don't film it. But yea, read his book, everything you want to hear from him is covered in it. I've talked to him dozens of times before his book came out and after too, his book really covers a lot of the essentials. It is a short read too, I read it in 1 day.

Also, my 2 sense on your app plan (I'm no pro, I'm getting ready to release my first one in a week or so), is don't go for the volume game like you want to. I mean, 2 apps a month? That is a lot, 60% of apps don't reach profitability. I think it would be smarter to really focus on what your app does and make it something that is great and will work, even if it takes longer. It takes 1 good app, thats it, just 1, and you can be set (Instagram for example). Read all the threads on this forum, ask anyone, this forum has exploded in the app development world lately, lots of us are trying it.

If I were you, I'd drop the documentary, drop the clothing line business, focus on your app(s). Make it count, spend the time you need to make sure it is perfect.

Thanks for the tips. I'll pick up his book and read it over the next couple of days.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
There are some scary prank apps out there. The developer we hired seems to think they'll pass.

Nice! The only reason I bring it up is because there are tons of fart apps and flashlight apps, but Apple won't accept anymore because there are too many. How are you going to monetize it?

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Nice! The only reason I bring it up is because there are tons of fart apps and flashlight apps, but Apple won't accept anymore because there are too many. How are you going to monetize it?

Oh okay, I see what you mean. It's not too saturated, so it should be okay still. I'd imagine with Halloween around the corner there might be an influx of them though.

For this particular one, I'm going to offer a free version and premium for $0.99. Banner ads on the free version with limited functionality and more "pranks" in the premium version.

Going to hold a contest for the best "scare reaction" video around Halloween for a monetary prize to get more awareness. Also going to try and figure out some affiliate monetization strategies as well. I know App Empire covers that, I just have to re-read the affiliate marketing part in the book.

I'm not a fan of that model, I prefer the freemium model with in-app purchases, but I can't think of any in-app purchases that people would buy for a scary prank app. I predict the majority of the apps I develop will be freemium though.

Have you developed an app before Wade? It seems like a lot of members on here are getting their feet wet in it.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I agree that freemium is the way to go. You could offer the app like Action FX (I think that's what it's called). Give two pranks away for free and sell two additional pranks for $1.99. You could have 4-5 more sets of two pranks. Every member gets the first two for free and once they get "tired" of those pranks, they buy more from you. Because it's free it could spread quickly especially with the timing of Halloween.

I've been close to developing a couple apps on my own, but didn't think the app was strong enough to invest in. I have a list of somewhere near 100 ideas, but they're either too expensive (in time and money) or I don't think they are strong enough. I'm registered as a developer so I have access to their guidelines and stuff. If I find an app with a big enough need, I'll invest in it.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
I agree that freemium is the way to go. You could offer the app like Action FX (I think that's what it's called). Give two pranks away for free and sell two additional pranks for $1.99. You could have 4-5 more sets of two pranks. Every member gets the first two for free and once they get "tired" of those pranks, they buy more from you. Because it's free it could spread quickly especially with the timing of Halloween.

I've been close to developing a couple apps on my own, but didn't think the app was strong enough to invest in. I have a list of somewhere near 100 ideas, but they're either too expensive (in time and money) or I don't think they are strong enough. I'm registered as a developer so I have access to their guidelines and stuff. If I find an app with a big enough need, I'll invest in it.

Good advice brother, thanks.

I'm going to look up this Action FX app, I've never heard of it. Cheers.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012

M, can't seem to find Action FX. There is action movie FX but that doesn't seem to be a prank app. Let me know if you find the title. Would like to see it before the developer starts working on the app tomorrow.

DealMaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 9, 2011
Pacific NW
Z,

my mom did not tell me about her falling behind on rent payments, she said she was fine. She brought it up just recently. I am helping her now. 60k was in earnings, not revenue.

