The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
When I started out in entrepreneurship, I always had dreams and aspirations of putting myself out there and sharing my experiences to help others on their journey.

I never expected the amount of hate/negative energy/judgement/criticism that would come my way.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 10.20.53 PM.png

In 2015, this was a major problem for me and I let it get the best of me. Then I virtually gave myself a phD in psychotherapy to learn how to deal with it. So I decided to share with others.

The other day I wrote a blog post about how I learned how to cope with the emotional struggles of putting myself out there. It was originally an email sent to a fashion model who is currently facing emotional problems when she started to become famous. I published an edited version on my blog, only to get this comment be the first one to come in (irony lol).

In the past, this used to get to me. But now it further solidifies the difference between people who get it and those who don't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What do you advise to a young man starting entrepreneurship?
This is a very general question with very little context...

Solve problems. Help people. Put a price tag on it when people like what you offer.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
No big deal, just trying to work with the biggest superstar in business.

Had trouble finding Elon's email...but I hear he's pretty busy, so I tried to search for the contact info for the other founders of the company. No luck.

Found one email address and sent a 5-paragraph email offering my best value to them (teaching them exactly how the unconscious mind stores memories) Which will be pretty useful since they are trying to download that information onto the computer.

Either it's a "holy shit" moment for them or something super obvious. If the first one, I'm sure they'll reach back. If not...I wished them the best.

neuralink.PNG

email.PNG

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The small insignificant details that make all the difference...

In May 2015, I created a practitioner level training program teaching NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming).

If you search and reputable training NLP Program, it would be up to par with the best ones out there.

It covers the basics:
  • Building rapport.
  • Submodalities.
  • The Swish Pattern
  • Emotional Release Techniques.
  • blah blah blah...
Every program covers the basics and is the same.

Fast forward to May 2017...

More experience as a practitioner, and not simply teaching it...

It's 1:35 in the morning and I just got off of a call with a client I work with from the other side of the world.

One of the fundamental shifts of being an nlp practitioner is to:

1. Get your clients in the emotional state the want to be in.
2. Get them with the internal thought processes (Internal Representative) of already having what they want.

He was struggling with a problem in his life and was in a "low" vibrational (emotional) state. I was in a low vibrational state because I was tired.

The first 30 minutes of the call was me being in his "reality" of "The problem is still here -> we are trying to get there."

Then something shifted. I changed my entire perception to ignore all of the problems he listed from the past, and all the struggles he was facing - and 100% convinced myself that he was already where he was at and he simply didn't realize it yet.

Instantly after shifting MY internal state and thoughts - convinced he's already where he wanted to be....a breakthrough in the session happened and his reality shifted to being that person too..and the remainder of the session, we just put on the final touches of the change work.

To the outside observe, it is some very small minute detail that probably makes no sense.

To most NLP practitioners without experience in what the do, it will make some logical sense, but it would come off as a smile minute detail that most people would overlook.

But then I realized my NLP mentor with 25 years of experience did something similar to me while working on an identity shift. I was convinced I was still having the negative identity, then he looked me deep in the eye and with 100% unbreakable confidence "You are already this person (that you want to be)...".

His confidence and 100% certainty has something click within my mind and it's almost as if his perception shifted mine.

And now I just did the same from a practitioner perspective.

The Lesson
I'm starting to learn that it's these very insignificant-looking details which are the very things that make all the difference. While most people would not even see it as important at all...for those who know what they are doing, it's almost necessary and separates succeeding in the profession from failing.

So for my training program, I sent off an email blast to each group of students who took the training, and stressed the importance of paying attention to the little things. I gave details, leaving out any client information for confidentiality purposes.

From here, I think I'll add a section to my training course with these insights - because I don't see anyone else teaching this stuff...

Now if there's only a way to demonstrate this in my sales copy so people can truly appreciate the extra difference...

But it's 1:46 a.m. and it's time to sleep...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Beginning of July 2016

I've been focusing a lot on two things lately:
  1. Client sessions, which is a service people are really getting a benefit out of.
  2. Sales of my books/udemy courses to my email lists.
Things I'm looking to improve upon now:
  • Getting more leads into the brand.
In the past week, I've setup the homepages for my two books and one of the courses to capture email leads
  • I am Not a Millionaire - Making the Shift from Failure to Financial Freedom - Offering 5 free chapters of the book + the cure for motivation udemy course.
  • The Cure for Happiness: Timeless Secrets to a Stress Free Life - Offering 5 free chapters of the book + a free video training program that teaches them how to get into any emotional state they want.
  • The Cure for Motivation: How to Effortlessly Motivate Yourself to do Anything In Life - Offering a free email training
Through my email autoresponder, leads will go through a four-day email sequence, where I offer the respective book/course as an offer at the bottom of each (informational) email, and then a more direct CTA on the last email.

After that, they will be led into the limitless brand, and see what other products/offerings I have to offer.

Had a call last week with a woman who does marketing for a very large fitness brand, and took a bunch of notes (her suggestions):
  • Get myself onto clickfunnels.
  • Outside of Amazon print-on-demand publishing, print my own books and give them away for free + S&H - making money on the other products I've created during the checkout process.
  • Add 60-second value-add videos on the opt in pages, and through social media. Short enough where people will focus if it's a value add.
  • Look into the following: Affiliate Boot Camp, similarweb, clickbait ads.
  • Add my picture/face on the top of all my pages as the main part of the brand; similar to how russel brunson does his.
  • Merge all of my separate books/courses into the main brand (ugh...I just setup all those landing pages). The thoughts behind this is that they aren't buying a book on (happiness), written by Andrew Alexander. They are buying Andrew Alexander's next book on (who cares).
  • The main brand's mission is "Break free from the life you feel stuck in and live the life of your dreams." with my image as being the person who fixes their problems and shows them how to get unstuck. How to make that immediately apparent when they come in contact with the brand?
  • While the main brand will be me as the "authority figure", which I don't really want to be - I want the mission to be that, I should have an "authority hero" for each one of the courses. Where the person who took my motivation course when he had nothing and is now making $100,000 per year will be the face of that product. The person who was depressed and relied on drugs to make her happy -> is the face of the happiness book. Someone who people can relate to, who had the product already change their lives. While writing this out, I like the approach Real Social Dynamics has where they have an instructor where each of them has their own type of personality/history.
  • Make my free courses shorter (7 videos and close to an hour) -> under 4 minutes...which I'm kind of up in the air about because I want to give people what they need...and if they don't have the attention span to create real changes in their life, I don't want to water it down for others....we'll see how this works out.
  • Increase the amount of free content - with my image all through it, and bump up video content with 60 second videos.
On my cure for stress and anxiety:
  • I can teach that in 4 minutes or less.
  • I'm joining numerous facebook groups with close to 100k members each, for this problem of anxiety in peoples lives.
  • Step 1 - create free video and ask the leader of the group permission to post it for free.
  • After they see the benefits from the readership, ask them if I could offer them another free video bundle or something...making sure to get the leader's permission first.
  • I was told to make sure my email marketing and everything is setup correctly before I do this.
I'm not sure if I'm going to implement all of that right away.

