The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead generation for real estate agents??

berrydev

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 26, 2020
United States
Would it be a bad idea to web scrape various different sources containing leads for real estate agents? I know there is competition, but feel there is still opportunities available in the niche.
Thanks for any and all feedback :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocket99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I own a large real estate marketing company. What you are proposing is probably not doable. At least not for getting quality leads anyways. Agents pay an arm and a leg for leads to companies like Zillow (and even most of those leads are crappy), so I feel like a big company such as Zillow would have figured this out a while ago and done it if it was possible. If you are set on going the lead generation route for real estate agents as a business I can probably give you a ton of valuable advice. Just ask away.

DCDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Dec 3, 2016
Washington DC
Hi @rocket99 ,
I'm a real estate agent and I do not buy leads from Zillow or any of those sites however, I'm curious about the valuable advice you can give? (Not being sarcastic)

rocket99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Hi @rocket99 ,
I'm a real estate agent and I do not buy leads from Zillow or any of those sites however, I'm curious about the valuable advice you can give? (Not being sarcastic)
If you have any specific questions fire away. You are in the industry, so my advice would probably not be anything groundbreaking for you. It was more aimed at the OP who probably has little to no clue about how the real estate industry operates, where and how agents lead generate, ect. That's good that you don't buy leads from Zillow though. I used to when I was an agent and it was the biggest mistake of my rookie year. The leads start of good then deteriorate rapidly in both quality and quantity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sharona87

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 23, 2020
Australia
I own a large real estate marketing company. What you are proposing is probably not doable. At least not for getting quality leads anyways. Agents pay an arm and a leg for leads to companies like Zillow (and even most of those leads are crappy), so I feel like a big company such as Zillow would have figured this out a while ago and done it if it was possible. If you are set on going the lead generation route for real estate agents as a business I can probably give you a ton of valuable advice. Just ask away.
I'd love to take you up on this!

I've been having some conversations with real estate agents with the goal of finding a pain point that I could solve with a service.

One of the agents I spoke with said that the activities that had the lowest ROI for his time were content creation and campaign management. He ghosted me after that lol but I'd be really interested in hearing your thoughts on that. Do you agree?

Is there anything you're trying to do better as real estate agents?

Is Facebook ads used as a lead generation or awareness generation tool by agents/agencies (I don't have Facebook so don't have a means of coming across these ads)

And lastly, are there annoying tasks that could be outsourced easily like data entry?

TIA for taking the time to respond :)

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 27, 2022
If you have any specific questions fire away. You are in the industry, so my advice would probably not be anything groundbreaking for you. It was more aimed at the OP who probably has little to no clue about how the real estate industry operates, where and how agents lead generate, ect. That's good that you don't buy leads from Zillow though. I used to when I was an agent and it was the biggest mistake of my rookie year. The leads start of good then deteriorate rapidly in both quality and quantity.
Hey! I would love to hear more about your story. I have been an agent for 8 years and have grown a real estate team of 5 agents. I want to start a marketing company for agents. How is your business doing? What services do you offer and what made you decide to get out of being an agent and start your marketing company. I would love to hear back from you. I am feeling very stuck.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Never done that myself, but I know a guy who is doing marketing for real estate agency via FB Ads and email marketing, like this:

Create 2 lead magnets with free related ebooks using FB Ads, one for buyers, one for sellers (for instance 10 things to do before buying a house, and 10 advices to sell properly)

Then the leads make the email list grow and the agency can work from there, with minimal cost.

However I never tested that myself

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
There is a book called The Mortgage Marketing Manifesto by the guy behind LeadPops. Here he summarizes the various techniques. It's not the same as selling or renting real estate, but related.

At least mortgage leads can be very time-sensitive. If somebody has entered their information on some website such as Lending Tree, then they have received a call in the next second and several more calls in the next hour, so the cost of the lead goes down with time, and very quickly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.