I quit the MLM but it was one of the things i tried early in the challenge. I made a good upfront income because I signed up 22 people and grew a bit of an organization but most quit and the money stopped flowing.

I sold aeration specifically. I got 36% commission. I earned 14k from that during the one month I did that. I invested a lot into the fashion line but it's on hiatus for now.

As far as me being parked, I'm trying to be more actively involved in this forum. I was encouraged to share some information and spread it around and so I'm posting what I can to add value to the forum. Still figuring it out. Thanks for the information.

I'm taking a lot of heat in this thread lately, I am trying my best here.

If you want to provide some value to the forum, perhaps you can share with everyone how you were able to setup a gig selling lawn care services and make $14k in commissions in one month...

I know several on here are bootstrapping, so this might be something worth talking about as I think many could get some benefit from it.

Quite frankly, I think selling skills are very important for any entrepreneur, so this is something that would add VALUE to the forum.

Maybe you've already discussed this, but talking about something you've DONE as opposed to something you're about to do, is going to be of a lot more interest to many on here... including me.

(Also, if you're needing money to fund your ventures and help your family, why wouldn't you simply go back to doing this?)

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
M, can't seem to find Action FX. There is action movie FX but that doesn't seem to be a prank app. Let me know if you find the title. Would like to see it before the developer starts working on the app tomorrow.

I don't believe Action FX is a prank app. He was simply stating that you should follow that model. In-app purchases are huge.

IMO, drop the documentary. If you've not filmed in 20 days, then you're not really dedicated to it. I think the whole film was based upon people supporting you(not financially) to reach your goals.
Good luck to you with the apps. After you get this app made, focus on a more "evergreen" niche app that will survive the holidays and not just some fad.

We're here to help, we all are either in or have been the same boat.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011

It's not a prank app.

I don't believe Action FX is a prank app. He was simply stating that you should follow that model. In-app purchases are huge.

This ^

They offer in app purchases the same way you could offer in app purchases. The give away two action movie effects, and then charge $1.99 for a pair of two more action movie effects. You could do the same with pranks rather than action movie effects.

D

DeletedUser2

Thanks socal, i actually reached out to him today. Tried adding him on fb as well. He looks like he has an incredible story. I'm trying to find a mentor in the app field and I was trying to get Chad Mureta to be it, but he's a hard guy to get a hold of. It's awesome that regoapps created a profile on here. This forum is powerful stuff.

We tried to do a deal with chad. to be honest after 6 months negotiating with him, we found him to be an a$$. he was so puffed up on his success, that his shit didn't stink. we fired him, before finishing the contract. we made a deal with his mentors instead.

honestly, We found a mastermind group 10x more valuable. if you would like I can put you in touch with the mastermind group, and you can go from there.

PM me for it

Z

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
If you want to provide some value to the forum, perhaps you can share with everyone how you were able to setup a gig selling lawn care services and make $14k in commissions in one month...

I was a bit interested in this myself. $14k in one month is good money. Doesn't sound like it was fast lane, but could you make it fast lane?

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012

I know several on here are bootstrapping, so this might be something worth talking about as I think many could get some benefit from it.

Quite frankly, I think selling skills are very important for any entrepreneur, so this is something that would add VALUE to the forum.

Maybe you've already discussed this, but talking about something you've DONE as opposed to something you're about to do, is going to be of a lot more interest to many on here... including me.

(Also, if you're needing money to fund your ventures and help your family, why wouldn't you simply go back to doing this?)

I can do that. That makes sense.

I can't go back to it because it's seasonal. It's in the off season right now. I started doing door to door sales when I was 20 (in 2009), I found myself to be naturally good at it. The company was called Spring Masters Canada. Those on the forum from Ontario might be familiar with the name. In 2010 and 2011, I became a sales coach and ran sales crews. It was like running a startup franchise with 5 other people. You worked like dogs and learned how to run a service sales business door to door. The first guy I interviewed for advice was Ben Stewart, he is the CEO of that company. It's called Canadian Property Stars now and it expanded across Canada.