The main thing I'm struggling with in the transition is to condense everything to one website like she suggested..

Limitless Dream Life -> Where I have the courses/books on: motivation, happiness, nlp, entrepreneur book, entrepreneur training academy, law of attraction video course, and influence and persuasion course.

If the main mission for that is "Break free from the life you feel stuck in"...I think I'll have harder time marketing right now vs. "The Cure for Motivation" website where I solve the problem for motivation with people, have them subscribe to my email newsletter, and then transition them into the Limitless brand after I help them with a specific issue.

Right now I'm just listing all my products on the limitless dream life webpage, and just keeping that there while I look into getting more traffic for each individual angle:

Happiness book + free course.
Motivation course.

And of course, continuing with the NLP sessions as long as demand keeps rolling in for that.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Looks good @AndrewNC !

I like to follow some names.... "brands" out there just to see what they're doing and how they're growing. Grant Cardone, Tim Ferris, Tom Bilyeu, etc. and they all seem to put a LOT of content out and have one site where you can buy everything they have to offer.

Keep going man !

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Getting good signs that the business is growing.

Life Changes

I moved back to Boulder, Colorado a few days ago and finally dropped the decision to be a digital nomad/traveling entrepreneur this upcoming year. I've been doing that for the last 3 years and I never really had a place to call home. Always moving from city to city, country to country; being on the move provides great freedom, but a lack of really big business growth. I know it's possible if I committed to growth while traveling (many other people grow their business while traveling). But in general, I feel that I'll personally be best suited in Boulder (English speaking country, stable internet speed for skype calls, solid business network, great mentors here, amazing hiking trails, great people, etc.).

Out of all of the U.S. and traveling through Europe - Boulder was the place I enjoyed and felt at home at the most.

I decided to do a two-month sublet where I am now, and at the end of October, I'll lock in a long-term single apartment for myself rental, spend the first 2 weeks of November at an AirBnB in Prescott, Arizona to put the finishing touches on the Manifestation book (my co-author, Tyler Mae lives there), come back for the year as I grow the business and get together with my soulmate. I think after you move around enough and try enough things, you can settle in on what you specifically want.

Bigger business, based out of Boulder, dating soulmate, able to travel next year while still having a long-term apartment.

Business Growth Signs

I've scheduled more free consultations this week than any other week in the past. I've had a few leads come in from traffic sources that I'm not even aware of...Normally people reach out to me from the content I put out: I have three udemy courses, two books, I write here, I guest blog for secret entourage, I'm in Inc Magazine, I have a a magazine, a few local networking groups, and I've done a number of podcasts). One person I did a call with today hasn't read my books, doesn't know about here or SE - so its a good sign that I started getting leads from unknown traffic sources and a few customer referrals to their friends so far. But at the same time, I want to get more into tracking my website data (I've been neglecting to do that since I've focused a lot on person-to-person sales instead of website conversions lately) for conversions to see where the conversions come from.

I'll also need a better lead management software.

Creating a Free Full-Sized Product & Sales Process

The schedule is filling up, and I'm in the process of taking one of the most common pain points for my clients, and turning that one specific solution in to a video/PDF course. The topic a lot of my clients come to me for is to find that what product or service to sell. I've helped a fair amount of people through this via calls, and now I'll turn it into a product and Ill give it away for free. I notice a lot of my sales for my $2,000-$4,500 consulting packages come in after I spent a week on Skype after authentically helping someone through a problem. Instead of just "giving away a free pdf to capture a lead" and then sales pitches and limited time offers...

The Ideal Client

One person scheduled a free consultation and was stuck at a job trying to find a business idea. I did the session, got him a step closer, but not on the idea yet. For the next week, we narrowed down his focus into one industry, and then into one niche....eventually settling in on the specific problem he is helping people solve in their lives. After that, for free, I helped him develop a general direction for what will eventually turn into a solid brand identity. My focus was to help him, and not sell him. To demonstrate my value through my free help instead of pitching.

Only after I actually spent weeks of my time for free helping him through these problems and actually getting him results...I offered my paid services to guide him through the process of building his first business. And now we are working together.

A friend/mastermind partner/mutal-mentor of mine last night told me that I should take myself out of the process (skype calls) and turn it in "a free PDF or something to get their email address". But what I learned from both experiences (with the client and with my friend/business owner) is that yes, I should transition to take myself out of the services, and develop an automated way to solve the problem...and put it in the form of a PDF/videos or both. Doing so could scale and reach more people and grow the business faster.

But not just for the sake of capturing the lead. After doing this time and time again, I realized that my higher-paying clients/customers are the ones who purchased from me after I actually solved their first problem.

The old way of internet marketing (give away free pdf that you slop together so you can spam them with email marketing and discounted offers). I'm sure it still works in a lot of occasions to sell products...But my new insights form my experience is if I go forward, and create this free course....which actually solves the problems of people honing in their business ideas, helping them develop a brand identity that they can build out over the years, and a quick structure of how the rest of the process will go...

If history repeats itself, actually solving problems through a detailed free give-away will give them a big win in their life - where they will already know I can help them....They will be more open to my consulting offers...because I actually helped them in a big way already.

It take more time right now to work with people in person before building the course, it's less automated - but it's working well so far.

So I'll be developing that course - getting it in the hands of as many people as I can for free to help people find products or services that help make the world a better place and solve needs in the market...get it to the point that maximizes the results people get by going through it...and then develop the solutions to the other problems after they get that first big win.

For my client, he found out there was no need for his initial idea for the market he serves, and they wanted something else. So he transitioned his marketing angle for what that market wants, delivers that through free help on facebook or skype - and is also in the process of turning that into a free video course as well. He's now in the process of discovering what works for the sales process - by doing it manually as well before automating it. This allows him to realize he is solving real problems for real people - and sees through the letters on the screen or the demographics on paper. He gets to really feel where the people are coming from and slowly automate one step at a time before he is able to have his lead pages up and switch to paid marketing.

