• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

Lead Generation Site - Getting Started

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Rekkesque, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Rekkesque

Rekkesque New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Hello All, I've just read TMF and I've already taken a huge chunk out of Unscripted as well. Love the books so far and the fact there's this resource is great. I'm going to push myself and MJ called me out directly. I've had a lot of ideas and very little action. So here goes...

I've found a pretty awesome sector that doesn't seem to be serviced and is on the rise for sure. I'm just having trouble with some of the logic in the start of this.

With a lead generation site, you're selling the connection between the customers and the businesses. However, at the start you have neither the product or the people. I'm finding it hard to convince Businesses to sign up with no product or to justify sinking some money into building it, without some more concrete evidence it's a valid business model...

I'm just looking for some overall advice if others have experience in this area, or just a kick in ass to say f*ck it and get started with the website.

I've emailed a fair amount of companies this morning so waiting for some responses, created a bootstrap portal for businesses to go to if they want to sign up.

BuckF likes this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $147,249
    Here's two ways to get started:
    1. Get a lead of a consumer looking for a service provider and try and fulfil it, then take it from there.
    2. Get a service provider as a client and try and generate leads for them, then take it from there.
    Both of these strategies involve talking to either side of the market asap.

There's another recent progress thread by @Fred Chevry who's only a step or two ahead of you:

... and I have a lead gen for local service businesses thread linked to in my signature:

Maybe listen to the two calls I had with @Scot:

... and/or the call I had with @Contrarian:

... and/or the call I had with @Random_0:

... and/or the call I had with @JoeyF :

EDIT: Some related threads from doing a quick search:

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $300,481
    Admin Post
    I don't mean to be a dick, but...

[​IMG]

If you have leads, try giving them away. Few companies will refuse, "Hey, I have a customer that wants a pool, can you contact him?"

If they convert, you can start selling them.
    That's how I got started.

4. Rekkesque

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Great to hear some feedback, especially from you MJ. I've been gone for a while, creating the website and trying to absorb as much information as I possibly can. I'm at the point where we can launch the website, but I'm having a hard time, mostly with how to approach the problem I cited above.

Right now, my plan is to reach out to all the retailers in the US that could be a good fit for my generation website, and offer them, risk free our premium level service for a month. Then at that point, I'm really going to on my end start marketing mostly through social media channels, such as FB/Instagram and some in Google AdWords.

I'd love to hear more feedback, but I wanted to let you know this wasn't just some bullshit empty post that someone made. I read your book and others and it's truly motivated me and your comment above continues to do the same!

Late Bloomer likes this.
  5. RahKnee

RahKnee Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $344
    You'll need something that adds value for your clients on both sides. Screen the service providers to make sure they're of high quality, and pre-qualify your leads to make sure your service providers don't waste time and money.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  6. Rekkesque

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Adding value in that space is pretty self-explanatory. Clients for businesses and services that directly match what they are looking for, which is what my SAAS site provides for them, matching them on product and company fit as well.

My options as I see it is to create company profiles and just send customers to them for free, similarly to what MJ said, or try and get companies to try and sign up for the site, which will involving some process.

7. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,119
    I've been listening to Andy's recorded calls. He has a lot of great material about this. One remark that stayed with me is, "Nobody wants to pay to get listed in a directory. But if you show you can get customers to show up for them, they'll be willing to talk with you about how to continue that flow."

Captain, we're being hailed by the Ferengi. They claim to have the coordinates of four civilizations that would like to join the Federation. They offer to begin the negotiations at one hundred bars of gold pressed latinum...

Andy Black likes this.
  8. IGP

IGP Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,669
    Do you have leads currently that need to placed or is this just a pipe dream?

Edited - Quoted the wrong post