The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Advice: Engaging Real Estate Agents for My Country's First Property Marketplace

Marketing, social media, advertising

Entrepeneurista

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 30, 2024
Hello Fast Lane Forum members,

I've embarked on an exciting journey by launching the first-ever real estate marketplace for my country. This is a pioneering venture in a region where digitalization is just beginning to take root. Traditionally, real estate agents have relied on scattered Facebook groups to list properties, creating a fragmented and inefficient process for buyers, renters, and investors. Despite the presence of a few foreign agents with their websites, the vast majority of listings remain inaccessible and unorganized.

Before developing my website, I conducted informal research and received overwhelmingly positive feedback about the idea of a centralized marketplace. Enthusiastic about this feedback, I personally reached out to over 30 local real estate agents, all of whom expressed great interest in listing their properties on my platform. However, two weeks in, I'm faced with a perplexing situation – not a single listing has been posted.

I understand the challenges of intermittent internet access and the economic constraints in my country, yet it's baffling that these agents, who are active on Facebook, hesitate to utilize my free service. In an attempt to demonstrate the benefits, I even replicated a listing from Facebook (with mixed reactions from the agents).

I've engaged a local marketing firm, which suggested focusing on Facebook ads to target real estate agents initially, given that our primary audience is active there. They've also advised reaching out to three major real estate offices, though I'm skeptical due to their established online presence and focus on high-end properties that appeal mainly to foreigners.

Given the hesitancy I've observed, I'm concerned about the future feasibility of transitioning to a paid service model. While I've implemented AdSense on the site in the hope of generating some revenue, the advertising market in my country is quite limited.

I'm reaching out to this community for advice and strategies to encourage real estate agents to list on my site instead of resorting to Facebook. How can I convince them of the value and efficiency of using a dedicated property marketplace? Any insights, tips, or success stories from similar initiatives would be greatly appreciated. I remain optimistic and am proud to be a pioneer in this space, but I recognize the need for a well-thought-out approach to overcome these initial hurdles.

Thank you in advance for your support and guidance.

Best regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.