People first, automation second.

On the marketing side of things:

I noticed a lot that the more I help others build their business, the advice that flows out of me is advice I should be listening to...

So as I was helping one of my clients learn about customer demographics, he was targeting facebook groups with guys who needed his help...he helped them for free through one problem...and they were interested in his services....BUT none of them had any money to spend. $15 was their bank account balance.

The guys he helped are 18-22 year old college students.

So we developed a marketing campaign for him to target people who have money to spend, who are mature enough to listen to his advice and benefit from it, and who would be good clients. This will target 26-32 year old men with college degrees in certain fields.

I noticed the same thing with my marketing - the age of the person, their willingness to learn and move forward with an open mind, and the income level all play in a factor of who became clients or not. It's not longer about helping people who need to be helped, but with the ones who are ready to move forward.

So by targeting a demographic who has the open mind, matureness, are taking action on each task instead of reading about it and dreaming, are really feeling the pain of their current lives, and are also motivated by a desire of something to move towards - with the income level to afford my services - are the ones that benefit the most and are more likely to act on my services.

In the past, we would try to get everyone we help into the business...because we know we can help the whole market.

But it's a lot easier to focus in on the ones who are ready to be helped and are ready to act on it. The rest will follow along later. @Andy Black said this years ago. Makes more sense now.

I think a lot of this stuff, we learn the hard way. I heard and read about "demographics" for years, but it didn't really sink in until I started feeling the results of working with different types of people over the years. Who can pay and who can't. Who is good to work with and who is a pain...etc. This way pre-qualifying the people who come in to make sure not only that our products and services can help them, but if they would be the right fit for working with our companies.

Sales Process

I start off by helping people on a free Skype call.

After I get them a big win in their life and solve whatever problems they are having at the time (lack of focus, direction,stress, overwhelm, anxiety, confidence, etc.) I have a variety of products and services to offer depending on their individual needs. I have a startup incubator I formed, I have 12 week NLP sessions, I have an NLP video training course, and I have two books and a few other courses on niche topics.

I noticed that most existing business owners are benefited more from my actual 12-weeks of sessions and prefer to be closed on the first call.

Most first-timers who are interested in the incubator/mentorship program - it works best if I help them through the first big win for a week or so first.

Then others who just want to learn some stuff now and aren't into the action-taking phase could learn from the books and video courses.

The main thing is to reach out to people one-on-one and help them and deliver value first and find out if any product is a right fit for them. If not, no big deal.

Lead Management.

I have a lot of people I am working with on more than one occasion, and I need a lead management system to keep track of all the records and notes and stuff... I thought of using Trello since the functionality of it is perfect...but I don't want to put email addresses or information online like that. Both for my company's protection to be hacked from there, and my customers information being safe.

Option 1 - Pen and paper and calendar on my desk.
Option 2 - Some offline software or more secure software for this.

Legal Stuff

Also, I've made a couple four-figure sales where I need to start having informal (formal) agreements drafted up. I work out special agreements with people based on their needs, with specific payment plans and pricing points depending on the product or service...and I'm losing track of all the handshake agreements I've had over the years. I'll need to integrate a system to keep track of this, and then the contract to keep it on paper and organized.

A few people I've worked with - I offered to help them out for $XXX up front, with $X,XXX paid when they can since they were genuinely taking action and couldn't afford the full price up front. In most of these instances, I understand they are working through a tough financial time in their life, and working hard to make progress...so I trust things will eventually work out for them.

BUT...I've had one person in mind who completely disappeared on me after an agreement we had.

The co-author of my Manifestation book is actually a Lawyer by her day job and just applied to practice in the state my business is registered in, so I decided to help her build her website for her if she would draft up an informal and easy to read (but legal) agreement. The exchange of services seemed to work out well for us, and I wouldn't have to spend $2,000 on a lawyer for the same thing.

She suggested an "engagement agreement" or "engagement letter" as opposed to a contract because one locks in the contract when the person acts on something online (when you pay $3,000 via paypal button here, I promise you these services) vs. having to print and sign, which would be unnecessary at this point; since I have good rapport with the people I help out first for free.

In other news

Chipotle now sells Queso for their Burrito bowls and Colorado has the best hiking trails.

20AAF04F-1235-464B-B1F3-A50AAFE3B796.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Help the people in motion.

Give value first.

Engage the market in high-friction hand-to-hand combat.

Automate after manual processes start becoming a problem, not before.

Good stuff.

Try Basecamp for your one-to-one projects. It's working quite well for us. Happy to show you.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Try Basecamp for your one-to-one projects.
Thanks! I actually remember waking up in the wee hours of the morning and saw your post on the web design facebook group with a link to basecamp; and it just clicked now haha.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Try Basecamp for your one-to-one projects.
I tried it out, not really a fan of it. Trello seems to have the best functionality for what I'm looking for and I looked around for the security of their platform, which is good. I'll be keeping private contact information off there, but will keep track of things.

Also, in the process of working through energy levels.

Ever morning since getting back to boulder, I've been getting up and climbing a mountain for a few hours - making fitness the number one focus. I notice that this drains my energy and when the mid-morning comes around, I'm tired. In that phase of balancing the two.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Sales Opportunities by Striking up Natural Conversations

The other night, I did a manifestation exercise on having my business already grown, living in a dream condo in downtown Boulder - with the intent to manifest a growth in my business.

22291993_1309748889133790_1660803701_n.jpg

This morning, I go down to the farmers market with a friend of mine who lives here. We hike up Boulder Creek Path, and he mentions how he wants to go up into the mountains today near Estes Park. It's 75 degrees out (warmer than any day in the past few weeks), and my intuition kept me down from the mountains.

After we are about to wrap up our day, my intuition brings me to a woman's table setup near the farmers market, where she sells essential oils.

She was busy with a potential customer so I walk around for a bit and then go back, where we eventually find ourselves wrapped up in conversation, and I walk her through an NLP technique to help alleviate some hip pain she had for a few years. Guiding her through the process in the middle of a Farmers Market just kind of happened naturally because she mentioned she was into that stuff and I could help her out in just a few minutes.

A guy walking by the table kind of stopped and was watching me guide her through the process. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, but didn't really pay attention to him. When he jumps in the convo, he eventually asks me for my business card (I don't have any) so I wrote down my email address on a piece of paper where he told me he has two friends who could use my help and would probably be willing to pay for my services.

