The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Holy smoke! There we are just shooting the beeze and now I'm officially on my very first podcast! Check me out with my Blue Yeti mic.

I sound a bit sibilant, and you sound much clearer. I'll try and figure that out.

Thanks for recording and sharing that Andrew. I played it back and thought it sounded quite good, and hopefully helped other listeners out.
I was going to post it on your [HASHTAG]#andytalks[/HASHTAG] thread - and saw you did a 2 minute video on the same topic :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Calamity

debias.me
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 7, 2016
Germany
I know that this is a minor nitpick and probably not worth your time, but the kerning of the text "LIMITLESS" in your logos seems off to me. It looks like "L IMI TLESS" (exaggerated). I've moved the characters a bit in GIMP, which made it look nicer to me.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was going to post it on your [HASHTAG]#andytalks[/HASHTAG] thread - and saw you did a 2 minute video on the same topic :D
Please do. It's a good example of what you're thinking about too. Using shorter, unpolished content, in conjunction with longer, more polished content.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I recorded this video because I came across two girls who have amazing signing voices. They want to get their music out there - but they are scared. The world deserves to hear them sing - and they would be doing a disservice by keeping it to themselves.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
2/29 Update -

Decided not to sell my first business, because of the potential that I was sitting on.

Brought on a partner and decided to make the magazine 100% free to readers, funded by advertisers who want to reach our readerbase of 100,000+ readers.

In the process of working out deals with $100 Million brands in the niche, setting a sales goal of $15,000 this month.

Hiring 2 part time employees this month, and a project manager/graphic designer next month.

This will be fun :)

Book content coming along - youtube videos recorded - have to upload them when time frees up this week.

Currently looking for a partner on a second magazine that I'm going to revamp.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So I saw a witchdoctor last night, and lots of progress today.

Magazine business update -

Chilled with a friend tonight who offered 13 articles that he's using on his website -and he offered to let use them in my magazine - So the content is created for the next 2 months between that and the other articles we have.

hired a graphic designer to create each magazine issue for $10/page - total cost roughly $600.

Business partner is talking with a company to hire 2 freelance employees to handle sales emails.

In talks with a large brand in Japan to get distribution in that country - Have to talk about how the magazine will be translated and who will handle distribution there.

Anyhow - main lesson lately - see a witch doctor and work on your business and not in your business.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Met a girl, she is awesome.

She wants to sell a health product, is getting me into snowboarding and rock climbing...and will fill the empty gaps that were in my life when i was in a workaholic mode.

Decided to make a change: Going to grow my own brand at AndrewAlexander.org - because that will be tied to the three books I have in the works for the upcoming years.

On that site, I will link to limitless and use it as one of my many marketing channels.

Added consulting services to my product offerings - because those seem to get the quickest results for people.

Going to move my 2 remaining courses from my site to Udemy so I Won't have much technical issues to deal with.

Aside from growing my personal brand (youtube, blog, magazine) and doing consultations - I will be putting a lot of focus on my first company now - after closing a 4 figure sale the other week which is taking that in a new direction.

Failure brings clarity - October marked the shift in a new direction in my life.

...time to go buy snowboarding clothes.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So this is for my other business - I made a contact who has been sourcing products in china for quite some time now as an employee.

He recently went out on his own to start his own business, so i'm doing my best to contact him with my network of entrepreneurs in the U.S. who are looking to source unique and high quality products from china.

Started a Skype chat with my business partner on the dog brand - who is importing a physical product to advertise to our audience.

then, started another Skype chat with another fastlaner who is looking to import 100 products this year.

I don't have deep experience with this contact, but I like to help people when they are first starting out - when I notice they are hard working. I see he is a hard worker, so my goal is to help him grow his business, even if it's not of a monetary benefit to me right now.

I think when this relationship is deeper in place, I can provide him with a lot of entrepreneurs who I train through Limitless and also for finding products of my own in the future to grow multiple brands.

My main focus this year is building the loyal audiences and building the traffic.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Latest youtube update -

Went hiking with a friend and compared climbing a mountain to this journey in entrepreneurship.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Something BIGGGGG is in the works for Limitless Success Magazine, coming on May 1st - huge breakthrough.....don't quite want to say what it is...but on may 1st....I'll send an update!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Ordered 100 units of something from china....

Got 50 in the mail...

Messaged my sourcing guy to contact the factory...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Learned how to create a channel trailer for my youtube channel today...

This way I have a call to action video for new visitors telling them to subscribe to my channel - I'll see how the subscriptions go from here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBw5FlQjNfBiMhk0ssqygRg

Another common mistake people make when they first learn something and want to help others...

The solution - help others get results - it's that simple.

Michael Moore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Apr 6, 2014
Athy, County Kildare, Ireland
So I saw a witchdoctor last night, and lots of progress today.

Magazine business update -

Chilled with a friend tonight who offered 13 articles that he's using on his website -and he offered to let use them in my magazine - So the content is created for the next 2 months between that and the other articles we have.

hired a graphic designer to create each magazine issue for $10/page - total cost roughly $600.

Business partner is talking with a company to hire 2 freelance employees to handle sales emails.

In talks with a large brand in Japan to get distribution in that country - Have to talk about how the magazine will be translated and who will handle distribution there.

Anyhow - main lesson lately - see a witch doctor and work on your business and not in your business.

Working in a business does not give one time to expand your thinking so as you can expand your business, after all you are the business and you have to expand first
Love the posts, keep up the great work

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
June 2016 - Marketing & Advertising
Thinking of reaching out to Gary Vaynerchuk of VaynerMedia for the cover story.

