The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
After reading this thread and watching all 3 interviews, I'm tempted to try something like this as well.

I would maybe do it a little different and make it completely public of my progress - recap each week with a 5min video and also have the public guide me or give me suggestions on how I tackle specific problems and try it out.

I think it would be cool to follow, no?

Being brutally honest, I'm a bit scared to do it but I think putting myself out in public will provide me with even MORE drive and accountability than now. I also don't want to copy someone else's original thinking but I think there is a lot to improve on how he goes about trying to reach his goal.

Reason why I'm a little scared is more of the public perception (I have a wife, 2 kids and an existing business that puts food on the table). Maybe I could do voice only videos to protect my identity...but then that doesn't make it any fun for viewers.

What do you guys think?

LeungJan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 8, 2013
After reading this thread and watching all 3 interviews, I'm tempted to try something like this as well.

I would maybe do it a little different and make it completely public of my progress - recap each week with a 5min video and also have the public guide me or give me suggestions on how I tackle specific problems and try it out.

Being brutally honest, I'm a bit scared to do it but I think putting myself out in public will provide me with even MORE drive and accountability than now. I also don't want to copy someone else's original thinking but I think there is a lot to improve on how he goes about trying to reach his goal.

Reason why I'm a little scared is more of the public perception (I have a wife, 2 kids and an existing business that puts food on the table). Maybe I could do voice only videos to protect my identity...but then that doesn't make it any fun for viewers.

What do you guys think?

Did you learn nothing?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

What do you guys think?

Epic fail

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
It would be nice to hear why you guys think it's a fail.

I skimmed through most of the posts, but maybe I missed something???

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Yeah you basically missed everything.

Cliff notes: Dont document it - just do it. Or you will just fail like the OP.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Actually, I think it is a great idea, and thought about doing it myself. I think the op didnt really have any direction at all so he just threw out I am going to be a millionaire in 2 years, but I think mlm is the path cause I met a big hitter.

If you have a product, service that is real that will really sell, why not document it.

If more people did, I think strongly that they would go further.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Actually, I think it is a great idea, and thought about doing it myself. I think the op didnt really have any direction at all so he just threw out I am going to be a millionaire in 2 years, but I think mlm is the path cause I met a big hitter.

If you have a product, service that is real that will really sell, why not document it.

Yeah, a great example is your thread ;). You can also see this with a lot of startups who document in their blog. I agree that thats very interesting but completely different from this thread.. This was just self-promotion with no substance.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys lets cut Corey a little slack... he's "out there" doing shit and his persistence is admirable. He's still going at it where the average person (in the firing line of all our criticism, including myself) would have quit, shut down and closed up shop. Regardless of what happens, he will LEARN immensely from the experience. IMO, there is no failure in this process because the experience will be priceless.

There are two people-- those who try and fail, and those who fail by default by never trying.

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto

Your progress thread actually was very inspiring to follow. I thought it would be a good idea too...

LeungJan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 8, 2013
Hey Putinwork to expand upon my brief answer,

As Jack says:

"If you have a product, service that is real that will really sell, why not document it."

Guys lets cut Corey a little slack... he's "out there" doing shit and his persistence is admirable. He's still going at it where the average person (in the firing line of all our criticism, including myself) would have quit, shut down and closed up shop. Regardless of what happens, he will LEARN immensely from the experience. IMO, there is no failure in this process because the experience will be priceless.

There are two people-- those who try and fail, and those who fail by default by never trying.

I agree, at least he is putting himself out there! If he does not succeed I am sure he will find a need from the sheer amount of energy he has put out there, he will probably see the need and utilise the connections he has made / experience he has learnt.

So keep it up! At least you have consistently put effort towards something Corey.. unlike most people who just sit around doing nothing..

D

DeletedUser2

Corey, maybe offer your documentary skills to other startups? if your still doing it, it shows you can push through and get it done. do it for others. they could pay you in money or equity, by taking some startups, and making them famous.

I would have loved to see a documentary on the startup of apple, paypal, ebay, candy crush, clash of clans the x prize compititions, maybe, MJ's next book? or Tim Ferris book?

people would deff pay for that.

well, I would.

PS. good job for sticking with it.

Z

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From his site, it says he has earned $81k and has 75 days to go. Maybe he just has not updated his site in a while.

Regardless if Corey makes his goal or not, I'm pretty confident he ultimately will get there. Maybe not this year, or the next, but he will. Why? Because I still see him out there. He's doing shit. I seeing him doing interviews, podcasts, and other activities. I see he ran a crowdfund campaign. I see him poking the world with his ideas and still trying different things. This effort, while maybe not focused at the moment, is the very essence of success, and process. I commend him for his effort.

