The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
I tried finding a list or problems in need of a solution in the forum but wasn't able to.

IMO, this is the place to start when trying to come up with a new venture: noticing a need, and then deciding if you should pursue supplying a solution.

I'd love for this thread to become a massive list of problems and needs so that we can all, one by one, chip away at solving the problems/needs out there (and if you don't realize this already, this is a great way to become wealthy).

Here's a few I've noticed lately or wish existed:
  • Online returns can be annoying: A service to handle all of your returns for you (packing, taking them to be mailed, tracking the returns, etc.)
  • It's hard to keep photos and videos organized: Software to analyze a photo and correctly place it in a logical folder - keeping all your pictures/videos organized
  • It's often not great for your health to be at a computer too long: A way to be physically active while using a computer (I hear treadmill, but can't do it when typing)
  • Long distance transportation sucks: A way to travel longer distances without it being either very slow, expensive or uncomfortable
  • Having to fill out the same details over and over when seeing a doctor: man, I wish instead of filling out the same crap over and over, I could just grant access to it
  • Portable weights for weightlifting: I wish I could bring dumbbells or weights with me while travelling - maybe something that you could fill with water?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I tried finding a list or problems in need of a solution in the forum but wasn't able to.

IMO, this is the place to start when trying to come up with a new venture: noticing a need, and then deciding if you should pursue supplying a solution.

I'd love for this thread to become a massive list of problems and needs so that we can all, one by one, chip away at solving the problems/needs out there (and if you don't realize this already, this is a great way to become wealthy).

• Online returns can be annoying: A service to handle all of your returns for you (packing, taking them to be mailed, tracking the returns, etc.)
  • It's hard to keep photos and videos organized: Software to analyze a photo and correctly place it in a logical folder - keeping all your pictures/videos organized
  • It's often not great for your health to be at a computer too long: A way to be physically active while using a computer (I hear treadmill, but can't do it when typing)
  • Long distance transportation sucks: A way to travel longer distances without it being either very slow, expensive or uncomfortable
  • Having to fill out the same details over and over when seeing a doctor: man, I wish instead of filling out the same crap over and over, I could just grant access to it
  • Portable weights for weightlifting: I wish I could bring dumbbells or weights with me while travelling - maybe something that you could fill with water?

You really didn't look hard enough. We have the INE section of the forum. I think Lex has posted at least 2 posts with 100+ business ideas or something like that. There's also this post and this one. I'm sure there are more.

Edit: here is a Lex one...

Anyways, a list of ideas is an action fake. It doesn't help anyone get unstuck. People will still apply analysis paralysis to the list.

What matters is which one you are moving forward with? What problems can you solve that people will pay you to solve? What value are you bringing to the world?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
go to google ads console and see what keywords have the highest CPC

then see what businesses rank for those terms

then see what those businesses do

go down that list until you find a business that you like

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
You really didn't look hard enough. We have the INE section of the forum. I think Lex has posted at least 2 posts with 100+ business ideas or something like that. There's also this post and this one. I'm sure there are more.

Those are great and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

TBH, however, I think I did look hard enough (shouldn't I have found those in ~10 minutes of searching?). One of my forum searches had the exact text as the title of one of those that you linked to, but it didn't come up in the forum search results.

So there's a problem right there that could use a solution.

After trying again, it seems it works better to check "search titles only" in the search.

Last edited:

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
You really didn't look hard enough.
Also, I feel compelled to highlight this perspective. Normally I'd let this go, but this is an entrepreneur forum.

This is a perspective of placing the onus on the user/customer. Not allowing this attitude in my businesses, I believe, was one of the main factors in my success.

If you went up to someone in a grocery store and said, "I tried finding product X, but wasn't able to" and they replied "You really didn't look hard enough", what would you think?

They would be:
1) assuming I didn't look hard for it
2) assuming that the place was organized perfectly already and that it was the customer's fault for not finding it
3) telling the user/customer that they are responsible for efficiently locating the item

Even if all of the 3 above were true, the customer/user is always right, IMO.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Portable weights for weightlifting: I wish I could bring dumbbells or weights with me while travelling - maybe something that you could fill with water?

