The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea - Lead generation

Idea threads

Pazi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 6, 2023
Austria
Hi guys,

Yesterday while driving my car, I came up with an idea. In a special niche, in which courses are offered (approx. 50 small business in my city), there seems to be no comaprison portal. The same counts for other cities in my country (or other countires).

I guess, this will be very difficult, as the prices of the companies are not available online (only upon request). From a short research, there are often 600$ price difference.

However, the competition is very competitive in this niche. Maybe it would also an opportunity to generate leads like MJ did with the limousine-service.

The following questions arise:

• If I do an comparison portal - how do i get all prices (and how can I make money with this idea)
  • If I generate leads like MJ did - how do I sell them?
  • Do I have to actively apporach the companies and advertise that I sell leads?
  • How do I generate leads? With an online form and then pass it on to the companies?

Thanks for help :)
Pazi

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How do I generate leads?
I think it starts here. If you can generate leads the rest will fall into place. If you can't then anything else you do is wasted.

Jérémy de HelpIn

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 17, 2023
To know their prices, if they're not available on their websites..

You'll have to get the price from them.

You can pretend to be interested in their services to gather the intel, but I wouldn't do that.

If these companies wanted the prices to be public, they would put them on the website. If they're are upon request, it's because it suits their business model!

By disclosing their prices and disturbing their business models, I'm not sure you'll make friends.

I'd go with honesty and contact them telling the whole story. Some will join your program, others won't. But at least you're in the safe.

Pazi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 6, 2023
Austria
To know their prices, if they're not available on their websites..

You'll have to get the price from them.

You can pretend to be interested in their services to gather the intel, but I wouldn't do that.

If these companies wanted the prices to be public, they would put them on the website. If they're are upon request, it's because it suits their business model!

By disclosing their prices and disturbing their business models, I'm not sure you'll make friends.

I'd go with honesty and contact them telling the whole story. Some will join your program, others won't. But at least you're in the safe.

I agree, the only way to get the price is, that I send a request for the course. And of course, they won't be happy with it, but it would be revive the competition.

Maybe it would be better for the first step to create a landing page and try to genereate leads. If this works, I can get in touch with them and tell them the whole story with respect to the comparison portal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pazi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 6, 2023
Austria
I think it starts here. If you can generate leads the rest will fall into place. If you can't then anything else you do is wasted.

I agree, so the question is.. how do I generate leads with a landing page.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I agree, so the question is.. how do I generate leads with a landing page.
Don't pre-empt the HOW by presuming it needs a landing page.

A better question might be:

"How do I generate leads of people looking for <course> in <location>?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.