The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Less noise, Less Ordinary. More Action

Lezgo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Dec 16, 2017
UK
Researching selling on amazon had me joining this site. Yes I'm another one.
Appreciated the straight to the point replies. It's my style.
Wary of the schools, coaching, programs all needing $/£, money that could actually be needed for the venture itself already going down the drain. I want to avoid all that distraction.
I am making my way through MJ's chapters, getting the same buzz as I did when going through Kiyosaki's book but hopefully this time without that dip at the end when you realise that you've read about everything and nothing because nothing tangible has been gleaned out of all the hype and excitement. Life still carries on the same. It's not easy carving out time as a new mum. I need to make this work.
Hello, I'm ready.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Your title says More Action. What action are you taking?

Welcome to the forum!

Lezgo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Dec 16, 2017
UK
Action?
Current contracting company made dormant. Decided I am not going back after my maternity leave because I want to focus on being with the baby and this new venture.
I have registered and opened up the company, actually put some money down into using what is supposedly the hottest research tool at the moment ( this is when I knew I was all in.)
I am usually extremely skeptical and wary. I would never put money down just like that on some software but I have made that jump).
Opened a bank account for the company. Consulted 3 sourcing companies( only to be told by 1 that my initial capital is too low for them to deal with me). The other 2 never responded back.
Freight forwarding companies (weight is too low). Walter's thread on importing - need to read that. Registered for EOR1 as per EU requirements. Now realised that I need to look into insurance.
Think I've found my products. Decided to go for a small number in 4 groups- 1 should stick right? Ordered samples and I'm now trying to learn how to private label.

My problem is managing how to stay afloat on the amount of information I collect. I believe I an information hoarder of sorts. Hence my reference to less noise in my title. Blame the training as a clinical scientist. I tend to think I need everything, so with the number of courses out there saying to do this and that. It's an uphill struggle saying no whilst at the back of my mind wondering whether I have missed out on something.
Time is not something I have a lot of with a very young child and husband. Sleep is forgotten skill and days are being spent running on 3-4hrs sleep.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I hope your research tool is not another of those that help and encourage you to find "hot selling products."

Far better in my opinion to find unique products or ones that have not been previously imported into the UK.

Vigilante has posted on this subject. In one post in 2015 he wrote: The bottom line is in order to succeed in the game the OP is trying to succeed in, you have to find a product that has never been imported into the United States and import it. That is the path of least resistance, and the best way to create value where none exists." The thread title was
Starting From The Bottom: My Ebay Journey

In my AMA I have also posted in a similar vein, consistent with what I have written in my book where I suggest ways to find such products.

Hot sellers are products that by their very nature are mostly very competitive. Maybe you can compete on Amazon by sourcing at low cost or by better advertising, but when you hurt your competitors they will fight back.

You mention sourcing companies. You should avoid them. See my AMA for reasons why.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lezgo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Dec 16, 2017
UK
I hope your research tool is not another of those that help and encourage you to find "hot selling products."

Far better in my opinion to find unique products or ones that have not been previously imported into the UK.

Vigilante has posted on this subject. In one post in 2015 he wrote: The bottom line is in order to succeed in the game the OP is trying to succeed in, you have to find a product that has never been imported into the United States and import it. That is the path of least resistance, and the best way to create value where none exists." The thread title was
Starting From The Bottom: My Ebay Journey

In my AMA I have also posted in a similar vein, consistent with what I have written in my book where I suggest ways to find such products.

Hot sellers are products that by their very nature are mostly very competitive. Maybe you can compete on Amazon by sourcing at low cost or by better advertising, but when you hurt your competitors they will fight back.

You mention sourcing companies. You should avoid them. See my AMA for reasons why.

Walter
Thank you for your invaluable advice.
I will go and look for read that thread ASAP.
I have considered this but considered it highly risky. By bringing in a product not previously bought. Wouldn't that be an even bigger risk should the market not have a demand for it? Though with most cases bigger risk results in bigger risk of winning or losing.

I've ended up not using sourcers because they have all been working out to be very expensive. About as much as half my budget!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...