July 2016 - Raising Capital

Thinking of reaching out to Brad Feld, author of Venture Deals/Venture Capitalist for the cover story.
Already have 3 stories lined up from people who raised $10 Million of capital for their businesses over the years

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
5/8/2016

1. Been doing consulting calls with success for clients
  2. Creating a training program to help people get from where they are to where they want to be, with all the practical skills they need to get there (really excited about this)
  3. Gaining interviews for limitless success magazine.
  4. Got a few more chapters for my book written - I want to rush it out and want to be done already, but i'm now patient knowing the extra time will pay off in the long run.

Starting a non-profit Limitless Earth

This is my goal behind the goal - the thing that is driving me to work harder and faster each day.
  1. Ultimate goal is to get people in full control and happy in their lives, curing depression. Also would like to wake people up to healthier lifestyles and promote the cure for lifestyle-based obesity.
  2. Working with Google for a $120,000 per year grant. Getting started with the paperwork for that this week.
  3. So far I have 3 promises for corporate contributors, one of them being myself, all donating 5% of profits each year to the cause.
  4. Next step - get the plan in place for our first step of curing depression.
Gary V. talks about buying the new york jets as his 'goal beyond the goal'. By having something so big and so large, that the small tasks of publishing a best selling book, starting a multi-million dollar business, and all this other small stuff is just a quick first step before I can achieve that. I'm already feeling that it is much easier to accomplish those tasks I used to have trouble doing while I look through this lens

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
5/19/2016

1. Last week, someone fraudulently drained all the money out of my bank account...that was a fun experience. Raised $4,000 that day for the product launch I'm working on, and pulled together another $3,000 through some hustle until that thing gets figured out.
  2. Re-wrote my sales copy to be less "internet marketing" sales copy, and more professional/authentic.
  3. Went to boulder startup week, and one of the organizers offered to sponsor my first international trip so I could experience different cultures...that came out of nowhere, so I'm networking with him to see how I can help him in return. He runs startup events in over 100 different countries and does what I want to do, so I'm looking to help him in any way possible for mentorship.
  4. Also met with some VCs in the boulder area to offer value to them first.
  5. "Project Boulder" is being taken over by hippies...that's a story in itself.
  6. Recording more professional videos with a quality backdrop and lighting.

limitless_c

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Apr 29, 2016
Chile
When I created my first business I put "Limitless" somewhere in the title because I wanted to offer all possible things to clients. Then I created other business with "Limitless" also in the title. At least for me, this word represents a lot.

I had success with both businesses ( a lot of sales but very slowlane :facepalm:). Now Im starting my third business but "Limitless" doesn't fit in the title :(
I have t-shirts, hoodies and all types of things with the limitless brand on it.

If the new business fail, its the title :D

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
This thread is underrated.

It needs some hype...

There we go.

They say we should workout our body for 20-40 minutes a day...but how often do you workout your mind? (and no, I'm not talking about reading books)

The Problem: The only thing holding us back from success is our mind

People in all areas of their life do not realize their limitless potential. They don't have the belief they can accomplish the big goals they want to accomplish in life. And they don't always seek out the tools to guide them on their journey to success.

Funny.

I'm working right now. I see nine tabs open.

Seven tabs relating to cutting-edge research. These are the tools to guide me on my journey.

I've found that to completely detach myself from both self-imposed limitations and those that others managed to infect me with, I literally have to reprogram myself.

Developing new beliefs takes practice and repetition, just like anything else in life worth mastering.

"Limitless potential" implies and relies upon limitless belief. Even a beginner may find this "limitless belief" swelling in his chest, burning in his pre-frontal cortex.

If done correctly, this fire begins the process - inspires the beginning - and necessarily sustains it.

The Problem: The only thing holding us back from success is our mind

You can really experiment with these way of thinking, a kind of "pushing beyond your limits" trial run.

In any given situation, simply look at the status quo, and focus your intent with a level of focus never before summoned... and create a different scene.

That's really what I'm getting from this... is that this limitless notion of yours applies to demolishing the status quo. It is a call for disruption. To the extent one truly applies this, they should experience exponential results.

Just as nearly all humans do not think exponentially (because nature built us to think linearly), nearly all humans will fail to full grasp the power of your "limitless" concept.

Infinity is like Nietzsche; few people truly understand her.

All you can do is continue to live by example, and hope that those who aspire to your heights can at least asymptotically approach you.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
continue to live by example
Great post. This is the direction I'm continuing to walk every single day. I noticed in my past that leading by example is the best way to go. Kind of reminds me of that phase when I first read about entrepreneurship and preached that to my friends, before I had any success.

Actions speak louder than words.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I stopped trying to change people - trying...trying..trying.

I wrote an article back in 2014 to inspire a young freelance photographer to live her dreams. She was stuck in a small town with big dreams of traveling and living the life I choose to live.

Turns out she decided to take that leap and just posted an amazing video from her road trip.

I'm starting to learn that I can't change others. I can simply put out my experiences and my lessons, and it's on them to take the leap...

upload_2016-5-27_13-36-32.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Had a late night sushi dinner with two other forum members here in Boulder, CO

upload_2016-5-31_10-53-3.png

Key takaways from the conversation:
  1. Push out a lot of free content for SEO purposes.
  2. Include a video on each article I put on my blog, above the fold.
  3. Go with a .com instead of a .academy to avoid confusion
  4. Have someone from 'the mainstream' read my book as a test to see if it captivates them as much as aspiring entrepreneurs
Next steps - keyword research for the new site.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Been making a lot of contacts in the Vegan/Fitness market lately.... not sure how this will pan out, but i have a feeling it may turn into something - somewhere somehow

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.