After he leaves, I talk more with the essential oil woman about how I help people overcome anxiety, and she talks about an essential oil that helps with anxiety and offered to help eachother out - where she could recommend my services to her customers and I could wholesale her essential oils to mine to help with that specific problem (this one being anxiety - also there is another oil on finding clarity - another service I offer).

She offered me a free bottle of essential oils, and I naturally take the one called "Heart Song" meant for opening your heart - Which, according to her, this is the one many women use when they go through menopause for hormonal imbalances. She said it would be interesting to see what it does on a guy. I put it on and about 10 minutes later, I find myself wrapped up in a long conversation with a girl who appeared out of nowhere.

22343886_1309748829133796_1592598444_o.jpg

Apparently the free bottle of essential oils turns out to be a natural aphrodisiac, so I think I'll wear this stuff as cologne from now on when I go out.

Anyhow, just felt the urge to write about this experience where going up to likeminded people and starting conversation led to a person saying he would recommend my services to his 2 friends, and a possible joint venture with the essential oils woman.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

The other night, I did a manifestation exercise on having my business already grown, living in a dream condo in downtown Boulder - with the intent to manifest a growth in my business.

View attachment 16607

This morning, I go down to the farmers market with a friend of mine who lives here. We hike up Boulder Creek Path, and he mentions how he wants to go up into the mountains today near Estes Park. It's 75 degrees out (warmer than any day in the past few weeks), and my intuition kept me down from the mountains.

After we are about to wrap up our day, my intuition brings me to a woman's table setup near the farmers market, where she sells essential oils.

She was busy with a potential customer so I walk around for a bit and then go back, where we eventually find ourselves wrapped up in conversation, and I walk her through an NLP technique to help alleviate some hip pain she had for a few years. Guiding her through the process in the middle of a Farmers Market just kind of happened naturally because she mentioned she was into that stuff and I could help her out in just a few minutes.

A guy walking by the table kind of stopped and was watching me guide her through the process. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, but didn't really pay attention to him. When he jumps in the convo, he eventually asks me for my business card (I don't have any) so I wrote down my email address on a piece of paper where he told me he has two friends who could use my help and would probably be willing to pay for my services.

After he leaves, I talk more with the essential oil woman about how I help people overcome anxiety, and she talks about an essential oil that helps with anxiety and offered to help eachother out - where she could recommend my services to her customers and I could wholesale her essential oils to mine to help with that specific problem (this one being anxiety - also there is another oil on finding clarity - another service I offer).

She offered me a free bottle of essential oils, and I naturally take the one called "Heart Song" meant for opening your heart - Which, according to her, this is the one many women use when they go through menopause for hormonal imbalances. She said it would be interesting to see what it does on a guy. I put it on and about 10 minutes later, I find myself wrapped up in a long conversation with a girl who appeared out of nowhere.

View attachment 16606

Apparently the free bottle of essential oils turns out to be a natural aphrodisiac, so I think I'll wear this stuff as cologne from now on when I go out.

Anyhow, just felt the urge to write about this experience where going up to likeminded people and starting conversation led to a person saying he would recommend my services to his 2 friends, and a possible joint venture with the essential oils woman.
I find the same. Chat to everyone and good things happen. Nice photos.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
The hard part is keeping it up,
You can get scared of overusing your ability to network
In that situation try drawing people to you via promotions etc
You then do the same social thing and as a result boost sales
Its easier to do it sustainably on people coming your way

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
First Two (Known) Client Referrals

1) One customer of mine who I met through a meetup group last year, and hired me for my services in March and August - offered me $200 to help her brother through a problem he is facing using my NLP tools. On the phone call, she immediately paid the full amount and I'm now scheduling a session with her and her brother tomorrow.

2) Also, I did some NLP work with a member of this forum a few months ago. Today he reached out to me because he saw a guy make a post on Facebook about how fears and other things along those lines are becoming too much to handle for his life - so he felt the need to recommend my services to the random guy in a facebook group.

screenshot3.png

It's a good feeling to see people who used my services to recommend them to friends, strangers, and one even buying it for someone she knows.

The services I offer are definitely at the "product-centered business" level MJ talks about in both his books, so I've been transitioning my time away from learning new skills and towards improving my sales process. After I hone that in, I'll ramp up the process of getting new leads - I spoke to a guy at a startup meetup group in Boulder and he recommended linkedin ads.

So for improving my sales process for my services specifically...

I break down the parts of improving my sales process into two areas. There are the internal changes that get in the way (fear of cold calling, failure, rejection, guilt, fear of judgement, self-judgement, limiting beliefs, not feeling qualified enough, and a million other internal blockages that get in the way from closing more sales) as well as the external training (learning how to overcome objections, accurately articulating the benefits of the product/service, etc.

Internal Change Work

I used to suffer from a lot of limiting beliefs when it comes to guilt around selling. Even after I've had worked with hundreds of clients, I still had that feeling deep inside of me that was ingrained from my past where society tells you 'selling is bad, you'll be a sleazy salesmen, etc.' The ironic part is that this is an exact problem I help clients through without fail, but sometimes I never really took a step back to do the same techniques on myself. It's easy to get caught up in your own ways, so it benefits to go to someone outside of you who can not only recognize the problems you're facing, but also have the ability to help you through them quickly...So after I spent a few hours working through that on myself, I also did one call with a past NLP student of mine who I trained in the same skills. Within 1o minutes of some type of psychology stuff he was doing, he helped me through one of one of the last major blockages on that. It's interesting to see how he integrated my training into his approach, and still went out and learned some more tools that I didn't teach him. #itrainedmyownpersonalpsychologist

I also suffered from hesitation while transitioning from demonstrating my services to asking for the sale - so I worked through that too. Part of this was resolved due to the external feedback from past clients and the examples above.

External Skills Training

I've been spending a lot of time with a member from this forum who lives here - having him mentor me on improving my sales process - picking up on things I haven't considered, and offering me to consult with the sales guy he uses for his own business. In the past when I closed sales ($250 product and $2,000 -$4,500 services) through emails, I would type up the price along with the benefits of my service, and then sit there for 10 minutes thinking if I should ask for the sale (still had the guilt about selling back then)...and after 10 minutes of hesitation, I would suck it up and hit send.

