The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Introduction to NLP Submodalities:

Wasn't gonna post a video today - but @AllenCrawley posted a Gary v video to push me forward.

Recorded the other day - dont mind the woo woo talk. My audience likes speaking "that language"

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
At the end of your video (outro), try adding a snippet of your other videos to encourage viewers to keep watching. Annotations allow you to link directly to your website, social media, and to subscribe.

jG5aEfP.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! Just reminded me I did this with an old channel I had - After having a 'set of fresh eyes' on it...i think it's time to make it look a tad bit nicer :D

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 7.17.33 PM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Extension of the brand: Limitless Success Magazine - Currently have 11,000 iOS readers and just turned it into a free PDF that people are encouraged to share (to build brand awareness).

100% free at this point.

http://limitlesssuccessmag.com/

My plan is to interview and features people with followings, and then allow them to share it with their audience...and then advertise my products and book inside the magazine.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Starting to remove myself from my first business one step at a time..by hiring out tasks, until it is at the point it can grow without me.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Ordered 100 units of something from china....

Got 50 in the mail...

Messaged my sourcing guy to contact the factory...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Learned how to create a channel trailer for my youtube channel today...

This way I have a call to action video for new visitors telling them to subscribe to my channel - I'll see how the subscriptions go from here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBw5FlQjNfBiMhk0ssqygRg

Another common mistake people make when they first learn something and want to help others...

The solution - help others get results - it's that simple.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
June 2016 - Marketing & Advertising
Thinking of reaching out to Gary Vaynerchuk of VaynerMedia for the cover story.

July 2016 - Raising Capital

Thinking of reaching out to Brad Feld, author of Venture Deals/Venture Capitalist for the cover story.
Already have 3 stories lined up from people who raised $10 Million of capital for their businesses over the years

limitless_c

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Apr 29, 2016
Chile
When I created my first business I put "Limitless" somewhere in the title because I wanted to offer all possible things to clients. Then I created other business with "Limitless" also in the title. At least for me, this word represents a lot.

I had success with both businesses ( a lot of sales but very slowlane :facepalm:). Now Im starting my third business but "Limitless" doesn't fit in the title :(
I have t-shirts, hoodies and all types of things with the limitless brand on it.

If the new business fail, its the title :D

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Been making a lot of contacts in the Vegan/Fitness market lately.... not sure how this will pan out, but i have a feeling it may turn into something - somewhere somehow

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Great post. This is the direction I'm continuing to walk every single day. I noticed in my past that leading by example is the best way to go. Kind of reminds me of that phase when I first read about entrepreneurship and preached that to my friends, before I had any success.

Actions speak louder than words.
"People listen to experts, they follow leaders."

www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/people-listen-to-experts-they-follow-leaders.67450

(I must get that transcription loaded...)

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Video uploaded: Talking about a lot of the mental shifts on my journey through entrepreneurship.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Would love to read it..because race car.

I'm sure dollars were spent in the meeting and acquiring of contacts to get it done but..would still be an interesting story to read.

No dollar spent at all ;)

EDIT: swamped with work but I'll post one soon

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Doing some testing on brand building. How can my brand stand out from the rest?

There are plenty of personal development companies out there that teach some of the same stuff I do...how do I stand out.

This guy has his subtle sarcastic persona...

Test 1 - going to take this video down soon, and make it more professional, but this is one of the themes I'm going for:

Test 2 - About page that is not so...boring, so people will read it to the end.

upload_2016-9-20_17-16-33.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I went Vegan about 6 months ago. Started my vegan/ lifestyle blog the other day. Going for two posts per week.
Awesome! What's your purpose for the blog? Recipes? Activism? Etc?

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Awesome! What's your purpose for the blog? Recipes? Activism? Etc?
I probably won't do any recipes because that is super over done on vegan blogs. Half of my posts will be about the health benefits of veganism, explaining studies, vegan diet hacks etc. Will probably dip into environmental, and ethical aspects of veganism as well but not as much. Mostly regurgitating information from popular youtubers to explain the studies and do it without the drama. the other half of my posts will be motivation hacks, health, life, fitness hacks, etc. I pretty much want it to be the whole package in reguards to improving yourself with actionable things you can do right awy. I.e. quit caffeine, myofacial release, diet for weight loss, bodybuilding vegan diet etc. It's going to take a lot of work. What is your website?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I probably won't do any recipes because that is super over done on vegan blogs. Half of my posts will be about the health benefits of veganism, explaining studies, vegan diet hacks etc. Will probably dip into environmental, and ethical aspects of veganism as well but not as much. Mostly regurgitating information from popular youtubers to explain the studies and do it without the drama. the other half of my posts will be motivation hacks, health, life, fitness hacks, etc. I pretty much want it to be the whole package in reguards to improving yourself with actionable things you can do right awy. I.e. quit caffeine, myofacial release, diet for weight loss, bodybuilding vegan diet etc. It's going to take a lot of work. What is your website?

