The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
I popped in another thread maybe a little more recent than yours and it caught my eye. The guy made some legitimate points and provided good value to all the wantrepreneurs reading his post. Second comment already hating on one sentence about college not being the return on investment most people make it out to be. Out of a sea of valuable information, that is what he took away from the post. Freaking hilarious. I found myself literally shaking my head in disbelief. Someone pointed out, that perhaps he found himself in the wrong forum. Im not uber successful like some people yet, but I fail to understand how so many people continue to think like that with everything going on around them as it is.

Good on you for at least trying to offer something valuable to some folks. Keep being you dude and ignore the haters.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hacktick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Man reddit can be so brutal/wishy washy at times. However when you consider their primary demographic all the negativity makes more sense.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I don't get what you mean. The thread looks OK to me. They have some concerns but overall it was just for clarifications. Limitless used it for corrections. Better than having a thread where everyone says this looks OK.

Gesendet von meinem XT1072 mit Tapatalk

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
Most reddit users love to complain about something, someone, anything. Instead of doing something to improve their own lives, they hide behind a computer screen in their moms basement or college dorm and tend to bash anything that doesn't fit into their perspective of normal life. This is not everyone but the majority seem to suffer this thought process and the fact that he is getting those type of responses on the "entrepreneur" section of reddit tells the whole story. Don't get me wrong reddit has it purpose and I have used the site myself to find needs that need solutions. It is fine to ask questions of someones contribution or purpose but many seemingly dismissed him before getting any of the value he is capable of providing.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Update - People are signing up even when I don't have any live marketing campaigns :) Amazing feeling!

Not sure if it's from the youtube videos I put out there. From my signature on this forum. From my articles, facebook posts, referrals from current members, etc.

I was watching a youtube video the other day from another self development company that is very successful. His strategy is to give 100x more value up front for free (Via articles, free seminars, youtube videos, etc.) without expecting anything in return.

So based on that, I Switched up my homepage not trying to sell people (because most of them don't know me of the value I can offer...yet). And the main call to action is a free training course that answers the top 2 questions of my market:

1-How to find the path to your goals
2-How to take more action.

Creating a 30 day email training course offering as much value up front as possible, with the last week of the course introducing some of the advanced concepts from my mindset training course.

Been also recording youtube videos for free with other fastlaners who live in Scottsdale.
-Using Veeroll.com for my paid traffic on youtube, but they have a keyword tool inside of there so I can figure out the volume for popular keywords.
-Using those keywords in my description and tags on my youtube video.
-Right now, that's all i'm doing to rank the videos, but will contact popular blogs and send them videos to post on there if it relates to their audience.

Once this email autoresponder free course is up and complete, the only thing I have left to do for this movement is providing value.
That video is well done. Great work. I was feeling motivated by watching. ;)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Stop hiding behind your computer.

It's not a new concept, I've heard @Kak and others say it plenty of times.

In the past, I always wanted to hide behind my computer, make passive income, and be free. But nothing ever grew at a massive scale by doing that.

Yesterday, an assistant from one of the "sharks" from shark tank reached out to me via email.

st.png

After doing some research on the media company she referenced, it appears that it would include filming material for television spots (nothing to do with shark tank - but a separate venture they have).

I've had a lot of people reach out to me after the Inc. Magazine article come out, so my best guess is that is how I got on their radar.

To be honest, my first reaction after reading this was a little bit out of fear to leave my existing comfort zone. But after taking care of that, and just doing the thing that I'm not used to doing...I have a meeting scheduled this week to go over the details.

Regardless of what the meeting leads to, this experience woke me up to breaking free of the "hide behind the computer" mentality.

Now, instead of recording courses on powerpoint and a microphone, I feel the need to level up - and rent out a studio and become more professional. The content has always been there, but after seeing their other work - the delivery matters just as much.

What can you do to level up and break free from your "hide behind my computer" world?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Two more interesting things...

1. (hope they don't read this now lol) - I waited 23 hours to reply to that email because I was scared to break out of my comfort zone, and almost didn't jump at the potential opportunity.

2. In the past, I would view something like this as having them be a higher level as me - multi-billion dollar company, made multiple millionaires in the process...But now I view it differently. I have something unique to deliver that would add a LOT of value to their market. Instead of 'looking up' to them. I view it as a mutually beneficial partnership if it goes through.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just got off the phone:

The offer would be to have a 30 second and 60 second infomercial filmed for my product on personal development.
  • The 30 second commercial would appear 150 times in local markets across the U.S. and once in the national market
  • The 60 second commercial would be opened by Kevin Harrington (Season 1 shark tank) and would appear 50 times in local markets and once in the national market.
I would be responsible for all the back end of it - having the website setup, 1-800 numbers, etc.