But when I talk to people over the phone, it's different. I demonstrate my services, then after they are happy - I offer my variety of services custom-tailored for them. For the higher-priced services I offer ($2,000 NLP packages to existing business owners, or $4,500 for my incubator program - I've been closing into the 5 figures of sales in the past year, but i've noticed there is a lot room for improvement. So for the investment in getting the mentorship from someone experienced in making sales is a HUGE help - One little piece of advice could put an additional $4,500 in my pocket that week. He's been helping me whenever we meet up for dinner/drinks/hiking and then when I pay his sales guy from some consulting - I should get a lot out of that and see some improvements very quickly.

Next Steps

Currently launching a very specialized offer for a major problem in the market I serve....will be launching the advertisements for that in the upcoming days.

Get more experience with the sales approach.

Then hound @Imgal to answer her Skype/email about the introduction of the book....and have her work her marketing magic to get some more leads from social media.

22366746_1313452062096806_3351124775674726468_n.jpg

Fitness goals: 77 Degrees in Boulder, Colorado! Lost 33 pounds since moving here in September.

Relationship goals: A friend from the forum here introduced me to someone he thinks would be a good fit for me. She has a lot of similar hobbies, same outlook on life, and seems like a cool person from our Facebook convo. Should see her in person this upcoming week.

Non-profit stuff: That animal rights activist group I met from back in 2016 really could use some lessons on building rapport (instead of falling into the stereotype of 'angry vegans'), so I'm spending more time with that group to get my face known and help them with that. If they can learn some influence/sales/rapport skills, they could be less frustrated and spread their message faster.

Also talked with one of the group leaders about starting a non-profit together where we would run Facebook, Google, and YouTube "branding" campaigns for veganism. The message they want to deliver is on speciesism - where they talk about "Why do we view dogs and cats as pets while we eat cows and chickens". They view cows and chickens as having the same right to live as all other animals. So I'm creating a blog post on a .org with pictures of people with pet goats, pet cows, and really choosing pictures that trigger the "warm feeling in the heart" emotions when people see them - and then blast everyone who clicks through to that page with retargeting ads with the speciesism message/pictures of cows showing emotions.

From a 'marketing' perspective, compassion is the emotion they are looking to install in the people they are looking to influence - so by choosing pictures that hit the heart (literally in an emotional sense), and associating those feelings with the picture of the cows (animals the want to save) - I think that would create a more effective change than just showing random advertisements.

^Same concept can apply for business branding too. There are ways through your pictures and words where you can install specific emotions in your customers (provide them confidence in your product, hope - if you're selling a self-help type of service, etc)

I'll put $100 of my own money into the campaign to test the ads, and depending on how it goes, the other guy doing this mentioned we could find vegan-friendly businesses to fund the awareness of this cause that means so much to them. I find it interesting in creating a paid advertising campaign where there is zero intent to make a profit - but I see their cause and this will be kind of fun.

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom

View attachment 16607

View attachment 16606

Where can we get a bottle of Heart Song? Now that's productocracy baby.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
My dating life has been through the roof since picking up a bottle of this love potion.

But I've also been helping a dating coach start a business and going full-out with my magical manifestation magic, so the combination of the three is perfect.

She also gave me a bottle of essential oils for Clarity/Focus and for Anxiety Relief to sample.

IMG_8524.JPG

Yesterday afternoon, I met up with another member of this Fastlane forum, and Helga, the entrepreneur behind Hannahs Essentials.

I connected the two of them together because her website desperately needed help, and he was looking to create a portfolio for his website design services. They met up at 12:00 at some taco place to discuss the website ideas and SEO, and I joined them at 1:00 to talk about a JV between my business and hers.

The first thing I did was eat the rest of Brett's chips and Guacamole because I started training for a half marathon and didn't eat breakfast that day.

After that, we moved over to Trident Cafe, a local business on Pearl Street owned by Andrew Hyde - the Founder of Startup weekend where I usually go to grab coffee and write.

sizetrident.jpg

Helga sells her essential oils at home shows, farmers markets, and places like that. I told her about the millionaire fastlane and the commandment of Entry. Everybody in the state of Colorado and their mother sells essential oils. It's not a unique product.

But she is passionate about it.

It is the very thing that helped her daughters Anxiety and she beliefs whole-heartedly in this solution. So how can she sell this product in such a crowded market? She began talking about all the features of the essential oils, how it works, etc...

But then it hit me...

She's not selling essential oils, she's selling the love potion that @Van Halen is soo ready to buy. By improving her sales copy and focusing more on selling solutions to problems, instead of selling 'essential oils', she can sell better than most of the other people on the market here. And if she targets MEN with this marketing angle - she'll begin attracting customers that probably otherwise wouldn't care about essential oils at all.

To increase her revenue, I decided to do a JV with her.

For every bottle she sells to a customer, I am going to create a postcard-sized flyer that she will give to her customers for 75% off an NLP session with me (helps reduce stress, anxiety, improve sleep, and find clarity and direction in their life), common problems her customers have, and directly related to what people buy her oils for already. Also, the flyer will have a coupon code for a % off my Limitless Transformation (NLP) training course, using her business name as a coupon code.

We agreed to a 50/50 split for any sales she drives my way, making her an affiliate for my services.
  1. I benefit because this is a new marketing source for me, and it's largely automated.
  2. She benefits because a $10 sale can turn into a $50 (or more) sale for her with no additional work.
  3. The customers benefit because her aromatherapy product mixed with my services will give them more tools and better results in resolving their problems.
So moving forward, I'm creating the flyer in photoshop with the direct benefits of the product, things she said her customers struggled with (lack of sleep at night, anxiety, etc.).

The other fastlaner from here will be improving her website, with more benefit-oriented sales copy, clear call-to-actions, SEO, and other website improvements to increase her sales, and built his portfolio.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Tonight, I was invited to a private round-table event with all the leaders of various Animal Rights organizations across the state of Colorado.

It was held in a large open living room on some Animal Sanctuary on some farm 30 minutes away from Boulder. I arrive 20 minutes early, so I am by the front door talking to one of the guys who is going to the event about Facebook ad campaigns for promoting speciesism (spreading awareness that cows and chickens are like cats and dogs and we only eat certain animals because it's considered culturally acceptable). They want people to group all animals together to help spread the vegan message. They don't use paid traffic because they don't have the money, and they don't see how effective it is at reaching the mass-market of people. But they are about to start launching their first campaigns soon. I'm helping propel that along since they've been dragging their feet and talking about it (without action) for a while.

