The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREE IDEAS if you're stuck

Idea threads

Andrew W

Be a Provider.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 12, 2018
I have this list of ideas that I've been updating regularly. You can take any of these ideas and use them for yourself. Since ideas have no bearing on success and only execution does I don't mind sharing them. So here is a list of ideas with a little blurb on what they are. Some are specific others are vague. Each of them DEFINITELY need more work put into them if you choose to go with one. Also, they do not have written ways of making money off of them, this is for you decide. Have fun and here is the list!

Keep in mind I have not done any additional research for these ideas, they may have been done before but I'm sure if you felt like it you could definitely skew the market in your favor on some of them. They are not all great but you might find some gems.

I encourage others to post some ideas they have as well. No need to however. THANKS and enjoy!

BUSINESS IDEAS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video editing service – get videos from people and have others edit them, get a percentage off of it

Lawn Care Management Software – software that lets people manage clients and mows for them

Golf organizing software – software/website that lets people opt-in to a golf match with others

WatchmyDog – Website that lets the people you trust view when you need your dog to be taken care of

WatchmyHouse - ^^ but for houses

GymFinder – a place that finds gyms near you, includes rates, etc.

Companion – a little “you” that has stats so you can keep track of your life. Integrates w/ facebook.

VapeStats.com – a website that shows stats for all the major vapes so that people can know what they are getting into. (This one can work with any product but vapes seemed to be getting a lot of market traction recently)

Decide – a tool that helps people make “tough” decisions by breaking them down.

Didactic – an app/website that enables people to work together on learning a subject.

Loopables – website where you can purchase “loopable” videos for use in videos or apps

AdventureStore – an online store that sells “adventure” kits, hooks in travel sites, gear and everything into one package.

Clothing store/app – brickAndMortar store to try clothes on and a companion app where you purchase clothing.

Loopables music – short 6-second audio clips that can be mixed and mastered for use on the app and for other services.

Easy home designer – let’s you design a home with brand-name items then shows you where to buy the items online

QuickBrand – website/app that lets someone get a reasonable branding strategy setup in minutes for their company (colorscheme, quicklogo, banners, promo material)

Vendly – Connect with vendors in your area that can come to your event. (Create event pages, vendors can be contacted through FB, T, E-mail, and then you can get a list of vendors for your event. Vendors can be found online and get more customers)

Handy – a service that lets you find handymen, cleaners, plumbers, etc. in your area to fix up your home.

Autolist – an app that provides quick, step-by-step instructions to work on your car / diagnose issues. (Diagnose page, fill out symptom list and figure out what might be wrong w/ your car. Fix-it, 10-step instructions to fix your car.)

Movin’ Out – shows essential items you need when you move out. (items you need, bills you’ll pay, things you have to think about, loans, taxes, etc.)

Deaddrop – game you play with friends that progressively shows clues about the location of something until you eventually find it. (GPS, landmark recognition, etc.)

Quilted – app/website to list and sell quilts, blankets, pillow covers, curtains, etc. (get people who quilt to upload quilts onto the site/app, make “collections” for people to browse quilts, easy purchase. Customers can ask for commissions so a quilter they like can make a quilt for them for a set price.)

Parts – people can list parts that they have and people can easily search through. (Works best if there is a warehouse that stores parts). The sellers list their parts and send them in, buyers buy from us.

Pasque – a site that sells meditation equipment (meditation cushions, incense, etc.)

Digital Graffiti – app that uses augmented reality to display graffiti overlaid onto the real world. (Image matching, gps, AR, content streaming, etc.)

MowTimer – uses google maps to determine how large and “difficult” a lawn is to mow, this way we can provide an estimate for how long it will take to mow.

Blackbook – transient contact information, give someone your information for a set amount of time. (Ability to generate contact info, let people use it and then delete it after the time expires)
I'm actively looking into ways to get this one off the ground, if you can do it first though more power to ya!

Campspots – find spots where people have camped and they are rate-able (Rating System, Comfortability, Amenities)

Trailheads – find trails that people have hiked. (Rating system, Time, Difficulty, Views)

Roundtrip – a site that let’s you plan a vacation/travel experience and shows you lots of information. (Plot a course, estimated times for travel, areas of interest, activities, brings up relevant information for booking everything in one foul swoop.

The Do – offers recommended haircuts for your faceshape, or lets you browse them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting list, some good ideas, some being done, and some odd ones as well. Most of them are challenged with a revenue model and monetization issue.

Deaddrop – game you play with friends that progressively shows clues about the location of something until you eventually find it. (GPS, landmark recognition, etc.)

Geocaching?

Blackbook – transient contact information, give someone your information for a set amount of time. (Ability to generate contact info, let people use it and then delete it after the time expires)
I'm actively looking into ways to get this one off the ground, if you can do it first though more power to ya!

I don't get it. I recommend this plumber, but if you don't use him in 24 hours, his contact disappears?

Andrew W

Be a Provider.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 12, 2018
Interesting list, some good ideas, some being done, and some odd ones as well. Most of them are challenged with a revenue model and monetization issue.

Geocaching?

I don't get it. I recommend this plumber, but if you don't use him in 24 hours, his contact disappears?

It was more so for if you wanted to work with someone but didn't want to give them your personal information (i.e. real phone number and email). This way you don't compromise your actual contact info. If that makes sense. I'm looking into it to see if there is demand for something like this and if people will actually use it. Thanks!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Some type of balance board to practice ''surfing''

I do every board sport & struggle the most with surfing, its super hard to balance on the board while getting up.

https://www.amazon.ca/Carrom-Exerci...ocphy=9001313&hvtargid=pla-316213018297&psc=1

Something like that except it would need to be big enough to lay down on and practice standing up on it (also way cheaper)

Most likely would buy something like that if it existed & was a reasonable price point.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Decide.
Sounds good.
However the Boss (my name for our host) has outlined the matrix in TMF and this is a very subjective issue.
The Weighted Average Decision Matrix.
Could it be used, is it a copyright issue, probably not.
Interesting ideas OP.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Despite finding it annoying that people call new businesses 'the uber of xxx', I'm quite taken with the idea of the 'uber of lawnmowing', in that punter can post lawnmowing jobs, and registered lawnmowers can accept / reverse auction bid for them, cutting down travel times between jobs to improve efficiency / lower prices (or increase margins depending how competitive it is)

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
Despite finding it annoying that people call new businesses 'the uber of xxx', I'm quite taken with the idea of the 'uber of lawnmowing', in that punter can post lawnmowing jobs, and registered lawnmowers can accept / reverse auction bid for them, cutting down travel times between jobs to improve efficiency / lower prices (or increase margins depending how competitive it is)

There are lots of them out there. I used Lawnstarter and Lawnlove as a contractor. They have a place. Of course there is room for improvement, so it's still a valid idea to pursue.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
There are lots of them out there. I used Lawnstarter and Lawnlove as a contractor. They have a place. Of course there is room for improvement, so it's still a valid idea to pursue.

That's super interesting, as neither service (or anything similar) appears to be in Australia. Whilst not a massive market in the context of the US, there's likely still 7 - 9 million lawns, which is a decent addressable market!

Which just goes to show that you thinking can be pigeonholed by looking at competition only in your own backyard!

If you just change your field of vision slightly, then a whole world of opportunities can open up!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I think it's more like Craigslists use of email. They act as a middleman so neither party has to give up their personal email in case of spam and whatnot.

Could be useful for many things like dating, buying/selling, anything that you might want some anonymity at first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.