Awesome!

The route I'm taking is to not even use the word veganism because it is a trigger word. In the beginning, I'm working with some of the larger non-profits teaching them what I learned from the business world, and applying these lessons so their cause in activism. From there, I'll be partnering up with a vegan girl to attack the health/fitness markets - without using the word vegan, but suggesting more plant-based diets, to avoid the resistance from people who aren't vegan but are in the health/fitness market.

The site for that isn't up yet - but my personal site is http://andrewalexander.org/ where I'll be posting a lot of articles and stuff. I just put it back up after it got hacked the other week.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Awesome!

The route I'm taking is to not even use the word veganism because it is a trigger word. In the beginning, I'm working with some of the larger non-profits teaching them what I learned from the business world, and applying these lessons so their cause in activism. From there, I'll be partnering up with a vegan girl to attack the health/fitness markets - without using the word vegan, but suggesting more plant-based diets, to avoid the resistance from people who aren't vegan but are in the health/fitness market.

The site for that isn't up yet - but my personal site is http://andrewalexander.org/ where I'll be posting a lot of articles and stuff. I just put it back up after it got hacked the other week.
Good thing people are going different routes. I'm going the veganism route because it's already so big and I can effect current vegans and possibly get people to join the group. (People like joining groups) And I figure why try to start a new movement when we can just make the current movement (that is growing, check google trends) better.

I will probably be very tactful going forward in using the word "Vegan" But the title of my site is Davethevegan.com so it's going to be out there lol

I like your blog. I wish the font was a little bigger. Was hard to read. I think size 16-18 is a sweet spot for blogs.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Good thing people are going different routes. I'm going the veganism route because it's already so big and I can effect current vegans and possibly get people to join the group. (People like joining groups) And I figure why try to start a new movement when we can just make the current movement (that is growing, check google trends) better.

I will probably be very tactful going forward in using the word "Vegan" But the title of my site is Davethevegan.com so it's going to be out there lol

I like your blog. I wish the font was a little bigger. Was hard to read. I think size 16-18 is a sweet spot for blogs.

Thanks!

Updated the font size to 18px. How's that work? Might consider bumping it up to 20

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Opened your blog and proceeded to read a full post.
You write a lot of text, I think you will benefit from a major redesign of your website, because currently it doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into it.

Kind of devalues your content and makes one take it not serious.

Regarding typography, I'd say Caravel, 19-20px, no sidebar, 1.5+ line-height, less-black colour and more intelligent formatting will make it look solid.
GbDYsFxyPmk.jpg

Thanks! I had the site setup with a whole different design and then began modeling Ryan Holiday's site with the content and articles - which must be doing well for him.

I'll check into the font change when I get back to updating it!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Have fun and be safe.

Do your blogging on your blog though, not here.

You can post major updates here, but this thread can't be bumped every day for this.

Good luck, be safe. Travel well, have fun, and we'll catch you with a trip and learning summary when you come back.

Thank you and will do!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I've tagged this a Progress Thread since it seems to be randomly updated -- please keep it non-commercialized.
Thanks MJ - I want to keep a progress of everything since I'm going through a lot of changes now and want to share the journey for those that follow; not trying to bump the thread for sales.

I'd like to keep posting updates as I go - and if it works better for you - you can remove the link from the first page of this thread and switch the business name to AndrewNCs progress thread or something.

In the meantime, I'll just post an update in December of major business progress after I leave Europe.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
That's gotta be the most committed strategy to getting invited up for a nightcap I've ever seen!
I literally laughed out loud while reading this. :D

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Also, trying to get in touch with Elon Musk to help him with one of his new businesses.

I love that this is an afterthought. Haha. No big deal, just trying to work with the biggest superstar in business. But I have no doubt you'll get in contact with him, you seem to have this way of networking that'll play out well.

I thought you got rid of your Limitless magazine a while ago?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
First Two (Known) Client Referrals

1) One customer of mine who I met through a meetup group last year, and hired me for my services in March and August - offered me $200 to help her brother through a problem he is facing using my NLP tools. On the phone call, she immediately paid the full amount and I'm now scheduling a session with her and her brother tomorrow.