The cost to me would be $19,000 including script writing, filming, and all of the air time. (plus any back end setup such as 1-800 numbers and the such)

I haven't done much research into the television-advertising market to really understand the value I'd be getting here. Initial readings say that this would be a small test into a larger campaign - which may be hit or miss. It sounds like a good test - but I'm not sure if my business is ready for it at this stage.

Anyone here with experience in the TV ad market able to weigh in?

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Just got off the phone:

The offer would be to have a 30 second and 60 second infomercial filmed for my product on personal development.
  • The 30 second commercial would appear 150 times in local markets across the U.S. and once in the national market
  • The 60 second commercial would be opened by Kevin Harrington (Season 1 shark tank) and would appear 50 times in local markets and once in the national market.
I would be responsible for all the back end of it - having the website setup, 1-800 numbers, etc.

The cost to me would be $19,000 including script writing, filming, and all of the air time. (plus any back end setup such as 1-800 numbers and the such)

I haven't done much research into the television-advertising market to really understand the value I'd be getting here. Initial readings say that this would be a small test into a larger campaign - which may be hit or miss. It sounds like a good test - but I'm not sure if my business is ready for it at this stage.

Anyone here with experience in the TV ad market able to weigh in?
Is there anyway you can get that script writing and filming done elsewhere and cut the cost?

btw- read the article you posted: http://evolutionlimitless.com/how-i...le-i-was-sleeping-and-traveled-for-18-months/

Love it. Grabbed my attention the moment I opened it. Thanks, Andrew.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Is there anyway you can get that script writing and filming done elsewhere and cut the cost?

btw- read the article you posted: http://evolutionlimitless.com/how-i...le-i-was-sleeping-and-traveled-for-18-months/

Love it. Grabbed my attention the moment I opened it. Thanks, Andrew.
I haven't looked around yet.

After talking it out with my mastermind, right now doesn't seem like the right time for this. It's definitely a nice wakeup call of options outside the internet realm though.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Revenue from udemy course after two weeks. The extent of the work I put in - built the course, sent off free course coupons to friends and family, and it appears udemy organic search handles the rest.

Also noticed they do retargeting for the courses on there, and the image you set for your main image is the retargeting ad image. That will be fun to test with :)

upload_2015-11-15_16-22-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-15_16-22-54.png
    upload_2015-11-15_16-22-54.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 26

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
11/21/2015 update -

Inc Magazine Exposure
I'm noticing close to 2,000 organic monthly visitors in the last month from the Inc Magazine article. I feel it would benefit the brand to increase my effort to do guest blogging and other writeups. I'm going to start writing more blog posts in line with major industry themes and reaching out to writers to see how I can help them with their jobs.

T.V. Commercials
I decided not to go with the infomercials through Kevin's company. The main reason is because the cost of $19,000 would be a small test before doing a larger campaign and I don't have my backend optimized for that and I don't feel it's the best use of my marketing budget now. Also, they said this is their first time doing this type of things for personal development products. I would prefer to go with someone who is more experienced.

Book
I passed my original deadline for publishing the book because I'm making sure the content is 100% there. No MVP on this one.

Udemy Courses
Less than $150 in sales from my first course, and I just submitted my second course today for review. The price point is higher and it's in a different niche, so I'll see how it goes. The interesting thing is that I see Udemy is doing remarketing ads for courses people view on there, so that should help with promotion.

Website
Conversion rate was low when the main call to action was an email opt int. Switched the homepage up to a direct sale landing page and more geared towards a specific audience. Purchased forum software to create a private mastermind community of action takers.

Products
I began taking an NLP Master Practitioner course. It's a 400ish page workbook, and 3 cases of DVDs for training. For the first time in a long time, I was really anticipating the arrival of a product. It got me to thinking of looking into upgrading the length and content of my courses and turn them into two physical products over the next year. Up until now, my courses were 100% online, but I'm thinking the manuals and physical aspect of it will make it more valuable for the customers.

upload_2015-11-21_22-23-41.png

Company Vision
This is where people say my dreams get a little big.

I've been really inspired by Elon Musk lately. He said something in an interview where he feels that too many entrepreneurs spend their time "entertaining consumers" and that the world would be a better place if more of us spend our focus on doing innovative things that improve the world. His values definitely align with mine right now.