Then this girl comes up and catches my attention. She looks like she is in her late 20's to early 30's and is the event outreach coordinator for the sanctuary.

After the meeting begins, Steven, the organizer of the round-table event, hands out a worksheet of the topics to be covered. He has a three-part training on outcome-oriented goal setting, motivation, progress, and the last one was theory for change (which is super-relevant to what we do as business owners, and I'll talk about that in a second).

I learned a lot about the same topics through various programs I've went through over the years, and use them for helping clients with my NLP business; but the way he put it together was a truly unique perspective.

Part of the reason why I'm attracted to this group is because they are creating a movement that is in the process of changing the world. Most people don't see it, but I've looked at their progress, numbers, trends, and growth..and they definitely know how to create a movement. I wanted to learn from them to apply these same lessons to my sales and marketing with my brand, so that's what got me into this in the first place.

But, a while ago, I wired myself to always offer my help first. Most of my time spent there was "them" focused, where I took what I know about marketing, sales, influence, transformation, etc. and applying my business experience to their non-profit movement.
  • The girl who works there needs help attracting more people to the animal sanctuary, so I told her about marketing angles and how to bring different types of people in through different means. Time was cut short, so she gave me her card and I'm going to email her more on that topic.
  • One of the college AR groups has a lot of seniors graduating, and they need the freshmen to lead the group when they are gone, but the freshmen lack confidence. I taught him some NLP techniques to rapidly boost confidence, and they invited me to their group to do a group workshop on the topic (basically, I'll be teaching them NLP).
  • Another women I was talking to there was saying how her groups' direct action campaigns gain a lot....A LOT of attention, but they struggle to get people to be more interested in veganism. I told her about the AIDA formula, and how to transition from gaining their Attention, to building their Interest (Desire, and then action). Translation, I'll be teaching the "stereotypical angry vegans" some rapport building and sales skills.
The guy who organizes the round-table event invited me and introduced me to everyone representing Limitless Academy - which can help their movement by helping train vegan business owners in business skills, and activists in sales, marketing, and influence skills. Like many members here, I always viewed it as 'an internet business', and somehow going to this event and having him say "I represent an organization" made it seem bigger than I thought it was in the past. Which is a good thing, but kind of took me by surprise.

I didn't really go here for a business-benefit perspective, but if I could think about some ideas that came up over the time I was there tonight...
  • Training vegans in sales, marketing, and influence - this could be a book.
  • Helping start vegan businesses - I could go within each organization and have them spread the word that Limitless Academy will help start vegan businesses, and perhaps I could give them a discount for my services since their business is partly for a philanthropic cause. That would be marketing for me, and this would be business growth for them.
  • NLP services to breed leaders and confidence of members within an organization (they probably can't afford my normal rates of $200 per session), so perhaps I could train someone in NLP to start a business out of that - and price him/her at a lower point where they would take on more clients, but less margins. More room for scale tho.
Then, the weird part, which I'm still absorbing now.

Leadership

While wrapping up the meeting, the man who organized it spoke to all of us, saying that we are the leaders that are responsible for driving this movement forward (in our own unique ways). While many of this forum may not believe in veganism, but this is legit a movement that is changing the world...and the leaders of the various groups are the ones who were in attendance. And I'm now part of that, representing the business side of things.

And I had a wakeup call of "WTF...I never considered myself a leader in the past." Through my experience with business, I've managed freelance workers, and I've build businesses on my own...but never in the sense of true leadership.

When thinking of one idea I should do, my first instinct was to find someone else to take the lead on it and I would follow along...

My next wake-up-call of this is a sense of full responsibility.
  • Responsible for taking the initiative. Not waiting for someone else to do something or waiting someone else to lead the way.
  • Responsible for taking action when you don't know if it will pay off. And being confident enough to lead other down that road, despite your uncertainty.
Which makes me think of how I could add people to my organization and help it grow.

Like entrepreneurship, what they do here draws many parallels. Mainly being in leading your own life.

I think when you realize that you are responsible for leading your own way on this journey in entrepreneurship, and you are the ones who have to take the actions FIRST on a regular basis, and nobody else will be there to give you permission to act for you....

It really shows why years ago I used to drag my feet for so long before building my first real business...because I've been waiting for people to tell me what to do, or to lead before me. That's how I've been conditioned to be my whole life (school, family, society,). They breed us to be followers, not leaders.

And it's through this internal character trait, which we must teach ourselves, where we can finally lead our way to growing the big business. This isn't something you can read in books.

I share that last part, because I see a lot of people on this forum (newer members), who are still in that position of not leading themselves. Even being in business for many years now, the concept of leadership sunk in at a much deeper level tonight. Being in a room with people where there is nobody above them to give them directions.

We just gotta figure it out as we go. It takes confidence to do that.

So to hold true on that it's 11:42 p.m., I have 3 client calls in the morning, and I'm staying awake later to write an email to the coordinator of the animal sanctuary, to start helping my first 'customer' in the non-profit sector grow their 'brand'. Teaching her more about how she can get more people to visit the place and spread her message.

Not sure how business will grow because of this; primarily because they wasn't my focus tonight, but in the back of my head, I see how plugging into this movement - can have many benefits for getting my brand spread out there throughout this tightly-knit community.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
$550 Sales Day - Colorado Springs October 24, 2017

Went down to Colorado Springs the yesterday to meet with a client.

She's a real estate agent down there, and was busy until 2 p.m., so I spent the morning visiting @csalvato for a bit. I got the plant-based falafal wrap, and he got a double bacon cheeseburger wrap with extra meat...a nice balance.

Last year, I met her at a meetup group and have been working with her every few months for my services (over the phone). When I first met her in 2016, she had severe social anxiety, to the point where if she was in a supermarket and someone stood next to her, she would drop her food and run home in terror. She would be super shy at meetings in her real estate job, and wasn't getting clients.

The reason she continued to work with me is because in the first day I met her, I helped her overcome her social anxiety; and that food shopping anxiety problem went away. After that, she turned into a paying client.

Yesterday was the first day I saw her in person for over a year. She's kicking a$$ with her career, scheduling appointments, doing showings, etc. and is very confident in herself. It's crazy to see the changes she made. She is the first one who purchased an NLP session for someone else (her brother).

When I went down, I went through the sessions with her brother, her brother's wife, and her; to help her through the struggles she's facing now - trying to handle all her leads coming in and being more organized and motivated. After the sessions, I went to a mexican restaurant where her brother bought us all dinner, and thanked me for my services.