I went back for a month out west because I knew I could do well. You're a contractor at that company when you do sales for them. You get paid cash at the end of each day. You go to the shop at 8:30am and you get out at about 10:30pm. They set it up like a competition. There are cash bonuses for the top performers daily. If it was a full day (50+ workers), the top bonus was $200-250. It's great money, but it's the hardest you'll ever work physically/mentally. You get dropped off and you have a route. you push around a 300lb aerator and hit the doors. You sell them on having their lawn aerated on the spot and then you go and "link" the neighbours. Charging $100 a lawn in Alberta that'll take you 30 minutes to aerate on average. That's $36 a lawn, 2 an hour is $72/hour if you can keep the sales going all day. Naturally, it's not like that and you go on cold streaks but as you get better you can stay steady all day. It gets intense at the end because they have managers circulating the routes and motivating the sales staff.

It's a good business model, but it's not easily leveraged and it's an extremely active business. The CEO still puts in 18 hour days after 10 years+ because he's aggressively growing.

As a sales person though, it's great income if you're motivated and ready to go. I did bodybuilding when I was 19 and that was rigorous training (competitively) but doing that sales position is more taxing than anything I've done in my life. You burn out really quickly. I did 24 days out of 30 when I went out for the month. We went up to Fort McMurray for a week straight and I earned $1,000 a day. So much money up there.

If anyone is interested in learning the door to door sales game, then I can help for sure. It is a great bootstrapping method but you have to have a good product or service.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
I was a bit interested in this myself. $14k in one month is good money. Doesn't sound like it was fast lane, but could you make it fast lane?

I don't think it's possible to make it fastlane. There's a minor chance it could be, but only if you sold it. It's not easily leveraged and it takes a long time to grow. That being said, if you're down for 7 years, I think it could be done with non-stop work. Door to door is very difficult, mainly because of theft. You have to have a very tight knit system that people follow to a "T". As I mentioned above, it's a great bootstrapping method but not fastlane imo.

My friend is an independent musician and he sells his CDs door to door. He made it to #16 on the canadian billboard so that helps with his sales. He brings the billboard chart to the door with him. He will sell an average of 20 CDs/day @ 8 hours. He profits 13 dollars a CD (he sells them for 20, and actually gets it). 13 x 20 = $260 for 8 hours work promoting your music. It's not a bad gig when you're trying to get signed.

I know his script for that as well if there are any independent publishers on here. I'm very good at creating scripts for door to door, so if anyone has anything self-published or a product they've created and want to know how to push it door to door yourself, I can help.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
It's not a prank app.

This ^

They offer in app purchases the same way you could offer in app purchases. The give away two action movie effects, and then charge $1.99 for a pair of two more action movie effects. You could do the same with pranks rather than action movie effects.

Oh, okay. Got ya. I'm going to download it now, thank you.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
NEW thread : )

heyyyyyyyyyyyy you have speed of 25KPH :eusa_clap:

I was slammed and actually threatened in PMs when I first got here. Rock the boat baby cause your lifetime aint no dress rehearsal :)

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
I read the whole thread and I'm amazed with all the advice given to you.

I wish the best for you because I have the same dreams of making a large amount of money and helping my parents. Also I'm willing to share that later to the world through a book, video, blog.... But after I'm done doing.

I couldn't see that happening with all the actions you were taking.

Good luck!

Sno has it in 1
to give you an idea of how easy it is to him 1M it took us 3 months to think through and plan an execution play, and almost 4 months to generate 3.5M in sales, starting from zero.

so while you have been mentally masturbating all over this forum, about how your going to be rich over the last 7 months, we went out and generated it.
Z

Z could you provide more info in what kind of business you made those sales?

Thanks!

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Just watched your video on the millionaire by 25 website... it said from January 1st 2012 to January 1st 2014. You're 10 months in, how much have you made?