So my new vision of the future is to create a network and training hub to turn people with big dreams in life into some of the most successful innovators on Earth. I'm starting to do this by helping remove the obstacles that stand between people and their goals. The training courses and community I create will help others do that, mixed with my NLP knowledge - I will create a way to get people to take action.

The ultimate vision is to use Limitless Academy as a training ground, and then I can personally invest in "the best of the best". The investment part is something I don't see coming around until at least 2017 so over the next year the main focus will be in creating a curriculum and community in innovation, and push people in the direction of creating things that help make the world a better place.

Next steps -
  1. Finish the sale of my first business (minus maybe one or two of my apps).
  2. Create my next two Udemy courses this week.
  3. Create video sales letter for homepage of limitless.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just started a new accountability month with KY (whatever your name on the forum is). Our goal is to record videos every day until the end of the year.
This is my first one after taking a while off to do other things. It can only go up from here :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Products
I began taking an NLP Master Practitioner course. It's a 400ish page workbook, and 3 cases of DVDs for training. For the first time in a long time, I was really anticipating the arrival of a product. It got me to thinking of looking into upgrading the length and content of my courses and turn them into two physical products over the next year. Up until now, my courses were 100% online, but I'm thinking the manuals and physical aspect of it will make it more valuable for the customers.

upload_2015-11-21_22-23-41-png.11092

Began production of the first physical training product - Ran a test of one of my online courses through paid traffic and did around $6,000 in revenue from it, and got overwhelming positive reviews of how my product help people's lives.

Creating a folder for screenshots of real (unsolicited) feedback from my courses:

upload_2015-12-5_12-38-49.png

Now i'm upgrading all of the content of the course - adding more value and resources, and turning it into a fundamentals training program with the level of training I received from the physical product above. My goal is to

The need/problem: There are countless people out there who want to make a positive impact in the world, and invent new ideas, and they have no clue where to start. As a result of not being properly educated, and trained - great, world-changing ideas are never brought into existence.

The Solution: Real, fundamental training (no shortcuts or step-by-step hand holding). When someone asked me about my product the other day, this is my response.

I'm basically solving all of the mental/educational problems I went through since 2011 - and my goal is to help others get to the level where I am at in months, instead of years.

upload_2015-12-5_12-41-21.png

The marketing plan:
  • I've already been running YouTube paid ads to build an audience who can benefit from this product. There is a large group of people already searching for what I'm creating.
  • Google Search also has millions of people per month searching for things related to my product.
  • Sponsorship ad on this forum, because I notice others are going through the same struggles I pushed through.
  • The book I'm publishing early next year will make people aware of my brand.
I will get them on an email list and personally help as many people as I can help one on one through their problems, and then let them decide from that point if my training is right for them.

How will I make money:

After speaking to some mentors of mine who run similar types of companies, we decided the best plan is to not take a profit from the sales, and reinvest it all into helping more people. In 2017 and beyond, the plan will be to invest in the top performers of people who go through the plan, and only become successful when they have success.

This will force us to have the bet quality training out there, and make sure we do everything to server people who are taking action and helping themselves.

The Next Steps: Finish up the training manual with all the information needed to get people on track to success.
After That: Re-record powerpoint lectures, design DVD case/packaging, and put everything together.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-5_12-41-17.png
    upload_2015-12-5_12-41-17.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
12/10/2015 - First physical product?

I hate physical products, I never wanted to sell one, I don't want to deal with inventory. R@WR

Apps were fun because I don't have to deal with inventory and they are "passive". People buy the product, and they get it instantly. Win-win, right?

But I found a need that I'm struggling with.

My family is continuing to ask me about Christmas presents. I don't really need anything and never ask for anything.

Option 1 - Say I don't want anything, and wind up with clothes that are out of style.
Option 2 - Tell them that I want to start a non-profit so I can give to other people.
Option 3 - There is one thing I do kind of need - It's in the medical-ish field. More like preventative than medical. I looked at the prices online and the products cost around $70.

I go on Alibaba and I can get 10 of them for less than that price

As the entrepreneur I am, I'm thinking of keeping one for myself, and then selling the rest.

I checked google trends, and it appears to still be on an upward spiral.

upload_2015-12-10_23-16-26.png

Google keyword planner says a direct search for the main term has 22,000 monthly searches. (this doesn't include brand names of major competitors, etc.)

upload_2015-12-10_23-18-33.png

I don't even know if this is a good idea to start this because I have a lot of other things I'm working on, with looking to sell my first business, finish up my training program i'm creating, as well as the book.