He took some heat from all of us (including me) and despite the fire we unleashed, he's still "out there" chugging away. It would have been very easy for him to just give up. Instead, his persistence will serve him well. And I wish him well.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
He took some heat from all of us (including me) and despite the fire we unleashed, he's still "out there" chugging away. It would have been very easy for him to just give up. Instead, his persistence will serve him well. And I wish him well.

I agree with you 100%. He has done more than 99% of the want to bes on this site. He will hit on something soon enough.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
me too. hes come a long way.

his Robert Greene interview is really good.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
From his site, it says he has earned $81k and has 75 days to go

Even if he doesn't make his goal, $81,000 is still very impressive. Thats a shit ton more than most will ever make on their own.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Even if he doesn't make his goal, $81,000 is still very impressive. Thats a shit ton more than most will ever make on their own.

I agree! Very impressive for someone his age, and in this timeframe. Who cares if it takes him a little longer to reach a million bucks? He'll have learned A LOT on the way.

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
Hmmm
$81,232.44 is what he made to date... (copied it from his site)...

and its been 2 years? 81,232.44/2 years= 40,616.22 a year... Avg. 169.23$ a day, with 20 days a month as word days. I'm not sure if its just me, but my landscaper can make that much a year.

Not trying to bash on the kid, and if he is reading this, did you ever read MJ's book bud? Even landscaping would be as profitable, if anything at least 100k a year (basing this number on how much my neighbor makes with his company).

I would agree that yes, he is doing better than other people, but...it seems he only found a way to make the same amount of money he would have made with a normal job, but instead doing everything but what would be contemplated as a "normal" job.

I do wish you luck.

(Anyone know how he got the "Amounted Earned" number on the site? Any possible way to have that number update on it's own? I think I would like having something like that update according to how much deposits are made in my bank account. I always wanted to have a big screen that had the number going up every second... it would be "proof" that I am getting that much closer to my goal).

Vote4cake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 28, 2013
Arlington, VA
Funny how I finally found out about this thread yesterday, and the challenge is going to be over in about 3 days.

I see that JackEdwards said in October 17th, 2013 that he had earned $81K according to Corey's website. It's now December 28th, 2013 -- more than two months later since that claim, and he still has $81K earned according to his website.
What's goin' on with Corey? I wonder how much money he has actually earned during this time?

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
How could he possibly have succeeded?

He just distracted himself big time. Thats it. He did it all wrong

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Some of you are missing the big picture here.

I think the network Corey has built during this process is 100x more valuable than the amount of money he's generated during this time.

So what if he didn't make his goal. If he leverages his network right, apply the lessons learned during this 2 year process and keeps going he could be worth millions within 5 years.

Regardless if Corey makes his goal or not, I'm pretty confident he ultimately will get there. Maybe not this year, or the next, but he will. Why? Because I still see him out there. He's doing shit. I seeing him doing interviews, podcasts, and other activities. I see he ran a crowdfund campaign. I see him poking the world with his ideas and still trying different things. This effort, while maybe not focused at the moment, is the very essence of success, and process. I commend him for his effort.

@millionaireby25 I would love to see you come back in here an update us on where you see yourself going from here!

Wishing you the best.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@AllenCrawley What comes to mind is Jaime Tardy of Eventual Millionaire (emphasis on eventual). I remember one day I heard or read somewhere someone criticizing her because she was not a millionaire.

She interviewed A LOT of them though (she has a very nice network now), she has her brand and internet presence, her services, and soon she will have a book (I will buy it once it is out) which I am sure will net her at least $1 million. All of that can be used to propel her to even more success if she wants to.

Corey can do something similar if he wanted to too. Plus I agree, I'm curious about what he is up to now. I never really looked into what he was doing but I can learn from it I'm sure.

I'm going to privately document myself from now on though, and maybe I will upload some videos to YouTube 'eventually' haha. Video journals and videos of me thinking aloud.

I've seen it before...the old videos or pictures of highly successful people. It's always great to see them. Even more so I imagine if they are of yourself and you can reflect on the past...nostalgia you know :happy:

Vespasian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Oct 4, 2013
so what have you done? where is your progress thread?
did you do it right?
Z

So you're only allowed to criticize people after you started your own progress thread here? Interesting.

He started 5 completely different business ventures in 2 years, hopping from idea to idea while filming fancy videos. He just got distracted. No focus, no real plan. That's not how you get to a million.

I wish him more hustling and less kumbaya bs in his next two years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.