This brand right here is a productocracy. I love them so much that I signed up for their newsletter and hope they email me daily.

I just ordered their Ez-Vest and waiting for it to arrive, after which I'll probably post it in the lifestyle/hobbies thread. Yeah!!!!!

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Also, I feel compelled to highlight this perspective. Normally I'd let this go, but this is an entrepreneur forum.

This is a perspective of placing the onus on the user/customer. Not allowing this attitude in my businesses, I believe, was one of the main factors in my success.

If you went up to someone in a grocery store and said, "I tried finding product X, but wasn't able to" and they replied "You really didn't look hard enough", what would you think?

They would be:
1) assuming I didn't look hard for it
2) assuming that the place was organized perfectly already and that it was the customer's fault for not finding it
3) telling the user/customer that they are responsible for efficiently locating the item

Even if all of the 3 above were true, the customer/user is always right, IMO.

1. The customer is not always right. And you aren't buying anything here, so the grocery store analogy is not a good one. This is more like going to the library and complaining that you couldn't find the book you wanted, so you assumed it didn't exist and put your book on a random shelf, but you didn't bother to learn the Dewey decimal system.
2. I totally understand your point of view from the view of the customer. It's the view of the consumer. You have just told us that you approach to this forum from the view of a consumer.
3. You call this an entrepreneur forum, I think of it as an entrepreneur training ground. And from that point of view, an entrepreneur needs to have a can do attitude, a figure it out attitude, a don't give up attitude.

I gave you advice from the perspective of 3, and you are defending yourself from the perspective of 2.

I don't know who said it first on the forum, but we all have to choose whether we are on "team consumer" or "team producer".

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
1. The customer is not always right. And you aren't buying anything here, so the grocery store analogy is not a good one. This is more like going to the library and complaining that you couldn't find the book you wanted, so you assumed it didn't exist and put your book on a random shelf, but you didn't bother to learn the Dewey decimal system.
2. I totally understand your point of view from the view of the customer. It's the view of the consumer. You have just told us that you approach to this forum from the view of a consumer.
3. You call this an entrepreneur forum, I think of it as an entrepreneur training ground. And from that point of view, an entrepreneur needs to have a can do attitude, a figure it out attitude, a don't give up attitude.

I gave you advice from the perspective of 3, and you are defending yourself from the perspective of 2.

I don't know who said it first on the forum, but we all have to choose whether we are on "team consumer" or "team producer".

I understand your opinion. I've heard it a lot. But, man, you better think like a customer. You can only be a successful entrepreneur thinking like a customer. Service!! (Note that there's a pretty darn serious difference between a customer and consumer)

Is this forum (I know you say training ground, but it's in the url) a service? Don't you think MJ wants it to be as user friendly as possible?

And there's a reason libraries are dying, and you pretty much explained it right there. As MJ talks about, easification.

Personally, I am not swayed by your perspective. Some may be, which is fine. However, mine helped me retire 40 years early.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I am going to create a business idea generation newsletter and charge a subscription for it.

Though it sounds trollish, empirically the need is relatively high.

1) Search Lex's content in this form.
2) Hire a writer to organize the content
3) Hire Andy to run ads.
4) Hire Fox to build a website.

A "step by step" business idea is born.

Last edited:

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I understand your opinion. I've heard it a lot. But, man, you better think like a customer. You can only be a successful entrepreneur thinking like a customer. Service!! (Note that there's a pretty darn serious difference between a customer and consumer)

Is this forum (I know you say training ground, but it's in the url) a service? Don't you think MJ wants it to be as user friendly as possible?

And there's a reason libraries are dying, and you pretty much explained it right there. As MJ talks about, easification.

Personally, I am not swayed by your perspective. Some may be, which is fine. However, mine helped me retire 40 years early.

Congrats on your success. Most people who join the forum are not early retirees. It is good to get seasoned perspectives.