2) Also, I did some NLP work with a member of this forum a few months ago. Today he reached out to me because he saw a guy make a post on Facebook about how fears and other things along those lines are becoming too much to handle for his life - so he felt the need to recommend my services to the random guy in a facebook group.

screenshot3.png

It's a good feeling to see people who used my services to recommend them to friends, strangers, and one even buying it for someone she knows.

The services I offer are definitely at the "product-centered business" level MJ talks about in both his books, so I've been transitioning my time away from learning new skills and towards improving my sales process. After I hone that in, I'll ramp up the process of getting new leads - I spoke to a guy at a startup meetup group in Boulder and he recommended linkedin ads.

So for improving my sales process for my services specifically...

I break down the parts of improving my sales process into two areas. There are the internal changes that get in the way (fear of cold calling, failure, rejection, guilt, fear of judgement, self-judgement, limiting beliefs, not feeling qualified enough, and a million other internal blockages that get in the way from closing more sales) as well as the external training (learning how to overcome objections, accurately articulating the benefits of the product/service, etc.

Internal Change Work

I used to suffer from a lot of limiting beliefs when it comes to guilt around selling. Even after I've had worked with hundreds of clients, I still had that feeling deep inside of me that was ingrained from my past where society tells you 'selling is bad, you'll be a sleazy salesmen, etc.' The ironic part is that this is an exact problem I help clients through without fail, but sometimes I never really took a step back to do the same techniques on myself. It's easy to get caught up in your own ways, so it benefits to go to someone outside of you who can not only recognize the problems you're facing, but also have the ability to help you through them quickly...So after I spent a few hours working through that on myself, I also did one call with a past NLP student of mine who I trained in the same skills. Within 1o minutes of some type of psychology stuff he was doing, he helped me through one of one of the last major blockages on that. It's interesting to see how he integrated my training into his approach, and still went out and learned some more tools that I didn't teach him. #itrainedmyownpersonalpsychologist

I also suffered from hesitation while transitioning from demonstrating my services to asking for the sale - so I worked through that too. Part of this was resolved due to the external feedback from past clients and the examples above.

External Skills Training

I've been spending a lot of time with a member from this forum who lives here - having him mentor me on improving my sales process - picking up on things I haven't considered, and offering me to consult with the sales guy he uses for his own business. In the past when I closed sales ($250 product and $2,000 -$4,500 services) through emails, I would type up the price along with the benefits of my service, and then sit there for 10 minutes thinking if I should ask for the sale (still had the guilt about selling back then)...and after 10 minutes of hesitation, I would suck it up and hit send.

But when I talk to people over the phone, it's different. I demonstrate my services, then after they are happy - I offer my variety of services custom-tailored for them. For the higher-priced services I offer ($2,000 NLP packages to existing business owners, or $4,500 for my incubator program - I've been closing into the 5 figures of sales in the past year, but i've noticed there is a lot room for improvement. So for the investment in getting the mentorship from someone experienced in making sales is a HUGE help - One little piece of advice could put an additional $4,500 in my pocket that week. He's been helping me whenever we meet up for dinner/drinks/hiking and then when I pay his sales guy from some consulting - I should get a lot out of that and see some improvements very quickly.

Next Steps

Currently launching a very specialized offer for a major problem in the market I serve....will be launching the advertisements for that in the upcoming days.

Get more experience with the sales approach.

Then hound @Imgal to answer her Skype/email about the introduction of the book....and have her work her marketing magic to get some more leads from social media.

22366746_1313452062096806_3351124775674726468_n.jpg

Fitness goals: 77 Degrees in Boulder, Colorado! Lost 33 pounds since moving here in September.

Relationship goals: A friend from the forum here introduced me to someone he thinks would be a good fit for me. She has a lot of similar hobbies, same outlook on life, and seems like a cool person from our Facebook convo. Should see her in person this upcoming week.

Non-profit stuff: That animal rights activist group I met from back in 2016 really could use some lessons on building rapport (instead of falling into the stereotype of 'angry vegans'), so I'm spending more time with that group to get my face known and help them with that. If they can learn some influence/sales/rapport skills, they could be less frustrated and spread their message faster.

Also talked with one of the group leaders about starting a non-profit together where we would run Facebook, Google, and YouTube "branding" campaigns for veganism. The message they want to deliver is on speciesism - where they talk about "Why do we view dogs and cats as pets while we eat cows and chickens". They view cows and chickens as having the same right to live as all other animals. So I'm creating a blog post on a .org with pictures of people with pet goats, pet cows, and really choosing pictures that trigger the "warm feeling in the heart" emotions when people see them - and then blast everyone who clicks through to that page with retargeting ads with the speciesism message/pictures of cows showing emotions.