Normally when I work with clients over the phone or skype, I'm detached from their real-lives. But going out there to see her family under one roof and helping them through all the struggles they go through - it gave me a whole different perspective. While driving back, she messaged me on snapchat thanking me again for all the help and said she wants to extend our contract another year (till the end of 2018). We have enough rapport where the 'handshake agreement' through snapchat of all places is good enough.

She also told me about a guy she works with who is really 'weird', and she is trying to get him to sign up for my services. This is the first client I had that is realllyyy going out of her way to help me succeed, and it gives me a stronger desire to see her succeed too.

The drive out there was 1 hour 45 minutes each way (stayed with someone in Castle Rock the night before, which helped). Drank wine and stayed up with the Castle Rock girl until 2 in the morning and having to be up by 7 didn't help - passed out as soon as I got home, but it was a rewarding day.

Helping People from Everywhere

It was 81 degrees out today, so after my second session this morning with one of the Fastlaners who signed up for my Find a Business Idea marketplace ad, I decided to take the rest of the day off and go hiking. On the hiking trails, I pretty much say hi or give some witty comment to everyone I meet. Most of the time it's just a friendly hello, but this time, I spent 20 minutes hiking next to this women who just moved to Boulder from the South.

She said she is looking for a job, and isn't sure which type of job she wants to work in (she used to be a criminal defense lawyer).

I taught her about core values, did a quick visualization process to find clarity in her path; and then just talked about other random stuff. When she started getting out of breath from climbing the mountain and talking, she asked if I could help with her anxiety. So I got her email address and will reach out to her to help her through that problem.

I find the @Andy Black approach of meeting people and just chatting up strangers to be very effective.

And this progress thread post was a reminder to email the lady from the hiking trail today with a free workbook to help her with her anxiety and my help if anything else comes up. Just did that now.

Organization

For the past few years, I've been living off of passive income from my app business, and didn't really require too much organization in my life.

Now that I'm growing out the service-based business, the help with the Animal Rights Non-Profit groups, and the Limitless Academy services/products, I'm noticing more and more that I need to get some better organization tools and systems within my business. I might switch up my scheduling software from Calendly to Acuity.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'd like to thank my conversation with @Wolfman for bringing up something that's helping me out.

Yesterday, it was a beautiful 66 degrees here in Boulder, Colorado in early-janaury, so I throw on my shorts and T shirt and went for a walk during a sales call I was on.

Her name is Lori.

IMG_9275.JPG

She was selling me.

The other month, I joined a Denver Vegan Business Owners Private Facebook Group, and I saw this girl named Lori post about her raw vegan eating health coaching services there.

Then I see her post in the New Vegan Support group (tens of thousands of members internationally).

I friended her on Facebook, and slowly but surely, her posts began showing up all over my Facebook news feed (her private posts, her community posts, and in literally every Facebook group I'm a part of). Even more-so than most of the friends I normally interact with and talk to.

She obviously knew something that helped her grow her business...

She has a really effective way to get her brand seen all throughout Facebook, organically.

Since she has something that would benefit me, I decided I wanted to reach out and hire her to mentor me in her Social Media Marketing abilities.

The thing that I really noticed that attracted me to her is not that she talked about it, but that she was a living demonstration of someone who is very, very visible on Facebook. Aside from the hustle alone she puts in to do the marketing, she somehow knows how to work through the algorithm and get engagement/clients from it.

While talking to Wolfman via PM, he said my enthusiasm about NLP for motivation is contagious.

Many of my friends on facebook said they were motivated to start working out after seeing my posts on my facebook page of hiking through the mountains. Not trying to teach about motivation, but just sharing me living it.

I've created a course for Mindset & Motivation in the past, but the feedback I've received is to branch off from the in-depth NLP program, to update the content of my existing "Motivation" course, and incorporate a lot of the new things I've learned from myself and my client calls over the past year....

Into 5-10 minute daily videos where people can follow alongside their daily schedule (instead of the in depth study program I have now).

So I'll be outlining that this morning.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It's fu*king cold out and changes are happening.

Dropped to 2 degrees (F) last night here in Boulder.

Just after sunset, I get a snapchat from a long-tern client of mine. She's a real estate agent who suffered from severe social anxiety when we first met. To the point where she would not go out to the grocery store when people were around her and ate moldy bread once because of it.

A few nights ago, she told me she had an internal struggle of guilt when it came to whether she should leave the company she's been working through (and her mentor there) to go to a new company, or if she should act on her mentor's advice and stay there in a different (non-real estate agent) position.

I asked her deep down, what did she feel is the right decision.

"To leave and go to the new company." she told me.

The reason why the decision was so hard for her is because of the guilt. The guilt of leaving a mentor who has helped her so much through the years. She didn't want to let down and disappoint her mentor; placing the feelings of others above herself.

I had her imagine as if she spent a year staying with the company, and then looking at the past version of herself on the phone with me in that moment, and ask her how she feels about letting down and disappointing herself. In this moment, she had a breakthrough and today she hit me up saying that she is going to the new real estate company.

I was having a pretty shitty day today between it being cold out, a past crush of mine is moving to Mexico to start some type of sacred sexuality practice coaching company, and my car battery dying the other day.

When we first started speaking, she was always depressed and down; but today things turned around.

She lifted me up.

With her positive outlook on life, her energy, and just her overall excitement for what her future brings.

She told me how she'd like to work with me and have me mentor her in the NLP and personal development inner-transformations I do for the real estate industry; saying how a lot of people there pay thousands of dollars for seminars that don't really work.

How she now can see herself being the top performing real estate agent at her new company within a few years.

Which is a complete 180 of when I first met her.

She went from being a shy, socially anxious girl that would drop all the food at the supermarket and run home and eat moldy bread...

And is now fully empowered, empowered, alive, and is excited and thrilled to want to eventually transition into public speaking and holding seminars to empower others to do the same. Specifically in the real estate industry. And would like to work with her on doing these seminars and trainings.

I told her to step into her being.

To go out there and be the motivated, confident, and successful real estate agent that she is. That when she fully embodies these qualities and is seen as a role model, not by talking about it, but about demonstration; this is when other people will take notice.

To be authentic about it, but also to start building out her network strategically.

Help people out.

Make them feel good about themselves.

And people will naturally take notice.

Then over time, when she has her network in the real estate industry together; we can work on taking all of her contacts she makes over the years, and help transition them into the changes she's made in her life since I first met her.