What's the worst that can happen? I have a lifetime supply of what I will use anyway.

@Andy Black - Your google adwords talk with me over a year ago is being put to good use. Sometimes we are delayed in taking action. I thank you for that!

Let's give the guy some rep speed :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
12/10/2015 - First physical product?

I hate physical products, I never wanted to sell one, I don't want to deal with inventory. R@WR

Apps were fun because I don't have to deal with inventory and they are "passive". People buy the product, and they get it instantly. Win-win, right?

But I found a need that I'm struggling with.

My family is continuing to ask me about Christmas presents. I don't really need anything and never ask for anything.

Option 1 - Say I don't want anything, and wind up with clothes that are out of style.
Option 2 - Tell them that I want to start a non-profit so I can give to other people.
Option 3 - There is one thing I do kind of need - It's in the medical-ish field. More like preventative than medical. I looked at the prices online and the products cost around $70.

I go on Alibaba and I can get 10 of them for less than that price

As the entrepreneur I am, I'm thinking of keeping one for myself, and then selling the rest.

I checked google trends, and it appears to still be on an upward spiral.

View attachment 11207

Google keyword planner says a direct search for the main term has 22,000 monthly searches. (this doesn't include brand names of major competitors, etc.)

View attachment 11208

I don't even know if this is a good idea to start this because I have a lot of other things I'm working on, with looking to sell my first business, finish up my training program i'm creating, as well as the book.

What's the worst that can happen? I have a lifetime supply of what I will use anyway.

@Andy Black - Your google adwords talk with me over a year ago is being put to good use. Sometimes we are delayed in taking action. I thank you for that!

Let's give the guy some rep speed :)
As you would say: "What's the BEST that can happen?" :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
As you would say: "What's the BEST that can happen?" :)
haha The funny thing is that I actually typed that first, but when I realized that the 'worst' case scenario is actually a good outcome.... It fits just as well :)

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I have imported stuff from China while having no intention of starting an entire business/brand. More recently, I almost pulled the trigger on a test shipment of a certain product but at the last minute got too busy to even consider moving forward.

If you start to dig deeper then you might find out that the deal on Alibabi might not be as good as it looks, or it might be. You really have to look at a bunch of different stuff. I uncovered a lot of different items that had a much lower landed price after digging deeper.

But regardless, I think it's a good skill to learn just to test the waters. I dedicated an hour every night for about 2 weeks to learning, research, and communicating with suppliers. It will really open up your mind to opportunities everywhere. I think it's worth it just to learn the ropes, but if you're just going to import a random product without doing research on the correct supplier then that might be a waste. I have done that before and it cost me nothing but $$$ and big headaches because it's hard to return products to china haha

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I dedicated an hour every night for about 2 weeks to learning, research, and communicating with suppliers.
Mentors, my friend... mentors. :)

I spent 20 minutes on skype picking @1step 's brain on alibaba when the chinese manufacturer was quoting me $22 per unit at 100 units (while the sample for one was $20).

Lesson learned from the deal: Be willing to walk away from the deal, and you will win. Once I said I was going with their competitor, they said they could do it for $7 :D

Then I found some unique products in the Dog nice - I see it dong well getting in front of the audience of the apps.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Rule of negotiations, the person willing to walk away has the advantage.

Me: How much per unit?
Them: $22
Me: I found another company to do it for $4.85, thank you for your time
Them: We can do $7

...ordered 5 samples to see what quality I like the best.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Finished creating my "Fundamentals of Internet Entrepreneurship" training course.

I have 189 page, 30,810 word workbook, and a 7 module training course to help others get the experience it took me years to get.

My eyes are bloodshot red from staring at the computer screen for the past 2 months, my legs fell asleep from sitting down too much, and I wound up in the doctor..but I know it is worthit!

This is the course that will help a lot of people on their journey, and I'm excited for the people who will take action on it.

Getting ready to write the sales copy and launch a new part of my business, which will take over 2016 :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Second sample - (well I ordered 20 units so I don't think it can be called a sample) -

Took product pictures
Listed on amazon
About to run traffic.

upload_2015-12-28_17-20-23.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Are you going to try Amazon PPC first or something else?
I own a magazine in the industry with a lot of readers, so I'm going to place ads in that first.

Then I'm going to run youtube paid ads to targeted videos- and I'll use that to create a really cheap retargeting list because you don't need the person to click your ad on youtue in order to be added to the list - after that I'll run Google Display ads using that retargeting list.