From a 'marketing' perspective, compassion is the emotion they are looking to install in the people they are looking to influence - so by choosing pictures that hit the heart (literally in an emotional sense), and associating those feelings with the picture of the cows (animals the want to save) - I think that would create a more effective change than just showing random advertisements.

^Same concept can apply for business branding too. There are ways through your pictures and words where you can install specific emotions in your customers (provide them confidence in your product, hope - if you're selling a self-help type of service, etc)

I'll put $100 of my own money into the campaign to test the ads, and depending on how it goes, the other guy doing this mentioned we could find vegan-friendly businesses to fund the awareness of this cause that means so much to them. I find it interesting in creating a paid advertising campaign where there is zero intent to make a profit - but I see their cause and this will be kind of fun.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Where can we get a bottle of Heart Song? Now that's productocracy baby.
My dating life has been through the roof since picking up a bottle of this love potion.

But I've also been helping a dating coach start a business and going full-out with my magical manifestation magic, so the combination of the three is perfect.

She also gave me a bottle of essential oils for Clarity/Focus and for Anxiety Relief to sample.

IMG_8524.JPG

Yesterday afternoon, I met up with another member of this Fastlane forum, and Helga, the entrepreneur behind Hannahs Essentials.

I connected the two of them together because her website desperately needed help, and he was looking to create a portfolio for his website design services. They met up at 12:00 at some taco place to discuss the website ideas and SEO, and I joined them at 1:00 to talk about a JV between my business and hers.

The first thing I did was eat the rest of Brett's chips and Guacamole because I started training for a half marathon and didn't eat breakfast that day.

After that, we moved over to Trident Cafe, a local business on Pearl Street owned by Andrew Hyde - the Founder of Startup weekend where I usually go to grab coffee and write.

sizetrident.jpg

Helga sells her essential oils at home shows, farmers markets, and places like that. I told her about the millionaire fastlane and the commandment of Entry. Everybody in the state of Colorado and their mother sells essential oils. It's not a unique product.

But she is passionate about it.

It is the very thing that helped her daughters Anxiety and she beliefs whole-heartedly in this solution. So how can she sell this product in such a crowded market? She began talking about all the features of the essential oils, how it works, etc...

But then it hit me...

Where can we get a bottle of Heart Song? Now that's productocracy baby.

She's not selling essential oils, she's selling the love potion that @Van Halen is soo ready to buy. By improving her sales copy and focusing more on selling solutions to problems, instead of selling 'essential oils', she can sell better than most of the other people on the market here. And if she targets MEN with this marketing angle - she'll begin attracting customers that probably otherwise wouldn't care about essential oils at all.

To increase her revenue, I decided to do a JV with her.

For every bottle she sells to a customer, I am going to create a postcard-sized flyer that she will give to her customers for 75% off an NLP session with me (helps reduce stress, anxiety, improve sleep, and find clarity and direction in their life), common problems her customers have, and directly related to what people buy her oils for already. Also, the flyer will have a coupon code for a % off my Limitless Transformation (NLP) training course, using her business name as a coupon code.

We agreed to a 50/50 split for any sales she drives my way, making her an affiliate for my services.
  1. I benefit because this is a new marketing source for me, and it's largely automated.
  2. She benefits because a $10 sale can turn into a $50 (or more) sale for her with no additional work.
  3. The customers benefit because her aromatherapy product mixed with my services will give them more tools and better results in resolving their problems.
So moving forward, I'm creating the flyer in photoshop with the direct benefits of the product, things she said her customers struggled with (lack of sleep at night, anxiety, etc.).

The other fastlaner from here will be improving her website, with more benefit-oriented sales copy, clear call-to-actions, SEO, and other website improvements to increase her sales, and built his portfolio.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Spent the night learning from the co-founders from one of the largest social justice movements in the world, and the topic he was talking about is controversy and getting attention.

The purpose of the activism they do has one goal in mind: To get people talking about it.

They either talk about:
1. The topic at hand, or
2. The tactics used.

Either way, they do a lot of disruption events to get people talking about things.

When I asked him how does he turn the attention into a change (CTA), he invited me to a 16-hour workshop training next weekend.

Scheduled off my calendar to learn from him and how he went from nothing to building a very large organization with chapters throughout the world within 5 years' time. While the main topic is activism, he mentioned there are a lot of parallels to business owners as well such as myself.

I spent the past few years learning from the thousands of followers of this man (and his co-founders), so next week I'll be excited to learn from someone who is 'at the top of thy pyramid' leading the charge - and really excited to applying that for my business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.