There is a Grant Cardone video I watched last night:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Jx9iX9m8s

I'll paraphrase what he said a few times in it,

"This is not get rich quick, this is get rich for sure."

These are the type of people who I want as clients.

The ones who are not so much concerned about making the money now, but are actually committed to doing it.

Non-Profit

Also, I forgot if I mentioned this already, but I've been meeting up with this girl I met at an animal rights group last year and helping her start out a non-profit.

I had dreams of starting one for years, and bought the domain name back in 2014-2015, but never really did much with it. With her, immediately our visions of what we wanted to accomplish came together, and I'm really excited to help her get started with this.

As I'm typing this out now, Im looking at the outline and plan she wrote down on a piece of paper.

Her dreams.

It's a reminder that with a partnership like this, it's not so much about my vision or my dreams.

It's about merging our dreams, our vision, and our purpose together.

A lot of the things she wants to do were not part of my original vision, but something just feels right about this one, and I'm really excited to be working with her on this. I setup a website the other day that'll host a membership service for all the personal development video training programs over the years.

Going to set it up as a for-profit business, and funnel 100% of the money this year that comes through it into the non-profit.

I have a lot of other priorities going on in my life right now, so she'll be taking the charge with promoting this - while I do more work on my current business; but I see this being something really great in the long-term. A way to utilizing a fastlane business model to fund a non-profit organization that doesn't want the CONTROL aspect 100% on grants provided by the government.

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Wow, such a beautiful transformation. Nice non-profits goal, I love it. My main goal to get rich is to give to animals rights groups like Mercy For Animals, The Humane League and others that do education in the space. Thanks for the great post and keep working on the mission, I feel like it's the most beautiful mission that ever exists!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Wow, such a beautiful transformation. Nice non-profits goal, I love it. My main goal to get rich is to give to animals rights groups like Mercy For Animals, The Humane League and others that do education in the space. Thanks for the great post and keep working on the mission, I feel like it's the most beautiful mission that ever exists!

Thanks! I've got a few friends who work for those organizations!

Jessi (the girl I'm doing this with) is the one with the dream to open an Animal Sanctuary, whereas my aspirations are more about waking people up from social conditioning (so they can think for themselves). This leads to people keeping an open mind to new things (such as AR an the food they eat, as well as things like the fastlane philosophy on life). So it'll be interesting to combine both into one thing.

She's the one building more compassion in me.

I'm the one with the motivation, drive, and large aspirations to push her.

I think both together will be a good mix and great things will come of this.

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks! I've got a few friends who work for those organizations!

Jessi (the girl I'm doing this with) is the one with the dream to open an Animal Sanctuary, whereas my aspirations are more about waking people up from social conditioning (so they can think for themselves). This leads to people keeping an open mind to new things (such as AR and the food they eat, as well as things like the fastlane philosophy on life). So it'll be interesting to combine both into one thing.

She's the one building more compassion in me.

I'm the one with the motivation, drive, and large aspirations to push her.

I think both together will be a good mix and great things will come of this.

That is so awesome, that you're doing this with someone like her. Opening a Farm Sanctuary was one of my dreams a couple of years ago until I went and volunteered in one. It was one of the best experience of my life for sure. They did not promote veganism as much as they could have and in my mind, it's the a big responsibility of the place, but these animals are truly blessings and that's a really nice goal.

Combining AR and Fastlane is a dream combination honestly so I'm really stoked for you :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Met up with my local mastermind group last night and they helped me push myself in the right direction of expanding my marketing campaigns.

Uploading some old videos to YouTube, and I'm putting together new content to publish.

Video 1 - Motivating 2 Girls to Get Started With Building Their Dream on a Beach
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6u-2Mcjpc

Video 2 - Bank Accounts Frozen in a Foreign Country | Traveling the World with No Money
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1pmKcvtJc

So far, the topics of these videos have been general insights off the cuff.

The main focus will be pushing traffic to my front-end offers this year, with at least 1 new video per day on the topics of:
  1. Selecting a Product or Service to Sell, and
  2. Mindset & Motivation.
Doing some keyword research on google today to see what people are already looking for on the topics, to title my videos that way.

Have a call setup on Sunday to talk with a YouTube Marketing genius guru magical awesome person from this forum who is going to help me with targeting/promotion/tags/etc.

Shifting Identities
MJ talks a lot about "Identity".

A lot of times we view this in the sense of identifying yourself as:
  1. A person stuck at a job who wants to be an entrepreneur, vs.
  2. An entrepreneur who works a job on the side.
Regardless of what happens on the outside, you act congruent with how you identify on the inside, and will make more progress when you have the entrepreneurs identity.

Up until now, I identified myself on my pride to make a great product and service. I had the identity of a product person.

Now, shifting my identity into 'being a great marketer and salesperson' who also offers great products and services.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Spent the night learning from the co-founders from one of the largest social justice movements in the world, and the topic he was talking about is controversy and getting attention.

The purpose of the activism they do has one goal in mind: To get people talking about it.

They either talk about:
1. The topic at hand, or
2. The tactics used.

Either way, they do a lot of disruption events to get people talking about things.

When I asked him how does he turn the attention into a change (CTA), he invited me to a 16-hour workshop training next weekend.

Scheduled off my calendar to learn from him and how he went from nothing to building a very large organization with chapters throughout the world within 5 years' time. While the main topic is activism, he mentioned there are a lot of parallels to business owners as well such as myself.

I spent the past few years learning from the thousands of followers of this man (and his co-founders), so next week I'll be excited to learn from someone who is 'at the top of thy pyramid' leading the charge - and really excited to applying that for my business.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
images;_ylt=A0LEVycDcG1asgQAqixx.9w4

She's not selling essential oils, she's selling the love potion that @Van Halen is soo ready to buy. By improving her sales copy and focusing more on selling solutions to problems, instead of selling 'essential oils', she can sell better than most of the other people on the market here

THIS right here is what Unscripted is helping me recognise, it's not just about creating some product or service to say, "hey, I am a business man/woman", it's about bringing GENUINE solutions to the world's many problems and as problem-solvers through entrepreneurship, it doesn't feel or get any better than such, and again, I'm hearing Andy's voice saying, "get on out and REALLY help people," and I'm seeing why the many success stories continuously unfold on this forum.

Keep the excellent work flowing Andrew, it is inspiring.

There's a quote which states, "SELL THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, NOT THE PRODUCT".

I absolutely embrace and adore the productocracy philosophy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.