Amazon was just a "might as well put it up there" type thing. Do you have any experience with Amazon PPC ads?

Cost per unit shipped to my door currently is $4.75 - Price point is $19.95 on amazon.

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
I own a magazine in the industry with a lot of readers, so I'm going to place ads in that first.

Then I'm going to run youtube paid ads to targeted videos- and I'll use that to create a really cheap retargeting list because you don't need the person to click your ad on youtue in order to be added to the list - after that I'll run Google Display ads using that retargeting list.

Amazon was just a "might as well put it up there" type thing. Do you have any experience with Amazon PPC ads?

Cost per unit shipped to my door currently is $4.75 - Price point is $19.95 on amazon.

Actually I asked because I'm very new to paid ads, I've done fb a few times with limited success and I'm about to try Amazon PPC for the first time. That's great that it's a product you can sell to your magazine audience, and the margins look nice too. Interested to see how the youtube and google works out.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Actually I asked because I'm very new to paid ads, I've done fb a few times with limited success and I'm about to try Amazon PPC for the first time. That's great that it's a product you can sell to your magazine audience, and the margins look nice too. Interested to see how the youtube and google works out.
I'll post updates!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

Amazon PPC is a must try. Depending on competitiveness of the search terms, this could be crazy profitable, and clicks are going to convert way better than traffic from anywhere else.

This Facebook group is the best resource I've seen on Amazon PPC. Check out the "files" section for some guides that the admin has put together for some really optimized campaigns.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Lessons learned this week:
  1. If you want to be covered by the press - be something worth writing about.
  2. You can push yourself to overload and it will take a toll on your health. Take a break every so often and get outside. Meditate. Relax.
  3. A product I may sell in the future may have saved my life.
  4. People don't learn by reading. They learn by DOing.
The most important thing I learned through one of the students going through my course is the 4th thing I just mentioned.

A problem with 'info products'...no, not just info products, but the mainstream education system is that people think they accomplish things by absorbing content and reading. This is a big problem, because you only truly learn by DOing and experiencing.

One of the fastlaners going through my course emailed me with a question and I decided to try something new with him. He took the course for a low price, but I decided to help him one on one and coach him on starting the type of business that was my first big success.

The first task, but a domain name and setup a quick homepage - Very easy...almost unneccesary though.

The real lesson came in when I told him to get 20 influencers to write for the magazine I'm helping him start. I have a magazine with 70,000 readers in that niche, which will offer value to the influencers (kind of a shortcut, but it will help him).

I did this knowing that almost none of them will reply.

I know this because that's what happened when I first did it. I wanted to give up.
I know this because someone else I partnered with had to email 300 people just to get the first YES.

The real lesson lays on what he does next, after he got rejected. I knew he would, and I Was sitting here waiting for him to tell me.

It wasn't until he took the action, before I gave him the lesson. On face value, the lesson was "you're going to hear a lot of no's until you get a yes". But reading this will do nothing. IT won't resonate with you by reading it, even if you think it will do.

What he does next will determine if he really understands that lesson.

When you hear 100 no's, will you keep pushing forward? Or will you jump to the next thing, expecting instant success?

This is a first step for me in creating the real program I've been wanting to create to help others.

Re-inventing education. Learn through experience.

The fun part will be setting future students up for failure and seeing how they react? Most people will get annoyed and give up.

I think this calls for a screening process.

Also, more people keep asking about my book from the Deconstructing Success thread.

It's ready...when it's ready. Quality > time. ;)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Physical Product Update:

My sister saw the samples and asked if she could give them to her friend. I gave her 2 of them, expecting nothing in return.

She just showed me how her friend posted pictures all over Facebook, saying she loves them, tagging all of her friends, people asking where they could get them.

Also another friend of hers who saw those pictures liked the items and asked about a wholesale arrangement for him to sell in his store.

Anyone with experience - If I get an item to my door for for $3 each including shipping, and they sell for anywhere between $10 and $20 - what's a fair price to sell it to a store for?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Got my physical product into 2 retail locations and the owner of those said he may be able to wholesale to other retail stores throughout the area.

All this happened because I gave away free samples to people to see how they like it, they loved it and shared it on Facebook. This guy saw it and was immediately interested.

Time to place a larger order.

Also - found a buyer for one of my apps. This particular app has a decemt user base, but hasn't monetized too well over the last year so the sale price is fairly lower than expected.

I haven't been able to go on the computer for the last 3 days due to semi-severe eye strain - total revenue - in those 3 days - about $950.

This month has been very...."interesting" - more updates on that soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.