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
Sno has it in 1

your focusing on the wrong things.

why don't you find a mentor, and learn how they make money, and make money that way.

doing a documentary about your tail chasing, is only going to show people how ineffective tail chasing is.

if you want to do the documentary. fine, but does it advance your actual bank account? maybe if your focused on MLM. but MLM is NOT fastlane. is a fancy pretend title of ceo, but its more like a job. don't believe the hype.

Find your 1 thing you can make money from

KILL all the rest.

to give you an idea of how easy it is to him 1M it took us 3 months to think through and plan an execution play, and almost 4 months to generate 3.5M in sales, starting from zero.

so while you have been mentally masturbating all over this forum, about how your going to be rich over the last 7 months, we went out and generated it.

quick dicking around. and launch 1 damm thing.

PS. when MJ says torrent his book, for gods sake. go read the damm thing.

Z

Wow, what a fool. I dont care if you made 100M, I can still tell you are a complete fool just by reading one simple post. "Mentally Masturbating" and "Dicking around"? Perhaps your "money" you made (I'm doubtful) could buy you some class? You know what is easier than hitting 1M......saying you hit 3.5 in sales in 4 months over the internet. What is your name, ill look you up on forbes? 3.5 in 4 months, you should be well into the 100 of millions? Im eager to hear your reply, so I can ignore it and never reply to you so you fail to exist to me.

Word to "Millionaireby25"- Do YOU. I know you are here for advice, but just like anything in life, only a small percentage of it should even be taken at best. I would bet less than 1 % of people on here are actually millionaires. A lot of people on here are what I like to call "hopers" just like the rest of the world. Be confident even if people get on here and tell you you are arrogant and try to shoot you down. At the end of the day all that matters is what YOU think about YOU. I know that if I listened to everything that was told to me I would have given up a long time ago. I am no millionaire yet, but will no doubt be. I made 6 figures at age 22 in about 9 months. Most of the people who down talked me have never made over 30k a year and they are all 40+ years old. Half of the battle is being an animal mentally, and these people down talking are just bumps in the road and I hope you realize that. Whatever you do, dont quit the documentary. I guarantee you I would buy something like that if you do in fact make your millions....even if it takes you til you are 30. After all MJ did write a book about making millions and getting on the fastlane, he also talked about tons of roadblocks and detours and look....we all have read it!

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Wow, what a fool. I dont care if you made 100M, I can still tell you are a complete fool just by reading one simple post. "Mentally Masturbating" and "Dicking around"? Perhaps your "money" you made (I'm doubtful) could buy you some class? You know what is easier than hitting 1M......saying you hit 3.5 in sales in 4 months over the internet. What is your name, ill look you up on forbes? 3.5 in 4 months, you should be well into the 100 of millions? Im eager to hear your reply, so I can ignore it and never reply to you so you fail to exist to me.

Word to "Millionaireby25"- Do YOU. I know you are here for advice, but just like anything in life, only a small percentage of it should even be taken at best. I would bet less than 1 % of people on here are actually millionaires. A lot of people on here are what I like to call "hopers" just like the rest of the world. Be confident even if people get on here and tell you you are arrogant and try to shoot you down. At the end of the day all that matters is what YOU think about YOU. I know that if I listened to everything that was told to me I would have given up a long time ago. I am no millionaire yet, but will no doubt be. I made 6 figures at age 22 in about 9 months. Most of the people who down talked me have never made over 30k a year and they are all 40+ years old. Half of the battle is being an animal mentally, and these people down talking are just bumps in the road and I hope you realize that. Whatever you do, dont quit the documentary. I guarantee you I would buy something like that if you do in fact make your millions....even if it takes you til you are 30. After all MJ did write a book about making millions and getting on the fastlane, he also talked about tons of roadblocks and detours and look....we all have read it!

LOL WHAT?

--
LOL WHAT?

This is going to be fun.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

aYKxg.gif

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.