I think if you actually understood my perspective, you would realize we're not in an argument. It is possible to look at things from both perspectives.

My point was, hey fellow business owner, solve the problem for yourself. Business owners solve problems for breakfast. That's what we do.

And that's the perspective you are not swayed by? Lol. Ok buddy.

A quick side note, I know you just got here, but MJ has been very public about his frustration with the search feature. And if you had read the documentation at the beginning when you joined, you would know this already. I guess maybe he didn't make that easy enough for you.

If you'd been here for any length of time, you would also know that no forum software is perfect, and that he is in the process of migrating the forum.

You would also know that running a forum is a pretty thankless endeavor, because everyone thinks they have all the answers, and everyone thinks "the customer" is always right.

So there's a problem right there that could use a solution.

I look forward to you capitalizing on this market opportunity you've discovered of building a bigger better forum software. Isn't that the point of the thread?

TBH, however, I think I did look hard enough
After trying again, it seems it works better to check "search titles only" in the search.

I'm still chuckling at the irony of this. Even with the check box in front of you, you couldn't see the solution and are preaching "make it easier MJ".

You're not wrong. But it's still funny all the same.

This same certitude seems to be rejecting my perspective when it is a perfectly valid one.

Business owner should think like their customer, and they should think like a business owner. That's the kind of common sense that apparently isn't so common.

But hey, I am not as wealthy as you, so what do I know? I'm sure you have all the time in the world to come up with new business ideas, quibble about how difficult this free forum is for you, and preach about what you know.

I was just trying to help, but I got to go continue to build my empire now. This is the point of the conversation I normally wish people good luck in their endeavor, but given your forum handle, I'll save my breath in this case. ;)

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
My point was, hey fellow business owner, solve the problem for yourself...
And if you had read the documentation...
...maybe he didn't make that easy enough for you.

Yes, I understand that is what you are saying. You are saying that I, the user (or customer since this forum is a business), should do X, Y and Z.

And going back to my original point, you are placing the responsibility on the user/customer. As, MJ talks about, easification.
...I look forward to you capitalizing on this market opportunity you've discovered of building a bigger better forum software. Isn't that the point of the thread?

Nope, see my original post. There's lots of problems out there, and I am not going after every single one, of course.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yes, I understand that is what you are saying. You are saying that I, the user (or customer since this forum is a business), should do X, Y and Z.

And going back to my original point, you are placing the responsibility on the user/customer. As, MJ talks about, easification.

Nope, see my original post. There's lots of problems out there, and I am not going after every single one, of course.

Oh so we are just having a back and forth discussing a problem MJ has known he has had for over 10 years? How helpful you are.

Side note, you aren't a forum sponsor nor a inside member. Ergo, you are a freeloading consumer of this forum, not a customer of this forum.

I'm still chuckling at the irony of this. Even with the check box in front of you, you couldn't see the solution and are preaching "make it easier MJ".

This. Is. Still. Funny.

Anyways, a list of ideas is an action fake. It doesn't help anyone get unstuck. People will still apply analysis paralysis to the list.

What matters is which one you are moving forward with? What problems can you solve that people will pay you to solve? What value are you bringing to the world?

Speaking of original points, I'm disappointed you proved mine. This thread is a redundant waste of time. Even without the knowledge that other threads exist, this is a self serving waste of time.

As a consumer of your words, I am asking that you do better with your thread starting next time. Take the feedback or don't. See you on the next one Fam.

For anyone else reading, if you want to be a business owner, learn how to solve problems, not simply bitch about them.

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
... you are a freeloading consumer of this forum, not a customer of this forum.
Are you sure about that? Think big picture about any forum.
For anyone else reading, if you want to be a business owner, learn how to solve problems, not simply bitch about them.
Agreed. That is fairly obvious.

Read what is written in this thread and try applying all perspectives. I've tried them all. Some work, some don't.

As someone who has succeeded in "the fastlane" with multiple business successes, I recommend you never put the responsibility of a great experience on the user/customer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.